It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Biden has ended Secret Service protection for RFK Jr.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

And the article points out that it is ''standard practice'' to halt or at least scale back protection if a candidate drops out. Which is what Kennedy did, dropped out. We can speculate of course that this was under the direct orders of Biden but that is all it is, speculation. The headline and OP not only suggests it might have been Biden but outright declares that it was, making the headline and OP false and a lie by offering as it's only source of information an article that does not state that Biden ordered it. That makes it propaganda. If you are fine with this then you get the ATS you deserve.

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof

And the article points out that it is ''standard practice'' to halt or at least scale back protection if a candidate drops out. Which is what Kennedy did, dropped out. We can speculate of course that this was under the direct orders of Biden but that is all it is, speculation. The headline and OP not only suggests it might have been Biden but outright declares that it was, making the headline and OP false and a lie by offering as it's only source of information an article that does not state that Biden ordered it. That makes it propaganda. If you are fine with this then you get the ATS you deserve.

Again the article plainly says Biden ordered the Secret Service detail specifically after the attempt on Trump, or do you seriously think Mayorkus ordered it without talking to Biden? and then ordered it removed just 6 weeks later all by
his lonesome, all the while it wasn't mentioned at all in Biden's daily briefing. Or do you believe the acting director Ronald Rowe arbitrarily decided to withdraw coverage without consulting Mayorkus or Biden just 6 weeks after the failure in Butler?

FWIW the Daily Mail asserts Biden ordered the security detail just like the New York Post did

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I'm firmly open to the possibility Biden isn't making any decisions but that would open a whole other can of worms wouldn't it

furthermore the the article Everything You Need to know about the Secret Service,would seem to eliminate the Secret Service acting on its own accord ,Yes or No?

this leaves it up to Mayorkus, Mike Johnson and (see below) all acting without Biden's knowledge. Is that your assertion?

en.wikipedia.org...

With the Republicans holding a majority of seats and the Democrats holding a minority, the current leaders are Majority Leader Steve Scalise of Louisiana and Majority Whip Tom Emmer of Minnesota, Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries of New York, and Minority Whip Katherine Clark of Massachusetts.

uk.news.yahoo.com...

The Secret Service does not determine who qualifies as a "major candidate" to receive protection—this is a decision made by the Secretary of Homeland Security, in consultation with an advisory committee that consists of the Speaker of the House, the House Minority Whip, the Senate Majority and Minority Leaders, and one additional member chosen by the group.

This protection can begin at any point during the campaign cycle. According to the Associated Press, "The Department of Homeland Security acknowledged in its 2024 budget overview that recent requests for candidate protection were coming in earlier than in the past."

Of course, we don't know one way or the other with this administration because they rarely talk to the press, and love hiding behind plausible denial BS

Regardless I preferred the Democrats better when they operated under the buck stops here mantra, instead of passing the buck and pretending they didn't know what the hell was going on.

edit on p000000318pm086 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Oh, good. His family must be so relieved!

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Put. I have made no assertions as to who did or who didn't make this decision as I have posted several times. I have made no assumptions publicly at all. All I have attempted to do is to state what I have stated all along. That the reports, both in this OP and headline and from any other outlet I have read on this matter do not, repeat do not, offer any proof that Biden ordered this stand down.

So, once again, are you fine with ATS passing off assumptions as TRUTH?

Well ?

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp

But him dropping out no longer makes him a candidate.

Right?

Correct but in this case a gray area. Kennedy is still on the ballots in a few states which kind of makes him eligible for protection, but also in the same vein he did drop out so you would be right that he gave up Secret Service protection.

I will say, partly in jest, that Kennedy giving up this Secret Services protection might have limited their ability to take him out. He might be safer without it than he was with it.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Right?

Still on the ballot in lots of states, I suggest this is a unique situation.

put it this way 70-something days from the election, just 70 days.

Hell put a light detail around him, hell remove it but FFS don't announce and signal the all-clear to any nutjob with a grievance towards RFKjr.

Sure it's extremely unlikely, but if something awful were to occur, why not be a tad more cautious

Yes, actually he “suspended” his campaign and is still on the ballot in a number of States, so people can still vote for him.
Still, all the headlines imply that ends SS Protection for him.
Didn’t Biden get his name on some ballots too ?

edit on 26-8-2024 by EyeoftheHurricane because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Does Hunter have protection?

Kennedy did not drop out.

