It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army Rebukes Trump Campaign

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Trump has done more presidential things this week than Biden or Harris have done in a year.

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: NorthOS

Yes. The ad features a photo from Arlington. According to them:

Photographs on this site are in the public domain unless a copyright is indicated. Only public domain photos can be reproduced without permission. Citation of this source is appreciated. Permission to reproduce copyrighted photos must be sought from the original source.

Arlington Cemetery

Now if Biden's campaign knocked over a staffer who was telling them they were not following policy and they filmed in direct violation of the policy, then you have a good argument. Until then. Great try.

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTophat

Sounds like a DEI, lesbian, activist, had a fit of TDS.

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof

originally posted by: NorthOS
a reply to: BingoMcGoof

Just pointing out the ongoing TDS fueled hypocrisy.

Well then, I guess that means that it was wrong for both of them to do it, which I agree with but only if that photo of Obama was indeed a campaign tactic which I have already stated a counter to. He was sitting POTUS at the time and hence expected to be there by any press that would be interested, while in Trump's case it was photographed by his own campaign crew.

He thinks he’s President, I guess in His corrupt tiny brain , he is.

Exactly right. He thinks he is still president and that he can do whatever he wants to. When his staff told him they were being told they weren't allowed in, it was most likely he that told them to deal with it any way they have to, just like with Milley -- they're going in one way or the other. He won't fire anyone, they just followed his orders.

And if there was no photo op, he wouldn't be there anyway. He made the trip there TO TAKE the photos. He's not backing away.

Remember when he didn't honor the fallen, because of rain?

Or when he called fallen Marines suckers and losers, and refused to go to the cemetery?

If Arlington didn't look like a good photo op for his campaign, he'd never step foot in it. Fallen heroes give him the heebie-jeebies.

edit on 29-8-2024 by Mahogani because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

It's all cost/benefit. I guess he and his team didn''t care about the cost for the benefit it would bring him. But the physical encounter, and with a woman official no less, man that has cost him a whole lot more than he factored.

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Trump has done more presidential things this week than Biden or Harris have done in a year.

Hey man, this ain’t Venezuela!!

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Moon68

a reply to: Moon68

Biased OP ? Is it or is it not, federal law that prohibits campaigning in national cemeteries. If it isn't then there is no story here other than the fact that Trump was campaigning with the Gold Star family set the stage for. if it IS true, then those families had no lawful right to invite him to do so. Right? Or am I missing some other point here.

You're missing something. Trump wasn't there campaigning, he was invited by the families of the 13, murdered under this administrations watch, who got permission and okayed the photographers to be there.

Edit to add: Biden/Harris/Walz were also invited but never even responded to the families.

Well, I could agree here except that the crew was Trump's campaign crew. If they had just wanted him there with them in that sacred moment, why invite his campaign crew to take the pictures, why not just have their own I phones to capture the moment?

No, it was a campagin tactic from those families straight to Trump and his team.

And sure, the Harris campaign might not have replied to the request because they knew it was against the law. Right?

President Trump has an entourage that follows him, as do all politicians. They were welcomed by the families and invited to capture some candid photos.

If you're trying to insinuate that the FAMILIES OF THE DEAD SOLDIERS were trying to create a campaign moment for President Trump, then you're a c*nt and can F- right off to the deepest bowels of Hell.

If he'd showed up at a formal Arlington event, laid a wreath, talked to the families, and went off, then no problem.

Instead,
* the Republicans asked for a permit for the event (no, Harris and Biden weren't invited) the purpose and staging were to present a campaign video.
* Trump and the Republicans were told that only certain people were allowed to photograph the event... Cemetery rules

Arlington officials had made clear that only cemetery staff were authorized to take photos or film in Section 60. A defense official also told the Associated Press on Wednesday that, before the alleged altercation happened, Trump’s campaign staff had been warned to not take photos. time.com...

* Cemetery worker tried to stop the filming - not the event - and got manhandled www.npr.org...
* after the event it, Trump's "visit" was posted on the Trump campaign site: www.cnn.com...

Some of the families of the people killed in action and the people buried there said they did not want the graves of their family members displayed in a Trump photo or video.

IF it had been genuine, he would have had no need to have his campaign make a video of it for his reelection website. A single photo, by the assigned photographer, would have done nicely.

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead

No, a member of the cemetery staff reminded them of the rules that THEY had agreed to: Arlington officials had made clear that only cemetery staff were authorized to take photos or film in Section 60. A defense official also told the Associated Press on Wednesday that, before the alleged altercation happened, Trump’s campaign staff had been warned to not take photos.

Someone trying to stop another party from violating rules that they all agreed upon is the right thing to do. Laws and rules should apply equally to everyone.

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Hey man, this ain’t Venezuela!!

It will be under Harris.

Be patient.

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96
It really does more good for the Trump campaign that he was there to honor those that lost their lives during the botched withdrawal of Afghanistan by the current administration, than it does against him that one of his staffers was in an "altercation". After being told they could have those videographers and photographers there.

Where was the current President? Who's at fault for why these brave men and women lost their lives to begin with.

Where was Kamal Harris or Tim Walz?

I wonder if trump was thinking that they ( The fallen) , were just "losers and suckers", while he was baffooning around for the camera.
He was using the cemetery as a prop for his failing campaign, he despises the the Military .
HI s recent and not so recent comments prove this, in fact Trump despises working people of any kind.

