It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump says IVF should be free, paid for by government or insurance companies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax
With that logic whenever a woman has her period she is murdering a person.

That's not even remotely the same thing.

IVF fertilizes anywhere up to a dozen eggs each time the process happens. And only one 'takes' and becomes a baby that is born. Sometimes none 'take'. All the newly conceived children, except the one, die in the process.

A woman having a period just sheds eggs that were not fertilized and the lining of the uterus. No babies die.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: FullHeathen
I did a google search: can a woman have a period if an egg is fertilized.

Yes ... women can have periods while pregnant.
They aren't as heavy. Usually just spotting the first few months.
It CAN happen. It usually doesn't.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

A woman having a period just sheds eggs that were not fertilized and the lining of the uterus. No babies die.

...That were not IMPLANTED. There could be fertilized eggs discharged during a woman's period.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
if the fetus is never born is will never be a human living being.

The preborn baby already is a living human being.
He or she is human and has a beating heart a week after conception.
He or she moves, sucks thumbs, open and closes eyes, feels pain ...
He or she just isn't breathing air until after being born.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The issue isn't that people want in vitro. The issue is that federal budget derived from my taxes and yours is obligated to pay for it? No. We already have enough trouble paying for the infrastructure and services we need on top of inflation causing every dollar to lose an ever increasing fraction of buying power until it's worth a nickel and dime compared with the dollar 40 years ago, and now we funnel billions more into this crap? Not just no but hell no. This is exactly the kind of fiscal irresponsibility we need to curb.

edit on 30-8-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
...That were not IMPLANTED. There could be fertilized eggs discharged during a woman's period.

That's miscarriage.
Even if it's so early the woman doesn't know she's pregnant.
In any case, having a period with a fertilized egg or miscarriage isn't murder.
It's a natural process. And it's not intentional killing.
IVF isn't a natural process and people do it knowing that the newly conceived children will die in bulk.

Two different things.

link   
Wow, how easily this thread is becoming a darn religious meaning mombo jombo, where religious believes takes over common sense.

Nobody kills a baby unless that baby is born, before that is just nothing more than an empty without soul fetus.

Really sometimes I believe religions and believes is a waste of human mind and intelligence.
edit on 30-8-2024 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
The issue isn't that people want in vitro. The issue is that federal budget derived from my taxes and yours is obligated to pay for it. No. We already have enough trouble paying for the infrastructure and services we need on top of inflation causing every dollar to lose an ever increasing fraction of buying power until it's worth a single nickel and dime compared with the dollar 40 years ago, and now we funnel billions more into this crap? Hell no.

Bingo and that is real live common sense.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
The issue isn't that people want in vitro. The issue is that federal budget derived from my taxes and yours is obligated to pay for it. .

^^ That.

If people want IVF ... that's on them.

Taxpayers shouldn't be burdened with picking up the cost of them procreating in this way (or in ANY way).

IVF isn't essential health care. It's a luxury. People should pay for their own luxuries.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Yes. I'm glad now that I didn't challenge your previous post.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Nobody kills a baby unless that baby is born, before that is just nothing more than an empty without soul fetus.

You don't know that.
A soul doesn't magically pop in when a baby takes his or her first breathe.
You think it does?
Got anything to back that up with?

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 03:37 PM
link   

The soul does not inhabit the fetus until the fetus gets his first breath of life, plain and simple.

Everything else is religious crap.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Wow, how easily this thread is becoming a darn religious meaning mombo chombo, where religious believes takes over common sense.

The only thing discussed about religion was that someone brought up the fact that people believe IVF is a mortal sin, and it was explained why people believe it. That's it. This thread is three pages and it's on track very well.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 03:39 PM
link   

The soul does not inhabit the fetus until the fetus gets his first breath of life,

Back that up. Prove it.

The baby in the womb has a beating heart and sucks his or her thumb and plays with his or her toes ... and feels pain. So prove that the baby doesn't have a soul until air is taken into the lungs. Go ahead ... You can't. It's just your opinion.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I will exit the thread now, we will never agree on this issue, beside the tax cost and political angle of the thread, religion is no worth to get into dispute, Flyers I love your threads and value your opinion too much.

But I happen to be a Republican that are pro abortion.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

Kind of defeats the purpose of procreation don’t you think?
You know, passing on your genetic material.

At least a lab baby is genetically yours, instead of raising someone else’s ‘accident’

And that should be paid for by tax payers or increased insurance premiums ?

IVF is a choice not a necessity.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
IVF is a choice not a necessity.

^^ That. Exactly. It's a luxury and in as much should not be paid for by taxpayers.

Trump was pandering and trying to get votes.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Trump was pandering and trying to get votes.

Pretty much. It doesn't seem that he properly briefed JD though, as per the YahooNews link on page 1 news.yahoo.com...

But to the pay issue, I agree with you. Having biological kids is not essential to American life. This also contradicts JD and Project 2025.

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 04:10 PM
link   

That's miscarriage.

No. A miscarriage is the loss of a pregnancy. If a fertilized egg hasn't effectively implanted into the uterus lining, it's flushed away when the woman has her period.

Hormonal birth control, like the pill, thin out the uterine lining, making it more difficult for a fertilized egg to implant.

edit on 0320242024k16America/Chicago2024-08-30T16:16:03-05:0004pm2024-08-30T16:16:03-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2024 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: FullHeathen

But to the pay issue, I agree with you. Having biological kids is not essential to American life.

Adoption needs to be made easier.

edit on pm88America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago by Annee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join