It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wish I had a more sophisticated OP; however, I think my case is made without it.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut
Wow, you have no clue at all. Oil fields depleting?

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: billxam1
a reply to: AlexandrosOMegas

I would submit that you're blaming the wrong president. This all started with the Obama "let's grow ethanol corn instead of feed corn." The example I will use is whole chicken. $ .38 /lb to $1.19 /lb within 3 months. Blaming Biden is pointless. And then there was the 2008 depression caused by the population of leftists' demands.

Was there not an administration between Obama's and Biden's?

Although price changes are clearly not instantaneous upon implementation of policy, surely the prices on consumables would not wait around for four years to start to rise?

Clearly the source of the economic downturn that started in 2021 was in the interim administration between Obama and Biden.

"Clearly, it's the administration that wasn't exclusively radical leftist authoritarians, which happens to be Trump, who I believe is a cartoon villain that is always to blame."

Get a new routine. This one isn't working.

You absolutely demanded the Western economies should be shut down for a novel cold virus and said anything less was equivalent to negligent homicide. You cheered censorship in support of that agenda. You willfully lied repeatedly to champion that agenda and have never once acknowledged any of the dozens upon dozens of times you peddled false information during your fact checking crusade. You support the erosion of informed consent laws and radical redefining of what medical ethics are to include giving drugs to children without a positive risk/benefit analysis.

You support the globalist agenda that wants expensive gas, expensive meat, expensive everything, so that they can control what we eat, and what we see, and what we think, else we get shut out of society... which you explicitly supported during COVID. The push for these dystopian COVID policies saw the wealthiest people in the world gain an even larger stranglehold on global wealth and increased prices on the basic food commodities the poorest people in the world depend on for survival.

You supported it every step of the way.

Why aren't you proud of what you support? Why is it Trump's fault that your political agenda is working as intended?

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 08:15 AM
link   

I'd like to point out that some of the increase in your grocery bill is due to the war in Ukraine. Ukraine is the 7th largest grain producer in the world. And their output of grain is down some 22%. This led to increase in prices.

Russia and Belarus produce a big chunk of the worlds fertilizer. Sanctions on them has led to increase fertilizer prices and lower crop yields. Which drive up prices even more.

And let's not forget the price of oil. That increases prices for all goods as well. Even though we busted the oil production record. Prices still remain high. And I have a feeling are being kept high artificially.

You can't blame everything on Biden folks.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I don’t blame Biden’s administration entirely for prices today because so much of this is a direct result of the pandemic.

Correction - "government's authoritarian response to" the pandemic. Not the pandemic itself... it was never about our health or "slowing the spread", and the lockdowns and mandated "medicines" were so destructive to the economic AND mental health of our country that it's almost impossible to even quantify.

But back to the topic at hand... the criminal media (de facto 4th branch of the government) is clearly immune to being held accountable when they repeatedly spew lies in favor of the democrats & establishment.

In fact it was blatant election interference when they all repeated the Russia-Trump collusion hoax AND Hunter Biden's laptop from hell being "misinformation" and never had to retract statements or "correct the record" right during the 2020 election season. Just like how they were criminal actors with the pandemic propaganda.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: RobRocket
Wow, you have no clue at all. Oil fields depleting?

I know right?

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 09:10 AM
link   

These wealthy elites are scolding us at the DNC this week for not sacrificing enough.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ADVISOR

Do you live inside the United States?

He's an autistic Australian living in New Zealand, which for some reason thinks he has a clue what's happening here.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosOMegas
I can't even believe it when I see that GRAHAM CRACKERS, over TEN DOLLARS NOW for Kellogg's AND Nabisco costs over ELEVEN DOLLARS, even if you do get one extra sleeve of 8 crackers for that price.

I can't believe it either.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Democrats have to keep the charade alive in order to claim they need to fix the problems they created. 😊

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

The 7th largest grain producer in the world losing 22% output starting a couple years ago didn't cause universal price increases of 15-20%. It's inflation and policy decisions. Russia didn't shut down energy production in Western countries. Russia didn't print trillions and trillions of dollars that have mostly ended up in the hands of the most wealthy people in the world. Russia didn't fund the biological research that resulted in a global pandemic. Russia didn't cause the destruction of Western economies through authoritarian lockdowns. Russia didn't pit citizens against one another or try to force American citizens to take ineffective gene therapies to have a job. Russia hasn't harassed or tried to shut down small food producers in the West.

Sorry, you'll have to find something other than Russia to blame. Decades of policies driven by governments Biden and other globalist or neocon puppets in the West ran are not because of Russia. Biden was leading the US in two top executive positions for 12 or the last 16 years with decades as an influential member of Congress before that. There are few people in government that have as much personal culpability as Biden does. Decades and decades of it, from the irresponsible spending to the lack of accountability to the authoritarian policies.

