It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Step Too Far

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: charlest2

Old man here too, BUT...I'm not going to wish for destruction.

Personal note: I'm selfish...and I'm gonna spend some of this damned money we've earned!!

I've paid for every debt I ever had. I have no debt...none. not even a single credit card. Nothing. Everything is paid for.

I go to the mat with nothing. Nothing.

Take the stupid truck, I don't care; doesn't matter.

I've seen the biggest fear, and the biggest danger a man can ever see. I went there, no fear. Sometimes I won, and sometimes I lost, but I was never afraid.

There is only ONE person I am afraid of (and I ain't skeer'd of nothin'), and that's the dentist! Long story, but rarely a dentist will even talk to me when I tell him my story. F'in' cowards, greedy, bitches!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I may be wrong here but I have come to believe the only way to get through to some people is to insult their intelligence.

I am debt free as well. Never bought anything I didn't have the ability to pay for with expedience. I don't have much, but I don't need much. I am content with what I have earned in this life and I have a credit score over 800.

I have overcome obstacles most have not even dreamed and I have been self sufficient my entire life and proud of it. It has strengthened me.

Who can say they have hand dug a 36 inch well 30 feet deep? I can!
edit on 5-9-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlest2
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I agree with you 100% Claydisk but those that can't see the forest for the trees are insufferable for me and provoke me to belligerence. I guess I am too thin skinned and the more ignorant than I tends to set me off. Extreme ignorance sets me off to the extreme.

I wish more would recognize the potential in this but they don't, and probably never will until the missiles start to rain down on them.

I'm an old man and not long left in this world but I still hate that it could all some day come to destruction for nonsensical reasons.

Best to ignore em after awhile.

It’s like having a debate with a girlfriend/wife who has limited understanding/knowledge and their retort is purely based on emotions versus logic etc

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Imhere

Wise advice but hard to follow through on.

I'm not one to sit back and take crap from a no nothing do nothing keyboard warrior.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Really??

You don't say.

Emotions vs. logic...really? That's curious. I'd love to debate some true logic with you...IF that comment was directed at me. Candidly, I don't think you'd fare well.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: tamusan
ca reply to: charlest2

We have to get rid of the old ones so that they can be replaced with newer ones.

I would prefer they buried them in the desert somewhere.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: BedevereTheWise

Western countries almost certainly would respond to Russia using nuclear weapons.

Militarily...I disagree. Economically maybe, but not militarily. NATO is not some fraternity, it's an alliance, an alliance which protects member countries from attack by non-member countries. It is not a political / ideological arm of any one country. Ukraine is not a member of NATO. NATO is not going to escalated the Russia-Ukraine conflict unless that conflict spills over into NATO member countries.

Think about it this way, a geographically distant NATO country would have major objections to their being involved in a nuclear conflict with Russia unless their sovereignty was being threatened (which is the whole purpose of NATO, nothing more).

Now, if Russia decided to nuke a NATO country as part of their response to Ukraine, then all bets are off, but that isn't the case at present.

This is where I have to disagree with your logic. Once upon a time, NATO was what you describe but not anymore. Once an alliance to inhibit Soviet aggression. But there is no more Soviet. It disintegrated with the end of the cold war and NATO's prime directive disintegrated with it. Now it is the military leverage to geopolitical objectives to surround and subdue Russia for global hegemony and economic exploitation. Russia is a vast untapped resource as far as western capitalists are concerned and they want to tap and exploit these resources.

You don't think what is happening here is politically and economically motivated but it is. As General Smedley Butler plainly stated, "War Is A Racket". It's the enforcement arm and means to satisfy capitalist greed and geopolitical hegemony. Every war is for profit. Every war!

NATO has morphed into a purely aggressive entity controlled and directed by the United States to facilitate the domination and destruction of the Russian Federation and will not stop until it is done. There was no logical purpose in our supporting the most corrupt nation in eastern Europe other than to confront Russia and put our combined military at Moscow's front doorstep. Ask Hunter and Joe Biden what business we had involving ourselves there. None legally, whatsoever. What was to gain by arming a non-NATO country? We had no vital interest there and Russia was not threatening any NATO affiliate nation. What did we have to gain there?

Putin only invaded because Ukraine was oppressing and killing ethnic Russians in the eastern regions. If Ukraine had not done that, he would have never intervened there.

Oh well! the truth will be told eventually. If we are not all dead first.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Really??

You don't say.

Emotions vs. logic...really? That's curious. I'd love to debate some true logic with you...IF that comment was directed at me. Candidly, I don't think you'd fare well.

No it wasn’t directed towards you FCD.

I was agreeing with Charles about others. That we both had back/forth constant interactions with here in the past etc

edit on 5-9-2024 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 11:11 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Well, it was Ukraine wasn't it? The country we have to save because they are so alike the free world. But here you are saying their voting system is not free and compromised?

It's word against word for troops to be sent.

Now obviously the Russian have put funds into the propaganda leading up to the vote, but that's just how democracy works. Obviously the most ardent about it where people with Russian descent. Should we not respect voting outcomes when people get talked into an opinion? Is that the approach to dismiss democratic processes if we don't like it?

