It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK police commissioner threatens to extradite US citizens over social media posts

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: tamusan

And yet I have seen here where I live several times where DHS and the FBI were turned away by our local Sheriff.

I don't think you understand the concept at the ground level.

Montana has more guns per capita than any other state in America.

Our State doesn't like Federal intervention and our State Constitution specifies that a duly elected County Sheriff has jurisdiction in all matters pertaining to their County.

All matters... County, State and Federal.

Is it sinking in yet?

I'm guessing it won't...

It's called Freedom.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

How about linking to news articles about those instances where your sheriffs have denied the feds taking someone into custody?

I probably have more firearms than you do.

All that's sinking in is that you have not been able to provide even the slightest bit of proof so far that you're not delusional.
edit on 2024 8 13 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 11:55 PM
link   
How did extradition go with Julian Assange's social media posts? There is a big issue of jurisdiction on this one.

So the police feel harmed because someone communicates about a protest. To solve this political issue, threaten everyone in the world that is involved in this political discourse.

All just sounds like a lot of hot wind as the UK police are no longer able to do their job with all the woke government regulations imposed on them. To solve a political issue by pretending it does not exist might work for some that don't have to live with the implications.

So when is CNN getting extradited?
Rioters carry out violent, racist attacks across several British cities. What happened, and what comes next?

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Try this
The Sheriff Has Authority To Deny Federal Agents Access To His County

criminalgovernment.com...

originally posted by: tamusan

How about linking to news articles about those instances where your sheriffs have denied the feds taking someone into custody?

I probably have more firearms than you do.

All that's sinking in is that you have not been able to provide even the slightest bit of proof so far that you're not delusional.

posted on Aug, 14 2024 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: bigginpc

Case No. 96-CV-099, one of the documents they have in your link was settled out of court so of course there was no ruling, no opinion.

The judge in the case said this after that case:

This was a civil case arising out of an alleged entry into an apartment by law enforcement officials in June of 1993. The Plaintiffs, who were staying in the apartment, alleged that the officials violated their civil rights. They filed an action against the United States, unnamed INS agents, Big Horn County, the County Sheriff, and unnamed Sheriff's deputies. The complaint was filed in the Federal District Court for the District of Wyoming in May, 1996. The federal defendants were primarily represented by attorneys with the Constitutional Torts Branch of the Civil Division of the Department of Justice. The County defendants were represented by non-federal attorneys. The case was settled following a settlement conference in 1997. The court did not rule on Plaintiffs' claims or any other legal issues in the case. After the settlement conference, Big Horn County Sheriff, David M. Mattis, issued a "Policy." In the "Policy," the Sheriff purports to impose conditions upon federal law enforcement operations in the County. We have learned that it has been reported, erroneously, that the court made a legal ruling in the Castaneda case regarding the authority of federal law enforcement officials to conduct operations in the County. There was no such ruling or decision. Instead, the court simply granted a motion, submitted jointly by all the parties, to dismiss the case because the parties had settled. This Court has never issued an order which would serve to limit the lawful activities and duties of federal law enforcement officers and other federal employees in the District of Wyoming. Furthermore, this Court has never made the comments attributed to it which purports to advise state officers they can prohibit federal law enforcement officers or agents from entering a Wyoming County. Those alleged quotations are utterly false. Any person who interferes with federal officers in performance of their duties subjects themselves to the risk of criminal prosecution.

I'm sure the rest of that website's interpretations are also not based in reality. Someone should test this by posting whatever it is that will get the British knickers in a wad.

edit on 2024 8 14 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2024 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
Am I understanding this correctly ??

Is he saying they will Extradite American citizens to the UK and punish them in the UK for social media post ?

Has he lost his mind ? What are they putting in the 'Tea' over there ?

Now I'm gonna go on Twitter and just start bashing the UK and see how long it takes Scotland yard to show up at my door
Maybe he forgot we have guns in America ....

The only thing he can try to “extradite” is the collective feet of the American citizens out of his a**.

edit on 14-8-2024 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2024 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Absolutely unbelievable. The UK has gone totally down the drain, all because of PC and the WEF etc, who are enforcing their agenda , part of which is endless immigration from other parts of the world to the west and the west alone.
How can those in favor of this not see how this is pure signs of dictatorship??

posted on Aug, 14 2024 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I dont think, if you want to test this out that you need to bash Britons as a whole on twitter, just Two Tier Kier and his Brit hating cabinet ought to do it.

Anyway, this aint happening, however much the stazi Sorry, the Met police, want it to.

posted on Aug, 14 2024 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Why don't you simply provide a source that says your sheriff can and will stop the U.S. federal government from taking someone into custody.

I live in Montana... a state that has Constitutional sheriffs.

Their power within their county is greater than any Federal authority and even more than the President.

That sounds awfully authoritarian too me. Probably all well and good, unless you upset the sheriff, lol.

posted on Aug, 14 2024 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

I was prepared to simply read this thread and laugh at all the faux outrage over this ridiculous suggestion....but you Sir, you've gone way too far!

