It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden is Out

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Seriously, what excuse would be acceptable not to elect Kamala for Biden’s successor in this situation?

Because this is supposed to be a DEMOCRATIC process ... and having the party elite and the donors decide who the candidate is, that's not DEMOCRACY.

"we the people' are supposed to pick the nominees for the parties. It's not supposed to be decided by a handful of corruptocrats in a smoke filled back room in DC, and their rich donor buddies.

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Annee

Seriously, what excuse would be acceptable not to elect Kamala for Biden’s successor in this situation?

I guess if the PTB at the DNC think she couldn't win and someone else could. But I don't there's anyone better.

No matter how you look at it or who you shove out there, you Dems are in trouble.

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp

originally posted by: wAnchorofCarp

Your betters apparently......

Tell me this is what democracy is and why its a good thing.

Go ahead Annee, tell me.

( You may be issued time to consort with your talking points )

I didn’t bring it up.

I’m asking for an answer from the poster who brought it up.

And you got one.

You do know the favorite saying of DToM right? You are responsible for your own posts.

You don't get to post and then remove yourself from the words. As much as you wish that were an option.

I am not required to agree with you, think like you, post like you.

However — near the beginning of this thread Sookie already explained how/who voting for Kamala would happen.

You seemed to be fishing for controversy.

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

There's nothing in Constitution about primaries or party conventions. The delegates will vote. That's Constitutional.
edit on 5220242024k49America/Chicago2024-07-22T11:49:52-05:0011am2024-07-22T11:49:52-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 11:50 AM
link   

The will of the people who cast their votes for Biden.

You know, that thing called "Democracy" that is dying
with the DNC.

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I'm not fishing for controversy.

I'm fishing for logic, apparently no bites.....

You do know that no one voted for Heiress, right? People are voted for in the primaries, not a ticket.

www.orangedems.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I guess if the PTB at the DNC think she couldn't win and someone else could. But I don't there's anyone better.

Yes. But if she was replaced by a man?

That would not “sit” well.

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 11:52 AM
link   

There's nothing in Constitution about primaries or party conventions. The delegates will vote. That's Constitutional.

I didn't say it was anti-constitution.

I said it was anti-DEMOCRACY.

In a Constitutional Republic with a Democratic institute of voting it's 'WE THE PEOPLE' who pick our political representatives .. not a handful of rich elites in a smoke filled backroom in DC along with their rich corporate donors.

Handing Harris the crown without having 'we the people' decide she should have it is anti-democracy.

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

with the DNC.

The DNC is a private non-profit corporation. It's not a government institution. The election, run by the feds, is when democracy kicks in and the people really get to vote.

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 11:55 AM
link   

with the DNC.

The DNC is a private non-profit corporation. It's not a government institution. The election, run by the feds, is when democracy kicks in and the people really get to vote.

This statement coming from the exact same person who said Trump could be taken off the ballot by states under some absurd reading of the 14th amendment.

This is the level of stupid being dealt with.

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Handing Harris the crown without having 'we the people' decide she should have it is anti-democracy.

When/how exactly would you squeeze this WE THE PEOPLE special election into the current timeframe?

link   

So you admit that the DNC doesn't engage in democracy and that its actions, having rich elite party members and rich corporate donors pick the candidate to represent the people of the party, are anti-democracy.

link   

I disagree. If a candidate drops out, I don't think it's anti-democracy for the candidate's running mate to step up. The people voted for Kamala as Biden's replacement in 2020, after all.

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 11:57 AM
link   

So you admit that the DNC doesn't engage in democracy and that its actions,

Not always. Neiter does the RNC.

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I disagree. If a candidate drops out, I don't think it's anti-democracy for the candidate's running mate to step up. The people voted for Kamala as Biden's replacement in 2020, after all.

No, they did not.

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Procedures are put in place for unusual circumstances.

Which this is.

link   

Hmm...where to start with that deceptive comment?
Did you just come up with that on your own?

The primary process is part of every election, the people
did vote. They voted for Joe Biden. He said so himself.

So Joe was wrong? Was he misleading the people when
he said the "people voted for me"?

link   

with the DNC.

The Primary Election system is run by official governments of The Several States. What law(s) give The Democrat Committee authority to bypass State laws???????? 😬

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What state laws require a part to submit their candidate before their convention and a formal nomination? Please be specific.
edit on 2520242024k04America/Chicago2024-07-22T12:04:25-05:0012pm2024-07-22T12:04:25-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

with the DNC.

The Primary Election system is run by official governments of The Several States. What law(s) give The Democrat Committee authority to bypass State laws???????? 😬

By the time (dumb) Democrats figure out a Supreme Court ruling is needed (like we had to keep Trump on the Colorado/Maine/Illinois ballots), it will be TOO LATE!

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join