It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KAMALA HARRIS is Having a Hard Time Readying for the 9-10-2024 Debate with Donald Trump.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Thursday, September 5, 2024

Two Weeks ago, Democrat candidate for President, Kamala Devi Harris, wasn't comfortable with the "Microphone Arrangement" President Biden had arranged with ABC News, and agreed upon by candidate Donald Trump. (This debate was originally set to be between Biden-Trump, but Democrats forced President Biden not to seek re-election, and installed VP Kamala Harris in his place.)

Kamala: I don't want Trump's Mic Muted While I'm Talking: www.bbc.com...

-----

Today, Kamala Harris finally agreed to have the candidate's microphones muted when appropriate, but she required additional "assurances" from the ABC network's debate moderators and technicians...

Vice President Kamala Harris agreed to the final rules for the ABC News debate against former President Trump, following a few "assurances" from the network.

On Wednesday, ABC News released the official rules for Tuesday's debate between Harris and Trump, including the rule that microphones be muted while a candidate is speaking.

The Harris campaign repeatedly pushed back on this rule, attempting to goad Trump into backing out of the original agreement to mute mics, even refusing to sign off on the rules last week, in an attempt to renegotiate.

CNN reported Wednesday that Harris accepted the rules after receiving "assurances" that mics could be turned on during the debate, and the moderators would explain unheard exchanges.

"ABC News has offered assurances to the Harris campaign that if there is significant cross talk between Harris and Trump, the network may choose to turn on the mics so that the public can understand what is happening, the moderator would discourage either candidate from interrupting constantly and the moderator would also work to explain to viewers what is being said, according to the source familiar," CNN reported.

The source added that pool reporters will also be in the room to report on what could be heard while mics are muted to TV audiences.
More at: www.foxnews.com...

-----------

While it appears VP/Candidate Kamala Harris is having a difficult time "preparing" for the debate this coming Tuesday, former President Donald Trump says there's no need for him to "prepare" to debate "Comrade Kamala". Instead, he's ratcheting up his campaign schedule another notch, leading up to September 10th.

Trump Adding More Daily Campaign Events: www.foxnews.com...

ARE WE NOW FINISHED WITH THE PRE-DEBATE DRAMA FROM KAMALA?

-WeMustCare 😎

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I too suffer from stage fright when I can’t decide what accent I’m gonna go with for the big show.

2nd line.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

So at who’s discretion would they open the mics? Seems as though that would be very open to interpretation, saying the “network” would do it is pretty ambiguous. It could be a staffer in the control booth trying to control the debate for all we know. This is ridiculous it should be either closed or open mic, period.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyAmerican
I too suffer from stage fright when I can’t decide what accent I’m gonna go with for the big show.

2nd line.

Her FOGHORN LEGHORN accent on Labor Day in Detroit was a big hit!

Source: www.timesnownews.com...

It's funny. Nobody remembered what Kamala said at the rally, but everybody (over a certain age) immediately recognized the Foghorn Leghorn voice. 🤡

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab

So at who’s discretion would they open the mics? Seems as though that would be very open to interpretation, saying the “network” would do it is pretty ambiguous. It could be a staffer in the control booth trying to control the debate for all we know. This is ridiculous it should be either closed or open mic, period.

I agree. And you'll have the moderators cutting in to tell the audience what Donald Trump uttered while Kamala was squealing. What if they hear something coming from one of the "pool" reporters present?

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 05:49 AM
link   

It all makes no sense. Comrad Kamala should love the mic mute idea because the "moderators" could mis-quote Trump leading to hilarity. Of course no muted mics would allow for a real word salad shooter cackling festival of epic proportions.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 06:01 AM
link   

CNN reported Wednesday that Harris accepted the rules after receiving "assurances" that mics could be turned on during the debate, and the moderators would explain unheard exchanges.

So the Harris campaign have gained "assurances" that the ABC moderators will explain to the American people what to think about her opponent?

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I think Trump supporters are in for a rude awakening on September 10th.
Trump has only ever come out on top in debates by bullying his opponents and if he tries that against Harris, he's going to get panned.
The brief for Harris is quite simple - attack Trump and wind him up.
There is no way Trump will be able to keep his cool.

I think Harris will destroy him.

Does ANYONE think Trump will be able to respond to personal attacks with something like ' These personal attacks are just made up campaign talking points because the Democrats have nothing to offer the American people except open borders, high taxes and high inflation, plus ongoing wars. Their whole campaign is about me precisely because their record is so awful'.

