It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia will accept all those who disagree with the Western agenda

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

It is my misfortune that my History of Western Civilization score was not high enough to pursue a major in History. So I am no Historian.

Using Google search, I happened upon a Time magazine article about the History book (revisionist?) that President Putin has written. The article is: Putin’s Myths About Ukraine, Debunked.
Putin's Myth #2
Crimea is Russian, it’s a cradle of Russian Orthodox civilization

I will skip quoting from the article because people should read the whole thing for themselves.

Yesterday, the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine passed a law officially banning the Ukrainian Orthodox Church.

I will probably look that up.

All that remains is to ban God.

That sounds very rash. Most people who believe in a God don't believe that such bans could be efficacious. "God" they say, "cannot be restrained by mortal means."

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 05:23 PM
link   

churches who spy on others and help the enemy are not protected by geneva conventions and as such are subject to banning.

posted on Aug, 20 2024 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: FullHeathen

Western Christendom is probably more accustomed to schisms than the Eastern Orthodox traditions. National Churches are sort of out of vogue in the West. Some remain as a sort of relic, but that's okay.

[Warning: personal anecdote]
This one time when I was in High School a girl invited me to her church.

After the service, outside the door (as was my habit back then), I was talking theology with the pastor. I mentioned some works by a lay theologian that I was reading at the time.

He responded with "I've heard of him. He's a schismatic! He causes splits in churches! I don't listen to schismatics."

I glanced over his left shoulder where I could look at the sign over the church door. It read: Four Square Gospel Church. I even nodded toward the sign with eye movements suggestive of "Well would you look at that!"

I can only infer that perhaps my body language was a bit too subtle; for he didn't turn his head to read the sign. In my mind I was thinking "Four Square Gospel Church: Split from Church of the Nazarene; split from Methodist Church; split from Anglican Church; split from Roman Catholic Church; Western branch of East/West Schism."

[end anecdote]

Any way, I came across a little something from an American group representing a very conservative group of Reformed tradition.

What’s the significance for Christians in the West?

Over the past decade, an increasing number of American Christians have praised Putin and his allies because of their criticism of Western decadence. The Russian president has publicly spoken out about homosexuality and divorce, and expressed support for the “traditional family.” But Christians in the West are often unaware that Russia is far from a haven of social conservatism. The country has one of the highest abortion rates in the world, and their authoritarian leader is “pro-choice.” In 2017, Putin said, “In the modern world, the decision is up to the woman herself,” and added that making abortion illegal would only push the practice underground, causing immense damage to women’s health.

Expressing a sentiment shared by many experts on Russia, Alexis Mrachek says that “Putin’s use of traditional Christianity is calculated for political effect. American and European observers would do well to see through the charade.”

Similarly, Moscow Patriarch Kirill is not a champion of Christian values such as religious liberty. He also has little tolerance for Russian Christians who don’t want to be under his spiritual leadership. Kirill has said “there can be no place in Russia for a free market in religious life” and called “foreign missionary activity a sinister threat to the nation’s security.” But it’s his failure to oppose an unjust war that makes him a threat to Christians in the West and to those in Ukraine. Whether out of fear or deference, he’s allowing Putin to use the authority of the Russian church to discredit the Christian faith.

The FAQs: How the Russia-Ukraine War Is Linked to Religion
MARCH 17, 2022 | JOE CARTER

edit on 20-8-2024 by FullHeathen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
On Monday, August 19, Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a decree “On providing humanitarian support to individuals who share traditional Russian spiritual and moral values.” The document was adopted “in order to protect fundamental human rights and freedoms, to support individuals who have made a free choice in favor of spiritual, cultural and legal ties with the Russian Federation.”

I hope this includes everyone who was upset by The Acolyte being cancelled and anyone who didn't like Deadpool & Wolverine.

We just don't need that kind of Negativity.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Are there more Russian prisoners in the US that Putin needs bartering material for

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 11:18 AM
link   

the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine passed a law officially banning the Ukrainian Orthodox Church. All that remains is to ban God.

Not the Ukrainian Orthodox Church but the Russian Orthodox Church. The priests and the faithful have several months to switch to the Ukrainian Church. Reason: some priests were spying for Russia and informing the Russian authorities about the movement of the Ukrainian army.

posted on Aug, 21 2024 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: twistedpuppy

Is the Ukrainian Orthodox Church a thing in Russia?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join