It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happening Now: RFK Jr. speaks amid speculation he'll drop out of presidential race

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Vermilion

Did you manage to type that with a straight face?

Yes, because they’re two different things.

As to her father, that’s her father.

Trump used to be a Democrat and people are OK with his position now. I think a child can be different from their parent.

You’re trying to tell us that you can’t see the similarity between Kamala’s father being a Marxian economist and Kamala pushing for Marxist economic policies?

Can you even admit you see the similarity with Trump’s father being a real estate mogul and Trump being kind of a real estate mogul too?

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

Not all kids share the same politics as their parents.

I don’t, I share similarities with both, but it’s definitely different.

You’re welcome to call her Marxist. I have said I don’t support her and think her policy would be bad.

I just think both sides use hyperbole and then complain when the other side does. But it’s ok when they do because they’re “right”.

posted on Aug, 24 2024 @ 07:48 PM
link   
What many here have probably not considered is that it is possible RFK aligned with Trump, not because he has so much in common with Trump and the RNC but more so because of the contempt he holds for what the DNC has become and the destruction they are causing to this nation. In other words, the democratic party drove him into Trump's camp.

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: network dude

I know right? Maybe we will get a shark/ battery debate between the two. Or they can argue which airport the revolutionaries overtook. Or maybe they can each get a hurricane path map and argue in sharpie which way it's gonna go. The bar is not high here.

And yes, Trump's tariff idea of at least 60% to China, recently he said maybe 100% plus up to 20% on everything else is really going to be beneficial to the middle and lower class. We'll have no problem paying all that extra tacked on, the rich will still be OK thank goodness.

Plus the NG and as he said maybe military roaming our streets and snatching people up. While the police have absolute immunity from prosecution as he stated in WI a few months back and are free to kill/terrorize/torture(as we saw those charged in Louisiana)without consequences. Fun times!

so you can't speak about any of Harris' policies, only whatabout Trump. Is it that you just haven't a clue, or you know she is a turd with some nice polish?

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlest2
What many here have probably not considered is that it is possible RFK aligned with Trump, not because he has so much in common with Trump and the RNC but more so because of the contempt he holds for what the DNC has become and the destruction they are causing to this nation. In other words, the democratic party drove him into Trump's camp.

I think Kennedy has more charector than that. The evidence is he put his feelings aside and reached out to the Kamala campaign first and was ignored. RFK, jr wants to make a difference, it's in his blood. To align with Trump out of contempt doesn't fit the mold of RFK, jr.

the democratic party drove him into Trump's camp.

I agree, they left him no other option but to strike a deal with Trump. An alliance with Trump, while acknowleding their differences, allows Kennedy to make a difference and finally champion some of the causes he believes in.
edit on 25-8-2024 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I just think both sides use hyperbole and then complain when the other side does. But it’s ok when they do because they’re “right”.

I agree with the too much hyperbole. How does anyone have a decent conversation if they always come off the top rope with their initial response?

Harris voting has always been far left or dumb as #. I don't think she even knows what is left or right as she just votes for what she thinks is popular without any understanding.

To come out and say we will limit what companies can sell their products for is beyond asinine. Subways 6-inch cost 10 bucks now from 5 bucks in the recent past is due to the cost to make it has gone up and states pushing 15+ minimum wage.

To say we will not tax tips 6 months after Trump said it a million times and act like she just invented it that day is a level of really dumb ass crap.

There is a reason she dropped out in the 23 position and now she is their guiding light...

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

so you can't speak about any of Harris' policies, only whatabout Trump. Is it that you just haven't a clue, or you know she is a turd with some nice polish?

They have no policies, and they will not let her in front of anyone who may ask hard questions she hasn't been tutored on. BTW what is wrong with Trump's policies, frogs453 can list the ones he doesn't like, and we can compare to what Biden/Harris did.

He can explain why tariffs are bad. I think he needs to look into why all our manufacturing is in China in the first place, and then he might realize that if you increase the cost to manufacture in China then companies leave China and come home if we can make it the better cost. That is called jobs...

I would love to deep dive this little jewel from him...

Plus the NG and as he said maybe military roaming our streets and snatching people up. While the police have absolute immunity from prosecution as he stated in WI a few months back and are free to kill/terrorize/torture(as we saw those charged in Louisiana)without consequences.

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Agreed.

Any attempt to regulate pricing is just trying to address a symptom and not the problem. It’s either stupid, or condescending to voters implying they don’t understand the root issue, inflation. Sadly, many of the voters probably don’t understand it though.

Dealing with inflation is the fastest way to alleviate a lot of the market problems.

Still, some corporations will blame their greed on inflation. But consumers should vote with their dollars, and that will change IMO.

I think her campaign will just be a platform of overly focus grouped policy on what sells well to voters. Not what would pass house and senate, and certainly not anything that would work.

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Still, some corporations will blame their greed on inflation. But consumers should vote with their dollars, and that will change IMO.

There is always some... but the vast majority are tightening their belts with layoffs and reduction in properties etc.

I think her campaign will just be a platform of overly focus grouped policy on what sells well to voters. Not what would pass house and senate, and certainly not anything that would work.

Trump is by far the few that actually worked to cross off his campaign promises, the left is not much more than bribes at some level that will never happen once they get in office.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join