It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wish I had a more sophisticated OP; however, I think my case is made without it.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: hangedman13

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: chr0naut

It's a shame you know so little, yet pretend to know so much.

www.climatecentral.org...

Technological advances in drilling efficiency are one of the reasons shale oil and natural gas production continues to skyrocket in six of America’s biggest oil and natural gas fields, according to a new U.S. Energy Information Administration report.

is fracking more efficient than drilling?

Fracking, or high-volume hydraulic fracturing, can be faster and more efficient than drilling for oil and natural gas:

Fracking can take days or weeks to complete a well, while conventional drilling methods can take months or years.

Fracking is more 'efficient' only because it is becoming harder to find reserves that haven't already been tapped. Because fracking is done to nearly depleted existing wells, or to shale-oil wells, it adds costs to those well-sites making them more expensive than conventional oil new wells initially were.

Shale oil is of a lower quality than conventional oil deposits, requiring additional processing, a more expensive drilling processes, additional transport, more labour, fracking, and hence more costs.

Shale Oil vs. Conventional Oil: What's the Difference?

Until we get to the untapped oil that is always protected for this and that reason. Purposely requiring the bad old fracking! Decisions have consequences. Not drilling new sites requires squeezing out every profitable drop of oil from what is available. Pretty simple.
Exactly right. I don’t care for fracking at all but when they stop allowing new drilling for ”reasons” they’re going to tap that area for everything they can. We have some of the richest oil deposits in the world.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: RobRocket
Wow, you have no clue at all. Oil fields depleting?

A finite resource, that we are extracting and burning at a rate of about 82 million barrels a month.

It's not like water that rains back down again.

What do you think will happen?

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

To do so would mean providing a subsidy to farmers. And I thought conservatives were against giving out money for free to people.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ksihkahe

Uhmm... I'm not sure what you mean by shutting down energy production. Oil production is currently breaking records, at least here in the united states. We had a record setting 13 million barrels of oil per day recently. So exactly what energy production was shut down?

And yes Russia is part of the issue. Their invasion of Ukraine has had sanctions put upon them. And one of the sanctioned items is fertilizer. Which drives up costs and lowers production. Further raising food prices.

But I guess you have BDS so just keep your head in the sand and blame biden for everything.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksihkahe

originally posted by: billxam1
a reply to: AlexandrosOMegas

I would submit that you're blaming the wrong president. This all started with the Obama "let's grow ethanol corn instead of feed corn." The example I will use is whole chicken. $ .38 /lb to $1.19 /lb within 3 months. Blaming Biden is pointless. And then there was the 2008 depression caused by the population of leftists' demands.

Was there not an administration between Obama's and Biden's?

Although price changes are clearly not instantaneous upon implementation of policy, surely the prices on consumables would not wait around for four years to start to rise?

Clearly the source of the economic downturn that started in 2021 was in the interim administration between Obama and Biden.

"Clearly, it's the administration that wasn't exclusively radical leftist authoritarians, which happens to be Trump, who I believe is a cartoon villain that is always to blame."

Get a new routine. This one isn't working.

You absolutely demanded the Western economies should be shut down for a novel cold virus and said anything less was equivalent to negligent homicide.

The pandemic affected all countries, not just Western ones. Quarantine is necessary to curtail epidemics, and is also temporary. The notion that the disease was a premeditated attack specifically against America and the West, which still seems to be your operant mindset, is denied by the obvious truth that the pandemic negatively affected every nation on the planet.

Even under lockdown, essential services businesses continued to operate, online businesses boomed, and governments around the world reduced the temporary fiscal burdens of pandemic responses on their citizens with payouts and other aid.

More than a million Americans died prematurely of COVID-19, within a one-year period. There were real-life consequences of the inept responses of the countries best equipped to meet the challenge, and who, instead, gave mixed messages about public safety measures and tried to ignore the issue.

But this has nothing to do with the fact that the cause of the domestic economic downturn in 2021 was in the administration immediately proceeding it.

