It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be aware of this false narrative. They will scrub the internet but the proof is here.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Here are the receipts...

Almost everybody knows that in the past 40 years, the real wages and job prospects for low-skilled men, especially low-skilled minority workers, have fallen. And there is evidence -- although no consensus -- that a rising tide of immigration is partly to blame. Now, a new NBER study suggests that immigration has more far-reaching consequences than merely depressing wages and lowering employment rates of low-skilled African-American males: its effects also appear to push some would-be workers into crime and, later, into prison.

They will try to scrub anything that proves Trump's assertion.

I made this OP to get ahead of the incoming barrage of "black jobs?". What are black jobs? Just to keep it real lets say black jobs are predominantly lower skilled and lower wages. Now that doesn't sound very nice and yes there are many very smart high earning black people but they are not the norm. The biggest problem is the absurdly high number of black children who grow up without a dad in the household, but I digress. The point is that illegal immigration and open borders will no doubt have the most negative impact on black jobs compared to any other demographic. Now when the msm tries to paint Trump as mean ugly racist you can see that he is right.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

It's easy to find death of Americans caused by illegal aliens invited into the country by Biden Harris.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Besides the fact that your source is 24 years old. Times have changed, the opportunities for black workers has changed and many are upward as well.

How do you think this relates to the nearest all time low unemployment for black people at 4.8% this year. I mean if all of these immigrants Joe let in for 3 years are taking all the "black jobs". Is it possible that all low skilled positions are not only "black jobs" but "white jobs" too?

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

Besides the fact that your source is 24 years old. Times have changed, the opportunities for black workers has changed and many are upward as well.

How do you think this relates to the nearest all time low unemployment for black people at 4.8% this year. I mean if all of these immigrants Joe let in for 3 years are taking all the "black jobs". Is it possible that all low skilled positions are not only "black jobs" but "white jobs" too?

Star for you for joining in the conversation, now to your point- there is more supporting statistics out there. Your not implying that the illegal migrants aren't competing for lower wage jobs today are you? Yes many whites have low wage jobs too but Trump was invited to speak to a black audience so his focus was blacks and how a Trump presidency would be better economically to blacks. Had Trump been invited to speak to a hispanic audience then he would have focused on the impact on hispanics.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 04:18 PM
link   

He said the "black job" thing well before he was ever asked there, he never once mentioned white jobs or hispanic jobs. And I have to say, if you look at what black people are saying, they were offended.

I didn't say they were not taking any jobs, they could be taking every race of jobs.

However I posted a link here before about super red Sibley Iowa farmers who rely only on undocumented help. They cannot pay any U.S. citizen the wages they pay them and state their farms would fail if they did so. Although they still support Trump they hate his stance on migrants. We know migrant workers often do the agricultural jobs no one in the U.S wants to do, nor can farmers pay them a U.S. wage to do. I've also posted without identifying the company of a business owner I know of personally who hired workers that obviously had fake papers because he could not get black or white workers to accept 10 bucks an hour for physically demanding work. My daughter worked there on the administrative side, which of course paid them 80g a year. Again, food related business.

You say it would be better, however black people see the candidate dine with White Supremacists, call out only them as unskilled workers, tell women of Congress(U.S. citizens) to go back to where they come from and recently vow to ban any police officer in the U.S. from being prosecuted and the next week some horrific one shoots a black woman in the face who only called about an intruder, and his partners body cam footage was so bad that he's charged with 1st degree murder.

I'm sorry, I just do not see his support rising substantially and that comment that he keeps repeating is not helping. People of color, both black and Hispanic are mocking him relentlessly over it.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: fringeofthefringe

Star for you for joining in the conversation, now to your point- there is more supporting statistics out there. Your not implying that the illegal migrants aren't competing for lower wage jobs today are you? Yes many whites have low wage jobs too but Trump was invited to speak to a black audience so his focus was blacks and how a Trump presidency would be better economically to blacks. Had Trump been invited to speak to a hispanic audience then he would have focused on the impact on hispanics.

People who migrate into the country--whether legally or illegally--and then get jobs here, not only compete for jobs here, they also create more jobs here, if they are allowed to participate in the economy. If you get a job here, you are buying food, gas, a car, clothing, a phone, paying rent, etc., etc. That economic activity creates jobs.

The number of jobs in the country is not fixed at a certain number.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

Hmm, lets see if your math is correct.

1+1-1=3 is what you're proposing.

Nope, doesn't add up....go figure.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

People who migrate into the country--whether legally or illegally--and then get jobs here, not only compete for jobs here, they also create more jobs here, if they are allowed to participate in the economy. If you get a job here, you are buying food, gas, a car, clothing, a phone, paying rent, etc., etc. That economic activity creates jobs.

