It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"IDIOCRACY"...let's ALL watch it (again)! It's coming TRUE

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 09:14 PM
link   
It's worse than Idiocracy.

I'd take President Comacho over the O'Biden regime any day.

At least Comacho had the wherewithal to employ Not Sure for help. O'Biden and gang literally want to dismantle and sell out the US.

edit on 16-8-2024 by AlroyFarms because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: Therealbeverage

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
It might cost a couple bucks (to the enemy, YouToob), but it's SO worth it). IDIOCRACY explains every-thing! It really does!!

Every single thing about this movie (and "Office Space"), explains exactly where we are today.

Idiocracy takes the cake!

Watch it tonight! Seriously!

This is Right Where WE ARE!!

"Brawndo...it's got Electrolytes!

You do know who wrote this and what president Camacho represent? Mike Judge is a Libertarian. If you listen to a Trump speech he has to tell people he is doing an "Intellectual" speech??? It is just sad how he has to talk at a 4th grade level are they really that simple?

I am not a Harris fan and the 2 party system needs to end but you seriously want to say we are in Idiocracy without acknowledging Trumps simplistic speeches?

Granted it's Friday and the edibles are hitting but

We can discuss Trump's positions but in this race, with Vance on the ticket gives the intelligence edge to the GOP.
with the competition, it isn't exactly difficult to do.

The races very well might come down to the debates

Honestly if you have an IQ of 90 or above you have to be looking at this election as WTF! Plain and simple! If you cannot see that Trump Telgraphs hilariously what is so simplistic I would be amazed. And Harris who voted her in a primary? This is all rigged but yeah you all go ahead think Billionaire has your best interest in mind!

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlroyFarms

At least Comacho had the wherewithal to employ Not Sure for help. O'Biden and gang literally want to dismantle and sell out the US.

You are the most loved! The one who is loved by Trump you are loved cause he loves the special people!

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I think Ron Paul was the perfect iteration of pseudo outsider with the benefit of being connected through political experience.

Perot seemed to have good intent while being intelligent and forward thinking. Just not sure he would have been able to command the policy he wanted through congress and senate.

That said, just getting to the debate stage trailblazed the path for not just Paul and Trump… but I’d even argue it gave confidence to the Nader and Sander coalitions on the left.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 09:27 PM
link   

You are the most loved! The one who is loved by Trump you are loved cause he loves the special people!

You know what I really love?

I love the USA not being destroyed for foreign interests with muppet representatives who can barely speak coherent thoughts, but here we are.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: Therealbeverage

I am not a Harris fan and the 2 party system needs to end but you seriously want to say we are in Idiocracy without acknowledging Trumps simplistic speeches?

And...

Yeah I forgot how stupidly archaic ATS can be...

Smart people speak on a level that everyone can understand.

Stupid people attempt to use large words and phrases that makes them feel more intelligent.

Writers who use long words needlessly and choose complicated font styles are seen as less intelligent than those who stick with basic vocabulary and plain text, according to new research from the Princeton University in New Jersey, to be published in the next edition of Applied Cognitive Psychology.

Linky to Study

Einstein was aware of this.

But I guess you are way more intelligenter...

When you have to speak at a 4th grade level being more "intellgenter" is well like using a pretty girl as an avatar to get more likes. know what I mean wink wink nudge nudge...

Einstein was putting QUANTUM physics in a way that a common person can understand!
Trump is putting things like "stupid woman" and "dumb person" into his speeches are you saying that he is talking to the level of the public?

WAIT WAIT a minute I just want to clarify You just compared how Einstein one of the most intelligent persons spoke to the average person to Trump?

Really? You believe they are on the same level? Or do you believe Trumps audience is less intelligent then he is?

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 09:35 PM
link   

[/quote

You know what I really love?

I love the USA not being destroyed for foreign interests with muppet representatives who can barely speak coherent thoughts, but here we are.

I am curious did you see Idiocracy?

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I think Ron Paul was the perfect iteration of pseudo outsider with the benefit of being connected through political experience.

Perot seemed to have good intent while being intelligent and forward thinking. Just not sure he would have been able to command the policy he wanted through congress and senate.

That said, just getting to the debate stage trailblazed the path for not just Paul and Trump… but I’d even argue it gave confidence to the Nader and Sander coalitions on the left.

