It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No More Olympics For Me...Italian Boxer Quits Bout.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+40 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Seeing this ladies pictures this morning, on her knees, crying...
She is just devistated.

She worked so hard.
Trained for years.
Only to have to get into the ring, with a person, that was born a man.
Physically different.

How can they have allowed this to happen?
Boxer Quits Bout

What if she had stayed in, and been really hurt? Doesn't seem like she would have had any recourse if so, because she would have stayed in.
Heartbreaking really.
Should not have happened, in my opinion, and I hope they (everyone that allowed this) suffer greatly for allowing Imane Khelif to box in the womens division.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

I posted this over on DI, but I'll post it here also. It concerns the Olympics, their attitude and the opening ceremonies. The competitions illustrate the same philosophies as the opening ceremonies. This is intentional, and it's wrong in my opinion. If folks truly wanted equality, then they would create separate competition classes for trans athletes. They don't want that. What they want is conflict, and the opening ceremonies set the stage for exactly this. Post as follows...

First off, I don't have an issue with anyone who is a member of the LBGTQ+ community. I only ask that they, like everyone else, stay in their lane as it relates to their sexual identity. In other words, don't push your sexual preferences on me, just like I don't push my sexual preferences on anyone else. I have a BIL who is gay (great guy). My employer, my boss, is gay. I have an employee (an Engineer) who is a lesbian non-binary. All great people whom I associate with on a daily basis, and whom are welcome in my home, at my table, any time. I am honored to have them as colleagues and friends.

In the same breath, I have to say it is now clear to me that the larger LBGTQ+ community at large is not really interested in equality and/or acceptance. More specifically, the LBGTQ+ community allows themselves to be represented by people who want not equality and peace, but rather the exact opposite. They want division and conflict.

So, what am I talking about here? Well, today I am talking about the recent opening ceremony for the Summer Olympic Games in Paris, France, and in particular the mockery made of the Biblical Last Supper by a group of Trans peoples. Unless the promoters, and the participants themselves, and their leadership, are completely blind to world demographics, there are about 2.4 billion Christians on this planet (yes, billion). Christians are not the only religion, but there are still a sizable number of Christians on planet Earth. In just about ANY religion, it is considered blasphemy to mock the founding elements of that respective faith. Had such a ceremony mocked Muhammad, Allah and the founding elements of Islam, there would be riots and attacks going on. Christians don't operate that way, but it doesn't diminish the significance of what took place. Bottom line...this was very misguided and wrong.

This makes it clear to me that the world leadership of the LGBTQ+ community isn't interested in equality, no, what they really want is attention and conflict. Did the organizers of this event not even bother to think about the outrage over such a ceremony mocking the Christian Last Supper?? Did the leadership of the LGBTQ+ community not even bother to think about the outrage they would receive from the Christian community over such an event?? Did they not even bother to think that many of their own membership belongs to these larger communities?? Apparently not.

People who demand equality talk about breaking down obstacles and barriers which they believe separate them from the rest of society. This is the definition of equality. When a person or group demands these things (which they should), they are also demanding these walls, barriers and separations be dismantled. When you have a ceremony in front of the biggest audience on planet Earth which openly mocks Jesus' Last Supper depiction by the famous artist Leonardo de Vinci you are not dismantling barriers, you are making them bigger. People who condone these events are building walls and barriers, not tearing them down. In fact, quite the opposite. They are creating division, not removing it.

There are those who will argue this event was just some light-hearted 'parody', but anyone who says this fails to recognize that something of this nature may be deeply offensive to other people who do not find the humor in such things. This failure to recognize is the definition of hypocrisy. It is an open invitation for division, the exact opposite of equality.

In my heart of hearts, I would love to believe that the opening ceremony in Paris was not representative of the LGBTQ+ community, but how can I believe this when the leadership of this world community were so insensitive to allow something like this to be put on stage, in front of the World, during the one event the entire World watches? No other event brings the world together like the International Olympic Games does. So, their answer was clear...they didn't care. What this suggests to me is, they don't want equality...they want conflict, and they want attention. And, when they don't get it at the Olympics, they will attempt to get it somewhere else...forever. I stand willing and receptive to being proven wrong.

There is no argument to say, "Well, I'm LGBTQ+, and I didn't support this!" Why then, did you allow your leadership to condone this?

Sure, we can write all of this off by saying..."Get over it, it's just the goofy Olympics, and they're already nutty!" Yes, we could dismiss it in this way, but it begs another issue...and in my opinion, this is the real underpinning issue, and it's the issue of trans athletes competing in the Olympics. After all, isn't this the real underlying motivation for the Trans Last Supper performance??

Okay, I have no issue with trans athletes competing in the Olympics IF they are given their own class to compete in. Create a "TRANS" class of competition. Fine! Done. Trans athletes are allowed to compete in every class of competition EXCEPT women's classes. They can compete in men's, or Trans' classes (regardless of their birth sex). At the end of the day, the trans element of the overall population of any group, state, or country is down in the single digits percentage wise, but they want their voices to be heard above all others, because why? Because they demand...equality.

