It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

About 2 hours before the opening of the convention protesters begin shaking fence outside DNC.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Do we know that though...where has it been proven covid was worse than the jab? You say a lot but don't seem to back it up and I haven't seen anything you've been talking about proven anywhere from the post I am responding to or the earlier post I responded to.

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

We have vaccines for dozens of different viruses... I'm not getting into this. The whole field of viruses and vaccines goes above pretty much every person who uses this site, arguing over if vaccines work or whatever is again, like beating a dead horse.

As for covid being worse than the vaccines, the death total is the proof. Who was the guy on here posting things every other day about people dying in droves from vaccines? They suddenly stopped one day, maybe that's because there's like a .006% chance of dying from certain covid vaccines.

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: putnam6

I think this was a big lesson for a lot of libertarian minded people and especially Americans in general, that sometimes society takes the leap of faith to battle something.

It doesn't matter what happened in hind sight, we do now know that covid itself was far more detrimental to public health than the myriad of vaccines that were available to take. And both federal and private sectors thought they were making the best choices.

The debate is like beating a dead horse at this point. My initial statement still stands, Donald got the ball rolling and even tried to take credit for them but it fell on deaf ears because his critics didn't care and his base didn't want to hear that he was pro vaccines.

There's a myriad of degrees in between doing nothing as the response to the new COVID threat to trying to come up with a vaccine to help the "AT RISK" public a proper, rational response and mandating every person 6 months or older get a round of shots every 6 months or they are going to die, a blatant fear-mongering overreaction.

I'm not sure why it's so difficult to admit that point in this argument.

The main positive point was it gave those pharmaceutical companies the best 2-3 year stock charts ever and enriched those fortunate enough to own stock which includes lots of members of Congress

BTW are you still getting your shots? the CDC says you really ought to keep getting them. We are still getting about 70,000 deaths a year here in the US to the horrors of COVID.

We were so lucky flu deaths dropped to 12 year low in 2021-2022, because they returned full force in the 2022-2023 flu season. If we had the normal flu deaths and COVID-19 deaths in 2021-2022, it would have indeed been a "dark winter for the unvaccinated".

www.tribdem.com... .html

JOHNSTOWN, Pa. – COVID-19 cases are on the rise around the country, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

As of Aug. 13, the CDC estimated that COVID-19 infections are growing or likely growing in 25 states, including Pennsylvania.

Dr. Matthew Perry, the emergency department chairman at Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center in Johnstown, said the emergency room hasn’t seen many patients with COVID-19 lately.

“We have not seen an uptick in positive cases,” he said. “Aside from some incidental positives found from time to time, there have been no alarming increases of cases where patients are especially symptomatic. We haven’t seen it trend upwards in the past few years at this time of year, but like anything else, we will wait and see and stay prepared.

Can you imagine getting the normal yearly average number of flu hospitalizations and deaths during the peak of COVID deaths

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 11:31 AM
link   
So far the useful idiot protestors are disappointing.
Not living up to the hype and the promise of a popcorn show.
They just can't get anything right ... can they?

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 11:49 AM
link   

You're arguing I'm hind sight, which are moot points.
We didn't know what covid was capable of and it was mutating at alarming rates around the world.
And pharmaceutical companies didn't just whip up the vaccine, they had similar vaccines in the works and already had strains of covid broken down to make vaccines.
You also had programs like warp speed funneling tons of investment into the programs accelerating the vaccine research.
When you have every pharmaceutical company on the planet working together, that's what you get.

As for flu deaths dropping it makes sense since the flu isn't as virulent as covid, no where near the same. Basic hygiene and social distancing can cause an almost dormant virus like the common flu to become almost non existing.

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
So far the useful idiot protestors are disappointing.
Not living up to the hype and the promise of a popcorn show.
They just can't get anything right ... can they?

Thank you for getting the thread back on track.

FWIW Im glad it's not blowing up , it's bad for the economy and Chicago. Ive been there a few times in the last 12 to 15 years.

It seems like Chicago Police is showing the proper response, it's because there is no unauthorized protesting happening, all groups had to get permission on where and when to march and protest. The police mentioned how much help the groups have been in policing themselves keeping members in line.......So far

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

This reminds me of Germany in the 70s and the 80s, when the radical Left morphed into terrorism and began blowing things up and targeting politicians.

Gee, that was fun.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

You're arguing I'm hind sight, which are moot points.
We didn't know what covid was capable of and it was mutating at alarming rates around the world.
And pharmaceutical companies didn't just whip up the vaccine, they had similar vaccines in the works and already had strains of covid broken down to make vaccines.
You also had programs like warp speed funneling tons of investment into the programs accelerating the vaccine research.
When you have every pharmaceutical company on the planet working together, that's what you get.

As for flu deaths dropping it makes sense since the flu isn't as virulent as covid, no where near the same. Basic hygiene and social distancing can cause an almost dormant virus like the common flu to become almost non existing.