Pretty soon Joe will be dropping out, and there will be no protection for him either

It just occurred to me that he’s still the sitting President …. But not running his campaign any longer and endorsing Kamala.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 07:39 AM
link   

So, I'll be that guy.

When he dropped out of the race, he forfeited protections from the USSA. Although, we see how well that works.....

I'm pretty sure this is how it works

He didn't drop out; he suspended his run.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I get that. To me its a distinction without a difference.

If it were me, I wouldn't be complaining about not having SS protections at this point in history and I also get that is not the point.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Well ?

Someone made the decision...

The Secret Service is required by law to protect major presidential candidates and their spouses within 120 days of a general election. Other candidates can be designated for protection as needed.

This didn't happen either. Obama got it very early well before 120 days, RFK jr is also somewhat unique in his relatives have been assassinated in the past and that just opens up a can of worms for some people wanting to do the same to him if on just becoming infamous.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 07:51 AM
link   

If it were me, I wouldn't be complaining about not having SS protections at this point in history and I also get that is not the point.

Even after an assassination attempt on Trump? The crazy liberals are coming out...

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Even after an assassination attempt on Trump? The crazy liberals are coming out...

After the fiasco with Trump, I'd trust private security over the SS. Honestly, I'd say I trusted private over SS before what happened to Trump.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Because the ease at which there was the attempt of an assassination on Trump.

Not because there was one.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Put. I have made no assertions as to who did or who didn't make this decision as I have posted several times. I have made no assumptions publicly at all. All I have attempted to do is to state what I have stated all along. That the reports, both in this OP and headline and from any other outlet I have read on this matter do not, repeat do not, offer any proof that Biden ordered this stand down.

Well ?

Give me a break then and read the other verified truthful "titles" on the front page of ATS, LOL or from the MSM for that matter.

My point was and remains that removing any candidate's SS detail under the current International or domestic threat level is stupid AF, no matter who ordered it. even if it's the ghost of Joe Kennedy

That was what I was looking to discuss here,no more no less

instead, we have "wE doN't kNoW eXaCtlY WhO oRdEred it To Be ReMOved" or "hE Isn'T A cAndiDaTe aNyMore" which is not required for assigning SS detail service.

We have become so hyper reactionary, that there's no rational discussion anymore.

It's almost as if some want to stifle free thought and exchange of ideas...

regardless I didn't mean to impose on the never-ending battle the vanguards of truth and veracity on ATS must face every day. It's no doubt a lonely job, I salute them

In the future, I'll be more cautious with my wording, and I am hopeful it will relieve some of the immense burden and responsibility the ATS vanguards of truth and veracity must endure.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: EyeoftheHurricane

Right?

Hell put a light detail around him, hell remove it but FFS don't announce and signal the all-clear to any nutjob with a grievance towards RFKjr.

Sure it's extremely unlikely, but if something awful were to occur, why not be a tad more cautious

Yes, actually he “suspended” his campaign and is still on the ballot in a number of States, so people can still vote for him.

Respectfully being a candidate isn't the sole reason somebody has an SS detail, the former Secret Service director Cheatle currently has a Secret Service detail, rightfully so, Im glad they are doing this. It's a prudent and responsible decision, and guess who ordered it?

edit on p000000318am086 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Glad to hear it Put.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I do not agree with the decision to halt his protection. Whoever decided to end it made a very pour decision politically. If it did not come from Biden directly, which again there is no proof that it did, Biden should step in and commit to activating it again until the election is over and then sack the fool who made that decision.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyeoftheHurricane

Right?

Respectfully being a candidate isn't the sole reason somebody has an SS detail, the former Secret Service director Cheatle currently has a Secret Service detail, rightfully so, Im glad they are doing this. It's a prudent and responsible decision, and guess who ordered it?

Yes, because as we know, a POTUS’ family gets SS Detail.
I was just commenting that all the articles are saying it ends his protection, not that I agree with that assessment. We know how corrupt the msm is right now.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The optics are horrible but it is Progressive Politics. If you do not walk the line you do not deserve what you should have.

Biden did not order anything. He has not been running things since his inauguration. If i had to guess I would say Susan Rice. I have always wondered why she has not been tapped to run but i think she is a CIA asset and is still working actively with them.

posted on Aug, 26 2024 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I do not agree with the decision to halt his protection. Whoever decided to end it made a very pour decision politically. If it did not come from Biden directly, which again there is no proof that it did, Biden should step in and commit to activating it again until the election is over and then sack the fool who made that decision.

The decision was poor and helped Team Trump, so really stupid too.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join