I'm sorry for the TLDR thing coming up... just putting in some background.

Once again I have nothing to disagree with here.

Perot as President would have been hamstrung from day one, so I agree with you.

But as you said, he set the stage in a political arena that was becoming incredibly stagnant.

As to the Ron Paul part...

I read his platform when he moved over to the republican party and thought... is this man crazy?

So I researched his platform for a few months and became interested in actual politics for the first time in my life.

Then went to the Daily Paul.

Then started a meetup group.

Then watched him lose and watched the incredible bias the media had against him.

So the next time...

I researched what electors actually meant in my state, how the primaries were actually just straw polls and how to play the system.

Others did the same... tens of thousands of people in all different states making sure that the first vote in the next primary would fail, so that the next vote would be all Ron Paul.

I was an elector that in my second vote would vote Ron Paul.

We all were from that state.

For 4 years people did this on a grassroots level.

Everything was in place.

And then the RNC just called it for Romney, who as he left the stage said "If there were any irregularities, the RNC will handle it."

I was NOT a happy camper about that so left politics behind to work on other things in my life.

And yet, when Trump won (I giggled about that too... some liberal reality show host loser who crossed over to Republican beat the Wicked Witch of the West... how is that going to go?) my business life took a huge turn for the better.

I understand how dirty politics are... I've lost thousands of off hours trying to change things that the RNC cheated on.

I don't think that Trump is really going to have too much of an impact on what is coming.

I do think think that Harris is a quicker way to just start over, for all that entails.

And here we are... trying to vote for the lesser evil.

When to quote Ron Paul, voting for the lesser evil is still voting for evil...

edit on 100000008America/Chicago8pmFri, 16 Aug 2024 22:22:24 -050022 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 09:45 PM
link   

So reading comprehension is not your thing.

Noted.

~Pats you on your watermelon head~

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
It might cost a couple bucks (to the enemy, YouToob), but it's SO worth it). IDIOCRACY explains every-thing! It really does!!

Every single thing about this movie (and "Office Space"), explains exactly where we are today.

Idiocracy takes the cake!

Watch it tonight! Seriously!

This is Right Where WE ARE!!

"Brawndo...it's got Electrolytes!

You do know who wrote this and what president Camacho represent? Mike Judge is a Libertarian. If you listen to a Trump speech he has to tell people he is doing an "Intellectual" speech??? It is just sad how he has to talk at a 4th grade level are they really that simple?

Granted it's Friday and the edibles are hitting but

We can discuss Trump's positions but in this race, with Vance on the ticket gives the intelligence edge to the GOP.
with the competition, it isn't exactly difficult to do.

The races very well might come down to the debates

Honestly if you have an IQ of 90 or above you have to be looking at this election as WTF! Plain and simple! If you cannot see that Trump Telgraphs hilariously what is so simplistic I would be amazed. And Harris who voted her in a primary? This is all rigged but yeah you all go ahead think Billionaire has your best interest in mind!

I think you stumbled on the crux of the issue, exactly how many voters have an IQ under 90. Since Healthline say the average is 98 that would mean approximately 45% of Americans are 89 or below last time I checked thier votes were worth the same amount.

Trump can speak off the cuff for hours, which is why we have so much source material. Madame VP doesn't have the output and she is very lackluster herself. They both attended college and should be able to present better than they do.

Which is why it will be a close election, whoever motivates the 89ers has an advantage.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Paul was someone the right took for granted. His grass roots campaign single handedly saved the GOP.

It’s an open secret that the youth don’t vote. The left often claims to have a significant amount of the youth, but in reality it’s at a meme level. Most don’t actually go to the booth.

Paul on the other hand did something no modern candidate has done before him, and secured an impressive youth grass roots base. While they may not have turned to full fledged card carrying GOP members, they’re not opposed to right ideology. I’d even argue Obama used his playbook to garner the young with his hope and change messaging.

I think the misstep of choosing Romney was incredibly telling. He was bound to fail. And the reason is so ironic to me. If you’re aiming towards a base that favors Christianity, the only way you can misstep is finding a flavor that they can’t palate. I don’t personally hold anything against Mormons, they’re decent people. But growing up very religious, it can be deemed as sacrilegious since it claims to be a more current iteration of the New Testament.

