It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump will hold a news conference in his first public appearance since rival Harris picked Walz

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:31 PM
link   

He had teased an announcement about the presidential debate earlier this week after pulling out of an ABC News debate scheduled for Sept. 10. Trump had said he would prefer that Fox News sponsor the debate, but on Wednesday was showing willingness to reconsider ABC.

Trump is doing everything he can to reach voters and call out Kamala and democrats for their policy and strategy

Donald Trump and JD Vance are answering all the questions and making themselves available at every stop while Kamala and her new sidekick Tim Walz are ducking accountability on their records and are refusing to make the case for their policy stances, policy stances which have yet to be established outside of press releases.

That leads us to today at 2pm at Mar-a-Lago, the southern Whitehouse, where Trump is expected to challenge Kamala, the msm and the political system both he and JD Vance are up against. I expect Trump will, as he did with Joe Biden, Trump will challenge Kamala to a debate and will not quibble over details. Is this strategy working for Trump or would the Trump/Vance campaign be better off just doing rally's and staying away from the media altogether like the democrat ticket of Harris/Walz? Trump did knock Joe Biden out of the presidential race after the first and only debate using this strategy so will it work with Kamala? Will we get a response from Kamala or just another press release from the Harris/Walz campaign?
you can watch it here

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

Glad to see Trump out in front.

If Kamala had a winning strategy, she would have
made an appearance by now, but she is still hiding
and the media only releases two sentence sound
bites.

No one wants a mouthful of rotting word salad
when they can have hope for a fresh economy.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:35 PM
link   
The Democrat VP candidates who are smarter than Kamala turned her down, or were turned away, due to her ego.

Leaving this radical liar: www.breitbart.com...

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: fringeofthefringe

He had teased an announcement about the presidential debate earlier this week after pulling out of an ABC News debate scheduled for Sept. 10. Trump had said he would prefer that Fox News sponsor the debate, but on Wednesday was showing willingness to reconsider ABC.

Trump is doing everything he can to reach voters and call out Kamala and democrats for their policy and strategy

Donald Trump and JD Vance are answering all the questions and making themselves available at every stop while Kamala and her new sidekick Tim Walz are ducking accountability on their records and are refusing to make the case for their policy stances, policy stances which have yet to be established outside of press releases.

That leads us to today at 2pm at Mar-a-Lago, the southern Whitehouse, where Trump is expected to challenge Kamala, the msm and the political system both he and JD Vance are up against. I expect Trump will, as he did with Joe Biden, Trump will challenge Kamala to a debate and will not quibble over details. Is this strategy working for Trump or would the Trump/Vance campaign be better off just doing rally's and staying away from the media altogether like the democrat ticket of Harris/Walz? Trump did knock Joe Biden out of the presidential race after the first and only debate using this strategy so will it work with Kamala? Will we get a response from Kamala or just another press release from the Harris/Walz campaign?

you can watch it here

In my estimation, Trump needs to be brief and hit on the flaws and failures of Harris and Walz in the beginning with bullet points but the meat of his speaking needs to be on what the Trump/Vance ticket will focus on, and what they are up against, and the positives

He needs to make his points firmly but keep the length to 30 minutes anything else people lose interest

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Harris has answered no questions since Biden was forced out and endorsed her, back on July 21st..

Trump said he would do a “general news conference” Thursday at 2 p.m. EDT, and he attacked Harris for the lack of interviews she’s done since being elevated to the top of the Democratic ticket following President Biden’s decision not to seek reelection.

“Kamala refuses to do interviews because her team realizes she is unable to answer questions, much like Biden was not able to answer questions, but for different reasons,” Trump posted on Truth Social. “He is just plain ‘shot,’ and she is just plain ‘Incompetent.’”
www.ktsm.com...
😎

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

If Kamala had a winning strategy, she would have made an appearance by now, but she is still hiding and the media only releases two sentence sound bites.

I don’t think what she’s doing is fair to the voters, but so far things seem to have been working in her favor.

Polls aside since they’re often wrong, betting odds are now at even money or give her a small favor. That’s people speaking with money, not a 200 person poll where we don’t know the sample.

Even when she picks her policies, I personally won’t trust that they’re genuine. They’re probably going through focus groups to try and figure out what they can say they’ll do to attract the most voters. But I wonder how they’ll do with people who truly are swing voters.

So far, Trump at least lists his policies on his website. But I’m not sure independents really have a good idea of what they are. A lot of the times when he talks, he’s just saying that he will make the economy better, or attacks his opponents. I’m not sure that really resonates with people.

Usually the candidates who do best are ones who can express how they’re going to do things, not what they’re going to do.