Do you think their joy over the outcome was a display under duress or genuine?

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

We do the same thing all over the world. If we can't influence their elections to suit our objectives, we overthrow their governments.
edit on 6-9-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlest2

Western countries almost certainly would respond to Russia using nuclear weapons.

Militarily...I disagree. Economically maybe, but not militarily. NATO is not some fraternity, it's an alliance, an alliance which protects member countries from attack by non-member countries. It is not a political / ideological arm of any one country. Ukraine is not a member of NATO. NATO is not going to escalated the Russia-Ukraine conflict unless that conflict spills over into NATO member countries.

Think about it this way, a geographically distant NATO country would have major objections to their being involved in a nuclear conflict with Russia unless their sovereignty was being threatened (which is the whole purpose of NATO, nothing more).

Now, if Russia decided to nuke a NATO country as part of their response to Ukraine, then all bets are off, but that isn't the case at present.

This is where I have to disagree with your logic. Once upon a time, NATO was what you describe but not anymore. Once an alliance to inhibit Soviet aggression. But there is no more Soviet. It disintegrated with the end of the cold war and NATO's prime directive disintegrated with it. Now it is the military leverage to geopolitical objectives to surround and subdue Russia for global hegemony and economic exploitation. Russia is a vast untapped resource as far as western capitalists are concerned and they want to tap and exploit these resources.

You don't think what is happening here is politically and economically motivated but it is. As General Smedley Butler plainly stated, "War Is A Racket". It's the enforcement arm and means to satisfy capitalist greed and geopolitical hegemony. Every war is for profit. Every war!

NATO has morphed into a purely aggressive entity controlled and directed by the United States to facilitate the domination and destruction of the Russian Federation and will not stop until it is done. There was no logical purpose in our supporting the most corrupt nation in eastern Europe other than to confront Russia and put our combined military at Moscow's front doorstep. Ask Hunter and Joe Biden what business we had involving ourselves there. None legally, whatsoever. What was to gain by arming a non-NATO country? We had no vital interest there and Russia was not threatening any NATO affiliate nation. What did we have to gain there?

Putin only invaded because Ukraine was oppressing and killing ethnic Russians in the eastern regions. If Ukraine had not done that, he would have never intervened there.

Oh well! the truth will be told eventually. If we are not all dead first.

NATO continues to exists because Russia has an extremely long history of invading it neighbours, something it continues to do until today. That is why it's neighbours are so keen to join.

Western companies would benefit far more from having good trading relations with Russia. It is because of Putin's aggression that isn't the case.

We aren't supporting the most corrupt nation in Europe. We are supporting Ukraine against the most corrupt nation in Europe.

Russia supported and funded a civil war in eastern Ukraine and then used that as an excuse to invade. Putin defending ethnic Russians is fairly tale and his actions have resulted in the deaths of thousands of ethnic Russians.

In other words your post was almost completely inaccurate.*

* Please note the correct use of "in other words". It's not were you claim a link says something it didn't.

edit on 6-9-2024 by BedevereTheWise because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Yeah well, that chicken might be coming home to roost....

Enjoy the fruits of your labor...

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Yeah no, it's just making sh1t up and never back the claim... Pretty daily bread on ATS...

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Yanukovych wasn't that keen on protestors what with banning protests, shooting protestors.

And then fleeing with $70 Billion.

www.britannica.com...
edit on 6-9-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 09:34 AM
link   

"Do you think their joy over the outcome was a display under duress or genuine?"

I don't know. I haven't seen that. Do you have a link?

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

Your government just facilitates the free market. Those are just consequence of that unchecked free market Why aren't you proud?

Yah sounding a bit like a capitalism-hating communist just now. Were you intending to or do you just not understand that communist run out of other people’s money ?
And you also don’t understand that the worst communists are the ones who use capitalist money and government to have big houses etc …… Bernie sanders comes to mind
edit on 6-9-2024 by EyeoftheHurricane because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 12:30 PM
link   

"It’s like having a debate with a girlfriend/wife who has limited understanding/knowledge and their retort is purely based on emotions versus logic etc"

Yes, because women are dumb?

Really?
😲🥺

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 12:44 PM
link   

"Yeah no, it's just making sh1t up and never back the claim... Pretty daily bread on ATS..."

So, any chance of you backing your claim about this "joy"?

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

You know, I actually can't provide a link...

I tried but noticed I misread something in your previous link. So yeah i have nothing to back that claim, sorry i kept you waiting...

Ok, it was your link... Sorry for the mess

www.independent.co.uk...

Fireworks exploded and Russian flags fluttered above jubilant crowds on Sunday after residents in Crimea voted overwhelmingly to secede from Ukraine and join Russia

But after the polls closed late on Sunday, crowds of ethnic Russians in the regional Crimean capital of Simferopol erupted with jubilant chants in the main square, overjoyed at the prospect of once again becoming part of Russia.

The guy in the pic and the crowd looks like joy to me...
edit on 6-9-2024 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join