It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biscuits and Gravy is DA BOMB!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 04:42 PM
link   
In another thread, somebody was surprised to read the phrase "biscuits and gravy."

My heart ached for the poor, benighted soul. Then I realised that there are likely many others on this forum that have never experienced the soul enriching, mind expanding, belly filling, heart warming joy that is biscuits and gravy.

I shared some videos there, but I figured it was fitting to repeat the information here so that some of you folks who live in darkness might see the light.

The first two videos chronicle the experience of people tasting biscuits and gravy. for the first time. Trust me, they are not exaggerating! I have eaten it all my life and I still react like these people.

The last video will instruct you on how to make biscuits and gravy, if you are so inclined. If you do, let us know what the experience amounts to.

The joy starts at the 2:30 mark.

Jump to 5:20 to see this fellow's mind expand and heart fill with ineffable joy.

And if you are really intrigued and want to try it at home. I prefer to use lose sausage, but sometimes - if I don't have any on hand - I'll finely chop stuffed sausages or even use finely chopped bacon.

:
edit on 2024 9 3 by AwakeNotWoke because: typos.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Conspiracy?
I think SO!

Just yesterday, my wife made biscuits.
Today, for breakfast, she broke some of the frozen sausage out of the freezer and whipped up a batch of sausage gravy.
Fried up a couple of eggs, boom- sausage and biscuits for breakfast.
About 11 hours ago. She even brought up the video of the brats you linked in a conversation we had about how delicious sausage gravy and biscuits with an over easy egg is.

now you're here posting about it.....

why are you spying on my breakfast?

(obviously this is meant in jest)

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: AwakeNotWoke

Biscuits and Gravy is fantastic, but it gives me gas that should be classified as a chemical weapon.

So I usually avoid it.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Biscuits and Gravy is fantastic, but it gives me gas that should be classified as a chemical weapon.

So I usually avoid it.

If that were my case, I'd just have to go spend the day in the woods.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

(obviously this is meant in jest)

I got that. Having not been infected with the liberal mind virus, I do process humor pretty well.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 05:25 PM
link   

One of my favorite videos as a southerner seeing British kids love our culinary delicacies.

I like too how the sweet tea blew their minds.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 05:34 PM
link   

The way I've seen some people make gravy is an abomination before God and Man. They want to add garlic, onion powder, chives or parsley or any number of stuff.

It's dead simple. Fry sausage. Either crumble the sausage or pull it out and lay it to the side. Flour. Salt. Pepper. Milk or half and half. Stir till it thickens. Pour over biscuits. Eat.

Repeat.

Quick tip. If you don't have time or don't know how to make biscuit, these are the closest I've ever found to homemade. They're just frozen biscuits but they're pretty damn good.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 06:25 PM
link   

This is one of the best, easiest, cheapest things to make. Super filling though I can't eat biscuits and gravy before work or I'll be all full and sluggish all day.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I have watched and am intrigued. This will be tried and tested insitu.

Thank you in advance sir/ma’am 👍

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
I have watched and am intrigued. This will be tried and tested insitu.

Thank you in advance sir/ma’am 👍

Have you never had it?

Edit: sadly if you haven’t, the breakfast sausage is make or break. A southern brand beats the breaks off of a “normal” brand.
edit on 3-9-2024 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

The way I've seen some people make gravy is an abomination before God and Man. They want to add garlic, onion powder, chives or parsley or any number of stuff.

It's dead simple. Fry sausage. Either crumble the sausage or pull it out and lay it to the side. Flour. Salt. Pepper. Milk or half and half. Stir till it thickens. Pour over biscuits. Eat.

Repeat.

Quick tip. If you don't have time or don't know how to make biscuit, these are the closest I've ever found to homemade. They're just frozen biscuits but they're pretty damn good.

never forget. Ever. Butter. half stick once the sausage is cooked, and you drained the little grease back into the pan. Then 3 tablespoons of chicken breader until it's golden, then pepper and salt, and add milk until you get what you need. You will know.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I hope I can source some in Australia 😳could you name drop a couple of brands to shorten my search please?

a reply to: CriticalStinker

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

www.reddit.com...

Best I can do for you. Southern American breakfast sausage is its own beast.

My guess would be to start with ground Italian pork sausage and season a little bit minus the fennel on the Reddit post.

Make sure you get some crispy bits when you fry it, that’s important. Once it gets good crispies, you crumble quick to make sure it’s fully cooked and get as much sausage out while leaving fat in the pan.

Use the fat in the pan to make a roux. Wait for the flour to get golden brown, and then pour in whole milk or heavy cream. Once you do that… SCRAPE SCRAPE SCRAPE!!!! This is where we get the lingering crispy bits 😎

Add the reserved sausage before it fully thickens. Voila.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I hope I can source some in Australia 😳could you name drop a couple of brands to shorten my search please?

I often make my often lose sausage. Start with somewhat fatty ground pork and look for some recipes.

Search for recipes for 'Jimmy Dean style pork sausage.'

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Grate southern sausages:
Rudys Farm
Tennessee Pride
Jimmy Dean (some is sage based, and dont get the sage for this recipe)
Purnell's
Hillshire Farms

Avoid;

Smithfield since it is a company owned by somene in China. I am sure it is close to being good but, they ain't southern.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

What sausage do you use?

NC is king on pork, I say that as a Texan who sees smoked sausage there almost on par with brisket.

Here in VA I can only get Neeses from NC. But I usually use Swaggertys from TN because I can get the raw frozen disks, so i just have it on demand pre portioned.

Best sausage I ever had was from Rocky Mount NC (not breakfast), it was a spiral and we smoked it. Seriously unreal. I could find it if I tried, it was a local grocer/butcher.

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I love biscuits and gravy!

I discovered it when I went south for college.

Very hard to find in upstate ny, and then almost never good.i

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

I can’t get a lot of proper things from upstate now though.

Salt potatoes, tomato pie, and Italian food.

I can almost make most of the above, but the ingredients aren’t quite on par.

Just paid a premium a few weeks ago to get some solid giardiniera shipped to me.
edit on 3-9-2024 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Thank you sir. I will endeavour 👍

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Jimmy Dean, will do and thank you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join