You cheered censorship in support of that agenda.

Not at all. On the contrary, I posted frequently on the topics, supporting my arguments with links to credible data, and explaining my reasoning. This isn't censorship. That's the opposite. Your numerous attempts to shut down the voices of reason in the debate were failed attempts at censorship.

But this has nothing to do with the fact that the cause of the domestic economic downturn in 2021 was in the administration immediately proceeding it.

You willfully lied repeatedly to champion that agenda and have never once acknowledged any of the dozens upon dozens of times you peddled false information during your fact checking crusade.

I did not lie. The reasoning and the data that I presented still stand, whereas the 'great reset', and 'the cull', and the 'loss of liberty' that was championed by the believers that it was a 'plandemic' are shown to be the liars because none of what they alleged as their primary basic foundations came to pass. The further we get from the pandemic, the more ridiculous their assertions look.

You support the erosion of informed consent laws and radical redefining of what medical ethics are to include giving drugs to children without a positive risk/benefit analysis.

Risk/benefit analyses were done prior to official approvals, in every country. For the most part, those same approvals still stand, everywhere, indicating that the risks, now better known, were not out of bounds.

I also never supported the erosion of personal consent laws. If someone was public facing, with high contact, at the peak of an epidemic (like a medical support person), and they refused to mask-up, sanitize scrupulously, or vaccinate, they should be moved to another role where it is less of a problem, or if there is no alternate opportunity, they should be temporarily stood down. They totally still have a choice, but it isn't without consequence. That's just reality.

You support the globalist agenda that wants expensive gas, expensive meat, expensive everything, so that they can control what we eat, and what we see, and what we think, else we get shut out of society... which you explicitly supported during COVID.

Those things are economic. They have little to do with the spread of a disease. It is your paranoid presumption that someone else was picking on you that is causing you the confusion. Truth is, s#it happens and no-one is really in control.

Society works best when you don't shut people out of it. It requires 'inclusiveness'. Surely, it's the people on the right-wing of American politics are constantly deriding attempts at 'inclusiveness'.

But this has little to do with the fact that the cause of the domestic economic downturn in 2021 was in the administration immediately proceeding it.

The push for these dystopian COVID policies saw the wealthiest people in the world gain an even larger stranglehold on global wealth and increased prices on the basic food commodities the poorest people in the world depend on for survival.

You supported it every step of the way.

No, I didn't. I am currently out of work due to the economic downturn, and everything is more expensive. That's not something I wanted, or want, nor did I 'push' for it. No-one would. It's not in anybody's interest. You aren't even arguing rationally.

Why aren't you proud of what you support? Why is it Trump's fault that your political agenda is working as intended?

It is because that isn't, and never was, my political agenda, and the world economic downturn is largely due to the policies implemented by governments immediately prior to the downturn.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

To do so would mean providing a subsidy to farmers. And I thought conservatives were against giving out money for free to people.

I suggested Democrats should be (IF they wanted to keep prices down), not Republicans. Republicans will just allow more free market, not restrict it. What part of what I posted led to your conclusion about Conservatives? 🍖

edit on Aug-22-2024 by xuenchen because: 🤡

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
How much would a person have to be paid to constantly side with, big pharma,big Media and the government and never ever question any narrative put forth by the any aforementioned party?

Or do you really truely believe in these their track records? Now I can believe a person would be stupid enough to believe in one of these institutions for free. But to believe all 3 simultaneously, a special almost bought and payed for level of commitment.

You forgot all the scientists, and all the academics, too.

In fact, is there anyone credible that tells you the truth?

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
How much would a person have to be paid to constantly side with, big pharma,big Media and the government and never ever question any narrative put forth by the any aforementioned party?

Or do you really truely believe in these their track records? Now I can believe a person would be stupid enough to believe in one of these institutions for free. But to believe all 3 simultaneously, a special almost bought and payed for level of commitment.

You forgot all the scientists, and all the academics, too.

In fact, is there anyone credible that tells you the truth?