But I suppose we will see.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Harris has answered no questions since Biden was forced out and endorsed her, back on July 21st.

a reply to: WeMustCare

I don't know which is worse, a democrat candidate for the highest office not talking policy or the media not pushing and forcing Kamala and now Tim to answer tough questions we all have. Let's see if Trump can put enough pressure on Kamala and force her out.

edit on 8-8-2024 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:46 PM
link   
They spent what? ten days coaching Biden for the debate. If they spend that much time coaching Kamal and the venue leaks the questions to only her and makes sure they're all softball, I think she'll do pretty good. Her memory isn't total mush, like Bidens-as long as she's got someone doing her thinking and telling her what to say.

They've done a pretty good job on cleaning up her very unlikable image so far, but it's going to be a little more difficult to clean up her performance as VP. I expect at some point we'll be hearing how she disagreed with Biden on critical issues and throw him a little deeper under the bus.

I hope Biden enjoys the rest of his time here on earth in the comfort of his basement and I hope his nanny/wife and everyone that used him get what's coming to them tenfold.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Trump has a winning strategy when it comes to
the economy, he should highlight his record.

He made good things happen!
www.gisreportsonline.com...

Kamala has to hide from her disastrous statements in the past
and try and explain why she doesn't stand by them any longer.

edit on 8-8-2024 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: fringeofthefringe

you can watch it here

In my estimation, Trump needs to be brief and hit on the flaws and failures of Harris and Walz in the beginning with bullet points but the meat of his speaking needs to be on what the Trump/Vance ticket will focus on, and what they are up against, and the positives

He needs to make his points firmly but keep the length to 30 minutes anything else people lose interest

Agree. He should give Tulsi a call and trade strategies. Tulsi had Kamala visibly shook and left her practically speechless. It was glorious.

It's really all Trump has to do is stay away from direct name calling and just stick to the hard cold truths, and more importantly, expose the sea of lies she's wrapped herself in.

We know all the names she's been given, he just has to negate the names and stick to WHY she is referred to in that manner.

edit on 8-8-2024 by VariedcodeSole because: eta

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:56 PM
link   
trump needs to show his macho side and shred Kamalaaaa and Waltzzzz. No Mercey!!! Swift boat em!!!
edit on 8-8-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 12:56 PM
link   

If Kamala had a winning strategy, she would have
made an appearance by now, but she is still hiding
and the media only releases two sentence sound
bites.

a reply to: burntheships

The democrats deliver one scam after another. She recieved less than 1 percent of votes in the 2020 democrat presidential primary, just a few weeks ago it was widely reported by the msm that Kamala was a drag on the Biden re-election campaign and now she is a fresh of breathe air, best thing since sliced bread. Where does the insanity end? How can democrat party voters go along with this ruse? I gotta wonder about these polls because it's just not making any sense. The media is putting together one pysop after another. The polling we are seeing makes as much sense as the Secret Service, none.
edit on 8-8-2024 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: putnam6

Trump has a winning strategy when it comes to
the economy, he should highlight his record.

He made good things happen!
www.gisreportsonline.com...

Kamala has to hide from her disastrous statements in the past
and try and explain why she doesn't stand by them any longer.

Just saw an ad Trump dropped on Twitter that highlighted all the positives for his first term, it was very well done

I'll see if I can find a link...

x.com...

x.com...
edit on p000000318pm086 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 01:12 PM
link   
He seems very reserved... good message so far

3 debates in September Fox NBC and ABC if Harris/Walz agree
edit on p000000318pm086 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 01:12 PM
link   
He's on now - here's another link

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Maybe it's due to the last minute nature of this but the lectern that's being used is branded with the MAL logo instead of the Trump campaign logo. This is probably the first time that's been used by Trump in 9 years.

Could be nothing or could be indicative of a shakeup in the campaign.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
He seems very reserved... good message so far

Trump is subtely pleading to Americans to think this through, a vote for Harris/Waltz takes this country down a dark path that we may not be able to come back from.

link   

How can democrat party voters go along with this ruse? I gotta wonder about these polls because it's just not making any sense.

Anyone would do better than Biden.

I think we would have seen a record low voter turnout for the left if he had stayed in.

She not a good candidate by any stretch, but she seems to be enough to have made the left feel like they had a chance. Trump took some bait along the way, and here we are at what appears to be a tie.

Doesn’t have to be, I think Trump got cocky and he could still turn it around. But a lot of the undecided voters are fickle and apathetic. Some of them are just going to vote on vibes and who they “like”.

Doesn’t matter if you and I find that silly. Part of this is a popularity contest unfortunately.

link   
If he sticks to policy he will be okay.

He could win this whole thing if he sticks to policy discussions.

If he goes off topic and rambles and bloviate, he'll blow it.

He is capable of both.

We will see which Trump shows up.

posted on Aug, 8 2024 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Even when she picks her policies, I personally won’t trust that they’re genuine.

Yep, that and as you said, probably just focus groups for
now seeing if anything will stick. Expect nothing short of her
Marxist ideals of the past as her agenda if she were to
win though.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join