They are also lowering wages, overburdening our schools, hospitals and are not assimulating. Immigration needs to be done legally and orderly. We cannot have open borders and a non stop flow of wonderful people who want to take our low wage jobs and go to our public schools not speaK english. Not to mention the Biden open borders is flying, busing them across the country paying there hotel bills food bills and monthly stipend. This over arching idea at how they make our economy better is billschiit, they lower wages. The communities and big cities are having an awful time dealing with this. If you are in the USA you should see this everyday. Rapes, molestation of children, human/sex trafficking, drugs and murder come with the open borders too. We cannot do this and Trump is the only one willing to say he will stop it and they will be deported. The majority of Americans want what Trump is saying he'll do.
edit on 31-7-2024 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Looks like Trump did get the Black unemployment down to the lowest (pre COVID) "at the time".

Biden got it back, but on Trump's continuing policies. It's rising again with Biden since early 2023!!!!! šŸ˜ƒ

Unemployment Rate - Black or African American (FED graphs)

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Wait when Kamalala gives citizenship to the over 14 million illegals, that is when the system is going to feel it, especially with all the dumping of illegals in poor inner cities to compete for resources with poor black Americans.

14 million illegals as citizens means SS, Medicare, Medicaid and welfare is going to take a hit, because more than half of these illegals are nothing but imported poverty.

The democrats are promising that they will put them in housing at the expenses of the taxpayer, interestingly biden in 4 years has no done that for poor Americans.

I hope they all move to California where they will be guarantee pay of 16 dollars an hour.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 05:05 PM
link   

hell anybody that's been alive for the past 50 years knows this. and it's not just illegal immigration it's seasonal and work visas to.

my old bosses son owned a lawn care business, from april till end of sept he'd bring in a double bus load, and put them to work and house them in two house he owned, and rented two others.

edit on 31-7-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

hell anybody that's been alive for the past 50 years knows this. and it's not just illegal immigration it's seasonal and work visas to.

my old bosses son owned a lawn care business, from april till end of sept he'd bring in a double bus load, and put them to work and house them in two house he owned, and rented two others.

And Al Sharpin is flabbergasted. The msm cannot believe the nerve Trump has to go and "dog whistle" the MAGA base at the NABJ event. The horror, how could he. It is like comedy hour listening to the msm go on. But its ok for the dems, Kamala, to have a "white dudes" zoom call yesterday. The way the msm ignores what democrats do is so amazingly hysterical. Its ok to have a "white dudes" meeting but not ok to recognize that the illegals hurt the black community the most when it comes to jobs. I really think black communities, black people are aware more now than ever at how they are played by democrats and the msm.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 08:24 PM
link   
What an embarrassment.

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Euronymous2625

Sheā€™s still just the presumptive nominee until next week so thereā€™s still hope.

Donā€™t be embarrassed yet, keep the faith

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boomer1947

What a bunch of horse manure. Thatā€™s a pretty clueless and ignorant statement. They take more jobs than they produce, they stagnant wages, they drain resources meant for citizens, donā€™t pay their medical bills, a lot donā€™t pay taxes, taxpayers pay for their food, housing, paid education, Iā€™ve seen them turn entire neighborhoods and communities into #holes. Donā€™t ask me how I know. Been working with illegals for 45 years daily, I know their game and how they play it. You have no idea how wrong you are, theyā€™re a drain on society, period. Theyā€™re creating jobs?šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

posted on Jul, 31 2024 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: KrustyKrab

They donā€™t realize that the Leftist Money Tree is adorned with the fruits of our labor.

ā€œHey, ā€˜New Comerā€™ get away from that money tree!ā€

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Looks like Trump did get the Black unemployment down to the lowest (pre COVID) "at the time".

a reply to: xuenchen

I am surprised you were able to find a link to that accomplishment. It is amazing how the "internet" loses articles written touting Trump's success's and loses all of Kamala's far left policy stances. It would be absolutely amazing if the opposite would happen, if the msm and the social media & tech companies along with the deep state and Hollywood backed Trump and MAGA like they do for any democrat running for president. Imagine that.

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 08:49 AM
link   

That info is definitely available everywhere. He did get it down to the lowest at the time. Information is also available in one of the links above that Biden got that number and poverty to lower than that.

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 09:16 AM
link   

That info is definitely available everywhere. He did get it down to the lowest at the time. Information is also available in one of the links above that Biden got that number and poverty to lower than that.

Yea, too the Biden team didn't leave Trump's border policies alone.

posted on Aug, 1 2024 @ 10:37 AM
link   

But under Biden/Harris polices, those numbers are rising again since a year ago !!! Why is that does anybody suppose? šŸ˜ƒ

And remember Democrat policies since the 1960s have been waging WAR on Poverty, yet the number of people in poverty has been steadily rising ever since, especially in big Democrat governments in the Big cities.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join