It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So is it Kamala Harris or brokered convention

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

As I understand it something like 19 states have passed the point of allowing a change on the ticket, with a good portion being battleground states.

On top of they still have to figure out a way around the campaign finance laws if they put someone other than harris forward.

They are hosed thanks to their hubris and I am enjoying the moment.

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

As I understand it something like 19 states have passed the point of allowing a change on the ticket, with a good portion being battleground states.

Seems odd, what if someone dies? They just can’t change it?

I suppose the question then would be, obviously that’s a different scenario than someone dropping/pushed out.

But suppose the shoe was on the other foot in the future, I imagine it being quite problematic.

If that precedent is set, politics just gets dirtier. We’ve seen the media spread claims that are barely substantives and or glorified rumors. What happens if that sticks and completely takes a party out? We just allow a default win?

And if that’s the case, why even waste the money to go through the motions in November?

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I think for some of them death is an acceptable reason, and as to the shoe being on the other foot... I think you give todays politicians to much credit.

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I only meant to give them credit towards the extents they’ll go to knock each other out, whether it be legal or through the court of public opinion.

Honestly, I can’t deny the interesting aspect of an election between Trump, RFK, and third parties. But there’d be huge questions of legitimacy after whoever won. Plus, we’d have to worry about candidates being blocked from ballots in the future.

I think the path forward is more accessibility to ballots, not less.

The parties have proven to try and block independent candidates from their own parties and appearing at debates or ballots regardless of their popularity.

It may be interesting and easy to say if they do it, why can’t it be done back to them. But I’d argue it would just make it easier for them to do it more should the states be able to block even major candidates.

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Has Kamala gotten in front of a camera since Bidens announcement?

I hope she comes out tomorrow with her girlfriend and introduces us to her new hot female running mate.

😍🤩🥰😘

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: 5thHead

Well , I might as Well make my Prediction on the Presidential Election Right Now . Ah , Kamala Harris Will LOSE BIGLY ...

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Okay so I took a break from work stuff and started perusing Ballotpedia ballot access for Presidential candidates.

Each state has a different language and dates but I found it interesting that the source link for the New York state rules page says the page has been removed.

Do we have an attorney with some political expertise? I can see kind of where Mike Johnson is coming from, BUT I probably wasn't smart to tip your hand early, unless there is something blatant pursuing it could backfire. If you blab about it, they need to be 100%

ballotpedia.org...

Colorado Qualified parties 5,000 Fixed $500 Fixed 12/11/2023 Source

A candidate can qualify for ballot placement either by filing a petition or by paying the filing fee. A candidate does not need to do both.

www.pbs.org...

Can Republicans keep Harris off state ballots?
Any curveball during a U.S. presidential campaign is certain to produce a flurry of state and federal lawsuits in this hyper-partisan era, and some conservatives have threatened just that.

State laws, though, typically do not prescribe how parties choose their nominees for president. And some GOP figures – Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine and Alabama Gov. Kay Ivey – have worked already this year to ensure their party did not deny Democrats’ routine ballot access.

edit on p000000317am076 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Finally, though if I understand right he hasn't stoof down as President; which is worrying given he got Putin and Zelansky mixed up the other day and couldn't recognise a Democrat who was a long time friend last week.

I didn't watch any of the Presidential debate but it was clear he was in the more advanced stages of dementia/alzheimer's and snapping in and out conciousness and needs to be in a care home.

How does the endorsement/Party leader system work in the US? Is Kamala the official candidate or do they have to elect/select one from a number of candidates before they can launch an election campaign?

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Will be political drama, no matter what.

Don't forget we got President DJT, because of democrats under o'buma. We will get President DJ again, because of dems under o'biden.

Dems are doomed, they know it.

Everything backfired on them.

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I just saw something pretty crazy.

This will be the first election since 1976 that doesn't have a Bush, Clinton, or Biden on the ballot.

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

It will be Michelle Obama they are sanitizing her? probably using AI to do the cute stuff that will get the Black vote off of Trump.

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

It will be Michelle Obama they are sanitizing her? probably using AI to do the cute stuff that will get the Black vote off of Trump.

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 06:22 AM
link   
We just had some fortune teller over here in the UK on Radio 2 who reads (rather than tea) asparagus. She says the next president will be a female and will have a name beginning with the letter M

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Marc Elias, whose team has won 64 election related cases since 2020, says that the Dem candidate will appear on ballots in all 50 states.

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
We just had some fortune teller over here in the UK on Radio 2 who reads (rather than tea) asparagus. She says the next president will be a female and will have a name beginning with the letter M

Marianne Williamson? That would be hilarious but she is not a paraplegic or physically crippled or born in an igloo in Alaska. She is unacceptably white.

Hmmm. She doesn't seem to check enough boxes.

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 09:40 AM
link   

No idea who you refer to as a Brit but interesting non the less. She did say Michelle though

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

No idea who you refer to as a Brit but interesting non the less. She did say Michelle though

She's kind of a California hippie lady. She's can be fun to watch and she at least seems to be on here own trip rather than a party member, if you know what I mean.

I don't see the evidence for Michelle Obama. I could be wrong but she just genuinely doesn't seem to be interested. I don't think she wants to be a puppet.
edit on 5310909America/Chicagoam22 by 5thHead because: 🚭

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Fair play I'll check Marianne out. Met a few of the Californian's over the years they seem a bit trippy for sure

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer

Marc Elias, whose team has won 64 election related cases since 2020, says that the Dem candidate will appear on ballots in all 50 states.

Elias has been sanctioned more times than Iran 😆

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

How many election related cases has he lost?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join