NO I have a inside track to the topic. Seriously

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Euronymous2625

originally posted by: AlexandrosOMegas
I can't even believe it when I see that GRAHAM CRACKERS, over TEN DOLLARS NOW for Kellogg's AND Nabisco costs over ELEVEN DOLLARS, even if you do get one extra sleeve of 8 crackers for that price.

I can't believe it either.

Well, I kid you not. Here at the store in Mesa, Arizona, the price ON THE SHELVES showed Graham crackers at around ten bucks for a normal sized box. Obviously I know that anyone can go check it, so I have no reason to make it up.

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I think you need to go read until you understand just how they determined how many to call a COVID death and when to classify a death as being one from COVID. I have said it since the very day the lockdowns started, and I will say it again. I know I am right 100% and the more time that goes by, the more professionals agree with me. COVID was an absolute scam that never existed. It was a pandemic created in the minds of the gullible and paranoid.

The only people COVID killed were ones who ran out and literally changed the very DNA makeup of their body with the so-called vaccine, a vaccine they admitted freely wasn't REALLY a vaccine in normal words, but an experimental gene therapy using RNA. Let me know if a doctor is ever able to isolate the virus called COVOD and you will prove me wrong. To this day, it hasn't been and it remains even to the believing professionals a hypothetical virus that was treated and the tests used to test patients the inventor of the test himself screamed from the highest towers in the land that it couldn't possibly test for COVID. That is why Elon Musk put videos up of how his toilet seat tested negative for it, while his TV had COVID. And his morning coffee had COVID, while his steak dinner didn't. It showed what a joke it all was. The only question that remains is what we're they desperately trying to inject us with...but Bill Gates current field of research is where you will find the answer to that...
edit on 23-8-2024 by AlexandrosOMegas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosOMegas
I mean...am I the only one who knew what was up when I heard that there was a new virus going around that didn't usually have any symptoms so you needed one of a few government positioned "scientists" (most with no experience in anything scientific) to tell you if you had it or not so everyone was required, at the near loss of all freedoms, of the right to move about, of the right to be seen In public, of the right to keep your job or go to school, to take an experimental gene therapy which just so happened to be the first thing in history that nobody was allowed to sue because of and that just so happened to triple the net worth in just a year or two of the already richest people on the planet!?!? Am I the only one who thought it was strange that we had kids dying left and right from heart disease suddenly who had recently taken the #? Am I the only one who saw all the athletes dropping dead from sudden organ failure after the shot? Am I the only one who thought it was funny that the first person to take the shot on air, a young nurse, literally dropped dead just an hour after her shot!? Did nobody else know exactly what it meant and didn't simply "find it strange" when Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, and a slew of elites and movie stars kept taking shots on film that were obviously completely empty, plunger already down, or needle-less altogether!?!? That shouldn't just raise your suspicion...it just means flat out they never took the vaccine and you have to wonder why those in the know, refused to.

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 03:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosOMegas

I think you need to go read until you understand just how they determined how many to call a COVID death and when to classify a death as being one from COVID.

Reporting and Coding Deaths Due to COVID-19 - CDC.

I have said it since the very day the lockdowns started, and I will say it again. I know I am right 100% and the more time that goes by, the more professionals agree with me. COVID was an absolute scam that never existed. It was a pandemic created in the minds of the gullible and paranoid.

That's right. You decided right from the start and your opinion became so entrenched that no amount explanation could dissuade you. A number of online kooks claiming credentials have reinforced your opinion, but by far the great majority of credible experts in the field of virology, medicine, epidemiology, pharmaceuticals and health administration don't say those things. You ignore the majority of experts, and think that a few disagreeable voices are more credible.

The only people COVID killed were ones who ran out and literally changed the very DNA makeup of their body with the so-called vaccine, a vaccine they admitted freely wasn't REALLY a vaccine in normal words, but an experimental gene therapy using RNA.

