It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden is Out

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Fair enough.

But the reform for that is a matter of capacity.

apnews.com...

SAN DIEGO (AP) — U.S. immigration offices have become so overwhelmed with processing migrants for court that some some asylum-seekers who crossed the border at Mexico may be waiting a decade before they even get a date to see a judge.

And they pay taxes from the moment they enter a payroll. Problem is, you can't legally work for 6 months after claiming asylum. But you also can't be kicked out.

Under a federal law passed in 1996, asylum seekers are required to wait at least half a year after filing an asylum petition before being able to obtain authorization to work.

That's a problem in my mind. If there are 4.3 million pending asylum cases, there's 4.3 million that can't be deported. So it ends up with a lot a taking the first 6 months. Charities, shelters, food banks.

My solution is grant work visas IMMEDIATELY to able bodied people awaiting asylum to lessen strain on government funds and then hold them to file income taxes, for American income earned while living in America, after having the same percentage everyone else does taken from salary.

Emphasize work for asylum seekers and encourage them to demonstrate they want to contribute and work, not take free money. Most of them would leap at that.
edit on 22-7-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

No one ever said it would be easy .

But the IRS manages to go through 300,000,000 Americans taxes each year with a fine-tooth comb .

I think we can figure something out for these 11million immigrants , Streamline the process it can be done .

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 09:50 PM
link   

My solution is grant work visas IMMEDIATELY to able bodied people awaiting asylum to lessen strain on government funds and then hold them to file income taxes, for American income earned while living in America, after having the same percentage everyone else does taken from salary. Emphasize work for asylum seekers and encourage them to demonstrate they want to contribute and work, not take free money. Most of them would leap at that.

Its a nice thought

Though easily taken advantage of ....then again most Government programs are.

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

Well said.
I’d rather have an extra 80,000 border patrol agents than an extra 80,000 irs agents.

The border czar of a failed border wants to play president LoL
Somebody needs to stop these people from failing up.

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Breaking: Kamala Harris has “officially” secured enough delegates to be the Democrat nominee.

Well THAT was fast wasn't it. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Took about a whole 24 hours.

Now they need that Campaign war chest money !!

"My MSM works wonders when they want to"

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: RickinVa

Yep I am sure that it was some sweet deals been worked out in order for the biden family to allow biden to drop out of the race, many deals and mucha plata, money runs politics.

I've said how perfect it would be to extradite these people to outside the reach of future admins.

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: putnam6
Young Turks wants a brokered convention

"brokered" or "broker" 😃

"broken"

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Without a source......*shrugs*

As to the nationalism comment, either nationalism is good.....or it isn't.

Same with that "pride" word....although now that I think on it.....
maybe we should go back to what the Bible says about pride........

edit on Mon Jul 22 2024 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: Vermilion

I think she is taking a crash course in geography first.

You know, start with the basics and then expand.

Then she might be able to move onto policy,
but I wouldn't count on it. Frightening, literally
frightening.

She knows her countries very well. LoL
Remember this gem?

"Ukraine is a country in Europe. It exists next to another country called Russia. Russia is a bigger country. Russia is a powerful country. Russia decided to invade a smaller country called Ukraine. So basically that's wrong." -Kamala Harris

Just like Grenada?

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Don't forget 37% approval rate!

She about picking up where Joe left off.

"As many of you know before I was elected Vice President, before I was elected as US Senator, before I was the elected Attourney General, as I've mentioned, of California. And before that I was a courtroom prosecutor. In those roles I took on perpetrators of all kinds. Predators who abused women, fraudsters who ripped off consumers, cheaters who broke the rules for their own gain. So believe me when I say I know Donald Trump's type. And in this campaign I will proudly put my record against his."

Oh I'm sure that will be done, but the subjective interpretation therein will vary wildly.

Back to politics as usual. No more sleepy Joe. And because the right will deliberately sidestep going after her for anything but policy this is a freaking blessing in disguise.

We have an undistracted POLITICAL ELECTION now. It's been said it's not about her ethnicity or gender, so she should only be judged on her policies. The Stupid bitch rhetoric will fade once this gets going.

This is early. But this is an X-Factor. This is revitalizing the left, reducing apathy, and creating this dark horse out of nothing for people to think has a chance in hell. She's up to 120 million since Sunday in very Trump like grassroots small money donations. Testament to renewed confidence.

We have debates still. He have her taking on Trump head to head. Don't count out her ability to gain on Trump as this plays out. Or take a moderate like Mark Kelly to try to make a dent on Trump's lead.

I really have my doubts she can, but it's certainly a better election now
edit on 23-7-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 11:37 PM
link   
A lame-duck Commander-in-Chief with Dementia, is VERY DANGEROUS!

I hope Congress will find a way to replace Joe with Kamala.

It should easily be a Bi-Partisan effort.

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

My apologies.

Source cited (example of Project 2025 "Trumpism" Criticism)

newrepublic.com... (it's like the left version of Breitbart)

Also on Wikipedia, which is where that edited quote is located.

It gets classified as Christian Nationalism. Autocracy even.

