It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Biden has ended Secret Service protection for RFK Jr.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Joe Biden has ended Secret Service protection for RFK Jr.

Im not sure of the wisdom behind this, with Trump and RFkjr partnership logic suggests RFKjr is likely more of a target now.

nypost.com...

The Secret Service has ended its protection of Robert F. Kennedy Jr. after the political scion suspended his presidential campaign.

President Biden, 81, had instructed the protective agency to provide security for Kennedy, 70, last month after the failed assassination attempt against former President Donald Trump, 78.

Kennedy had publicly and privately lobbied for Secret Service protection for months, citing various security scares and suggesting that political motivations were behind the delay in his getting it.

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Im not sure of the wisdom behind this, with Trump and RFkjr partnership logic suggests RFKjr is likely more of a target now.

a reply to: putnam6

It makes perfect sense if you want him out of the way. Joe Biden has been on vacation in California and now back to Delaware. I seriously doubt he has given this much thought. The real question is who thought this was a good idea? It wasn't Joe. RFK, jr is only off the ballot in ten states, sounds like a tit for tat. Bobby burned the democrats and it's payback time.
edit on 25-8-2024 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 02:00 PM
link   

So, I'll be that guy.

When he dropped out of the race, he forfeited protections from the USSA. Although, we see how well that works.....

I'm pretty sure this is how it works

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Are we sure Biden instructed the SS to end protection, or did the agency decide it?

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp

So, I'll be that guy.

When he dropped out of the race, he forfeited protections from the USSA. Although, we see how well that works.....

I'm pretty sure this is how it works

I'm pretty sure FWIW CBS News atleast disagrees.

www.cbsnews.com...

The Secret Service is required by law to protect major presidential candidates and their spouses within 120 days of a general election.Other candidates can be designated for protection as needed

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: wAnchorofCarp

When he dropped out of the race, he forfeited protections from the USSA.

He can always have private security, or even hang around with somebody (Trump) who has protection.

During the Congressional_baseball_shooting

Three U.S. Capitol Police officers were present at the practice to protect Scalise,[23] who, due to his House leadership position, had a full-time security detail assigned to protect him.[24] They were posted behind the first-base dugout on that day.

The Capital police being there benefitted more than Scalise. The same would apply to people around protected people, one would think.

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 02:27 PM
link   

But him dropping out no longer makes him a candidate.

Right?

link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Does the SS agency make its own decisions, or is the President over it?

link   
a reply to: FullHeathen

Yea, money well spent.

USSA doesn't have the greatest of integrity or results currently...

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Kennedy dropped out.

So no Secret Service protection for him.

It was the correct thing.

HOWEVER ... when Kennedy got into the race he should have immediately been given it and wasn't. THAT was wrong.

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp

But him dropping out no longer makes him a candidate.

Right?

Still on the ballot in lots of states, I suggest this is a unique situation.

put it this way 70-something days from the election, just 70 days.

Hell put a light detail around him, hell remove it but FFS don't announce and signal the all-clear to any nutjob with a grievance towards RFKjr.

Sure it's extremely unlikely, but if something awful were to occur, why not be a tad more cautious

edit on p000000318pm086 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I don't really think they still intend on killing Kennedy though. They will surely keep trying to kill Trump no doubt. I am just trying to determine the FBI's most logical spot. I firmly believe ideally they want to setup his assassination in a pro second amendment state as a way of trying to double up with gun control in conjunction with a heavy barrage of gun confiscation propaganda.

One way to find out what the plan is, is to use FOIA to find out what media contracts the White House, FBI, and State Department are signing for future production, or already produced and archived. We may find they have already created dozens of productions dedicated to their policy shifts while lamenting Trump's death and are just waiting to be deployed.

This is the most dangerous moment for the USA because the foreigners ordering our corrupted congress members and intelligence agencies to continue fighting against the constitution are in a zero sum game they know they will lose, and will basically take the most desperate and violent actions in an effort to stop the inevitable.

I am leaning on about a 30% chance they will order Mrs. Harris to perform theatrics and maybe even get physical/throw something. Keep an eye on any unsecured objects with weight nearby, she may go into actress mode, feign a bunch of anger and righteous fury, do some yelling and escalate to attempted violence. Doing this will embolden the extremists that make up what is left of the Dem base and jump start the election cycle violence and antics.

Also keep an eye for abuses of authority against minorities in Democrat controlled cities. They will cite the police as the problem and attempt to use it as a catalyst and reignite ethnic racists to attack conservative and white Americans, despite the fact that in the municipalities it will be Democrats in charge and responsible for the policies that lead to this abusive act. They may very well utilize crisis actors again and the entire thing may just be a staged production, as Obama's Global Engagement Center permits when countering foreign propaganda (hence the need to emphasize Russian propaganda to justify the propaganda against us).

The State ordered violence against American citizens is about to commence. Be ready to mow down the zombies when they are ordered to attack. Only fire can fight this fire.

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Im not talking about some Deep State conspiracy, this is an emotional election.

RFKjrs endorsement of Trump is a potential flashpoint, that could set off the whack jobs. Yes or No?

Wait a couple of weeks, and then quietly withdraw the protection

Before RFKjr had protection issued, supposedly his team had identified 37 different security concerns.

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: SourGrapes

I’d imagine a bit of both. Oversight and autonomy.

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Kennedy dropped out.

So no Secret Service protection for him.

a reply to: FlyersFan

He did not "drop out" he only took his name off the ballots in ten states and said if both Trump and Kamala both fail to get 270 electoral votes, which he discussed the real possibility of 269 each, he would be in a three way scenario. If Kennedy endorsed Kamala in the same way under the same circumstances as he did for Trump do you think his secret service detail would have been pulled?
More importantly, is the secret service protection about "strict rule enforcement" or is it about protecting lives of political figures. I mean Fauci has government funded protection. It is wrong and retalitory.
edit on 25-8-2024 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I'm ok with this.

Why spend taxpayer money on someone who just suspended their campaign?

If he has no chance of winning the presidency, zero chance, and has admitted so himself, why give him tens of millions of dollars of our money?

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 03:15 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: SourGrapes

I’d imagine a bit of both. Oversight and autonomy.

For a better perspective without the need for any imagination... suffice it to say I agree with Biden's decision on Cheatle

But for those saying RFKjr isn't a candidate, Cheatle isn't a candidate either she is now just a private citizen and a flashpoint just as RFKjr is

www.realclearpolitics.com...#!

The Secret Service is providing Kimberly Cheatle, its former director who resigned last month, a security detail in an unprecedented effort to protect a former agency chief amid lingering national anger about the myriad security lapses under her watch that led to the assassination attempt against former President Donald Trump and the killing of firefighter Corey Comperatore, according to three sources in the Secret Service community.

Cheatle has faced an ongoing firestorm of fury from Americans citizens, and even rank-and-file Secret Service special agents and officers, over the agency’s failures that created an opening for shooter Thomas Crooks to open fire on Trump, piercing his ear and killing Comperatore in front of his family and wounding two other rally-goers.

edit on p000000318pm086 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

(post by wAnchorofCarp removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogani
I'm ok with this.

Why spend taxpayer money on someone who just suspended their campaign?

If he has no chance of winning the presidency, zero chance, and has admitted so himself, why give him tens of millions of dollars of our money?

This is the hill you want to fight over regarding wasted tax dollars?

Oooo okay

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join