It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Step Too Far

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

You know, I actually can't provide a link...

I tried but noticed I misread something in your previous link. So yeah i have nothing to back that claim, sorry i kept you waiting...

Did someone just apologize and admit a mistake on ATS!!!!

It truly is end times.

Respect for doing so. It's far too rare.
edit on 6-9-2024 by BedevereTheWise because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

No probs.

Respect to you.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 02:02 PM
link   

See ETA sorry for the mess...

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 02:06 PM
link   

So from your link

What little actual campaigning there's been in Crimea has taken place under the often menacing gaze of local militia forces, as well as the seemingly Russian military. In the face of overwhelming evidence, Russia denies it has deployed any troops.

It's possible, perhaps even likely, that in a free and fair referendum that a majority might have voted to join Russia, and if so that should be respected.

However this was not anything like a free and fair referendum.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 02:16 PM
link   

From your source:

"Ukraine’s acting defence minister today hit out at what he said was the continued build-up of Russian military personnel in Crimea, meaning the referendum is now taking place under the careful watch of around 22,000 occupying troops."

Voting at gun point.

Did all the fleeing Ukrainian refugees get to vote?

Were they joyous at again being under Putins heel?

Free and fair, my @rse.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 02:28 PM
link   

www.france24.com...

"Campaigns concerning the referendum have been almost exclusively pro-Russian, with Ukrainian television channels blacked out from Crimean cable networks shortly after the referendum was announced. Some pro-Russian campaigns have used swastikas equating Kiev authorities with neo-Nazis."

Does this look like free and fair?

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 02:51 PM
link   

We have been over that article. you posted it in response to me. I've read it.
Why i was so confused, when i clicked your second link in response to me and didn't find a shred of any joy mentioned... But it was the first link... Yeah i made a mess by not trusting my memory that told me there was an article that had pictures of joyous people and the mention of it...
That second article i searched up and down for that mention was frigging long and i gave up and told myself must have been something else i recently read, faulty memory... After i posted my apologies i just couldn't shake the feeling and had another go...

the guy in the Pic looks happy but im aware of how propaganda works.

This being a western propaganda piece i found it all the more relevant they pointed out that there was joy among the crowd.

You can laugh it up all you want, that's the joy i referred to and it looks and reads like genuine joy...

Now what do you think would happen if the US descendants in Alberta where complaining about systematic prosecution by the Canadian government, they had a "successful" referendum to join the USA, and we're denied... Maybe there are better examples but you get the gist, no super nation would sit by idly, while their people where harased and disrespected a stone throw away... Russia will deal with this how Russia sees fit. And Ukraine will too. Hence where we are...

Not our fight!
edit on 6-9-2024 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 03:06 PM
link   

From your link, i will have to first get a grip on this tibit

More than half a million people were killed in the Crimean War of 1853-1856 between Russia and the Ottoman Empire, which was backed by Britain and France.

I think the powers that be then aren't all to dissimilar to the powers that be now.

I also think there might be an ulterior reason why those two nations have the strongest propaganda rhetorics among non involved.
I mean obviously no one beats the USA when it comes to anti Russian propaganda. But i did notice a lot of French and UK outlets to be very vocal about it, and on the front page of search results...

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join