It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army Rebukes Trump Campaign

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Annee

Biden and Harris were invited by the families as well.

Only Trump responded.

Fact Check: NO Evidence Biden Or Harris Declined To Attend August 2024 Arlington Memorial Ceremony For Service Members Killed In Afghanistan

Did President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris decline to attend a memorial ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery in August 2024 for the 13 U.S. military service members who were killed in Afghanistan three years earlier? No, that's not true: There's no evidence either one of them was asked to attend the public wreath-laying ceremony on August 26, 2024. An Army spokesperson told Lead Stories that "former President Trump was invited by a Gold Star family to participate." There was no mention of Biden or Harris.

leadstories.com... ce-members-killed-in-afghanistan.html

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof

originally posted by: NorthOS
a reply to: TinfoilTophat

On April 4 2011 Obama announced his candidacy for reelection.

en.wikipedia.org...

Here is a photo of him visiting section 60 on September 10 2011.

www.defense.gov...

And what is the point here. That if it was ok for Obama then it's ok for Trump?
Or if is was wrong for Trump then it was wrong for Obama?

The question then is it right or wrong, lawful or against the law?

Either way, is the situation the the same? Obama was not in a heated campaign at that time, indeed I can't even recall if he had a Republican challenger at that point. Plus it was more than a year before election day unlike this year when the election is right around the corner.

Plus, who was doing the reporting and picture taking. In the Trump case it was his campaign crew but in the Obama case was it his own campaign crew or was it someone else. Might it have been press that followed him around or maybe a rando picture taker.

There is a far cry of a difference between to two pictures. With Obama's it was merely them walking along, in the Trump picture he was posing for the camera in his ''sacred'' moment.

Trump and his campaign were invited to pay their respects to Americans who died - by the families.
So was Harris.
Trump showed up
Only the sick media could make an issue out of paying respects to dead Americans - and worse only the sick media could attack the gold star families for inviting Trump.
Get a grip.

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Oh for the love of God.

I'm now getting "fact-checked" by you?

lol

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Biden and Harris were invited by the families as well.

Only Trump responded.

Fact Check: NO Evidence Biden Or Harris Declined To Attend August 2024 Arlington Memorial Ceremony For Service Members Killed In Afghanistan

Did President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris decline to attend a memorial ceremony at Arlington National Cemetery in August 2024 for the 13 U.S. military service members who were killed in Afghanistan three years earlier? No, that's not true: There's no evidence either one of them was asked to attend the public wreath-laying ceremony on August 26, 2024. An Army spokesperson told Lead Stories that "former President Trump was invited by a Gold Star family to participate." There was no mention of Biden or Harris.

leadstories.com... ce-members-killed-in-afghanistan.html

'Fact' check - that's funny.

Regardless the actual families wanted Trump there and are on his side.
Not surprising given Biden/Harris put their family members in the ground.

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Oh for the love of God.

I'm now getting "fact-checked" by you?

lol

Its actually hilarious that these lefties think that their fact checkers are actually factual.

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 04:43 PM
link   

If they were invited, but didn't show up, that means they declined.

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

Where is there any factual info of an invitation?

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 05:07 PM
link   

The families say Harris bears responsibility for the deaths of their loved ones because her administration led the Afghanistan withdrawal in which they died. They also claim to have requested a meeting with Harris, which was ignored.

www.washingtonexaminer.com... sm/#google_vignette

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 05:12 PM
link   
One of the moms must have gotten the memo. She was on Newsmax now blaming the staff for "starting it" and said they "acted poorly".

It boils down to he was not allowed per the rules to bring his own camera crew and then use images from that specific area on his social media as a campaign ad.

Who invited who, anyone other than the staff stating it's "ok", doesn't really matter. He did not follow the rules, he was not given permission to do what he did. Someone on his crew manhandled an employee.

Not sure why there are 7 pages of "the family invited him". Great, he either should have not made it a spectacle or followed the rules. Other than that. Doesn't matter what the family said or who they invited.

Again, does anyone know why this wasn't done the past two years, but just happened to be this year and a campaign ad?

