It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fire at a power plant in Ukraine

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir
Apparently you don't know an extraordinary claim when you see one.
The extraordinary claim is that a hollow tube made of mostly concrete is on fire.

Fact: Concrete doesn't burn like that.
Conclusion: Something else is on fire, not the cooling tower.

The Russians control the plant so a staged fire is staged by those controlling the plant.
I haven't seen 100% confirmation that it's some old tires on fire, however, having seen other tire fires, I can say the black smoke does appear to be similar to other tire fires. If you've got any other explanation, feel free to present it.

By the way, there's nothing significantly radioactive in the cooling tower, so the worry about radiation in this thread seems misplaced, but I think Putin is counting on some people's ignorance of nuclear plants if he's somehow behind this event which I suspect he is.

edit on 2024812 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
Apparently you don't know an extraordinary claim when you see one.
The extraordinary claim is that a hollow tube made of mostly concrete is on fire.

Fact: Concrete doesn't burn like that.
Conclusion: Something else is on fire, not the cooling tower.

The Russians control the plant so a staged fire is staged by those controlling the plant.
I haven't seen 100% confirmation that it's some old tires on fire, however, having seen other tire fires, I can say the black smoke does appear to be similar to other tire fires. If you've got any other explanation, feel free to present it.

By the way, there's nothing significantly radioactive in the cooling tower, so the worry about radiation in this thread seems misplaced, but I think Putin is counting on some people's ignorance of nuclear plants if he's somehow behind this event which I suspect he is.

Ummm...IAEA determines no fire at base of cooling tower

The IAEA said damage was most likely concentrated on the interior of the tower at the water nozzle distribution level, at roughly 10 metres (33 ft) high.

So no burning tires...Swami...

According to the IAEA...it's a..."conundrum...wrapped in an enigma"...

Apparently those extraordinary claims...still require extraordinary proof...

YouSir

posted on Aug, 12 2024 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
Apparently those extraordinary claims...still require extraordinary proof...
What extraordinary claims?

Extraordinary would be something like you saying you got abducted by aliens or something, when we don't even know if there are aliens visiting earth. This is not an extraordinary claim:

Fire Hits Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Plant, But Officials Say Safety Not Compromised

Ukrainian officials said there was unofficial information that Russian forces had set fire to a large number of automobile tires in the cooling towers.

If you think that's an extraordinary claim, you need to do more research to learn what an extraordinary claim is, because that's not one. It might be wrong, and it wasn't even presented as confirmed factual. On the contrary, they cautioned it may not be factual by referring to "unofficial information". But tires can burn, so if someone says maybe the Russians set fire to some tires, there's nothing extraordinary about that claim, even if it's wrong.

It's like if you said you ate breakfast this morning, and people believed you without any proof, then you said haha fooled you, I didn't really eat breakfast, there was never anything extraordinary about that claim, people eat breakfast all the time so they don't require any proof of that. In this case, Russia creates ridiculous propaganda all the time, and the proof of that is abundant, so a claim that Russia is pulling more propaganda stunts would hardly be extraordinary. Russian propaganda is quite ordinary.

In any case, the IAEA is going to have to better than "the fire is a complete mystery", but I don't know how much freedom the Russians are giving them to investigate. For example, are they being allowed to interview the Russian firemen who might have seen what was actually burning? Are they going to be able to collect samples of the fire debris/ashes to have them analyzed? It should be done but that article is very short on details about how the investigation is proceeding or what access IAEA investigators have.

edit on 2024812 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
So, basically the plant was shut down a while back? How do we know the Russians started that fire? Because the ukrainians said so....

I can't believe anything the Russians or Ukrainians say, they are both trying to blame each other for stuff. We hear the propaganda from Ukraine, but little of what Russia says occurred...and as Americans, we are only supposed to believe in Ukraine's propaganda or we are in cahoots with Russia.

Exactly Americans are only supposed to believe what Ukrainians say, the main stream media only covers everything in favor of Ukraine the same way they are doing it with Kamala. Heck Kamala is even on Time magazine now "her moment" it is.

Thankfully more and more Americans see right through the Ukrainian propaganda and aren't believing everything they say even though the US mainstream tells us too. I've even noticed a couple main stream media clowns are no longer wearing their Ukraine pins that they used to wear everyday and aren't talking about Ukraine much anymore either

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Extraordinary claims? You mean like your claim that this was caused by a Ukrainian drone?

I look forward to your extraordinary proof for that.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

In any case, the IAEA is going to have to better than "the fire is a complete mystery", but I don't know how much freedom the Russians are giving them to investigate. For example, are they being allowed to interview the Russian firemen who might have seen what was actually burning? Are they going to be able to collect samples of the fire debris/ashes to have them analyzed? It should be done but that article is very short on details about how the investigation is proceeding or what access IAEA investigators have.

