It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Talk Reparations .

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Wow… I want reparations from having ancestors persecuted and some die in the Holocaust. Also, Irish. Will England give me $ for having my other ancestors repressed? Oooh, also Scottish….

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I know blacks really should be paying back reparations to the rest of America, any moral credit they had during slavery and segregation has been long burned up by ghetto ass thug life culture and being dregs in general.

Looking at the stats. Blacks are a money sink hole of crime and poverty. Maybe they should change themselves before asking anyone for anythingz

a reply to: Sookiechacha

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

Looking at the stats. Blacks are a money sink hole of crime and poverty. Maybe they should change themselves before asking anyone for anythingz

That is a direct result of "red-lining' and government antics like the Iran Contra Affair, that, long story short, saw to it that "Black" neighborhoods were inundated with crack coc aine.

Redlining is a discriminatory practice in which financial services are withheld from neighborhoods that have significant numbers of racial and ethnic minorities.[2] Redlining has been most prominent in the United States, and has mostly been directed against African-Americans. The most common examples involve denial of credit and insurance, denial of healthcare, and the development of food deserts in minority neighborhoods.

THE CIA-CONTRA-CRACK COCAINE CONTROVERSY:
A REVIEW OF THE JUSTICE DEPARTMENT'S
INVESTIGATIONS AND PROSECUTIONS

It was just slavery, I'd say "Pound sand!" But there is so much more that America consciously did, and in some places still do, to keep Black people down.

edit on 1820242024k40America/Chicago2024-09-02T16:40:18-05:0004pm2024-09-02T16:40:18-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 04:47 PM
link   

How about this...evict all the illegals from Kalifornia. They're stealing all the reparations money for themselves.

That should be payment enough!

Reparations for people who were never injured by what they are seeking "reparations" for...my hairy ass!

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 04:49 PM
link   
The common working people back in the eighteen hundreds and back to the beginning of the USA worked hard and did not have much compensation for their labor...no matter what color they were. Take the money to pay these reparations from the people who benefitted from slavery, not the great grandchildren of white people who gained nothing from the slavery of blacks. My ancestors were not even here when there were slaves, why should I or my kids have to pay for reparations to them. People who had ancestors that were slave owners should pay if they want to collect money from them. I know Pelosi and quite a few higher ranking government officials benefitted from their ancestors having slaves.

Sure, take the money away from the working man who had grandparents that worked for peanuts when they came to this country. I do not believe that black people should be given money myself, that would promote discrimination. We stole this country from the Native Americans...I can see us giving them some support...because we stole their lands and killed a lot of them. The past is the past and it should be about not making mistakes like enslaving people again here in America and also in other parts of the world. Look at how American businesses buy very cheap food from South America and other countries around the world and jack up the prices a lot when they sell it to the public...I don't care about corporate profit as much as I care about the poor pay and working conditions of the people who have to work for peanuts to supply all the stuff we get from other countries. Giving businesses more money isn't working, the businesses buy more machinery and increase production and that puts people there out of work completely...they are worse off with that program that many liberals pay extra money so that workers can get livable wages, lower child labor, and money can be used for equipment to replace jobs...now half of their people may be getting a little more per hour, but the other half don't work anymore, families are worse off now than before since overall family income there is down. And I am not even going to start talking about China's working and living conditions...Just so we can get cheap plastic toys and cell phones.

Sorry for bitching guys and gals and they or whatever the rest are called now. I thought we were trying to stop discrimination, yet they are shoving all this hate between groups of individuals to further divide our people.

Damn, I can't seem to stop complaining, I seem to be on a roll and there is nothing to stop the rolling, Someone just tell me to shut up already.

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Reparations is absurd.

Reparations in California are doubly absurd ... it wasnt' a slave state.

Dumb Dumb Dumb.

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LollieK3
Wow… I want reparations from having ancestors persecuted and some die in the Holocaust. Also, Irish. Will England give me $ for having my other ancestors repressed? Oooh, also Scottish….