And why he hasn't released the video if no one was manhandled? It would certainly disprove the person making the claim. As it has not been released, it certainly leans towards the employee was telling the truth and got assaulted for doing their job. Not much different than the yahoo who attacks the Starbucks barista on video. Nice.
edit on 1-9-2024 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You sound as if you believe that Trump, as he claims, knew nothing of the rules and laws regarding the photo shoot, and that may be as he claims. At one point though in his claim of innocence he himself even goes so far as to suggest that it might have been the family that made the video public.

This though now comes down to who made the video public. I was a campaign aide named Scorvino or something like that that posted it to X.

From reading accounts of this situation it sounds very clear that that Arlington knew that this ceremony established by the families involved and then made it very clear that no campaigning would be allowed as to federal law. This was made known to the families and one can only assume to the Trump campaign officials who run his engagements.

It was also made clear to the campaign by the cemetery official that political videos were not allowed and that is when the incident report was made by that official over the physical altercation took place.

So, you're Trump, and you know that you are in a race for the White House. And you know that you need to show respect to soldiers and the military to enhance your brand. You also know that every other thing you do in your life at this time is part of your campaign.

You are head of his campaign or even just a ranking member and know all of the above. Would you go with him to this ceremony and NOT see it as a campaign maneuver? Would you NOT try to make it seem as if he is mourning their loss? Certainly you would.

You are a family member of a slain soldier. You are pissed at the Biden administration enough to campaign for Trump as demonstrated by the mothers speech at the Republican National Convention. You believe in Trump enough to believe that we are as a nation heading to a dumpster fire if he doesn't win this election. Would you NOT see this as an opportunity to help him look patriotic ?

For me, the depth of purity needed by all involved to have this NOT have been a campaign stunt takes more faith than I can imagine.

And finally, Harris has made a statement now deriding Trump for this stunt saying she would never ever disrespect soldiers as Trump has by using them in this disgraceful manner.. To this I say bosh, she just did. She is full of it too.

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer

Where is there any factual info of an invitation?

It was a general statement. I honestly don't know. That's why I said, "if."

With a cursory look, I didn't find anything that said Biden/Harris were invited. And based off their disappointment that Biden/Harris didn't reach out at the time of the Afghan fiasco, and their appreciation of Trump, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't reach out to Biden/Harris with an invitation to this memorial service.

Edit: Also just saw an article from a few hours ago saying that the White House released a statement or something saying that they were indeed, not invited.

Gold Star families did not invite President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris to Arlington National Cemetery by last week to commemorate the third anniversary of the attack at Abbey Gate in Afghanistan, a White House official and a Harris aide told NBC News, rebutting separate claims made Sunday by GOP Sen. Tom Cotton and former Rep. Tulsi Gabbard.

www.nbcnews.com...

Seems you got this one right.

edit on 9-1-2024 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 05:25 PM
link   

For all of the defensive twisting for Trump being so patriotic in this, this one sticking point seems to have been grabbed with both hands as most important. And like you I looked high and low for any official record of this invitation and like you have come up empty. It is said by those who deny it was a campaign stunt and only them that there was an invitation to Biden, Harris.

One might think that there would be some record by that family that this invitation occurred. I guess we will have to wait for the proof of that invitation to be made public.

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 05:31 PM
link   

You sound as if you believe that Trump, as he claims, knew nothing of the rules and laws regarding the photo shoot, and that may be as he claims. At one point though in his claim of innocence he himself even goes so far as to suggest that it might have been the family that made the video public.

This though now comes down to who made the video public. I was a campaign aide named Scorvino or something like that that posted it to X.

From reading accounts of this situation it sounds very clear that that Arlington knew that this ceremony established by the families involved and then made it very clear that no campaigning would be allowed as to federal law. This was made known to the families and one can only assume to the Trump campaign officials who run his engagements.

It was also made clear to the campaign by the cemetery official that political videos were not allowed and that is when the incident report was made by that official over the physical altercation took place.

So, you're Trump, and you know that you are in a race for the White House. And you know that you need to show respect to soldiers and the military to enhance your brand. You also know that every other thing you do in your life at this time is part of your campaign.

