It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Labour Plan More Crack Downs on Freedom - Starmer's Approval Rating Hits Negative Territory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Into his second month as Headmaster and Sir Kier **STARMER's** approval rating has dropped a further 10 points from +3 to -7 in the latest Opinium poll down a massive 26 points from the +19% he had in his first approval rating as PM as his government of servitude continues to crack down on our freedoms with new plans unveiled by Head teacher Yvette Cooper.

x.com...

Mssssss Cooper had this to say today.

Ms Cooper said: "For too long, governments have failed to address the rise in extremism, both online and on our streets, and we've seen the number of young people radicalised online grow.

"Hateful incitement of all kinds fractures and frays the very fabric of our communities and our democracy."

Action against extremism has been badly hollowed out in recent years, just when it should have been needed most.

"That's why I have directed the Home Office to conduct a rapid analytical sprint on extremism, to map and monitor extremist trends, to understand the evidence about what works to disrupt and divert people away from extremist views, and to identify any gaps in existing policy which need to be addressed to crack down on those pushing harmful and hateful beliefs and violence.

"That work will underpin a new strategic approach to countering extremism from government, working closely with communities to build consensus and impetus for our plans."
news.sky.com...

"Rapid" and "Sprint" are words that should never be used when formulating policy or laws , unless of course you want to push through an agenda based on incomplete analysis which I believe is the case here , the "communities" she wants to "work closely" with can only be guessed at but I doubt she means the millions of disaffected Britons abandoned by her Far Left government.

Day 17 of the Change.org poll calling on Starmer to stand down has now reached 203,225 signatures.
www.change.org...

As Warren Zevon said , "Send lawyers, guns, and money the sh!t has hit the fan".
***For clarity I'm not requesting anyone sends Lawyers , guns or money ****

I do hope that doesn't constitute "Hate Speech"

edit on 18-8-2024 by gortex because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Aug 18 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (Redux)

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Absolutely spot on,

the "communities" she wants to "work closely" with can only be guessed at but I doubt she means the millions of disaffected Britons abandoned by her Far Left government

I doubt her 'researchers' or whomever contacts communities would even want to go into a lot of English ones for fear of hearing the truth. In a certain tone of voice too i'd say.
Will be interesting to see exactly what community groups they do actually contact. Can youz do a FOIA request to get those answers when they're finished? Would be interesting reading for sure

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge2

I think it's clear what she means by "communities" mate , if she was planning on an inclusive "conversation" I think she would say population or electorate.

Oxfords definition of Communities.

a group of people living in the same place or having a particular characteristic in common.

We already know Labour want to bring in a Blasphemy law to protect Islam from criticism , there's only the minority communities this apologist Labour government care about the rest of us are Far Right Thugs who need re-education.

A picture that paints a thousand words.

It seems to me Labour are ignoring the evidence provided by the entertainment industry that "get woke go broke" is more than just a catchy phrase , sadly it's our Nation that will be going broke and we will be the ones who have to pay for it.

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Im actually listening to a cd right now "freak show". Music from old time horror movies.

But its apt for this thread.

Two Tier is gonna be See Ya Starmer if he keeps this joke fest up.

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I thought it would take a while for the Starmer to start alienating people, however he seems to have achieved this is in record time. Firstly the removal of winter fuel payments for a large amount of pensioners in the UK(Roughly 18% of the UK population are of pension age), then the attack on freedom of speech, the right to protest etc. There was also the drop for prisoners only to serve 40% of their sentences.

The more they carry on in this vein of ruling the more likely this is guaranteed to be a 1 term government.

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Good thread, hadn't seen this.

As soon as I read 'rapid analytical sprint' I knew it was doublespeak for poorly planned kneejerk reaction policy destined to fail.

These policies need proprer research and active engagement with the public to help tackle such issues. Not ignoring them, dicating to them, prosecuting and sweeping the probleams under the rug.

A local community farm has sessions for refugees to help combat PTSD and helping with learning the lkanguage/culture and integration. It's been incredibly succesful and most have gone on to full term employment, the produce is sold to local restraunts to fund it all and keep money in the local economy - those who have no interest in integration become obvious very quickly and stop turning up after a few sessions.

I used to live in Preston where shuttered shops were converted into restraunts for similar purposes buying the produce from local farms and it being a place people could share culture, unwritten rules like manners/ettiquete etc and it avoided a lot of the problems other northerns towns have had with divided communities.

It ended up that Christianity/Catholicism became the fastest growing religion in the City as predominantly women converted from Islam to avoid being treated as second class citizens - one idiot Muslim taxi driver filmed himself saying they should be raped for converting and witihin a couple of hours he'd been identified, banned for life from driving taxis by the Council and arrested by police.