My Paternal Grandmothers family is from Ireland. My Paternal Grandfathers family is from England. Should I give myself reparations money because my Irish family was mistreated by the English family?

It's all so absurd.

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: LollieK3

My Paternal Grandmothers family is from Ireland. My Paternal Grandfathers family is from England. Should I give myself reparations money because my Irish family was mistreated by the English family?

It's all so absurd.

It wasn't just blacks that were taken advantage of and mistreated. Yeah, the Irish went through hell for a while because the English wanted to get rid of them. A few countries tried to send food ships to help the Irish and the English would not let them bring it in the Irish ports. It is in the past now, lots of people starved because their potatoes went to hell and the fields were full of cows for the english...which they were not allowed to touch. I read that occasionally an irish person would kill a cow and slaughter it and give it to the people and the English would hunt that person down and kill him publicly. Reading the history of the Irish actually opened my eyes a little.

That was long ago, those English that were in charge are long dead now. Most English citizens these days were not part of that genocide of the Irish, things are different now and what happened in the past is in the past, it is against international law now to withhold humanitarian aide to countries. There is still tension between the Irish and English, but that doesn't mean that the hate should be still around now, they need to bury the hatchet...and not in each others heads.

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Jussie Sayin

IT is Just Headgames People of the "WE"

Then Again

edit on 2-9-2024 by MetalThunder because: why NOt

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

California was admitted to the Union in 1850 as a Free State. No legal slavery ever in the State of California. The slave labor of indigenous peoples to build missions up the Camino Real was done by Spain and Mexico. The Americans just killed them to get the land with gold. Gold rush and such.

Get Mexico to pay?

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 06:16 PM
link   

So, just BLM with another name ? They raked in millions and how much of that actually went to help Black people ?

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Well, dey bought theeselves mansions and flash cars......so dare dat!

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 06:46 PM
link   

wait till they riot after finding NOBODY GETS CASH...
that'll make the Rodney King riots look like a
PEACEFUL PROTEST

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Let's talk about the Wounded Warriors Project first.

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

Let's talk about the Wounded Warriors Project first.

In a perfect world of empathic sane people yes.

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I don't know anything about Black Lives Matter and the money they raised or where it went. I just know that we did it for the Native Americans, the Hawaiians and the Japanese. Why not have a fund for slave decedents and those harmed by racism, like the victims' of the Tulsa Massacre families.

Like I said, it would be completely up them to decide who qualifies, how much and how the benefits are distributed, if such benefits were to be extended by a state or the federal government.

I'm not really advocating for it, but since we're discussing it, I'm not really opposed to it either. I can see the logic and the merit.

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Any "reparations" were paid in full on the Civil War battlefields where thousands of white men died to end slavery.

It's the families of these fine soldiers who deserve reparations if anyone does.

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Well black is a color not an ethnicity hehehehe so I would guess anyone with dark brown skin will qualify? Im sure they'll go by your lineage your genealogy. Thats probably why all these places like 23andme want your DNA. I bet DNA will be requirement if they do anything. Now whether your family were actually black slave holders, or even owned white indentured servents as more than a few blacks did in the 1600s will be another question entirely.

Will the masses be OK with giving black people who descended from black slave owners reparations and land and whatever? I hope not I mean that would be pretty hypocritical right?

Also I think its funny the protesters in the article you linked said this will have a direct effect on Kamala Harris, like are they just not gonna vote if Gavin doesn't sign the bills?

They even said in the article they didn't put the bills forward because they're worried Gavin will veto them. Hehehehe. Why did they vote for him? If we want to get things done we need a Republican who cares about black people like Abraham Lincoln or Richard Nixon. Yes. Why are they worried Gavin will veto this doesnt Gavin claim he REALLY REALLY wants to do this?

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

What about the Drug War Veterans?

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

California has Calvets program

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join