The RNA vaccines do not change DNA. They don't even penetrate the nucleus of the cell whare the DNA is located. To be a gene therapy, they would have to modify DNA, which the vaccines just don't do.

The definition of a Gene Therapy:

noun
1. The treatment of certain medical disorders, especially those caused by genetic anomalies or deficiencies, by introducing specific engineered genes into a patient's cells.
2. Any of several therapies involving the insertion of genes into a patient's cells in order to replace defective ones.

(from: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition)

Let me know if a doctor is ever able to isolate the virus called COVOD and you will prove me wrong.

COVID-19 is the disease that is caused by SARS-CoV-2 virus, which was isolated, fully sequenced, and posted on the web on 12 January 2020.

Here's a site with the entire genome of the Aplha strain of SARS-CoV-2

To this day, it hasn't been and it remains even to the believing professionals a hypothetical virus that was treated and the tests used to test patients the inventor of the test himself screamed from the highest towers in the land that it couldn't possibly test for COVID.

Testing for the SARS-Cov-2 virus is trivial with PCR to amplify the genomic material, and genomic chemical assays.

The virions themselves have also been imaged under scanning electron microscopy.

Rapid antigen testing detects our immune response specifically to the SARS-CoV-2 virus (and can differentiate it from viral diseases with similar symptoms.

That is why Elon Musk put videos up of how his toilet seat tested negative for it, while his TV had COVID. And his morning coffee had COVID, while his steak dinner didn't. It showed what a joke it all was.

Rapid antigen tests can produce false positives by being used outside proper testing parameters. For instance, Coca-Cola or lemon juice will show as false positives on most RAT tests due to the high acidity of the liquids. Elon Musk's tests of various surfaces and substances all used RAT tests.

The only question that remains is what we're they desperately trying to inject us with...but Bill Gates current field of research is where you will find the answer to that...

The contents of vaccines are required to be listed and available to consumers by law.

E.g. Pfizer Comirnaty labelling.

edit on 2024-08-25T03:46:44-05:0003Sun, 25 Aug 2024 03:46:44 -050008am00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 05:13 AM
link   
You clearly have no feet in reality. Covid was nasty but they had working treatments before day one but that they demonized it and it's users then used every bit of their power to get removed from market. Strippers and gambling made it's way onto the essential jobs but church was banned. Real accredited PhD's who didn't tow the line were censored and had their careers ruined just for stating facts and truth. N95 masks were pointless and provided zero protection even when you wore 2. There are more but you don't actually care about any of it, because you are one of them.

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: SomeStupidName
You clearly have no feet in reality. Covid was nasty but they had working treatments before day one but that they demonized it and it's users then used every bit of their power to get removed from market. Strippers and gambling made it's way onto the essential jobs but church was banned. Real accredited PhD's who didn't tow the line were censored and had their careers ruined just for stating facts and truth. N95 masks were pointless and provided zero protection even when you wore 2. There are more but you don't actually care about any of it, because you are one of them.

It's been over for years now.

Where was the great reset? Where was the cull? Where was the permanent political change and slavery? Even the pharma companies that were going to make so much money, can't sell much of their stuff to everyone anymore, because if you've had COVID in the last 6 months, you don't need to be boosted.

None of the conspirasphere plandemicism BS has happened. Life goes on.

But more than a million Americans did die within the space of a single year, with COVID coded on the death certificate.

edit on 2024-08-25T05:56:13-05:0005Sun, 25 Aug 2024 05:56:13 -050008am00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: billxam1

I would submit that you're blaming the wrong president. This all started with the Obama "let's grow ethanol corn instead of feed corn." The example I will use is whole chicken. $ .38 /lb to $1.19 /lb within 3 months. Blaming Biden is pointless. And then there was the 2008 depression caused by the population of leftists' demands.

I agree that much started in 2012. I remember Obama wishing he could see gas at 10 bucks a gallon to limit people using their cars to push "green" energy. Michele was pushing to outlaw keep foods, or once again push the cost so that people can not buy it, and so would be healthier...lol

All Biden did was throw gas on the fire to see 30%+ go up in a year. Obama might have done a 100 little knife cuts, but Biden dug it in deep with a twist.

