It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Kamala Good for America ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 05:41 PM
link   
We've had 4 years of Biden/Harris

How united did their policies make us?

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Well, putting my 'totally objective' hat on, I don't think Harris has a snowball's chance in hell of actually being elected on her own right. BUT, there are ways she could ascend to the big chair (albeit briefly), and one of these I've noted in my 'Fasten your seatbelts!' thread. There are other ways also, and many of these involve who she picks for a running mate.

She has nothing to run on really, other than "Not Trump". She doesn't have a tremendous legal standing. She doesn't have any core platform issues (again, besides "Get Trump"). She isn't particularly a likeable person. She doesn't talk well, or 'show' well (she's not ugly, but she doesn't come across well in media). She patronizes the african American community with the 'Jive Mama' / 'Hood Sistah' act, which I think really grates on people, especially her own cultural base. She doesn't come across as educated (even though she is...sort of). She doesn't have a compelling back-story (worse, she comes from a slave trader background). She's an elitist, and the worst kind too, one who came from nothing and is going to shove it down anyone's throat who will sit long enough to listen.

Harris isn't particularly popular in her own home state; she sold them out. She really doesn't have a lot of appeal really...OTHER than..."NOT TRUMP!" She's got no slogan, no identity, and no resonance with voters.

In total, Harris has nothing. Behind the 'giggle', is an angry black woman who wants "change" on a scale she doesn't even understand, a scale she is incapable of understanding.

So, in summary, Harris is nothing, a nobody, a tag-along riding Biden's tsunami of disaster (now). So, Harris will define herself by who she picks as VP.

She has nothing else.

P.S. - Please correct me where I am wrong in ANY of these observations.

Claim: Kamala Harris has no chance of being elected on her own.
Fact Check: While it is true that Harris struggled in the 2020 Democratic primaries, predicting someone’s electability in future elections is speculative. Historical context shows that many politicians who initially struggled later succeeded (e.g., Richard Nixon losing the California governor's race in 1962 but winning the presidency in 1968).

Claim: Harris doesn’t have tremendous legal standing.
Fact Check: Harris served as District Attorney of San Francisco, Attorney General of California, and U.S. Senator. These roles require significant legal expertise and experience, indicating that her legal standing is substantial.

Claim: She has no core platform issues other than "Get Trump."
Fact Check: Harris has voiced and worked on various issues including criminal justice reform, healthcare (Medicare for All proposal), climate change, and civil rights. Her political career includes substantial legislative advocacy and policy work.

Claim: She isn’t particularly likable or effective in media.
Fact Check: Likability is subjective. Harris has received both praise and criticism for her public appearances. She has been commended for her debate performances and public speeches, such as her acceptance speech at the Democratic National Convention.

Claim: She patronizes the African American community with her behavior.
Fact Check: This claim is subjective and based on personal perception. Harris, who has Jamaican and Indian heritage, emphasizes her diversity and connections to various communities, including historically Black sororities like Alpha Kappa Alpha, and is often involved in issues relevant to the African American community.
Education:

Claim: She doesn’t come across as educated.
Fact Check: Harris holds a law degree from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law, and an undergraduate degree from Howard University. These credentials typically denote a high level of education.

Claim: She comes from a slave trader background.
Fact Check: Harris' father has mentioned that their Jamaican ancestors owned slaves. However, historical family background does not define her personal actions or political stance. She has actively worked against systemic injustices.

Claim: She isn’t popular in her home state (California).
Fact Check: Harris has been elected to statewide office multiple times in California, such as her roles as Attorney General and U.S. Senator, indicating substantial support within her home state.

Claim: She has no slogan, identity, or resonance with voters.
Fact Check: Harris is known for advocating with the slogan "For the People," derived from her prosecutorial work. She has particular resonance with voters focused on justice reform and equality.

GPT-4

I couldn't have written that better myself

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: malte86

Your talk about healing divisions is pretty funny since
the (D) party under Obama ran the most hateful spiteful
hoax on America, involved the FBI, CIA, load the media
with fake stories for 5 to 6 years, actually killing innocent
people all for EGO and HATRED of America.

Thats rich!

Notwithstanding, your walls of boring text, keep them coming.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: Annee

🤣🤣 check your PM's

Thanks

And BTW -- women (like me) who are not familiar with Kamala -- can read.

I like what I'm reading.

link   
a reply to: SourGrapes

Lol.....Major Eazy would NEVER wear skinny jeans.
He was the very epitome of 'cool' when I was a kid.

en.wikipedia.org...

link   
The leftists here on ATS really want to be united, then you all should start agreeing with me.

