It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden is Out

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33
a reply to: KrustyKrab

Perhaps. But it's a persistent worry none the less. At least people heat mostly roll their eyes.

But this thread is about Biden out/Harris in, so to confirm you all I'm crazy I'm endorsing Kamala Harris. I love it. Everyone now gets to confirm what an "affirmative action airhead" she is.

She gets unfairly blasted for "The Border Czar," which was a pejorative title, she actually had no say at the border.

She was tasked to:

lead an effort to ease the “root causes” of migration from Central America — a national strategy that would improve economic and safety conditions and encourage potential migrants to remain in three Central American countries: El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras.

Her task was a non-task, and it didn't really ease anything, but in no way can you blame her for something not under her purview.

I think that's all people know of her. Some bias crap or edited video to demean her accomplishments as a prosecutor, Senator, and VP..

I like an underdog, and she's now an underdog fighting a "stupid bitch" designation. Can't wait for the debate.

If you can point me to anything intelegent she’s ever said, I’m all ears.

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 12:10 AM
link   

During the RNC I heard a pundit state "You really only have to agree with a candidate 15% of the time to vote for them!"

I agree with Trump way more than 15% of the time, and that's just being honest. In fact I allign with 58% of Trump's Views (Isidewith), which is not surprising. So according to said pundit, I have almost 4x the amount of agreement needed to vote for Trump. I just can't like him. I can't pull a Nikki Haley, or JD Vance.

And since I only have to agree with my candidate 15% of the time, I'm sure she soars well above that criteria. At least 40% of the time. I hate to say it comes down to a really bias thing, but it does.

I wish him the best, but mostly support Harris because she's called a "third grade word salad idiot."

I think she gets the same old treatment. The Same one Haley got during the primary. Only she was a whore. I liked both, but wont follow Haley's reverse course endorsement.

Let's hear Harris debate first. Answer the tough questions Joe couldnt make a coherent statement on. Not adlibbing at some commencement ceremony.

I think she's underestimated and has the ability to pull off the impossible.

ETA:

Not so much word salad as party line. I think she's ready.

edit on 22-7-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Trump is NOT a moderate.

How many times are my words going to be misconstrued in this thread? Once again I didn't say he was moderate, I said the left fails to understand how moderate he really is, which is something that guy in the video I posted back on page 16 explains very well. He gives the example of how the left constantly fearmongers about Trump refusing to give up power and becoming a dictator, then goes over all the common sense reasons that will never happen, and why Trump is much more moderate than the media portrays. Obviously Trump is a bit more inflammatory and leans a bit more to the right than the average moderate Republican, but nothing he believes or does is extreme.

Admittedly, the right has also moved further right over the last few years, but it's primarily a natural response to the rise of the far left. I'm not religious or very conservative at all, every political test I have taken tells me I'm a centrist, and I also like to think of myself as a futurist since I'm deeply involved in tech and programming. However, even I am instinctually repulsed by the far-left and some of their extremist ideologies. DEI programs are a form of discrimination based on things like skin color and gender, which last I checked was literally illegal, which is why woke companies try to hide it, until my man O'Keefe pops out of the bushes with a microphone lol.

The simple fact is my livelihood feels far more threatened by the left, especially the far left, because they believe in fantasy economics. If the best way or only way to defeat them is to side with the right wing, then me and many other centrists like that guy in the video will choose to side with the right. When I first joined ATS I used to enjoy debating religious people to prove how wrong they were about their world beliefs, but over time I learned tolerance and acceptance but the reality is I still fit in with ATS more than some elitist leftists on Reddit. I guess ATS has really given me a perspective not many people have and I very much appreciate that.

I'm not sure what the Heritage Foundation is, I thought we were talking about Project 2025, are they related? In any case, lets break down some of these policies that seem to concern you so much.

Leaving the Paris Climate Accord

Perhaps having ones own nation beholden to a globalist scam plan with ridiculous requirements isn't necessarily a good thing for ones own nation? I don't want to get off topic into the subject of global warming, I've written countless threads on it and how so much of it is based on non-science, and how the overzealous initiative to remove all fossil fuels from our economies without a real plan to replace all the old systems is doing immense economic damage.