I appreciate the meekness of what the Bible says on pride, but I couldn't ever do it.

I think that Mosaic law and rule of law mirror each-other is because they are both a socially-devised control device. It's arbitrary. We could easily say it's rooted in Hammurabic Law.

The 10 Commandments get cited. Only 4 of those are really law and order things, which also have commonality with other legal codes written before it.

I don't like the conflating of law and order and religious doctrine. And thats what i think project 2025 does. Makes it Judeochristian specific. I think it is a fallacy to to say they are so intertwined the latter needs a special designation as the foundation of the former. When they can also reflect a common need/source.

While I agree pride can lead to terrible things, there's a certain permissible threshold before it becomes backed into a counterproductive corner.

Honestly, between Mosaic law and law and order, I don't think Trump is a champion of either.
edit on 23-7-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2024 @ 12:59 AM
link   

That article's "writing style" strikes close to the tactic of "criticizing and degrading what you are doing yourself". Sounds familiar with the current "in power" Executive Branch, along with many Campaign themes within. A main style point is to not cite provable real examples. We also saw some of that same tactic used today in the USSS hearing by the "witness" and by some questioners. 😀

posted on Jul, 23 2024 @ 05:18 AM
link   

If only Congress had a bipartisan bill that Border Patrol described as the most significant in decades that would allow them to hire more agents while also expanding the immigration court, allowing cases to be turned around at a faster rate.

Oh wait! We had that but Trump had it spiked because then he couldn't campaign on immigration.

posted on Jul, 23 2024 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer

If only Congress had a bipartisan bill that Border Patrol described as the most significant in decades that would allow them to hire more agents while also expanding the immigration court, allowing cases to be turned around at a faster rate.

Oh wait! We had that but Trump had it spiked because then he couldn't campaign on immigration.

totally. We need more processors. If we can just hire more processors, we can get 4 times the amount of new voters immigrants into the interior.

posted on Jul, 23 2024 @ 05:33 AM
link   
So in just a little over 24 hours, Kamala was able to secure enough delegates to clinch the nomination, get endorsements from almost every Dem governor, Rep, Senator, and major union, set the record for most money raised in a day for a campaign, not to mention having a record setting day for money raised for House races this cycle, and tripling the record for money raised for Senate races this cycle.

Meanwhile, the GOP are coming to the realization of how unlikable their pick for VP is and are already floating the idea of replacing him.

posted on Jul, 23 2024 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

So you complain that Border Patrol and immigration courts don't have the resources they need but when they are offered more resources you complain that it won't fix anything.

I don't think you actually want to fix the issue. I think you just want to complain because as long as the issue remains an issue it helps the guys you like get elected.

posted on Jul, 23 2024 @ 05:41 AM
link   

a reply to: network dude

So you complain that Border Patrol and immigration courts don't have the resources they need but when they are offered more resources you complain that it won't fix anything.

I don't think you actually want to fix the issue. I think you just want to complain because as long as the issue remains an issue it helps the guys you like get elected.

the solution to the border issue, is not to facilitate easier entry and faster processing. This is why you are a joke. The border (as every other nation on the planet) should be closed and only those who enter correctly should cross. It will be easier to explain in a few months. Till then, rejoice! You have the best candidate on the planet! Harris/? 2024!
edit on 23-7-2024 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name

posted on Jul, 23 2024 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Meanwhile, the GOP are coming to the realization of how unlikable their pick for VP is and are already floating the idea of replacing him.

I have seen nothing of that.
I don't believe your statement.
Sources please.
edit on 7/23/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2024 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Appears Biden is really Out

If this were Trump - media would be on him like flies on Sh%t

As every day passes and speculation grows - America appears weaker on the World stage

Update On Biden

At this point in time, his staff are protecting themselves more than Biden. You will notice more restrictions in Biden’s facial movements this week, and you will also notice more restricting speech. Biden will likely have a lisp when he speaks now as a result of the TIA. That’s why his voice was slurred today on the “call” with Kamala that many people are saying was pre -recorded.

?

BREAKING:

🚨🚨Joe Biden
@JoeBiden
is dying and final preparations are being made for him.🚨🚨

He was supposed to leave Delaware today, but his health has deteriorated.

Due to his accelerated decline, Joe Biden has cancelled nine trips that were scheduled for the next two weeks.

Biden is expected to leave his beach home in Rehoboth, Delaware on Tuesday afternoon and arrive back at the White House at 2:30 pm, although that could be changed to Wednesday, July 24th. It all depends on how much he continues to decline…

Biden has been dying, and he is dying rather quickly. This is why Kamala flew to Delaware today and why Biden’s White House Chief of Staff Jeff Zients called for an emergency meeting and call with all White House staff today.

The medical emergency Joe Biden had on July 5th, 2024 on Air Force One that I exclusively reported almost killed him. His time left is limited.

Biden’s staffers and his family are holding on for dear life right now.

Kamala Harris
@KamalaHarris
will be made President very soon….

Bookmark this tweet.

Crazy Days

edit on 23-7-2024 by MetalThunder because: carpe diem

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join