Perhaps you should blame the left wing actvists and globalist cultists that long ago announced their intent to use increased prices, authoritarian policies, and segregation of society based on social credit scores, to force their dystopian agenda on citizens that want nothing to do with it.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I would submit that you're blaming the wrong president. This all started with the Obama "let's grow ethanol corn instead of feed corn." The example I will use is whole chicken. $ .38 /lb to $1.19 /lb within 3 months. Blaming Biden is pointless. And then there was the 2008 depression caused by the population of leftists' demands.

Are you referring to the use of corn-based ethanol as an additive to gasoline?

That didn’t start under Obama. Commercial scale use of ethanol in gasoline started in 1979.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 09:57 AM
link   
How much would a person have to be paid to constantly side with, big pharma,big Media and the government and never ever question any narrative put forth by the any aforementioned party?

Or do you really truely believe in these their track records? Now I can believe a person would be stupid enough to believe in one of these institutions for free. But to believe all 3 simultaneously, a special almost bought and payed for level of commitment.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Being disingenuous as always. That’s when it was first introduced but not done on any meaningful scale.

But cool nothing new here just your standard half truth by way of omission. Your staple.

a reply to: Boomer1947

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

But shouldn't the Biden Admin be fostering grain production increases in the U.S. (and maybe other countries) to combat the price problems? By (purposely) NOT doing that, they (Biden Admin) have maintained the high price gouging they claim to be fighting. Same "strategy" for other high demand commodities. Democrats control the means of production and distribution to keep price gouging alive and well. 😃🔀

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

Are you referring to the use of corn-based ethanol as an additive to gasoline?

That didn’t start under Obama. Commercial scale use of ethanol in gasoline started in 1979.

But maybe The Obama Admin decided to control the means of production and distribution in order to effectively maintain price gouging. Study the outputs and demands and use numbers. 😉

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 10:08 AM
link   

You got trolled again my friend. 😃 You keep believing the wrong sources.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

You can't blame everything on Biden folks.

Sure, ok. The Ukraine War is Obama's fault.

He gave Crimea to Russia.

Better?

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

It's a shame you know so little, yet pretend to know so much.

www.climatecentral.org...

Technological advances in drilling efficiency are one of the reasons shale oil and natural gas production continues to skyrocket in six of America’s biggest oil and natural gas fields, according to a new U.S. Energy Information Administration report.

is fracking more efficient than drilling?

Fracking, or high-volume hydraulic fracturing, can be faster and more efficient than drilling for oil and natural gas:

Fracking can take days or weeks to complete a well, while conventional drilling methods can take months or years.

Fracking is more 'efficient' only because it is becoming harder to find reserves that haven't already been tapped. Because fracking is done to nearly depleted existing wells, or to shale-oil wells, it adds costs to those well-sites making them more expensive than conventional oil new wells initially were.

Shale oil is of a lower quality than conventional oil deposits, requiring additional processing, a more expensive drilling processes, additional transport, more labour, fracking, and hence more costs.

Shale Oil vs. Conventional Oil: What's the Difference?

edit on 2024-08-22T17:50:33-05:0005Thu, 22 Aug 2024 17:50:33 -050008pm00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I don’t blame Biden’s administration entirely for prices today because so much of this is a direct result of the pandemic. He certainly didn’t help matters in that regard though.

Pandemic = Fauci and CCP.

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: network dude

It's a shame you know so little, yet pretend to know so much.

www.climatecentral.org...

Technological advances in drilling efficiency are one of the reasons shale oil and natural gas production continues to skyrocket in six of America’s biggest oil and natural gas fields, according to a new U.S. Energy Information Administration report.

is fracking more efficient than drilling?

Fracking, or high-volume hydraulic fracturing, can be faster and more efficient than drilling for oil and natural gas:

Fracking can take days or weeks to complete a well, while conventional drilling methods can take months or years.

Fracking is more 'efficient' only because it is becoming harder to find reserves that haven't already been tapped. Because fracking is done to nearly depleted existing wells, or to shale-oil wells, it adds costs to those well-sites making them more expensive than conventional oil new wells initially were.

Shale oil is of a lower quality than conventional oil deposits, requiring additional processing, a more expensive drilling processes, additional transport, more labour, fracking, and hence more costs.

Shale Oil vs. Conventional Oil: What's the Difference?

Until we get to the untapped oil that is always protected for this and that reason. Purposely requiring the bad old fracking! Decisions have consequences. Not drilling new sites requires squeezing out every profitable drop of oil from what is available. Pretty simple.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join