Ummm...How the hell would I know...?

And how the hell would...you...know that they weren't provided any and all of those...?

You're just running on assumptions...that's all you've got...

But we do know that it wasn't tires burning...now...don't we...We also know that whatever caused the fire was 10 meters above the ground...almost as if a drone...laden with...say...a napalm canister with an explosive warhead...impacted the interior at that height as it spiraled in from the open top of the cooling tower...hence causing a fire...and thick black smoke...at ten meters above the ground...

That's my personal...assumption...and a probable explanation...

BTW...my original comment was directed to all those in the thread that were claiming it was caused by Russia setting fire to tires...and not that copy of the Ukrainian Babylon Bee...you pulled out of your ass hat...

"Shall we...play a game"...

YouSir

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 11:01 AM
link   

"But we do know that it wasn't tires burning...now...don't we...We also know that whatever caused the fire was 10 meters above the ground...almost as if a drone...laden with...say...a napalm canister with an explosive warhead...impacted the interior at that height as it spiraled in from the open top of the cooling tower...hence causing a fire...and thick black smoke...at ten meters above the ground..."

Well, extraordinary claims and all that?

May I ask, what would Ukraine gain by attacking a disused concrete cooling tower?
edit on 13-8-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Extraordinary claims? You mean like your claim that this was caused by a Ukrainian drone?

I look forward to your extraordinary proof for that.

Ummm...that's all you can do...is look forward...cause hindsight is certainly not one of your virtues...

You were the one claiming Russia was using the cooling tower as an old tire incinerator...

Source your claim...prove your point...

Oh...wait...I already threw water all over your dumpster fire line of commentary...by providing the IAEA's summery of the incident...and all you've got is that ashen look on your face...

Do tell...

YouSir

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Well, have a look here:

news.sky.com...

"The invasion plan reportedly detailed plots to capture Ukraine's nuclear power plants in order to shelter Russian troops, gain control over the country's energy system, and potentially blackmail European countries with the risk of radiation pollution."
"

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 11:08 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 11:19 AM
link   

May I ask, what would Ukraine gain by attacking a disused concrete cooling tower?

Ummm...again...how the hell would I know...

Probably the same retard's that think it's a good idea to continue shoveling boys and old men into the trenches of daily Russian advances and territorial gains...

What would Ukraine possibly gain by that...?

It's way past time for all of you Zelensky groupies to wake up and smell the burning bodies...and climb out of that fever dream that...any day now...the west is going to win their proxy war...

That ship has sailed...it's effing well below the horizon...it isn't ever going to happen...ever...

So...Miss Carp...what's your professional...enlightened...and ever so eloquent recommendation to the warmongers who just want to keep the meat grinder rolling...toward Kiev...?

YouSir

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 11:22 AM
link   

From the Reuters source:

"The team has not been able to draw definitive conclusions (on the cause of fire) on the basis of the findings and observations so far," the agency said."

That is what the IAEA said.

Pretty vague, no?

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Sorry, if you cannot engage in a discussion in a polite manner without resorting to snarky childish insults?

Anything to say about those invasion plans involving nuclear plants?

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Well, have a look here:

news.sky.com...

"The invasion plan reportedly detailed plots to capture Ukraine's nuclear power plants in order to shelter Russian troops, gain control over the country's energy system, and potentially blackmail European countries with the risk of radiation pollution."
"

Ummm...again with the extraordinary claims...from the British version of the Babylon Bee...

Do tell...

YouSir

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Sorry, if you cannot engage in a discussion in a polite manner without resorting to snarky childish insults?

I'd hate to see you engage in hypocrisy.....

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 11:34 AM
link   

The claims seem to have actually happened?

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Ummm...I do apologize...really I do...

In my defense...I'm suffering from covid at the moment that's threatening to morph into pneumonia...while waiting on UPS to deliver some paxlovid anti viral meds...

Also...it's threatening to wreck my travel plans...see...I'm all set to fly out to California in a couple weeks and close the deal on a sweet 40 ft sailboat...

Hence the snark...

It's highly frustrating...

YouSir

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 11:46 AM
link   

"So...Miss Carp...what's your professional...enlightened...and ever so eloquent recommendation to the warmongers who just want to keep the meat grinder rolling...toward Kiev...?"

That description would seem to describe Putin.

I don't have any "professional" recommendation, obviously, but my personal recommendation to Putin would simply be, stop your War, please?

"Miss"?

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Apology accepted.

Hope you feel better, soon.

Good luck with the boat.

posted on Aug, 13 2024 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Apology accepted.

Hope you feel better, soon.

Good luck with the boat.

Thank you...I do use snark and sarcasm allot on this site...certainly not my most redeeming qualities...or contributions...

YouSir

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join