I saw a clip of him on a golf course today, he had a personal sweat wiper with him , mopping his face with a towel... How entitled is that !
edit on Thu, 29 Aug 2024 18:10:14 -0500106America/ChicagoThursday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: 5thHead

No, a member of the cemetery staff reminded them of the rules that THEY had agreed to: Arlington officials had made clear that only cemetery staff were authorized to take photos or film in Section 60. A defense official also told the Associated Press on Wednesday that, before the alleged altercation happened, Trump’s campaign staff had been warned to not take photos.

Someone trying to stop another party from violating rules that they all agreed upon is the right thing to do. Laws and rules should apply equally to everyone.

You are correct , however the law does not apply to to Donald Trump.
Of course after he loses the election and he tries for another insurrection, he will die in prison.

Sadly though , people will have died in the meantime...

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 06:24 PM
link   

No surprise that this was left out of your biased reporting:

Gee and Hoover’s families thanked Trump for the visit and said they gave the former president permission to take photos and video as reports emerged about the alleged physical altercation. “The president and his team conducted themselves with nothing but the utmost respect and dignity for all of our service members,” they said in a statement Trump posted to his Truth Social account.

The part you're missing is that the rules against taking photos for the purpose of supporting a political campaign are made and enforced by the staff of the Arlington National Cemetery--not the visiting families. The visiting families can presumably invite visitors--like Trump-- to come along with them, but the visitors also have to obey all the rules established by the Cemetery.

If I'm an ordinary citizen standing by a stop sign at a 4-way stop intersection and you drive up in your car and I wave you through the intersection with out stopping, you have just broken the law and can get a ticket. The fact that I--a random citizen--told you it's ok with me if you break the law is not an excuse for you to break the law. The burden is on you to obey the law regardless of what what some random stranger tells you to do.

The Trump team had a positive requirement to understand and obey the rules that applied to them for attending a service at Arlington. The fact that they ignored that requirement shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone by this time.

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This thread really is a perfect example of how Donald Trump is a dangerous cult figure.

Guarantee if anyone else had of pulled off this cheap stunt, whether they were Democrat or Republican, then the same people who are defending him would be furiously spitting venom and raging right now.

I don’t even have some blind loyalty to the people that serve. I respect people that do and so usually try to keep my mouth shut and keep my opinion to myself, which is that they voluntarily signed up and knew the possible consequences.

Still though, It takes a really low form of person to disrespect the deceased like that. I wouldn’t pull this kind of stunt off at my worst enemies funeral, no matter how much it personally benefited me… how’s anyone going to hold there head up and defend this kind of behavior?

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947
The part you're missing is that the rules against taking photos for the purpose of supporting a political campaign are made and enforced by the staff of the Arlington National Cemetery

And really, even if it wasn't federal law they broke, some common decency should be expected. Especially from someone who wants to be in the Oval Office again.

Basically, this area is for the people who are buried there, and for their visiting families. If you aren't buried there, as Trump isn't, the only other thing you should be doing there is silently paying your respect.

Campaigning on the graves of heroes does not fall into that common decency category. It's pretty despicable actually.

And then to harass and push around the staff that works at the cemetery, that's beyond the pale. And she says she declined to press charges because she feared retribution, according to that NYT article.

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JadedGhost

If anyone else ? You mean like Obama ?

Seems pretty clear Trump was told he could do this. If the lady was ill trained or given wrong information about the event then we'll... that seems pretty standard for government employees these days.

Are you saying no president should ever be photographed there ? Seems like a weird position to take.

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: 5thHead

If Trumps people actually believed they had permission to be campaigning there and that the employee was mistaken, then in this situation they should’ve stepped backed and contacted the appropriate authorities to clear the situation up… like obviously.

Instead they chose to manhandle a female employee at this cemetery who was just trying to do her job. No decent person would ever defend that.

edit on 29-8-2024 by JadedGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadedGhost
This thread really is a perfect example of how Donald Trump is a dangerous cult figure.

Guarantee if anyone else had of pulled off this cheap stunt, whether they were Democrat or Republican, then the same people who are defending him would be furiously spitting venom and raging right now.

I don’t even have some blind loyalty to the people that serve. I respect people that do and so usually try to keep my mouth shut and keep my opinion to myself, which is that they voluntarily signed up and knew the possible consequences.

Still though, It takes a really low form of person to disrespect the deceased like that. I wouldn’t pull this kind of stunt off at my worst enemies funeral, no matter how much it personally benefited me… how’s anyone going to hold there head up and defend this kind of behavior?

Cheap stunt?

Go to hell.

He was respecting those that dies under Biden/Harris

These were soldiers.

Show some god-damned respect.

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JadedGhost

And if you want, I'll trade DD214's with you.

Show me yours.

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

He wasn’t there to respect anyone, he was there to campaign. You know that as well as I do.

Donald Trump wouldn’t piss on them if they were on fire, if there was nothing in it for him.

posted on Aug, 29 2024 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadedGhost
a reply to: DBCowboy

He wasn’t there to respect anyone, he was there to campaign. You know that as well as I do.

Donald Trump wouldn’t piss on them if they were on fire, if there was nothing in it for him.

Where's your respect?

WHERE?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join