It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service wants Trump’s campaign to not schedule large outdoor rallies and events

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Brilliant. So we have a USSS that says this now after they allowed the damage to begin with. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Guess who's still running the USSS? Yup, same people that was running the USSS since Jan 2021.

Evidence is showing the USSS knew the shooter was there before Trump was even on the stage. Explain THAT

The Director did, they identified him as 'suspicious' and not a 'threat'; maybe therein lies the failure.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

It’s pretty easy to put up bullet proof glass barriers, that don’t look intrusive. Just like those teleprompters.

However the “ if you see something say something” doesn’t work apparently with the current theme, holy crap the clown show.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: 38181

It’s pretty easy to put up bullet proof glass barriers, that don’t look intrusive. Just like those teleprompters.

However the “ if you see something say something” doesn’t work apparently with the current theme, holy crap the clown show.

It appears bulletproof glass would not work to stop AR15 bullets. See, not so simple.

thegunzone.com...#:~:text=Can%20a%20bulletproof%20glass%20stop%20an%20AR-15%20bullet%3F,banks%20or%20government%20build ings%2C%20can%20stop%20AR-15%20bullets.
edit on q00000019731America/Chicago1212America/Chicago7 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
a reply to: FlyersFan

She had 24 years experience as a Secret Service agent and two years experience as Pepsi's head of global security.

On paper, which part of her professional history makes her unfit for the job?

You can work for 24 years as the janitor in the White House, that doesn't make you qualified to be the President!

I know guys who have worked for 24 years on the survey crew with our engineering firm, and that doesn't mean they're qualified to be an Engineer like myself, or even a survey Crew Chief. Absolutely nothing against these guys; they love what they do, and they do a good job at it. Just because someone works for an agency for a period of years doesn't automatically make them qualified to lead that agency. Even though I work as an Engineer, I am not qualified to be CEO of the company I work for. And I've been in my position for over 30 years with the same company. Elevated up through the engineering ranks along the way, sure, but this doesn't automatically qualify me to lead the entire organization.

So, to your question about what part of her professional history makes her unfit for the job, I would ask a more important question in response...what part of her professional history specifically makes her FIT for the job of Director of the Secret Service??

Regardless of whether this question could even be answered, Cheatle has demonstrated in real life that she was completely NOT fit for the position, else this comedy of errors and Keystone Kops-like response would have never happened.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Depends on the material used, but yes, there is some truth in this.

It's rather ironic that the shooter used cheap jacketed solid core ammunition. Had he been using hollow point ammunition, there would have been more fatalities...possibly including Trump. But to your point, the ammo he was using would in fact penetrate most bullet proof glass. However, such a round would not penetrate the types of bullet proof glass which are used for protecting the president.

The teleprompter glass isn't really bulletproof as I understand it. It is bullet resistant glass, meaning it doesn't necessarily stop a bullet, but it will slow a bullet down considerably. To stop a bullet, it would need to be much thicker which would be problematic for video cameras taking video of the event (i.e. it would reflect too much light and thus obstruct the view on video).

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Just trying to point out that there are no simple operational strategies and protection may be impossible in certain situations and it's not all because of DEI.
edit on q00000032731America/Chicago3232America/Chicago7 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 07:34 AM
link   

🤣🤣🤣🤣 That's already old news. The new news is worse than the worst 🤣🤣🤣🤣

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

Brilliant. So we have a USSS that says this now after they allowed the damage to begin with. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Guess who's still running the USSS? Yup, same people that was running the USSS since Jan 2021.

Evidence is showing the USSS knew the shooter was there before Trump was even on the stage. Explain THAT

The Director did, they identified him as 'suspicious' and not a 'threat'; maybe therein lies the failure.

She never offered proof for who made that determination so quickly. Alarm Bells sounding 🤣🤣🤣🤣

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

But what does that have to do with her being a woman? If this was a white man with the same credentials we would just call it a failure in leadership. But because she's a woman we've got people saying that's it's a failure in leadership because she was a woman.

link   

She never offered proof for who made that determination so quickly. Alarm Bells sounding 🤣🤣🤣🤣

What does it matter who? What matters is whether or not their operational strategies work well in all known and potential (unknown) situations. Perhaps thinking outside their box is what is required.

link   

originally posted by: 38181

See my response above about teleprompters and bullet proof glass. Additionally, we may start seeing exactly this type of protection in the future.

Well, if the SS would have done their job, which they did NOT do, there might have been a better response. For example, if the SS had coordinated communications (i.e. exchanged radios, so the SS had local LEO radios and local LEO's had SS radios) there would have been more advance warning. If the SS had cared (even one iota) about actually "protecting" Trump (rather than secretly hoping he would get shot), they would have taken the measures necessary to ensure all agencies present were well coordinated. They did NOTHING of the sort, and the result was mass confusion, and as you said...a "CLOWN SHOW".

This event is shameful beyond comprehension, and Cheatle was the tip of the spear. She should really consider jumping off a bridge somewhere, but instead she will be given a medal by the administration.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

If she were a white man with the exact same resume, would you be blaming this failure on his gender?

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Think People. Think.

The USSS is under The DHS and Mayorkas.

Think. 😃✅ Perfect

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 07:41 AM
link   

No, DEI isn't to blame for ALL of the mistakes made on the 13th, but DEI is to blame for Cheatle's elevation to the position of Director of the Secret Service.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

No, DEI isn't to blame for ALL of the mistakes made on the 13th, but DEI is to blame for Cheatle's elevation to the position of Director of the Secret Service.

That's how all Directors are advanced within the SS, male or female, and assassination attempts have also been made when a male was the SS Director, so no soap.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

I'm not blaming her gender. Find where I said this was a gender issue. What I said was length of tenure with an agency does not automatically mean a person is qualified to lead an organization. Wouldn't matter if it was a man, a woman or anyone else.

But to answer your question directly...if it was a white male with the exact same resume, then yes, I would say they were not qualified to lead the Secret Service. This has NOTHING to do with gender, so don't try to go there.

The spirit of DEI is that there are equally qualified people who fall under the DEI umbrella who are not given opportunities because of the lack of DEI. I agree with this in principle. The unfortunate reality of this is, that's not what happens in real life. Less qualified people automatically think they are qualified for positions because of their race, their gender or their 'identity'. That's not the same thing.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 07:48 AM
link   

And they should have been fired too!

No excuses. Period.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

And they should have been fired too!

No excuses. Period.

My last post's point was directed at the hiring or ascension process as to gender, to the role of Director within the ranks, not whether or not they should resign or be fired.
edit on q00000050731America/Chicago3939America/Chicago7 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Exactly, the scene was not secure because outdoor spaces is where most political assassinations happen and that is the main reason for failures, not DEI.

But since Cheatle said the roofs were too sloped, why did the USSS advance teams not notice the roofs ahead of time, and recommend agents man the roofs with better shoes, and provide agents at other locations to watch with cameras and scopes? She never explained all THAT did she. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Exactly, the scene was not secure because outdoor spaces is where most political assassinations happen and that is the main reason for failures, not DEI.

But since Cheatle said the roofs were too sloped, why did the USSS advance teams not notice the roofs ahead of time, and recommend agents man the roofs with better shoes, and provide agents at other locations to watch with cameras and scopes? She never explained all THAT did she. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Exactly, everything you are pointing out are strategic operations' failures.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join