It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This should be interesting

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: yeahright
a reply to: chr0naut

A true democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.

That is absurdist 'reasoning'.

Animals without language, or any similar indication of higher cerebral function, cannot vote.

edit on 2024-08-19T04:32:28-05:0004Mon, 19 Aug 2024 04:32:28 -050008am00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Says someone who CANT RECOGNIZE SUBSTANCE, that is rich.

hahahahahahhahahahha

You asking for substance?!?!?!?

Hahahahahahhhahah

Please just go away and hide, the boogeyman of truth is on your doorstep and you can't handle it.

Some of us see your game is to pretend you know things and you rinse and repeat.

I am not buying any more of your BS. The facts are Waltz is an idiot and it is terrible that the Ds are hitching their wagon to another idiot while pretending Trump or any other non Proggressive asswipe is against "their democracy". Well theirs is Communism. Our Republic counters "democracy" of two wolves and one sheep deciding who to eat for supper!

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp

Engaging with your truth involves omitting facts.

Pardon me if I don't take your advice on anything of significance.

Please educate me about the facts that I am missing, and be concise and complete.

That's extra.

My free package only includes highlighting your complete lack on integrity and honesty.

No, that's just allegation. You so far have failed to provide any substance.

edit on 19000000003120248America/Chicago08am8 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Smarter people understand this. That should suffice since you defer to those you "think" are super smart.

Carry on trying that on for size and see if you ever get right with the world. By now you should know we are smarter than you and you should capitulate to our facts. They are in fact True even if you don't think we are smart or the truth is.

Animals without language, or any similar indication of higher cerebral function, cannot vote.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

1960 United States presidential election

1960 election: Kennedy won the EC and the Popular vote.

Nixon won the 1968 and 1972 Elections, and resigned during his 2nd term.

You were confusing and garbling 3 separate events. lol lol lol lol 😀

edit on Aug-18-2024 by xuenchen because: 🤡

Yes, Nixon won the 1972 election, but during his re-election campaign, he ordered the break-in and bugging of DNC offices at the Watergate hotel on 17 June 1972.

Nixon was elected after November 1972, but at the time, his involvement in Watergate was not known.

Several of the Watergate burglars were arrested, but Nixon denied involvement (despite him being the one to gain the greatest potential advantage for stealing secrets from his opponents).

Subsequent Senate and Congressional investigations both revealed that Nixon had sanctioned the break-in. When his involvement became undeniable in 1973, with the evidence of the White-House recordings, three articles of impeachment were drawn up leading to his resignation from office in 8 August 1974.

However, you will see that I was talking about Kennedy's election in 1960. Nixon, despite being disgraced and resigning the Presidency, was once again run as the Republican candidate against Kennedy. (Obviously some Republicans thought their hero was above the law, but others weren't so convinced). Kennedy did ultimately win the popular vote, but it was a very close race (Kennedy 34,220,984 votes and Nixon 34,108,157 votes, a difference of only 112,827 votes, out of 68 million cast) to this day, there are some Republicans who still contest the 1960 votes in Illinois and Texas (in today's cliche, they are/were suggesting something similar to the vote being 'stolen').

So, despite the popular vote still being contested and therefore ambiguous, the EC vote was won by Kennedy, making him President.

edit on 2024-08-19T06:01:05-05:0006Mon, 19 Aug 2024 06:01:05 -050008am00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 05:49 AM
link   

"Absurdist"...Really???

It's called a 'metaphor', and you would do well to understand the meaning of the word.

Metaphor - a figure of speech in which a word or phrase literally denoting one kind of object or idea is used in place of another to suggest a likeness or analogy between them (as in drowning in money)

broadly : figurative language

- Merriam-Webster

edit on 8/19/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Ignorance isn't the issue there as much as narrative. I have seen enough to know you are a great person and think for yourself. I would have a beer with you, if you would have me sit there and drink it with you. The time for some people to grow up has arrived. Teaching them things they don't think they need does help others have faith, and it is attracting them to logic.

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

"Absurdist"...Really???

It's called a 'metaphor', and you would do well to understand the meaning of the word.

Metaphor - a figure of speech in which a word or phrase literally denoting one kind of object or idea is used in place of another to suggest a likeness or analogy between them (as in drowning in money)

- Merriam-Webster

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Old professor used to say
What's a meta for? with a long pause between meta

He would then give us the definition in both ways the Meriam and the Science class lesson with a well educated explanation of that metaphor we had ran smack into that day.