England isn’t really known for their cuisine so I’m guessing you’ll lose alot of weight.

How dare anyone from the USA criticise and mock the UK for our culinary fare?
What on earth has the USA offered the world when it comes to 'cuisine' other than cheeseburgers and grits?

And as for those pompous, arrogant French; who cares what they think? They have to drown everything in garlic so that they can stomach their horse meat, snails and frogs legs!

posted on Aug, 14 2024 @ 02:59 AM
link   

For those of you who think your state or local cops will save you. They have nothing to do with it.

The US State Department receives requests for extradition from the UK through the British Embassy in Washington.

After reviewing the request, a State Department attorney determines whether it complies with the 2003 Treaty, which serves as the foundation for extradition between the two governments.

In order to meet the treaty's essential requirement, the British request must contain "such information as would provide a reasonable basis to believe that the person sought committed the offence for which extradition is requested."

Requests sent from the US to the UK are exempt from this restriction.

Whether there is "probable cause" to support the request is another thing the Department of Justice looks into.

The Fourth Amendment of the US Constitution, which prohibits arrests without "probable cause" by the police, serves as the basis for this test. A suspect may only contest the legality of the request after being taken into custody.

The Secretary of State makes the ultimate decision if the request is found to be legitimate, taking into account human rights concerns such whether the suspect might not receive a fair trial or be subjected to cruel treatment.

US/UK Treaty agreement Chatham House PDF

Extradition treaty with UK at Congress.gov

Big star for posting high quality, credible, pertinent info regarding subject.

posted on Aug, 14 2024 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Is he saying they will Extradite American citizens to the UK and punish them in the UK for social media post ?

Now I'm gonna go on Twitter and just start bashing the UK and see how long it takes Scotland yard to show up at my door

Nah it was in reference to British citizens abroad (likely aimed at Tommy Robinson/SYL for skipping court). It needs to be an offence in both countries to come under the US-UK extradition treaty.

The US wont even extradite or jail US citizens who have murdered UK citizens by driving on the wrong side of the road then fled the UK so there's no chance of being punished for this.

A few US outlets falsely claimed he was talking about US citizens for clickbait purposes when he never talked about the subject or country in the interview.
edit on 14-8-2024 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2024 @ 04:39 AM
link   

a reply to: StoutBroux

nd just like Venezuela and several other countries, their corruptness gets too big, too powerful to just 'vote' them out and then you get civil chaos.

Venezuela seems fine enough for President Trump:Donald Trump Says He Will Go to Venezuela if He Loses Election

Now why does Trump feel he and Elon would fit right in there? lol

posted on Aug, 14 2024 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Vermilion

I was prepared to simply read this thread and laugh at all the faux outrage over this ridiculous suggestion....but you Sir, you've gone way too far!

England isn’t really known for their cuisine so I’m guessing you’ll lose alot of weight.

How dare anyone from the USA criticise and mock the UK for our culinary fare?
What on earth has the USA offered the world when it comes to 'cuisine' other than cheeseburgers and grits?

And as for those pompous, arrogant French; who cares what they think? They have to drown everything in garlic so that they can stomach their horse meat, snails and frogs legs!

They obviously haven't watched the Backyard Chef.

Anyway, Elon needs to take advice from Starmer on this one.

Starmer’s spokesperson said there was "no justification" for Musk’s comments, adding that social media companies "can and should be doing" more to combat misinformation, the BBC reported. He added that such companies "have a responsibility" to stop the spread of criminal activity and limit misinformation.

edit on q00000044831America/Chicago5050America/Chicago8 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2024 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
As a senior on limited income the day may come when I cn no longer afford a home-especially if H & K become the new administration.

How well do they treat you in UK jails?

When their prison hulks get to overflowing they transport you to paradise. At least they used to, maybe the times have adjusted in the winds of change?

posted on Aug, 14 2024 @ 05:07 AM
link   

yea coz guns solve everything

posted on Aug, 14 2024 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

yea coz guns solve everything
come get mine. FAFO.

posted on Aug, 14 2024 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

Nah it was in reference to British citizens abroad (likely aimed at Tommy Robinson/SYL for skipping court). It needs to be an offence in both countries to come under the US-UK extradition treaty.

The US wont even extradite or jail US citizens who have murdered UK citizens by driving on the wrong side of the road then fled the UK so there's no chance of being punished for this.

A few US outlets falsely claimed he was talking about US citizens for clickbait purposes when he never talked about the subject or country in the interview.

Thank you for the Clarification .

posted on Aug, 14 2024 @ 10:03 AM
link   
They let immigrants destroy things and rape their women in Britain but want to jail people in other countries for words?

The crown has sure came a long way from the days of controlling half of the world.

posted on Aug, 14 2024 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Don't worry. No one is talking about US citizens.

It's fake news.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join