I strongly side with the right on this issue, at the same time I obviously immensely care about this amazing planet we live on, but I've seen the same fearmongering my entire life and the sky is still blue and winter is still cold as hell. The shore line is exactly where I remember it being when I was a kid. I think it is possible to replace fossil fuels, but their plan for achieving that is a truly anti-human agenda which is causing unnecessary suffering.

Repealing Net Neutrality

It's been a while since I looked into this, but it's no where near as simple as it seems on the surface from what I remember. Trump is a business man, but that doesn't mean he's just going out doing everything possible to increase the profits of his and other corporations. He clearly cares about giving people the freedom to make their own choices, to give power back to the people and reduce the size and scope of government bureaucracies, as any good conservative should.

Not because they want to strip back red tape, although I'm sure many do, but when Trump made those large regulation cuts for example, he did it for very good reasons. I think it was Musk who said something like government regulations only seem to increase in number, and if they never decrease that can create a very big problem for the economy. It helps to reduce unnecessary bloat and streamlines regulation processes so that the free market can properly function unimpeded.

It makes it easier for businesses to navigate the regulatory landscape and spurs more competition, which is the heart of capitalism. A free market capitalist economy will truly thrive when it isn't overtaxed and overburdened with regulation, and in that situation we all thrive. Hence why the Trump tax cuts and regulation cuts had a clearly positive effect on the economy until the pandemic brought it all crashing down. I'm sure Musk has come to understand these points, hence his gradual political transformation.

Reinstating the Mexico City Policy: This executive order prevents taxpayer money from funding international groups involved in abortion and ending funding to the United Nations Population fund.

Perhaps not giving ones own tax payer money to foreign groups promoting abortion isn't necessarily a bad thing? The United Nations Population fund eh, interesting name for an initiative which promotes a form of depopulation. Ok that might be a bit hyperbolic, I'm actually pretty open minded on abortion, so long as it's not too late stage. At some point the baby goes from being a fetus to a human being with human rights, and I don't think that is magically the moment when the baby gets born, it develops a complex body and brain long before that.

We look at killing a baby as one of the worst crimes a person can commit and we need to treat abortion with the same level of seriousness and respect. Yet I see many women who speak about abortion as if it's the most casual thing in the world, some even seem to take pride in it and brag about it or wear it as a badge of honor as if it somehow makes them a strong independent modern women. I'm sure there are plenty of circumstances where abortion is the right choice and I would have no problem with it, but I'm certainly not going along with this cavalier attitude towards human life just because it's the trendy thing to do. It's another type of anti-human attitude.

Increasing Military Spending

I'll admit I'm not a massive fan of how much support Trump gives to the military industrial complex, but he's clearly the sort of guy who supports the troops and wants to see America lead the world in military strength. I think it's also crucial to acknowledge the fact there was very little military conflict under Trump, he even helped end some long running wars and essentially wiped out ISIS in a small period of time. He had negotiations and peace talks with several volatile nations, which no one had ever achieved before. Trump projects strength and there is some truth to the old saying peace through strength.
edit on 22/7/2024 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Maybe the Covid was a warning? He did say if there was a medical reason he would drop out. Strange how no one else around him has it right? It's almost as if...well...um..nevermind.

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Not so much word salad as party line. I think she's ready.
. Good luck with one of the biggest idiots of our lifetime. You’d seriously cast a vote for her to govern you and our country ?😳
edit on 22-7-2024 by KrustyKrab because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 01:16 AM
link   

I don't know how well she'll do, but I know idiots generally don't pass the bar exam (second attempt, like FDR), or become in order; a district attorney, Califonia Attourney General, Senator, VP, and now democratic nomination. Do i chop it up to being a black-asian diversity promotion? Failing upwards to the highest echelons of stratification through DEI? Her affirmative action scholarship to Hastings?

I mean what's any different than getting into Penn because Daddy is rich and then saying you were First in your class of 366 when you weren't even on The Dean's List.

I think only hater bias says she's accomplished everything she has undeserved. Her dad's a Stanford professor and her mom's a chemist. And their seed is an affirmative action idiot?

Never buying it.

