It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican group doubles down on racism... and slavery?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Well, I'm done with lots of my reading for today and I set aside three topics I'll be making into short threads today. No monster threads, I don't think... we'll see once I get writing!

This first topic has to do with a Republican group that is very active in politics and helps fundraise and shape sentiment. What they just came out with is difficult to explain, but for some reason, that's what they are going with.

At a time when Donald Trump and his running mate have been attacking Kamala Harris for her race, and were told by their teams to knock it off, these guys come out and bring slavery into it. Anyways, here is the NFRA website first, so you know who they are.

Here is the document they just put out.

Here is the info on the Dred Scott Decision that they are using to support their claim.

Ok, so some may remember that the Dred Scott supreme court decision was the precursor to the Civil War. The decision deprived Black people of their freedom, and their citizenship, based on where their parents were born. This created so much unrest in our young nation, the north and the south divided, and we know how all that went. The decision was in 1857, and the Emancipation Proclamation came six years later, in 1863.

The slaves were freed, and Dred Scott was no more. Today, we all know it does not matter where parents come from, and you cannot be deprived of citizenship based on where your ancestors were born, if you were born here. It was a racist trick, and an attempt to deprive natural born citizens of their citizenship, and their freedom.

But these blatant racists today, in the 21st century, are claiming that based on the Dred Scott Decision, Kamala Harris is not eligible to run for president of the US. I mean, this is worse than the birther conspiracy! At least the birther conspiracy only wanted to disqualify Obama based on where HE was born, they said he was born in Kenya and not Hawaii; but Harris was born in Oakland, CA. What they are claiming is even though she was born on US soil, she is STILL disqualified because of Dred Scott. Her parents were not natural citizens at the time of THEIR birth, so she should not be a citizen either.

They are calming that based on this archaic law that no one cites because it's been abolished by the 13th Amendment, a natural born American should not be a citizen, and therefore a president.

That is a new low even for these kinds of weirdos.

So why am I writing about it?

Because no one expected the birther thing to take off either, so I would not put it past a certain candidate to pick this up and run with it, make it into a bigger thing. In case he does, you can be proud that you already know all about this, have researched it yourself, and know the pertinent facts around it. You know, deny ignorance before it happens. Preempt ignorance, I guess.

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 05:17 PM
link   

That is a new low even for these kinds of weirdos

No, the same OLD bottom line low. It's just raising it''s ugly head to see what friends it can find.

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 05:28 PM
link   
More whacko's; both parties have their fair share. The difference being the right doesn't support and aid their low-IQ looneys.

Children born on US soil are natural citizens, regardless of their parents’ immigration or tax status.

+14 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

Kamala Harris is an anchor baby raised by Marxists in Canada.

No society that wants to maintain it's culture would allow her to run for it's highest office.

Reeeee and cry all you want.

History shows that this kind of BS never ends well.

And none of that even touches on the fact that she's a f*king retard.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Where exactly is the racism and slavery component please?

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Oh shoot.

I thought this was gonna be a thread on how republicans are still calling out Dems for initiating the KKK, believing in reparations, advocating affirmative action, doling out benefits American citizens can’t get, and saying non-whites are too dumb to get an ID to vote.

I was way off.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you not state in a previous thread that if elected, Trump will
"put hundreds of thousands of people in concentration camps, fire tens of thousands of career public servants to replace them with MAGA loyalists"

Please stop with the hysterics
already,

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger2
Correct me if I'm wrong, but did you not state in a previous thread that if elected, Trump will
"put hundreds of thousands of people in concentration camps, fire tens of thousands of career public servants to replace them with MAGA loyalists"

already,

Yeah, that's called Project 2025. It's written in there. I didn't write it, Trump people did.

Thanks for bringing it up again, so we can talk some more about Project 2025, and what Trump would do if elected.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogani

already,

Yeah, that's called Project 2025. It's written in there. I didn't write it, Trump people did.

Thanks for bringing it up again, so we can talk some more about Project 2025, and what Trump would do if elected.