That's not how you go about getting equality. And, they've taken over as the spokespeople for the LGBTQ+ community.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

Edit - In many segments of Islam, Islamic law metes out the death penalty for anyone who mocks Muhammad, Allah, and/or the Quran...regardless of how innocent the intent may have been. It doesn't matter.

edit on 8/1/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Jebus H.!!!!

So, I wanted to do some more digging into this, and did a search:
Imane Khelif born a male.

Well, first of all good luck finding much, except articles praising "Her".

Then I glance over to the A.I. Box Copilot
This is the freaking response I got:

Response stopped
Sent by Copilot:
I apologize, but I don’t think I can continue this conversation. Thank you for understanding.🙏

WTH!!!!! Who "stopped the response"?
edit on 1-8-2024 by chiefsmom because: addition

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I think I watched a FTM tranz against a fairly low ranked biological male boxer. It lasted about 10 seconds. Its insanity to ignore biology and facts and lump these people in with biologicals. They may 'identify' with being a particular gender but their bodies are for the most part what they were born as. They can 'wish it so' all they want but in the end, they are what God made them.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Yeah, I'm quite angry about this. What will it take for things to change with the IOC... a serious injury or death? If the International Boxing Association excluded him, then why can't the IOC align itself with that decision or policy.

Look out for the Chinese LIN Yu Ting in the Women's 57kg matches... another dude who thinks he's a lady..., but neither look like ladies to me...

edit on 1/8/2024 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The solution to this problem is counterintuitive: more trannies. Lots more.
When only men are competing against men in women’s sports this charade will be over.

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Oh, and here's what Mexican boxer, Brianda Tamara, said about Khelif...

Brianda Tamara, a female boxer who faced Khelif in Mexico in 2022, said on social media she had a harrowing experience in the ring with Khelif.

“When I fought with her I felt very out of my reach, her blows hurt me a lot, I don't think I had ever felt like that in my 13 years as a boxer, nor in my sparring with men,” she wrote via X. “Thank God that day I got out of the ring safely, and it's good that they finally realized.”

Source

The dude's got form.

edit on 1/8/2024 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 10:54 AM
link   
South Park does it again...

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Yeah, I saw there was another one.

It's looking like the committee is catching some serious flack over this match, as well they should.

I wonder if the other boxers will not fight these 2?
Doesn't seem safe to do so.

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Men like Khelif will get their comeuppance in good time. Someone will get ahold of him outside the ring and bare-knuckle pummel him like the bitch he is. Gentlemen dont like men beating women. They will however set aside their gentleness long enough to drop someone like that

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Myhandle
The solution to this problem is counterintuitive: more trannies. Lots more.
When only men are competing against men in women’s sports this charade will be over.

You know that won't work. The trans athletes will just be competing with the ones they are now avoiding in the men's sports. There will be no advantage any more..... Oh, I see. You have a very good point there.

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 11:58 AM
link   
So the boxer, Imane Khelif said:
"I'm here for the gold - I fight everyone" After this match.

Great. So the "born" females are damned if they do, damned if they don't.
They get in the ring, and they could be severely hurt.
They don't get in the ring, and "she" gets the gold by default.

And for some reason, I don't think "she" would care if they didn't fight her.

So unfair.
edit on 1-8-2024 by chiefsmom because: Clarification

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 12:24 PM
link   

That shows their arrogance and self entitlement.

Just like with everything else they are involved with, including their expectations of society, it’s all about them.

We’re expected to change our paradigm and buy into the retarded new science, some fools just follow along.

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I think serious questions need to be asked as to why this was allowed to go ahead.

The Algerian boxer was disqualified from the world championships in Delhi last year alongside Taiwan's Lin Yu-ting after the International Boxing Association (IBA) said a test found "both athletesdid not meet the required necessary eligibility criteria".

The IBA said the fighters "did not undergo a testosterone examination but were subject to a separate and recognised test, whereby the specifics remain confidential".

And that's in the spirit of the games ... Seriously ?
edit on 1-8-2024 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I completely agree.
I was reading also, that Khelif was disqualified from a world championship competition for testosterone levels.
But I read that "Boxing" has its own regulatory board, so they went with their decision for the Olympics.

Why was it not the same then, for the world championship?
So really, this is just not right.

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Let's all sit back...and watch this young lady with the 5 o'clock shadow GRAB THAT GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 01:46 PM
link   

The Olympics have been a POS since at least the Seoul games back in the last century.

This is the latest outrage. What a disgrace and such a crappy way to handle athletes like the woman you mentioned.

Crazy.

Cheers

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 02:00 PM
link   
This just shows that Progressives are A-OK with men beating women.

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Out of curiosity, does women's boxing have a rule against below-the-belt punches?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join