I tend to go, yea what is a meta actually for... IKR silly brain dead fun stuff... like some must be having making brain dead like posts.

a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
Smarter people understand this. That should suffice since you defer to those you "think" are super smart.

Who exactly are those super smart people that you think I defer to? Name a few of them, and I'll tell you how you did.

Carry on trying that on for size and see if you ever get right with the world. By now you should know we are smarter than you

Really?

Dunning-Kreuger to the max!

and you should capitulate to our facts. They are in fact True even if you don't think we are smart or the truth is.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

"Absurdist"...Really???

- Merriam-Webster

OK, it's an absurdist metaphor!

You really clarified things for me, there.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Says someone who CANT RECOGNIZE SUBSTANCE, that is rich.

hahahahahahhahahahha

You asking for substance?!?!?!?

Hahahahahahhhahah

Please just go away and hide, the boogeyman of truth is on your doorstep and you can't handle it.

Some of us see your game is to pretend you know things and you rinse and repeat.

I am not buying any more of your BS. The facts are Waltz is an idiot and it is terrible that the Ds are hitching their wagon to another idiot while pretending Trump or any other non Proggressive asswipe is against "their democracy". Well theirs is Communism. Our Republic counters "democracy" of two wolves and one sheep deciding who to eat for supper!

Engaging with your truth involves omitting facts.

Pardon me if I don't take your advice on anything of significance.

Please educate me about the facts that I am missing, and be concise and complete.

That's extra.

My free package only includes highlighting your complete lack on integrity and honesty.

No, that's just allegation. You so far have failed to provide any substance.

Was anyone in this thread even talking about Walz?

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: wAnchorofCarp

You have heard of the intel network referred to as 5 eyes, have you not?

Five Eyes Alliance is a network of five countries, which collaborate to share intelligence on security and defense. Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlest2

Five Eyes Alliance is a network of five countries, which collaborate to share intelligence on security and defense. Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States.

Didn't the "Russian dossier with the pee tapes" originate from those 5 "intelligence agencies"? Oxymoronic term. We said in the Army there was no such thing as Military Intelligence. There is, but it was often a butt of jokes for the choices they made.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 07:11 AM
link   

No, sadly (for you) it is just a metaphor.

That you are incapable of comprehending the meaning of said metaphor is what is so astounding, and yes, "absurdist".

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
They're building a wall around the convention center and are requiring ID to enter.

But how will black people attend if they require ID?
Doesn’t seem very equitable.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

You can be sure Chicago's Mayor will let the police do what police are supposed to do this time. Had this been against a cop or republican, the Mayor would order the cops to stand down as usual, while the city burns.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: putnam6

You can be sure Chicago's Mayor will let the police do what police are supposed to do this time. Had this been against a cop or republican, the Mayor would order the cops to stand down as usual, while the city burns.

I would say it is way too early to tell that. That city has been on fire for years now. The children are getting murdered by criminal activity causing gang wars that none seem able to put a dent in Chicago's murder rate.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dalamax

originally posted by: watchitburn
They're building a wall around the convention center and are requiring ID to enter.

But how will black people attend if they require ID?
Doesn’t seem very equitable.

black people can't get ID. I think this is raycist.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 10:09 AM
link   

There's no proof The Border "were the most closed that they have been".

That statement sounds like something Kamala would say. 🤣

And The Border has been 98% unsecure for decades.

The smuggling routes have always been wide open too.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 10:13 AM
link   

None of that is what you implied in your original screwed post.

Nice attempt to turnaround. 🤣🤣

The EC System is in The Constitution and it works to prevent Mob Rule takeovers.

posted on Aug, 19 2024 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: charlest2

Didn't the "Russian dossier with the pee tapes" originate from those 5 "intelligence agencies"?

No. The source was allegedly Russian "kompromat", and allegedly in the hands of Russian agents. Never in the hands of 5 Eyes operatives.

And even if the video was posted, everyone would just claim it was a deepfake:

The Pee Tape Is Real, but It’s Fake

Oxymoronic term. We said in the Army there was no such thing as Military Intelligence. There is, but it was often a butt of jokes for the choices they made.

From your signature line at the bottom of your posts: "All warfare is based on deception. There is no place where espionage is not used. Sun Tzu 476 BC".

Guess that must have gone a little above your head?

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join