You didn't say if you are still getting vaccinated? as per the recommendations of the CDC

www.nbcchicago.com...

As part of the guidance, the CDC suggests:

Staying up to date with vaccination to protect people against serious illness, hospitalization, and death. This includes flu, COVID-19, and RSV if eligible.

Practicing good hygiene by covering coughs and sneezes, washing or sanitizing hands often, and cleaning frequently touched surfaces.

Taking steps for cleaner air, such as bringing in more fresh outside air, purifying indoor air, or gathering outdoors.
The change comes at a time when COVID-19 is no longer the public health menace it once was. It dropped from being the nation's third leading cause of death early in the pandemic to 10th last year.

Most people have some degree of immunity to the coronavirus from past vaccinations or from infections. And many people are not following the five-day isolation guidance anyway, some experts say.

So you think flu deaths dropped 70-75% because we collectively washed our hands, socially distanced, and masked?

Which would make the flu vaccine completely worthless, would it not?

So why not have mandates for hand washing masks and social distancing for flu season on all 3 if it's about saving lives

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
FWIW Im glad it's not blowing up ,...

I am. I admit it. I think it would be a hoot for 100,000 useful idiot protestors to show up and storm the place and take it over. This is what the left has been growing and fostering. It would be karmic for that to happen. Unfortunately, I think this is way over blown and nothing is going to come of it.

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I predict they will actually get a cease fire agreement done between Israel and Palestine. Then, all these whining busy bodies, that have splintered off from comrade Kamala will once again give us another example of spineless, sycophantic flippancy as they jump back on board.

Sure, they'll NEVER run out of things to complain about, but this hot topic just might be enough to bring them "home".

They are that easy and the swamp knows it.

I bet it happens before Thursday so they can announce it at the convention, throwing cold water on the protesters and making Harris seem like a unifier.

ETA: I decided to check just now, and what do you know....

Israel accepts cease-fire deal after push from US, Blinken says

Aug. 20, 2024
Secretary of State of State Antony Blinken says Israel has now agreed to an American plan to pause the fighting in Gaza. Now, he's urging Hamas to also accept the proposal. NBC’s Raf Sanchez reports for TODAY.
www.today.com...

I find it strange that Netanyahoo would accept such an agreement considering Harris's stance on supporting Palestinians. Hate to bust anyone's bubble, but Trump is an Israel supporter, not like this bipolar "administration" we have now. So why help Harris??

There's more at play here.
edit on 20-8-2024 by VariedcodeSole because: eta

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: onestonemonkey
Gotta feel bad for the cops protecting the "defund the police" party from the seething mob of its own so called supporters!

Wild stuff!

The cops should just let them through so they can tear the building down.

And build back better?

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Dalamax

I STILL have no idea what that's supposed to mean.

Why does the left use "Yoda-speak" to label their projects? Lol. "Green New Deal"??

Must be something involving the Dagobah System...
😂

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I assumed it was a mantra 🤷🏽‍♂️

Kind of like ‘I must, I must, I must increase my bust’

But less effective, lacking specificity and more infantile.

a reply to: VariedcodeSole

edit on 20-8-2024 by Dalamax because: Would you believe spelling?

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 03:39 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 03:41 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Hamas has not accepted yet. Chances are they will stall for positioning and then not accept. All BS. IDF are not this dumb. They are on strategic standby. 😀

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Look at all those crazy, right wing MAGA insurrectionists!

Wait

Oops

At least the precedent on how to handle a modern day insurrection has been set.

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 04:01 PM
link   

pssssst....

this thread AIN'T about covid or vaccinations!!!

BEFORE YOU POST.
READ THIS....

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (Redux)

Community Announcement re: Decorum

These rules apply to all threads and if you want to engage in personal attacks there are other sites on the Internet where you can do that. Our goal is for ATS to be above that. For members here to post like mature adults.
YOU are responsible for your own posts

And, as always...
Do not reply to this post.

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Well wh'd'a'ya'know

Cook County State’s Attorney Preemptively Announces that DNC Protesters Will Not Be Prosecuted

Soros-backed Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx preemptively announced that she will not prosecute protesters who are “peaceful” at the Democratic National Convention (DNC).

This sudden turn toward leniency runs against what she claimed in April, Wirepoints reported.

Despite the attention to “peaceful” protesters, Foxx also announced ahead of time that she will not prosecute anyone arrested for misdemeanors — such as disorderly conduct, public demonstration, unlawful gathering, criminal trespass to state-supported land, and even curfew charges.

The policy is not new, though. The prosecutor, who was given a $408,000 donation from a George Soros super PAC in 2016, . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Hamas has not accepted yet. Chances are they will stall for positioning and then not accept. All BS. IDF are not this dumb. They are on strategic standby. 😀

Yeah I read that in the link. Not surprising what their leadership might decide given the right incentive(s).
We shall see..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join