It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Candidate DONALD TRUMP Answering Questions from BLACK JOURNALISTS is Causing Anguish.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Tuesday, July 30, 2024

BLACK JOURNALISTS who understand that "A Rising Tide Lifts All Boats", are catching hell for inviting 2024 Presidential Candidate & former U.S. President Donald Trump to speak to their group, and participate in a Q&A session, on Wednesday July 31st.

In fact, One of their leaders just resigned her post, in protest..

Karen Attiah, a longtime Washington Post columnist, on Tuesday said she was stepping down as co-chair of the annual National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ) convention following internal and external backlash over the announcement of former President Trump as a featured speaker.

Why it matters: The group has a history of inviting presidential candidates to its annual conference, but Trump's participation is causing a rift between members.

-President Biden addressed a virtual conference between the NABJ and NAHJ in 2020.

-Hillary Clinton spoke at a joint conference between the NABJ and the National Association for Hispanic Journalists (NAHJ) in 2016.

-Former President Obama spoke at a Unity conference amongst four journalism diversity groups, including NABJ, in 2008.

NABJ announced Trump's participation at the conference Monday evening, drawing swift pushback from NABJ members and journalists broadly.

Trump will be interviewed on Wednesday at noon CST by a panel of Black journalists, including ABC News correspondent Rachel Scott, Fox News host Harris Faulkner, and Semafor reporter Kadia Goba.

The focus of the discussion is on the most "pressing issues facing the black community," per NABJ.

The Trump campaign confirmed his participation in a statement.
Continued at: www.axios.com...

It's sad that many Black Journalists welcomed confirmed racist Joe Biden, but don't want to hear from the man who saved Black Lives, by lowering inner-city crime.

-WeMustCare

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Resigned in protest? At what? Surely this should just be politics and you can listen to both sides and form an opinion. Sounds awfully un-democratic to me. Not to mention just a tad silly.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Let he step down who needs idiots when is plenty of potential black journalist that can step in and a do better job.

She can go and behind kamalala and be her slave kissing he ground that kamalala steps in.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ARM19688
Resigned in protest? At what? Surely this should just be politics and you can listen to both sides and form an opinion. Sounds awfully un-democratic to me. Not to mention just a tad silly.

Since she works for the Washington Post, its likely something done to make her bosses happy.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
Let he step down who needs idiots when is plenty of potential black journalist that can step in and a do better job.

She can go and behind kamalala and be her slave kissing he ground that kamalala steps in.

FoxNews host Harris Faulkner is well-acquainted with good things the Trump Administration did for the Black Community in America. I'm glad she's on the panel that will be questioning DJT.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I wonder what the media is going to eat now that is obvious project 2025, has been rejected by Trump and no longer will be kamalala viable topic, maybe that is why some of the journalist will have nothing to talk about anymore and rather than asking Trump directly they rather follow the media narrative, we need to understand that the liberal media channels are doing everything they can to boycott Trump, for Godess Kamalala.

www.msn.com... taskbarhover&cvid=0b0039a4bb964f9394eb894194033ba1&ei=4

Maybe another thread for this breaking news.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

The truth is that here in the south black community's support Trump, but you are not going to find that out from liberal news channels.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

They do? His rally in Georgia is Saturday. Let's look for the turnout. I mean besides the same 4 guys he places behind him in the Trump 2020 t-shirts that miraculosly appear at rallies throughout the country.

I'll look for pics from the same stadium at Harris' rally that took place this evening. We can compare the "black community support".

Since you're so tuned in to the "black community". Have they ever seen what you post here? You certainly wouldn't be invited to the cook out.
edit on 30-7-2024 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

" We can compare the "black community support". "

Ah , you Do Know Kamala is a Jamaican Indian Right ? ......Hmm.....
edit on 30-7-2024 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 07:07 PM
link   

A rising tide might lift all boats, but an improving economy doesn't necessarily help all sectors of society equally. It depends on the details of how the economics are distributed.

The lowest that Black unemployment got under Trump was 5.3% in August and September of 2019, while the lowest under Biden was 4.8% in April, 2023, a record low for the last 50 years or so.

The lowest Black poverty rate under Trump was 18.8% in 2019, while the lowest Black poverty rate under Biden was 17.1% in 2022, another record.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Ah yes, I also can guarantee you do not go around looking at people of color, and determine who is of Jamaican descent, Dominican, from the U.S., Brazilian, etc. Pretty sure you lump them all together.

And why should it matter? Marg insists the "black community" is all in for the old white guy, why wouldn't they be interested in a brown Jamaican Indian?

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 07:10 PM
link   

LOL, Black Lives Matter became a really big international thing after the murder of George Floyd in 2020. My guess is that they wouldn't be thanking Trump for his crime reduction policies.

U.S. Crime Rates and Trends — Analysis of FBI Crime Statistics

US Crime rates had been falling since a peak in the 1990's, but murders rose slightly from 2014, and then sharply between 2019 & 2020.

I'd suggest that Trump probably did nothing to either reduce or increase existing crime rate trends in real terms, and I suspect that the increases in murder rate were for reasons too complex to identify from statistics in light of the falls in overall crime rates.

U.S. Crime Rates and Trends — Analysis of FBI Crime Statistics

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

They will really love his federal police immunity ban. Just a week ago an officer was charged with first degree murder for shooting a woman in the face after she called the police about an intruder. He for some reason did not have his body cam on, but Oops his partner did. Her last words as she stood there were " I rebuke you in the name of Jesus". Then he killed her.
edit on 30-7-2024 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Tell me Something I Don't Know , I'm Sicilian ....

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Ooohh... I'm Sardinian. We are supposed to be sworn enemies as I heard all the time growing up. 🤣 Never really got to the root of why though, so I don't feel that way about Sicilians.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

From your link…

Facts First: Trump’s claims about having achieved the lowest Black unemployment rate and poverty rate ever recorded were true when he made them

The problem with Bidens numbers, which cnn would never admit, is the participation rate for employees is lower now than when Trump was president.☝️
Biden has barely got back the jobs lost to Covid and foreign born workers, illegals and documented, make up most of Bidens so called job gains. Most are part time gigs.
Those gains, as you’ve no doubt heard, are always lowered months after they’ve already been politicized by Biden and Harris.
Thanks for the inflation tax and the crappy economy.
Let’s go Brandon 👎

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 07:42 PM
link   

“If you listen to Donald Trump speak you’re not a journalist.”

“If you vote for him you’re not black.”

“If you have his back you’re not Secret Service”

Bla bla bla.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 07:47 PM
link   

What a pity. I'm sure her absence will profoundly shift their impact in the community. By which I mean, there will be zero noticeable change in their operations without input from Attiah.

Of course, stepping down doesn't mean she's leaving the organization. It just means a performative gesture of outrage before she takes her seat and waits for the next opportunity to make a tragic scene.

edit on 30-7-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 07:51 PM
link   

It's a shame that some people have to bend to losers with the Liberal lobotomy.
They need a bigger set of balls to tell them to pound sand.

When Trump wins, I believe the insane Liberals will start a civil war.

It'll be over in a couple days.

posted on Jul, 30 2024 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

It will be mass suicides, they all will be drinking the Koolaid of dead, after all they can not be in the same country as Trump will be as president.

I am sure the millions of illegals with the anti-American foreign immigrants will go back to their own countries, to keep hating America.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join