You are head of his campaign or even just a ranking member and know all of the above. Would you go with him to this ceremony and NOT see it as a campaign maneuver? Would you NOT try to make it seem as if he is mourning their loss? Certainly you would.

You are a family member of a slain soldier. You are pissed at the Biden administration enough to campaign for Trump as demonstrated by the mothers speech at the Republican National Convention. You believe in Trump enough to believe that we are as a nation heading to a dumpster fire if he doesn't win this election. Would you NOT see this as an opportunity to help him look patriotic ?

For me, the depth of purity needed by all involved to have this NOT have been a campaign stunt takes more faith than I can imagine.

And finally, Harris has made a statement now deriding Trump for this stunt saying she would never ever disrespect soldiers as Trump has by using them in this disgraceful manner.. To this I say bosh, she just did. She is full of it too.

Listen to yourself.
'Rules and laws of the photo shoot'

Good grief.

Trump paid his respects to fallen Americans at the invitation from the families.
Get your head out of your backside with all the political nonsense.

Its quite sick that anyone is more concerned about photo shoot rules than the fact these Americans are dead because of the Biden /Harris administration.

edit on 1/9/2024 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 05:37 PM
link   

For all of the defensive twisting for Trump being so patriotic in this, this one sticking point seems to have been grabbed with both hands as most important. And like you I looked high and low for any official record of this invitation and like you have come up empty. It is said by those who deny it was a campaign stunt and only them that there was an invitation to Biden, Harris.

One might think that there would be some record by that family that this invitation occurred. I guess we will have to wait for the proof of that invitation to be made public.

One family has publicly stated that the Harris administration refused to even take their call.
So the invite could have been there if they took the call.
They just didn't want to discuss.
A statement that they were not invited should actually be, 'we don't know if we were invited because we refused to even speak to them'

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

And based off their disappointment that Biden/Harris didn't reach out at the time of the Afghan fiasco, and their appreciation of Trump,

I have heard this tossed around numerous times before, that Biden did not reach out to them.

But.

www.cbsnews.com...

President Biden met in solemn privacy Sunday with the families of the 13 U.S. troops killed in the suicide attack near the Kabul airport and became the fourth commander in chief to bear witness as the remains of the fallen returned to U.S. soil from Afghanistan.

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

Thank you for the correction.

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 05:49 PM
link   

You do realize the one who made it political was Trump right? By posting it all over social media.

He simply could have stated he met with the family that day. Nope, not good enough for him.

And you may scoff at the "rules", but Arlington is not just your local cemetery who probably has one employee with rules not nearly as strict as this one. Especially the area he used in his social media ad. Very strict rules, that no one else ever seemed to have an issue with following.

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Oh, I was not correcting you Bear, I was pointing out that the information that you and many others have taken in is incorrect.

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 06:01 PM
link   

And based off their disappointment that Biden/Harris didn't reach out at the time of the Afghan fiasco, and their appreciation of Trump,

I have heard this tossed around numerous times before, that Biden did not reach out to them.

But.

www.cbsnews.com...

President Biden met in solemn privacy Sunday with the families of the 13 U.S. troops killed in the suicide attack near the Kabul airport and became the fourth commander in chief to bear witness as the remains of the fallen returned to U.S. soil from Afghanistan.

Wasn't that when Biden looked at his watch and talked about his son?

posted on Sep, 1 2024 @ 06:07 PM
link   

One family has publicly stated that the Harris administration refused to even take their call.
So the invite could have been there if they took the call.

Was it the Biden administration or the Harris campaign. Was that invitation made to one or the other or both? We don't know. We don't know if it was just a phone call either. Did they only reach a switchboard and leave a message or maybe a receptionist who didn't know to put it on a high priority?

Are we to believe that Biden would not have known the political fall out for not at least responding? 'Well, ah, yeah, maybe. But the Harris campaign, surely someone there would have noted the implications of not even responding.

In any event, both Biden though is office delivered a memorial statement on that day. Harris' office did as well.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join