It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biscuits and Gravy is DA BOMB!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AwakeNotWoke

Have you ever tried Beefy Bovril? Is the South African version of Marmite/Vegemite.

Bovril is a British invention, invented by a Scot!!

madeupinbritain.uk...
edit on 5-9-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Fish and chips on newspaper was great back in the day.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: network dude

What sausage do you use?

NC is king on pork, I say that as a Texan who sees smoked sausage there almost on par with brisket.

Here in VA I can only get Neeses from NC. But I usually use Swaggertys from TN because I can get the raw frozen disks, so i just have it on demand pre portioned.

Best sausage I ever had was from Rocky Mount NC (not breakfast), it was a spiral and we smoked it. Seriously unreal. I could find it if I tried, it was a local grocer/butcher.

I am super lucky in that department. A good friend has a sausage business that's been in the family for years. Around here, it's known as "MAC's" and it can be air dried big links, or loose and repackaged as Bass Farms. But it's local and fresh. If I am at the grocery and can't find Bass, I use Neeses. It's heavenly and something I wish everyone could have some, it might solve world peace or something.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

originally posted by: Moon68
What I'd like to introduce our non-American brethren to

That looks lovely, but I think it's called a heart attack isn't it, or is that for more than 1 person?!?!?!

That, my friend, is an appetizer to a mid-western fatboy. Enjoyed prior to getting busy on a substantial platter of food

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I’m thrilled to know I have access to some of the best.

I still make trips down to NC from time to time to load up in Rocky Mount. Smiths Red & White is where we snag the spiral sausage.

NC knows their pork.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I’m thrilled to know I have access to some of the best.

I still make trips down to NC from time to time to load up in Rocky Mount. Smiths Red & White is where we snag the spiral sausage.

NC knows their pork.

If you make it to Rocky Mount, you are only about an hour from exit 73 on I 95. I'm about 8 miles from there. Come see me. I'm on the way to the beach. (the right beach)

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

What I'd like to introduce our non-American brethren to

That looks lovely, but I think it's called a heart attack isn't it, or is that for more than 1 person?!?!?!

That, my friend, is an appetizer to a mid-western fatboy.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 12:15 PM
link   

I’ll likely take you up on that!

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Gawd, I miss BBQ restaurants and a good peach cobbler. If I was still in the SE, I'd take you up on your offer. 'Course, you'd have to tolerate having a Leg around

Cheers

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I love biscuits, make em pretty well at this point.
But haven't had one in a few months since starting keto, lost over 35 lbs and feel fantastic.

I am going to reward myself with some biscuits this week I think, with some homemade gravy and a few over easy eggs

Happy eatin folks!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join