Plus I like all the Mark Kelly talk as VP. He's further right than most democrats. I think Harris/Kelly is a great choice to counter Trump/Vance. Being honest.
edit on 22-7-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 01:44 AM
link   
President Joe Biden dropped out of the race on National ICE CREAM day, which is the 3rd Sunday in July, proclaimed/invented by President Ronald Reagan.

How fitting: www.nbcchicago.com...

edit on 2272024 by WeMustCare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

I don't know how well she'll do, but I know idiots generally don't pass the bar exam (second attempt, like FDR), or become in order; a district attorney, Califonia Attourney General, Senator, VP, and now democratic nomination. Do i chop it up to being a black-asian diversity promotion? Failing upwards to the highest echelons of stratification through DEI? Her affirmative action scholarship to Hastings?

I mean what's any different than getting into Penn because Daddy is rich and then saying you were First in your class of 366 when you weren't even on The Dean's List.

I think only hater bias says she's accomplished everything she has undeserved. Her dad's a Stanford professor and her mom's a chemist. And their seed is an affirmative action idiot?

Never buying it.

Plus I like all the Mark Kelly talk as VP. He's further right than most democrats. I think Harris/Kelly is a great choice to counter Trump/Vance. Being honest.

Was wondering your thoughts, its interesting one or two of the Discord servers I frequent are decidedly liberal Democrats and they are all stoked. Late in the evening they were excited because of this news or that news and I thought they were gonna just scream when it was posted Harris got 65 million donated today, most of it small donors. So for them it was obvious they were not excited about Biden and tired of the assassination, they were desperate for some good news.

It's a long way to go, anything can happen but expect a full-court blitz from the MSM, the spaces on X have been off the charts.

Just perusing social media most are disputing any polls, and are suggesting now its a deadheat.

It's like one pundit said "If she was that good why did they let her sit on the bench till the 4th quarter"

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Logically. Replacing a known Trump-beater with anyone else is crazy-risky.

UNLESS, Kamala picks Barack Obama as her VP running mate. Then replacing Joe would look like a stroke of genius.

edit on 2272024 by WeMustCare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

www.dailymail.co.uk... and she slept her way to the top

Throughout her career, the vice president has been repeatedly forced to deny that her relationship with former San Francisco Willie Brown - 31 years her senior - was the main defining step in her political career. They are seen in 1995
and

'Brown, exercising his power even as his speakership seems near an end, named attorney Kamala Harris to the California Medical Assistance Commission, a job that pays $72,000 a year. 'Harris, a former deputy district attorney in Alameda County, was described by several people at the Capitol as Brown's girlfriend.' Brown also appointed Harris to the state's Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board, a lucrative position worth a further $97,088 a year, according to the same article. Despite being dumped by Brown, Harris continued to enjoy his support when she ran for office herself, getting elected as San Francisco's first black district attorney in 2004.

we may even see trump drop her old nick name of "heels up harris" and as he was investigated for corruption by the fbi it takes two arrows out of the dem quiver ,cant yell at trump for messing around and or with younger partners when kamala was the younger partner and her mentor was also investigated by the fbi

she also was in the DA chair when the big scandal happened with the crime lab in SF www.sfgate.com...

San Francisco District Attorney Kamala Harris' office violated defendants' rights by hiding damaging information about a police drug lab technician and was indifferent to demands that it account for its failings, a judge declared Thursday. Superior Court Judge Anne-Christine Massullo stopped short of granting a request by more than 40 drug defendants that their cases be dismissed because of prosecutorial misconduct, saying that decision must be left up to the judges hearing their cases. But in a scathing ruling, the judge concluded that prosecutors had failed to fulfill their constitutional duty to tell defense attorneys about problems surrounding Deborah Madden, the now-retired technician at the heart of the coc aine-skimming scandal that led police to shut down the drug analysis section of their crime lab.
she ignored a supreme court ruling that da's had to hand over information about witnesses that impugned there credibility all the while covering up the technicians conviction of domestic violence.....

nuhahassan.medium.com... here is a larger list. some gems as arresting a parent for there childs truancy for having sickle cell anemia