OK, here's another question for you. The Democrats keep screaming about how Trump will destroy our fragile democracy, and put his "enemies" in jail or "concentration camps"...
BUT, isn't it the DEMOCRATS who have been trying desperately for the past five or six years to put HIM in jail?

edit on 25-8-2024 by ColeYounger2 because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 06:06 PM
link   

We've already had 4 years of Trump.

And everything was better by every objective metric.

No one was rounded up and put in camps.

Meanwhile, Harris claims everything is perfect while promising to fix everything on day one. Despite day one being 3 1/2 years ago.

So kindly go f*ck off.
edit on 25-8-2024 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I think it is difficult for you to explain because you can't understand it.

Otherwise your post title wouldn't have the words "racist" or "slavery" in it.

So hoax bin on this one... what other magnificent pontifications will you dazzle us with tonight?

edit on 100000008America/Chicago8pmSun, 25 Aug 2024 18:14:38 -050014 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Jesus.

Is this what "grasping at straws" looks like?

lol

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogani

already,

Trump people? is that like Black Jobs? Or is it (D)ifferent?

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 06:33 PM
link   
At least Obama had one parent who was a citizen...better than Kamala.

Were her parents visiting the USA when she was born, or legally residing here? Either way I do not believe she qualifies, none of us would qualify if we applied to the DNC unless we were famous and had a good chance of winning and we were a parrot to their handlers agenda.

A military person and his wife, both citizens can be in a different country and their kid is still a citizen of the USA if it is born somewhere else, that would be qualified as natural born because they are in the other country on military duty...basically they are on US soil at the base.

If you are on vacation and you have a kid in another country, that kid is still an American citizen. Now it seems that it would be easy to go vacationing with a wife with a pillow under her coat and come back with a blackmarket kid...but I doubt if that happens very often. It would be iffy to say that kid born by travelers in a different country would qualify for president though.

I cannot tell you if Harris qualifies, maybe before the election happens the supreme court should actually vote on that to make sure she is qualified. I would not want her VP running the country, look how he messed up Minnisota...do it now supreme court, it shouldn't take them long to review these laws and make a determination.

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I deal with people at work who are this delusional and can't discern reality from fiction too.

It's so ridiculous to even behold it happening. Lie to yourself, then feed that belief in a lie by lying to everyone else about what is actually happening.

It's like a dog chasing it's tail, only the dog is simply having fun. When people do this, it leads to self destruction. Just look at any big blue city for proof.

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp

I was kind of wondering about that too, Trump is claiming that she really is not enough African American ancestry to call herself black...which kind of is evident looking at her. I don't know what slavery has to do with any of this either, her ancestors were not slaves to Americans.

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I cannot tell you if Harris qualifies, maybe before the election happens the supreme court should actually vote on that to make sure she is qualified. I would not want her VP running the country, look how he messed up Minnisota...do it now supreme court, it shouldn't take them long to review these laws and make a determination.

Now, to a normal person that sounds like a reasonable request.

To the left that means "racism" and somehow they just throw the word "slavery" in there, because we all know that's a bad thing...

It is actually funny to watch.

Although I have a rather dark sense of humor so there is that...

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp

I was kind of wondering about that too, Trump is claiming that she really is not enough African American ancestry to call herself black...which kind of is evident looking at her. I don't know what slavery has to do with any of this either, her ancestors were not slaves to Americans.

Her ancestor was one of the biggest slave owners in Jamaica, so maybe that's where the angst comes from...

~shrug~

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I remember reading that in middle school about the parents being required to be born in the USA and shrugging my shoulders. I was a bit upset that that would disqualify me; I was a kid it did not make sense to me then. But now that I have lived a life, I completely understand. I assumed this qualifier was still a thing, when did it start being ignored??

For sure a POTUS should be second generation. The first generation could be Manchurian candidate just working for American hating parents.

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yes, Kamala is an anchor baby. Our Founders are rolling in their graves.

She's not eligible, but it's up to the Democrats to vet her.

They'll use Obama as precident. (Imo, he was also NOT eligible).

Our Founders wanted every child born on this soil to have the same opportunities as other Americans. It wasn't meant to pop in country, pop out baby, go somewhere else and said baby comes back to rule over the country.

I've asked before, but haven't found the answer. Does Kamala have 2 passports?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join