That isn’t 4d chess level political calculus either. People were shocked that JFK won as a Catholic, and even Biden winning as one was notable in the current environment.

People forget that a lot of the alliances in the world wars were drawn over Protestant/Catholic/Orthodox. That wasn’t that long ago, and that kind of religious conviction really sways how people think.

Not to mention, Obama care was really Romney care. And I don’t want to take away from Romney, because it was impressive he found something for his state that worked, but just because something works doesn’t mean it can be scaled.
edit on 16-8-2024 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Noted.

It's always a joy when you post

*thunk thunk*

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I have sometimes dismissed your political posts.

I will not make that mistake again.

It was a pleasure talking to you tonight.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Noted.

It's always a joy when you post

*thunk thunk*

I read that and heard it.

Awesome!

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Likewise.

For what it’s worth, one of my very good friends has worked on very prominent campaigns for the right. He’s been in the room of candidates when they won their new title as governor. He works for a really involved PAC now, and him and I always nerd out when we’re together. I truly admire him as a person, and we always have a mentally engaging time when we’re together.

I also have really close friends who had land eminent domained by the pipeline in Appalachia. They’re as far left as you can imagine, and the irony is the governor at the time was a Democrat who had stock in the company able to express such liberties. That had a huge impact since we spent so much time in that area.

I try to look at things issue by issue instead of which side it leans on. I think I’m lucky since half of my family is conservative Christian from Texas (where I’m from), and half Catholic from NY, where we don’t have to guess on the lean.

The NY side is widely misunderstood IMO. They’re just abrasive southerners. They’ll make sure you have an incredible meal, be offended if you aren’t full when you leave, but take every opportunity to bust your balls in the process. If you are lucky enough to go through that hazing, it’s a sign of endearment.

It’s not identity politics. Those attributes don’t necessarily define us. I’ve picked mine, and honestly I lean right for the most part.

The reason we’re so disproportionately dominant is because we’re able to grapple with the global nuance considering we have so many people assimilated in from the globe. Same reason Israel is so powerful, just like France was a global power with their foreign legion. That’s not a statement of open boarders by any stretch, just an acknowledgment that when it’s done right it can be incredibly powerful.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Here at three pages in, I submit that it is not Idiocracy we are witnessing but pure science. Perhaps a well-formed AI program is repeating its performance of the 2020 election, having learned from that election to enhance itself to be a finer degree.

Yes, in 2020, Joe hid in the basement and basically said little to win. But, of course, he did win. The AI deduced that the reverse would also work. If silence could cause a win (when seemingly impossible at the time) then the opposite ploy could also win. The trick being the other side would rest easy (again) thinking they would finally win this election because of the stupid lies and projected wild plans being put out by the Democrats.

The AI knew how the blue folks would vote, and the red folks wouldn't try hard enough to make a rational, continued argument. Yeah. Voting records would be broken, but the AI understood Obama's sing-song that the dems really, really wanted to change things while the conservatives were more complacent with the existing system. The core algorithms of the AI would use every trick in the book, and just maybe not be immune to darker deeds.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

no sh*t was looking for booty juice pic from tropic thunder and THIS was a goooooogle result first page

wildfoxtee.com...

idiocracy was a training film

edit on Fri, 16 Aug 2024 22:51:21 -0500 by JacKatMtn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

My political thoughts are not as nuanced as yours are on the geopolitical spectrum goes and I find that rather fascinating now that I have focused on them.

Mine are from a family that is half Native American and half San Fransisco champagne liberals, so we have a side that is quite wealthy and another side that is heavily into politics on a reservation.

I am rather a fan of the US Constitution though and what it means to citizens.

We, for better or worse, are all in this together now.

And you have a good night because dawn is coming for me and I have stuff to do.

Mundane garden stuff, but it makes me happy.

edit on 100000008America/Chicago8pmFri, 16 Aug 2024 22:56:28 -050056 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Democrats used to be fairly intellectual, almost to the point of being conservative with some of them.
They didn't like this interview but he tried. Respect.

RIP Larry McDonald (D)

posted on Aug, 17 2024 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Yep go ahead and vote her in.
Then see what happens.
I can Guarantee the same old BS that's been happening for the last almost 4 years.

a reply to: JadedGhost

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join