Daniel Larsen was an innocent man that was sentenced to twenty-seven years to life under the three-strikes law. He was wrongfully targeted by the police for pulling a six-inch-long knife from his waistband and throwing it under a car. Previously, he had been convicted of burglary, which meant that he would have a much harsher sentence. Witnesses had reported that it was not Larsen that had thrown the knife, but somebody else, but that was not taken into account. It took almost eleven years for a judge to reverse Larsen’s convictions on the grounds of lack of evidence and incompetence of his attorney. During that time, almost 90,000 people had petitioned to release him from jail, and civil rights activists had called Harris to make the right decision. When Larsen was finally released, Harris challenged his release. This meant that he would have to return to court and fight to keep himself out of prison for a crime that he did not commit.
then that gem

www.politico.com... ill just quote title

Not a healthy environment’: Kamala Harris’ office rife with dissent There is dysfunction inside the VP’s office, aides and administration officials say. And it’s emanating from the top.
so that also does not paint her well

okmagazine.com... jill biden hates her and throught she was using biden to get to the top which now in context looks kind of shady

voiceofoc.org... jail house snitch scandal where she either through negligence or corruption ignored once again peoples rights being violated which once again lead to convictions being reversed

www.foxnews.com... video link where she praises some one indicted for corruption she sure knows how to pick em eh

www.vanityfair.com... she ripped into bidens poor speaking skills long before trump did

nypost.com... few more like the moonlight cal fire scandal

If she takes that position at the federal level, there could never be a Department of Justice investigation of any executive-branch employee.
which is ironic with what she has publicly said about president trump

www.theroot.com... one of harris top aids at justice department paid off some one for a sexual assault allegation

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

I don't think she just slept her way to the top, I agree with Degradation33 who pointed out it takes some real tenacity and intelligence to get where she is. However, politicians aren't always tenacious for good reasons, and I've met plenty of intelligent people who have almost no common sense or wisdom, most of them tend to be highly educated but also highly isolated from the real world, causing them to lack social intelligence. That also happens to be a fairly good description of many elitist academic leftists who grew up in liberal echo chambers.

And I think that's probably Kamala's main issue, she has bad social skills and an off-putting personality, as proven in previous elections. But I'm sure many on the left are happy about it, or at least trying to see the positive in it, because at this point virtually anyone is a better option for them compared to Biden the human tortoise. Someone recently said to me they hate how politics is all about personalities instead of political ideas, but how can that be true if Biden has zero personality yet the left would have voted for him? Many will still support Kamala, because it's all about the ideology and agenda.
edit on 22/7/2024 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: fringeofthefringe

The Ruth Bader Ginsburg tactic in play!!!

Hello Dolly! 🥶️

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 02:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: FamCore

Clinton? Please God, noooooo....

Ever read her bio?

Probably the most qualified candidate.

That’s not an endorsement.

As always — I am anti-Trump. This changes nothing for me.

Which doesn’t say much really 🤷

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
a reply to: Annee

One of the many reasons you are anti-Trump are the classified documents, right?

What is your opinion on that whole Hilary's emails/hard drives stuff?

Perhaps too, the illegally obtained and illegally retained classified materials Joe Biden kept for years. Definitely well intended. 😊 Well documented by The DOJ investigations.

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Do you guys think because I did some searching on different forums and as little as 18 days ago people who are liberal are saying Kamala sucks/she's fake/no charisma when the conversation was about Biden POSSIBLY dropping out but suddenly upon this announcement of Biden actually dropping out, she is the greatest and will be the best president and it's her and Mark Kelly in the white house are the only comments I read.

Have to be honest I dont know who Mark Kelly is but we know they have the blue no matter who people but do you think that ticket does better than a supercharged celebrity ticket like clooney/Michelle Obama or the rock/Michelle Obama or Clooney and the rock?

NVM I SEARCHED MARK KELLY! I know who he is doesnt he have a twin? Seen him on the news before because of astronaut stuff. I love astronauts. I dont know I think they turned me. Harris/Kelly 2024. The astronaut sold me on it
edit on 22-7-2024 by Shoshanna because: cant spell.

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

That gave me a laugh Zany

If my mother lost about 150 lbs she could be Hilarys double easily

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Maybe God actually did protect Trump as so many claim. So that he can lose the election again, but to a black woman. That God, she sure does have a sense of humor.