If you don't, you'll be labeled as divisive.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: lilzazz

I've listened to her.
I wouldn't vote for her for any position she would run.

Being a woman does NOT mean I would vote for a woman over a man. That again is identity politics.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Harris will not build bridges because we'd be forced to obey her dictates.

Trump is called "divisive" because he pissed off the left.

The first claim reflects a skepticism of Harris' ability or willingness to collaborate across divisions, while the second claim minimizes the complexity of Trump's divisive reputation by attributing it primarily to his impact on the left wing. Both are subjective interpretations that invite critical examination and dialogue about the political landscape in the United States.

Ultimately, the characterization of any politician often reveals more about the person's beliefs than it does about the politician’s actual actions or impact.

Maybe it would be a good idea to take a new approach, to lighten things up a bit.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab

Anyone that supports 4 more years of the dumpster fire that this administration has been, doesn’t love this country. I’ve never ever seen in my lifetime a administration so hell bent on destroying its own country.

I have lived through a lot of Democratic administrations. Up until the 1990s, I did not feel the country was in peril.
The last 3-4 have been devastating to the Republic in just so many ways.....moving the country further and further to Marxism. And this Obama Acolyte could very well tank the country.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

Your talk about healing divisions is pretty funny since
the (D) party under Obama ran the most hateful spiteful
hoax on America, involved the FBI, CIA, load the media
with fake stories for 5 to 6 years, actually killing innocent
people all for EGO and HATRED of America.

Thats rich!

Notwithstanding, your walls of boring text, keep them coming.

That’s why law books are so thick. That’s why students read more than 2 pages on a topic. Things are complex; there are no simple truths. Furthermore, it is important to be precise when accusing others.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Harris ran for president once.

You may have a short memory but we don't.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Kamala exists in the context of what can be, unburdened by what has been.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
Kamala exists in the context of what can be, unburdened by what has been.

That is sooooo Venn

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 06:09 PM
link   

From what I can see, your just re-posting
AI chat text. (not to be rude, but...)

Thats not going to unite anyone, not in real life.

Let alone sway people into giving away 80%
of their income to illegals. If you want to accomplish that
kind of near impossible feat, your going to have to stir up
emotions, bait people into cutting their nose off to spite
their face....that kind of thing.

No offense meant.....

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

She’s a straight up DEI hire.
This election is now an indictment of DEI racist policy in America.
If people vote for and elect this meritless DEI hire, it’s going to fling the door wide open.
These racist people who vote for that have no idea the #storm which comes from it.
That’s what this election represents.
This isn’t Republicans vs Democrats.
It’s bigger than that now.
It’s meritocracy vs identity politics.

Trump has the best footing to win, as long as the right picks the right message.

Was she selected for VP because she’s a black woman? Yup.

Is she basically slinking in because she’s the only one who can use Biden’s war chest? Yup.

But the right is going to shoot themselves in the foot if they get hung up on that.

Is that fair? Nope. But people are going to get turned off by people seething about her being black.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Again, anyone who doesn't agree with me is divisive and a danger to democracy.

(Taking a page from the DNC handbook)

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Her dad is from Jamaica not Africa, her mother from India.
Kamala Harris come from a family who owned slaves.

How is she even a candidate in today's political climate...?!

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADVISOR
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Her dad is from Jamaica not Africa, her mother from India.
Kamala Harris come from a family who owned slaves.

How is she even a candidate in today's political climate...?!

Logic doesn’t mean anything in mass population perception.

If she’s so bad just beat her.

Having a massively vitriolic campaign makes you look like Hilary in 2016. And that’s the only way I see Trump losing.

But alas, I don’t really like either of them. Maybe RFK wins if it’s two seething groups dragging the nation into their pissing contest.

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

You do understand that many people of color have a distant family member that owned slaves right? You do know why, right? Or will you insist it was a love match instead of a rape? Not likely as he moved to Jamaica as he opposed the British Empires ban on slavery.

Bringing up that her family line started in slavery and likely due to rape as some kind of gotcha is pretty revolting.

If you don't believe me there are many papers, books, studies, the Slave Narratives from slaves themselves that can educate you on this topic. So I will say, if you were not aware of this, then I apologize for being harsh.
edit on 26-7-2024 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Is Kamala Good for America ?

The question should be : Has Kamala been good for America ?

No.

Have Joe Biden and the Democrats been good for America ?

No.

But, some are so deep in their TDS that they'll cut their nose off to spite their face and vote for her, despite what they've seen in the last 3 1/2 years.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join