It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Says Civilian Award He Gave To Donor ‘Much Better’ Than Medal Of Honor

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 04:01 AM
link   

“That’s the highest award you can get as a civilian, it’s the equivalent of the Congressional Medal of Honor, but civilian version.”

“It’s actually much better because everyone gets the congressional Medal of Honor, that’s soldiers, they’re either in very bad shape because they’ve been hit so many times by bullets, or they’re dead,” he went on.

“She gets it, and she’s a healthy beautiful woman. And they’re rated equal. But she got the Presidential Medal of Freedom.”

Source

We've all heard the stories over the years about how Trump has no respect for our soldiers.

Going back to before he was President, we have him making comments like how avoiding STDs was his personal Vietnam, a war he got multiple deferments from.

There's his comments towards John McCain about how he doesn't like soldiers that get captured.

There's his comments calling soldiers losers and suckers after refusing to visit Aisne-Marne Cemetary in 2018 that have been verified by multiple sources.

There's him requesting not to have injured soldiers appear in military parades. Or how about him not going to Dover AFB to receive bodies of fallen soldiers because he was berated on his first visit for comments he made?

Let's just say his comments last night are just the latest in a long line of comments disparaging our service members, especially those that make the ultimate sacrifice. Maybe, just maybe, because they're on video plain for all to see, it will convince some of you that Trump doesn't care about virtues like duty or honor. All he cares about is what you can do for him. And in his mind, giving him millions of dollars for his campaign is a more noble thing to do than sacrificing your health and life for your country.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

Right now he seems to be working on convincing more and more of his supporters that he's not the right man for the job. It's fascinating how low the level is in this election campaign anyway, it's all about optics, about who laughs how, it's pretty weird.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Makes sense...she isn't severely wounded and hasn't died in battle to achieve the honor. I would also say it's much better.....how weird are you folks to pick every single little thing apart to support your agenda?

You completely leave out "context" to try and spin the narrative your way.

Children can disseminate this...how pathetic are you?

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 04:39 AM
link   

What a twat of a man.

Imagine being so crass and stupid as to come away with that kind of nonsense and expect the people to lap it up.

Ah well just another nail in the Trump coffin really.

The man's clown shoes.

And going down in flames as we speak.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Asher47

He calls the Presidential Medal more prestigious than the Medal of Honor and further goes on to denigrate the Medal of Honor by saying everyone gets it, which isn't true.

Once again, this isn't an isolated incident. Trump has a long history expressing his contempt for soldiers. And if that doesn't bother you, that's fine. Just don't try to pretend that Trump is pro-military when he's made it clear time and time again that he isn't.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Americans and their medals 😂

Such a panty twist over Donald Trump being kind to a civilian getting a prize.

Poor dumb bastard.

Just out of curiosity, what do the people you served with have to say about DT’s latest offence?
edit on 16-8-2024 by Dalamax because: Generosity brought it back.

edit on 16-8-2024 by Dalamax because: Grammer 🤗

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asher47

Makes sense...she isn't severely wounded and hasn't died in battle to achieve the honor. I would also say it's much better.....how weird are you folks to pick every single little thing apart to support your agenda?

What you are not getting is what everyone is expected to know, as it is just common sense and ingrained in all of us during our upbringing:

Being willing to sacrifice yourself, give your own life for the good of others, that is heroism. Those are the ones to look up to. When he makes fun of such heroes for getting hit by too many bullets, or dying for our country, he is just showing his own level of depravity.

But we all understand why he does it -- he denigrates everything that is better than him. He ran away from service multiple times, so anyone who did serve has to be a sucker or an idiot. They can't be better than he is.

And the reason he is talking up the other medal is in the name - Presidential Medal of Freedom. It doesn't matter one bit which one is more prestigious, it says presidential. It is issued by him. And he considers everything he touches equal to being blessed by god.

He's a putz.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
He calls the Presidential Medal more prestigious than the Medal of Honor ....

I don't think he understands the difference or the award levels.
He hears 'presidential' and automatically thinks it's higher.
He was probably trying to 'talk it up' for the person receiving the award,
and in doing so he 'talked down' the other award.
Part of his "motormouth skills" .... /sarcasm

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 05:09 AM
link   
That was the most laughably biased source and video ever. Trump has always been respectful of and respected by the military. He certainly wouldn't abandon troops in the middle of the night to be left for dead like Biden.

And yeah, he exaggerates everything, and we all know that. It's baked into the cake, nobody cares.

Are you mad that he's honoring a civilian now? And you're coupling that with out-of-context quotes riddled with sidebars calling out every little accusation against him made by obvious TDS physchophants not relevant to the headline?

This is absurdity. We have to save democracy by impeaching (after office), charging (non-crimes), jailing, shooting, and denying votes against Trump to install someone who didn't receive a single vote... Gotcha.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

So if Biden or Harris made the same comment you'd be fine with it? Of course not. You'd be calling them traitors, demanding their impeachment, and being for them to be hanged.

The reason you give Trump a pass is because, deep down, you know he's a horrible person with no morals. You expect more from everyone else while expecting nothing from Trump. You recognize he's a sociopathic monster, but hey, he's your sociopathic monster. So it's all good.

10 years ago this comment would've been enough to sink any campaign. But the GOP's standards have been lowered to Hell thanks to Trump and now it's coming back to bite them in the ass.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 05:41 AM
link   

He was honoring the recipient of an award. I'm not even that big of a Trump fan, but I recognize the absolute corruption happening in front of my face. Therefore, I can see the logical choice for a leader of the nation.

There's action, and there's cherry picking words of the millions Trump has said. What's Harris said? Oh yeah, she won't even talk to the media propping her up.

edit on 16-8-2024 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Most people can honor the recipient of an award without denigrating the recipients of the Medal of Honor.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 05:59 AM
link   

you are going to have to check in to a facility in November. Your poor little head will just pop. You should be sure your last will and testament is updated.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I'm a veteran and completely understand what he's saying.

The vast majority of MOH recipients get awarded it posthumously.

Not being dead is objectively better than being dead.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asher47

2nd!

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

What a twat of a man.

Imagine being so crass and stupid as to come away with that kind of nonsense and expect the people to lap it up.

Ah well just another nail in the Trump coffin really.

The man's clown shoes.

And going down in flames as we speak.

Imagine not seeing ghosts that never existed like some of you folks do for the left extreme gymnastics with a difficulty of 10.

You need this we realize because you can't handle truths.

None so scandalous as a truth in a time full of deceit.

None.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
I'm a veteran and completely understand what he's saying.

The vast majority of MOH recipients get awarded it posthumously.

Not being dead is objectively better than being dead.

And the ones Obama gave out, well some were stomach turning I will say.

Disgusting how it was misused IMHO.

For those who gave their all so we can have freedom, and to their families I give my love and my service to you in any way I can help. May God reward the families of those who have fallen for our freedom with great things to help them for them doing their part to be a light of freedom for all world wide.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Imagine saying something like that about Medal Of Honor winners.

I dont need to realise anything.

Trump justs needs to keep on opening his mouth.

If you cannot see the downward spiral, you're simply not looking.

Anyhoo 82 bottles of beer on the wall, 82 bottles of beer.......
edit on 16-8-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

It's easy to see how Trump is doing without even looking at the polls.

The better he's doing, the more Anti Trump threads get posted.

posted on Aug, 16 2024 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Trump's campaign is spiraling and you think it's a good thing he's saying more and more unhinged #?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join