Seriously though, Beshear from Kentucky might be a great choice as a running mate. A liberal with a large blonde, Mormon looking family. Looks like they were created in a lab. 🤣
edit on 22-7-2024 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Trump's team is scrambling. They apparently weren't prepared for this at all. The biggest thing they're going after her for is that she laughs. Meanwhile, Trump is ranting over on Truth like he's still running against Biden. Maybe he needs to take a cognitive exam.

Meanwhile, the Dems seem to be universally unified behind Kamala, as she is on pace to double her warchest in under 24 hours. It's also reenergized the Zoomers and based on social media branding, it looks like Harris is aware the KHive is going to be crucial in getting elected.

In terms of VP pick, Cooper and Kelly could deliver possible battleground states. I don't think Shapiro is a good pick based on his comments towards pro-Palestine protestors. She's got the young vote back, she doesn't want to go losing it right away. For me though, I think Beshear is the play. Obviously, he won't be able to deliver Kentucky but he's the perfect foil to Vance.

Speaking of Vance, that VP pick gets worse by the day. He was always clearly the Heritage Foundation's pick and not Trump's but now that he can't easily deliver the Midwest, all he really brings to the table is the extremist ideas of Project 2025.

Which brings us to the biggest thing, Trump now has to argue policy. Previously, he was mainly campaigning on how old and mentally decrepit Biden is, but now he's the oldest Presidential candidate in history. In a campaign where abortion is going to be a major issue, if Trump's attacks against Harris go misogynistic it's going to hurt him big with women voters. If he goes racial and tries to go back to his birtherism roots (which I'm already seeing since on the Right do) he'll lose moderates.

I'm not going to say Kamala has it in the bag, this is still America and she's still a non-white woman, but I would say the Dems are in a much better position and Trump is in a much worse position than they were 24 hours ago.

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

NVM I SEARCHED MARK KELLY! I know who he is doesnt he have a twin? Seen him on the news before because of astronaut stuff. I love astronauts. I dont know I think they turned me. Harris/Kelly 2024. The astronaut sold me on it

He's also the husband of former Rep. Gabby Giffords who was forced to retire after she suffered a brain injury from an attempted assassination attempt by former ATS member Jared Loughner.

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
Trump's team is scrambling. They apparently weren't prepared for this at all. The biggest thing they're going after her for is that she laughs. Meanwhile, Trump is ranting over on Truth like he's still running against Biden. Maybe he needs to take a cognitive exam.

Meanwhile, the Dems seem to be universally unified behind Kamala, as she is on pace to double her warchest in under 24 hours. It's also reenergized the Zoomers and based on social media branding, it looks like Harris is aware the KHive is going to be crucial in getting elected.

In terms of VP pick, Cooper and Kelly could deliver possible battleground states. I don't think Shapiro is a good pick based on his comments towards pro-Palestine protestors. She's got the young vote back, she doesn't want to go losing it right away. For me though, I think Beshear is the play. Obviously, he won't be able to deliver Kentucky but he's the perfect foil to Vance.

Speaking of Vance, that VP pick gets worse by the day. He was always clearly the Heritage Foundation's pick and not Trump's but now that he can't easily deliver the Midwest, all he really brings to the table is the extremist ideas of Project 2025.

Which brings us to the biggest thing, Trump now has to argue policy. Previously, he was mainly campaigning on how old and mentally decrepit Biden is, but now he's the oldest Presidential candidate in history. In a campaign where abortion is going to be a major issue, if Trump's attacks against Harris go misogynistic it's going to hurt him big with women voters. If he goes racial and tries to go back to his birtherism roots (which I'm already seeing since on the Right do) he'll lose moderates.

I'm not going to say Kamala has it in the bag, this is still America and she's still a non-white woman, but I would say the Dems are in a much better position and Trump is in a much worse position than they were 24 hours ago.

Trump now has to argue policy with a fool whose policies are utter trash for the American people?

Border? Crime? Inflation? Etc.

How can Harris possibly argue that the Democrats stance on those policies are any good?

You are another one that’s never been right on anything to do with Trump, maybe just sit this one out.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join