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Where was the great reset? Where was the cull? Where was the permanent political change and slavery? Even the pharma companies that were going to make so much money, can't sell much of their stuff to everyone anymore, because if you've had COVID in the last 6 months, you don't need to be boosted.

You just do not see it. COVID was a test of how far the population could be pushed, and we failed miserably. If you stayed at home, wore your masks, got all your shots, and pointed out who didn't then you were a good person. Think of how many liberals would love to go back to all that as they miss that totalitarian rule. We spent trillions not needed, we locked the country down for too long and never was needed, many lost their jobs because they didn't want to take a shot, people were labeled killers if they didn't have all their PPE on, kids were kept at home and none of it was needed. We haven't seen the mental fallouts to it all, but kids hit like a 60 year low in basic skills.

So what do you think the next round will be?

BTW first year was 590k. Greatly inflated because the Government was paying for COVID deaths, so many deaths were labeled COVID because the person happened to test positive and died to something else. Many too were very old and people on death's door already. The initial release of the vaccine helped those groups a good deal, but mandating it pushed many in higher-risk areas where the actual virus was nothing to them, so vaccine good, mandates bad. We also had poor medical practices as in putting people on respirators was a death sentence. We now just put them on their stomach, and it works.

Year 2 was 250 more and year 3 was 180 more...

edit on x31Sun, 25 Aug 2024 10:15:06 -05002024237America/ChicagoSun, 25 Aug 2024 10:15:06 -05002024 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

You just do not see it. COVID was a test of how far the population could be pushed, and we failed miserably. If you stayed at home, wore your masks, got all your shots, and pointed out who didn't then you were a good person. Think of how many liberals would love to go back to all that as they miss that totalitarian rule. We spent trillions not needed, we locked the country down for too long and never was needed, many lost their jobs because they didn't want to take a shot, people were labeled killers if they didn't have all their PPE on, kids were kept at home and none of it was needed. We haven't seen the mental fallouts to it all, but kids hit like a 60 year low in basic skills.

So what do you think the next round will be?

BTW first year was 590k. Greatly inflated because the Government was paying for COVID deaths, so many deaths were labeled COVID because the person happened to test positive and died to something else. Many too were very old and people on death's door already. The initial release of the vaccine helped those groups a good deal, but mandating it pushed many in higher-risk areas where the actual virus was nothing to them, so vaccine good, mandates bad. We also had poor medical practices as in putting people on respirators was a death sentence. We now just put them on their stomach, and it works.

Year 2 was 250 more and year 3 was 180 more...

COVID was a pandemic. Like all pandemics before it going back into history.

We have had the implementation of tyrannical and dictatorial governments historically, too. They did not happen in response to epidemic disease back then, either.

America totally screwed up in epidemic response. I'd put that down to its leadership at the time, except for the groundswell of stupid Americans who thought that taking temporary safety precautions were going to enslave them.

It's over. In hindsight, what actually happened was that several powerful, wealthy and technically capable nations had idiots in charge, while some smaller and poorer nations sailed through a world pandemic with minimal overall impact.

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Republicans will just allow more free market, not restrict it.

Oh please Republicans don't just allow more free market. They are doing Crony Capitalism. Crony Capitalism isn't the free market. Propping up businesses with tax breaks and subsidies and choosing who wins and who loses isn't the free market. Big Oil gets some $20 billion yearly in subsidies. Why do we allow that?

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

What you described is corporatism, not capitalism. Corporatism is communism on steroids. Instead of government owning all business and industries, it's the elite owning government.

This is how we end up with one electric company, one trash company, one phone company.

With no competition, business (i.e. government) can charge what ever they want.
edit on 25-8-2024 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2024 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Millions of flu and pneumonia cases and deaths were labeled as "COVID" too. The whole statistical system was compromised and ass piped. 😊

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join