It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Council tax is an illegal scam

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Well obviously it doesn't as councils are still going broke , and are having trouble providing the basic services that went along quite well before it was farmed out to NGO's which have to make a profit first and deliver services second..

posted on Aug, 22 2024 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: annonentity

That's not an answer to the question "how do you imagine we know how much council tax to pay if not by letter or invoice?" which you seem to have chosen to ignore.

Again, and as others have informed you adequately, the council tax replaced the poll tax which was hated by all and marked a significant change in local taxation policy in the UK.

Our council tax primarily funds the local services, which include waste collection and disposal, street cleaning, libraries, social care for the elderly and disabled, education support services, local policing, fire services, and leisure facilities like parks and recreation centers across the nation.

The tax also contributes to public health services, housing, and community development projects.

Everyone has to pay council tax annonentity, that's simply a fact of life here in the UK.

And the council tax is not an illegal scam it's a local tax levied on residential properties to fund local government services.
edit on 22-8-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 10:35 AM
link   

There are ways around the council tax Andy , reqister at a college and go for a few lessons and you are exempt plus you get the bonus of getting student discount everywhere

I used to flash a student card at bemused shop assistants in my work overalls and mutter mature student never failed , plus dementia gets you off the hook just mutter aaa and mmm a lot , during the poll tax era I pretended to be deaf and dumb when they came to the door again make a lot of stupid noises and start to use sign language that never failed me either .

Tax are for holding the carpet down , pay nothing and expect everything for free the secret is never to engage them in conversation or letter , and as I point out to them I am not a tax payer these days as the limit was 10k so I am not required to pay tax until I have income of 10k so I am not paying this illegal tax

edit on 23/8/2024 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

I am not quite sure how you manage to get by on an income under 10k per year stonerwilliam.

I would imagine your PIP would be about £9000 per year and that's without UC on top if you have severe mental impairments.

One of those money matter people might be worth paying a visit.

As for the student aspect of not paying council tax, that only works if everyone in the house is a full-time student.

And we can only play at being Van Wilder for a limiter period of time, i tried. LoL

Again mate if you own a house or rent one in the UK, they are going to want council tax.

You can't go through life paying nothing and expecting everything for free if for no other reason than self-respect imho.

Either way death and taxes are a guarantee.

Nothing illegal about the council tax stonerwilliam, especially if you ever require the assistance of the emergency services or a house for that matter(good luck with the house part).

Best of luck anyroad but every ones got to pay the piper.

edit on 23-8-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: annonentity

Well obviously it doesn't as councils are still going broke , and are having trouble providing the basic services that went along quite well before it was farmed out to NGO's which have to make a profit first and deliver services second..

Councils would be in a better financial place if the now PM of the UK had not taken his own party to court in 2003 to fight for benefits for illegal immigrants and asylum seekers and won .

The country is in a mess , people cannot find grave stones when visiting a cemetery the grass cutting was one of the first things to be chopped and our streets look like jungles with the weeds and some genius made a law stopping you from going outside your property and weeding or using any chemicals on .

I happily break this law in my area and await any plod coming to my door to caution me on using a mix of used engine oil and petrol on the weeds or salt as they all come out of the earth and are natural

Rather than pay the £ 50 fee for dumping garden waste I show the neighbours the new dumping plot for all this organic waste I have created behind the garages which I call the Sue me dump .

When I requested to see the last 6 years of their accounts and the bidding process and tenders for these services they hung up on me ikyn ,

They are playing with someone who used to hand thick brown envelopes to people in the council for contracts and knows all their weak points

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Yeah mate the nation is a mess because the Tories sh@t all over the country and lined their and their ilk's own pockets for the better part of two decades whilst raping and pillaging everyone else, refused to build any houses and gimped out our NHS.

The immigration issues are simply the icing on the cake.

And was Brexit not supposed to address that problem?

I just burn the garden waste now rather than brown bin it for £40 a year.

Probably illegal but feck em.............

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Your illegal actions, have been noted, citizens...

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 11:11 AM
link   

They refuse to give me pip Andy ikyn , the blood test that was devised for dementia is not fit for purpose and the person who came up with it tried to resind it as soon as they found out what it was being used for and was told to piss off the government had payed for it and would do what it wants with it .

I know people who have never payed a cent in either council tax or poll tax and nothing happens to them the worst they can do is make them bankrupt at their expense .

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

LoL

That must be what the drone hanging about over the roof is all about.

The brown shirts will be out for burning rubbish instead of brown binning it.

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Did you appeal your PIP?

My assessment was completely wrong. I went for a Review, and then had to Appeal to a Tribunal ( you don't have to attend) and got it, backdated.

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Buddy, you should appeal that.

70% of people win their PIP appeal.

My Gran had vascular dementia and alzheimer's and she got PIP mate.

You should get what you are entitled to, especially since you have worked all your days.

Your sister not be able to help Stonerwilliam is she not a social worker?

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Yes. I had a telephone assessment and the scores did not reflect what I said at all.

The Appeal is before a Judge, a doctor and a lay person, all independent. All done on paper, unless you want to go.

No legalese or anything.

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 03:19 PM
link   
PIP is a #ing joke.

Pretend to have mental health issues and you get full whack.
Have a genuine health issue/condition that genuinely affects your day-to-day quality of life and ability to look after yourself and get around and you have to jump through hoops to get it.

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

I think a lot of it has to do with the level of Charlie Unicorn November Tango dealing with the case.

Essentially its a points game.

And fact is the people who are responsible for initially assessing the case are under enormous pressure from the higher-ups to find fault or dismiss a significant amount of claims.

Hence the reason around 70% of people who appeal win their case.

Because the claims are genuine enough, but the system thats broken/bent/rigged, take your pick.

There have been whistle-blowers and all sorts that have emerged and quit their jobs over what takes place and is encouraged, none of it good and most of it deplorable.

Least not we forget poor bastards such as Stephen Smith.

www.theguardian.com...
www.bigissue.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join