No chance - he's going to blurt out something campaign ending like how she's not black.
edit on 5/9/2024 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I think you are calling it.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

He does tend to go off script and run his mouth off whereas Harris was a prosecutor so that may stand her in good stead.

But who knows?

Will watch it out of morbid curiosity.

The US needs better candidates.
edit on 5-9-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
Trump has only ever come out on top in debates by bullying his opponents and if he tries that against Harris, he's going to get panned.

Does ANYONE think Trump will be able to respond to personal attacks with something like ' These personal attacks are just made up campaign talking points because the Democrats have nothing to offer the American people except open borders, high taxes and high inflation, plus ongoing wars. Their whole campaign is about me precisely because their record is so awful'.

No chance - he's going to blurt out something campaign ending like how she's not black.

I think you are spot on as far as what Trump would have to do to win. But if he tries something totally new and innovative, he can pull this off. The new and innovative thing I speak of, is "being quiet" when needed. Allow her to answer, allow her to speak and tell all of her thoughts. And answer by hilighting the admin's failures then speaking to what he would do different. I know, pipe dream, but one that would work, if he could pull it off. If he says stupid things, and loses to this train wreck, it's on him alone. He was given the keys to the car, all he has to do is drive it.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I think you are spot on as far as what Trump would have to do to win. But if he tries something totally new and innovative, he can pull this off. The new and innovative thing I speak of, is "being quiet" when needed. Allow her to answer, allow her to speak and tell all of her thoughts. And answer by hilighting the admin's failures then speaking to what he would do different. I know, pipe dream, but one that would work, if he could pull it off. If he says stupid things, and loses to this train wreck, it's on him alone. He was given the keys to the car, all he has to do is drive it.

Yeah - I think it's fairly obvious what he needs to do - but we all know he can not.
He's in a no win situation IMO. He cant win the debate really, only lose it badly.
If he does well it will remain a tight race and then we're into the cold hard place where election fraud swings it for Harris.
If he does badly, the election is well and truly over.

Keep in mind that the week after the Democrats are very likely to get their Orange Jump Suit moment as Trump is processed into jail.

edit on 5/9/2024 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

"He was given the keys to the car, all he has to do is drive it."

And not crash it?

If he can keep his gob shut, he will probably win.

It's a big "if" though.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Doesn't Kamala's best friend, Dana Walden, run ABC?
Spoiler Alert: YES.

Along with kid-glove treatment...Kamala gets the questions and answers ahead of time...along with whatever else she wants.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Voters are smarter than you think.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

And not crash it?

It's a big "if" though.

Thats like asking Liz Truss to say something smart.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Harris will back out of the debate.

I'll start taking bets now.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I can't speak for others, but the debates have always been just pure pain for me to watch. There are just so many lies, exaggerations and campaign promises which will never be acted upon, it drives me crazy.

On the one hand the debates are too long, but on the other they are not nearly long enough to be informative. It's almost like you have to make them several hours long so each candidate exhausts all their hot air and bull# and is forced to reveal what they are really saying, or planning. It's like you never get through the pre-planned sound bytes and campaign bravado before it's time for the next question. I sometimes wonder if it wouldn't be better to mute the first couple of minutes of each candidate's responses and only air the last couple minutes.

The debates are structed more like reality TV than they are a true debate. In fact, the word "debate" shouldn't even be allowed, IMO. Under the official rules of true "Debate", both candidates would be disqualified and asked to take a seat. Plus, the moderators generally have no real understanding of true debate rules; they're just news media mouthpieces.

The presidential debates are more about who can get the best one-liner and the most zingers on the other guy. No real policy ever gets discussed in detail.

To me, watching the debates is like...dancing with a belt sander.

edit on 9/5/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

And not crash it?

It's a big "if" though.

It's amazing that everyone sees this, everyone knows this, and yet, it's likely going to be ignored by the one who needs to follow it.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Yeah - I think it's fairly obvious what he needs to do - but we all know he can not.
He's in a no win situation IMO. He cant win the debate really, only lose it badly.
If he does well it will remain a tight race and then we're into the cold hard place where election fraud swings it for Harris.
If he does badly, the election is well and truly over.

Keep in mind that the week after the Democrats are very likely to get their Orange Jump Suit moment as Trump is processed into jail.

If they put him in jail, he wins bigley. They won't do that, they saw what happened every time a new indictment came out. Had they ran a non idiot at the beginning, and ignored Trump other than to campaign on "something new", they would have cleaned house, but they didn't.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join