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Bilbous72

Yep , he started with low approval and managed to destroy what he had in a little over a month , I guess that's some sort of achievement , ruling for the few not the many is always going to be a recipe for disaster.

Never mind , only 5 more years.

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I must admit I'm a bit surprised at how quickly Starmer is rolling out these authoritarian policies.
He's certainly in danger of alienating a hell of a lot of people and forcing them into the arms of what he inaccurately labels 'the far-right'. He's polarising British politics in a way that I've certainly never seen or known.

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Big one for me was the fellow that the Home Office announced was jailed by a judge for "spreading Anti-Establishment Sentiment". Not racism, hate speech or anything else have you, just criticism of the government.

Strangely enough can't find the tweet by the Home Office now. Funny that.

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 06:15 AM
link   

I haven't a clue what goes on over there, and really, we have enough craziness going on here to keep us occupied for a bit. But these folks seem kind of dumb. They might do themselves a favor by asking what brought on such extremism? Was there a catalyst of any kind? And what might cause otherwise normal people to act in the extreme?

or they could just try to jail anyone who isn't on their side. that usually works well too.

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Not seen that particular one. But some of those who have been sent to prison have been harshly dealt with IMO. 2 years in prison for shouting and gesticulation at the police is extreme. Does that not happen at nearly all protests regardless of their agenda?
It will be interesting to see what Ricky Jones is given for his comments to a crowd of people stating "We need to cut their throats", seems the fast tracking is only applicable to the "Far right", his next appearance at court is September the 9th, 1 month after his charge was heard in court.

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Yes that one stood out for me , 22 months for shouting , gesticulating and "getting in their face" , meanwhile actual criminals are getting community orders and being freed earlier.

Let's not forget the Manchester airport thugs are still on bail for assaulting police and breaking a female officer's nose , and they wonder why people are angry.

This country has become the Joseph Grimaldi of Clown World.

492 illegal migrants (how long till that's a hate term) were brought to England from 9 boats yesterday by the Border Farce Ferry Service.

edit on 18-8-2024 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Labour has almost certainly lost the 2029 General Election.

As in 2019 when the " Northern Red Wall " went to Boris for his " Lets Get Brexit Done " that same red wall will not be voting Labour. I could be wrong but i doubt it. Will be interesting to see how local elections and By-elections go in the next 5 years.

Colder weather in northern England during the winter, no winter fuel allowance for many pensioners.

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 07:29 AM
link   

I also read the other day that children WILL BE DIRECTED TO THE TRUTH when browsing the internet at school... so they can learn what is true and what is false news etc..

Basically, children will have their own thoughts and ideas quashed to make way for the schools manipulation of thought.. etc..

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Yes that one stood out for me , 22 months for shouting , gesticulating and "getting in their face"

Remember this link i gave you yesterday. ? Article 3c again.

c. if, for political motives, the length of the detention or its conditions are clearly out of proportion to the offence the person has been found guilty of or is suspected of;

assembly.coe.int...

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I think the problem is people are being advised to plead guilty to the charges or face being remanded before their trial then perhaps face a longer sentence when they are convicted , most of the lesser offenses seem to have been dealt with quickly.

The former DPP is making a mockery of our justice system.

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 08:25 AM
link   

The case you mentioned of the shouting man, that has to be appealed surely.

Trial by jury everytime.

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
I must admit I'm a bit surprised at how quickly Starmer is rolling out these authoritarian policies.
He's certainly in danger of alienating a hell of a lot of people and forcing them into the arms of what he inaccurately labels 'the far-right'. He's polarising British politics in a way that I've certainly never seen or known.

It happened under Blair and New Labour where they abandonned the working classes in the North which pushed a lot of normal non racist/anti-semetic people into voting for BNP as Griffin and Copeland hid their Holocaust denial and pasr actions like wearing Nazi regalia infront of one of the trains that transported Jews to Auchwitz pretty well.

The pace and scope of it under Starmer is very alarming though. My own political views are a mix of left and right but generally quite a but to the left of Starmer and the current Labour Party and would be very suprised if there's not a resurgence of National Front/Combat 18 style policies.

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Sir Kier **STARMER's** approval

Wow , censored in my country and censored on ATS.

posted on Aug, 18 2024 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: xWorldxGonexMadx

I also read the other day that children WILL BE DIRECTED TO THE TRUTH when browsing the internet at school... so they can learn what is true and what is false news etc..

Basically, children will have their own thoughts and ideas quashed to make way for the schools manipulation of thought.. etc..

All in all they are just another brick in the wall amirite?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join