It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Total de-dollarization in Russia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

And if it was all rosy in Russia.

RT would not be here every day telling how peachy and tickety-boo it is over there.

Spreading false reassurance, and downplaying the dire situation.

That Russia happens to find itself in both militarily and financially speaking.

edit on 2-9-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Not rosey at all.

www.thelondoneconomic.com...

"A new Byline TV report has uncovered growing resentment in Russia towards Vladimir Putin’s war with Ukraine, which is said to be “burning through cash” and pushing taxes up."

Seems that the Kursk incursion was actually aimed at destabilizing Putin and that he is losing his grip on the country.

Hence the desperate attempts at deflection.

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

From your OP:

"According to him, Moscow is interested in building sustainable mechanisms for mutual settlements with all interested parties ready to cooperate with Russia on the terms of equality and mutual benefit."

In other words, sanctions are biting hard and your economy is going to tank so you are getting desperate.

You seem to be ignoring GDP per capita.

I wonder, why?
edit on 2-9-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Comparing modern China with the Pol Pot regime is, in my opinion, stupid. Rather, with the time of Mao Zedong, which the West is now striving for at a tremendous pace. China is now a country with a normal capitalist market economy under authoritarian rule with external signs and imitation of communist ideas, which is a tribute to its past, that is, conservatism.
You are going crazy about some kind of democracy, as it is now understood in the West. The Chinese - about conservative historical ideas associated with communism, but in reality extremely far from it.
Everyone thinks and develops in their own way.

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Russia's economy is sinking faster than The Moskva.

I like good news.

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Russia is now China's female dog.

How Putin managed to get your nation into that sort of situation is rather stupid.

As to crazy, well i dont imagine Mad Vlads too chuffed with the gameboard.

Same as yourself really.

And hence all the kerfuffle, embellishment, and hyperbole nevermind outright lies.
edit on 2-9-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

It won't be a good world... it will go from cooperation, strong political ties, peaceful diplomacy to corrupt I scratch your back you scratch mine.

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
a reply to: 727Sky

Comparing modern China with the Pol Pot regime is, in my opinion, stupid. Rather, with the time of Mao Zedong, which the West is now striving for at a tremendous pace. China is now a country with a normal capitalist market economy under authoritarian rule with external signs and imitation of communist ideas, which is a tribute to its past, that is, conservatism.
You are going crazy about some kind of democracy, as it is now understood in the West. The Chinese - about conservative historical ideas associated with communism, but in reality extremely far from it.
Everyone thinks and develops in their own way.

But you said this a few comments back....

And in general, the economies of Western countries are no longer market economies, communism is being built in the West.When this finally happens, then the time of Pol Pot and Yeng Sary will come.

You can't have it both ways RT?

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Russia is now China's female dog.

How Putin managed to get your nation into that sort of situation is rather stupid.

As to crazy, well i dont imagine Mad Vlads too chuffed with the gameboard.

Same as yourself really.

And hence all the kerfuffle, embellishment, and hyperbole nevermind outright lies.

Seeing that Britain can be seen as U.S.A’s female dog,

I’d worry more about it getting taken over by Muslim extremists that the rat Tony Blair, Clinton and Biden coddled past decades.

lol

edit on 2-9-2024 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Imhere

Britain is not the topic but I can see why you might want to deflect.

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

It won't be a good world... it will go from cooperation, strong political ties, peaceful diplomacy to corrupt I scratch your back you scratch mine.

If you call outright robbery, destruction and colonization of entire nations and continents "cooperation", then it is clear why the entire civilized world is uniting around Russia against the West.

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 10:33 AM
link   

"Rather, with the time of Mao Zedong, which the West is now striving for at a tremendous pace."

Like, where is this supposed to be happening?

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 10:34 AM
link   

"It is clear why the entire civilized world is uniting around Russia against the West."

No it isn't.

What is your definition of "the entire civilized World"?

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 10:41 AM
link   

If you call outright robbery, destruction and colonization of entire nations and continents "cooperation", then it is clear why the entire civilized world is uniting around Russia against the West.

And didn't Russia do the same through out it's history all the way upto and including present day? Aren't you having to call back troops from Africa to support your illegal war? What were they doing, throwing picnics? As soon as you see comments shining a light on your lies, you throw your threads off topic.....

en.wikipedia.org...

Russian imperialism includes the policy and ideology of power exerted by Russia, as well as its antecedent states, over other countries and external territories. This includes the conquests of the Russian Empire, the imperial actions of the Soviet Union (as Russia is considered its main successor state), as well as those of the modern Russian Federation. Some postcolonial scholars have noted the lack of attention given to Russian and Soviet imperialism in the discipline.[1]

edit on 2-9-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Correct. That's exactly what Russia is doing in Ukraine right now.

Seeing as RT won't talk to me (after throwing a hissy fit), when did the West last engage in a land grabbing war of conquest?

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 10:54 AM
link   
www.msn.com...

Russia's economy is surviving because it is on a war footing.

Long term, this is unsustainable.

"Chris Weafer, founding partner of Eurasian consultancy firm Macro-Advisory, told the BBC: "Longer term, you are destroying the economy. There is no money going into future development."

He pointed to the Kremlin's plan in 2020 to develop its infrastructure through a programme called the National Project.

The Kremlin planned to invest a massive $400 billion (£302 billion) to improve infrastructure, communications, and transportation.

Instead, "almost all that money has been side-tracked to fund the military industrial-complex and support stability in the economy".

PS. Oops, can't seem to get the link to work.

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Maybe you could explain, if the entire civilised world is unting around Russia, why only 5 countries supported Russia's invasion of Ukraine at the UN?

141 voted voted that Russia should immediately withdraw.

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: BedevereTheWise

Probably because it will be claimed that those 141 countries are not "civilized"?

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Seeing as RT won't talk to me

He doesn't talk to me either, kinda reminds me of a sulking child caught out lying!!

Like I posted further back....

June 12 (Reuters) - New U.S. sanctions against Russia have forced an immediate suspension of trading in dollars and euros on its leading financial marketplace, the Moscow Exchange

Russia were forced to stop trading in these currencies nearly a year ago, which they suddenly now claim are toxic? The Ruble is falling through the floor, but the Russian Central Bank are very good at twisting bad news, with Putin being the king of Bullsh*t and propaganda, he's only keeping his country going because of the transition to a war economy..
www.bbc.co.uk...

Military and security spending at up to 40% of the budget is back to late-Soviet era levels. Other areas of state support to the population have been squeezed to make up for funding the production of tanks, missile systems and those defences in occupied Ukraine.

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: BedevereTheWise

If there's one thing the Anglo-Saxons are masters of, it's forced voting. More precisely, they're masters of putting pressure on entire countries at any cost and forcing them to vote as needed. In the West, this is called democracy and cooperation. Maybe that's why these countries are actually cooperating with Russia and becoming its allies?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join