It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So is it Kamala Harris or brokered convention

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The only reason biden endorsed kamala is because he needs to dump his 14 million voters on somebody and she is the closes one, now, will the democrats move to kamala? they only got her when they voted for biden.

That is the question.

Still democrats are going to dump kamala and look for a more attractive and viable candidate, because kamala as a presidential candidate is ludicrous and laughable.

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

I think a brokered convention is their only way to save any kind of face.

Even then I think there’s going to be a lot of disgruntlement that they let it get to this point.

The Biden campaign and DNC played dirty in the primary, and their arrogance put them in a situation the runner up is nearly as weak of a candidate as Biden himself.

If they just decide on Harris, most of their party is going to feel like they had no decision, which they still won’t in a brokered convention, but at least the public conversation could make some strong points ahead of that.

They’ll likely go with her anyways as the only thing they can do with the money is give it to PACs if she doesn’t take over the ticket. But I’m curious to see how it plays out.

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Even if Harris ran as VP?

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTophat
a reply to: watchitburn

Even if Harris ran as VP?

From what was explained to me by someone who works at a PAC, that money can either go to someone who was on the ballot the money was donated to, or to a PAC.

Harris is either the presidential candidate, or the money goes to PACs.

That being said this is all uncharted territory, and they may find loopholes.

One thing I expect is a lot of legal battles no matter what.

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I think a brokered convention is their only way to save any kind of face.

Even then I think there’s going to be a lot of disgruntlement that they let it get to this point.

The Biden campaign and DNC played dirty in the primary, and their arrogance put them in a situation the runner up is nearly as weak of a candidate as Biden himself.

If they just decide on Harris, most of their party is going to feel like they had no decision, which they still won’t in a brokered convention, but at least the public conversation could make some strong points ahead of that.

They’ll likely go with her anyways as the only thing they can do with the money is give it to PACs if she doesn’t take over the ticket. But I’m curious to see how it plays out.

Yep the DNC didn't get this far and to not see it through to the convention. They will test the waters and read the room but a significant portion feel like the Young Turks Cenk Uygur

edit on p000000317pm076 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I agree with what I heard elsewhere I'll paraphrase

Everybody knew Joe was on his last leg, and the majority of people being polled knew the likelihood would be a Harris Presidency thus the polling showed a speedy decline in wanting Biden/Harris vs Trump

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Biden couldn't get Kamala to do hardly anything he wanted her to do, like go down to the border as an example. Well, if Kamala doesn't do a damn thing, it will save the taxpayers money I suppose. She is not a good person to have as president, she thinks she knows more than she does....Well, compared to how Joe Ran the last term, I doubt if she can be worse than him.

I have been known to be wrong though, we definitely must vote for trump just in case she goes loose cannon.

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 04:03 PM
link   
This is not about Bidens cognitive decline or he would have dropped out ages ago.
The last couple of weeks have seen serious momentum for Trump and the Democrats acceptd that Biden simply could not beat him - so in true Democrat style they simply changed the rules of the game and ousted their own nominee, voted for by their party voters.
Of course - all in an effort to save democracy, don't you know.

edit on 21/7/2024 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
This is not about Bidens cognitive decline or he would have dropped out ages ago.
The last couple of weeks have seen serious momentum for Trump and the Democrats acceptd that Biden simply could not beat him - so in true Democrat style they simply changed the rules of the game and ousted their own nominee, voted for by their party voters.
Of course - all in an effort to save democracy, don't you know.

Well said. Americans will reject them like Kryptonite.

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I'm holding with my prediction. Biden is out, right after the Republican Convention. This timing locks in the Republican ticket while leaving the Democrat ticket WIDE OPEN for adjustments over the next few weeks as media coverage and public opinion on that sways.

Media has recently and which I think will continue, sought to offer suggestions on who or what groupings may be viewed by polling or commenting by Democrats as being the best to run against Trump. It's' tossing stuff against the wall to find out what sticks best.

Meanwhile, with Biden's endorsement of Harris, the Republican Party has little choice but to focus on Harris, spending time and money on campaign adds against her. It's my prediction that that is a waste of time. She is a fed herring.

A strong narrative being broadcast right now is that the Democrat Party is in disarray. I do not believe this to be the dase. The notion having been pushed for weeks now, that people were running around either supporting Biden or those running around fomenting revolution against him I again believe to be a red herring. That the power points in that party do not talk to one another, that they are caught by surprise by any of this is just ludicrous.

Certainly there are factions within that party. I don't believe that it is all top down control, however those factions do have varying amounts of power so it will be coalition making. We may see entire administration coalitions emerging.

In any event, the Convention will proceed as Conventions used to proceed, by established proceedure. States will announce their nominees, speeches will be made and votes will be taken. This will proceed as the field narrows until one candidate or one coalition emerges as the chosen to defeat Trump.

We need to keep in mind that one thing every Democrat has in common is that Trump needs to be beaten. Global Climate change, Ukraine, Gaza, the border, will all take a back seat to beating Trump. Those other topics will come into play once the Champion is chosen.

I look for a candidate that can stand on the stage during a debate with him and call him out and face him down. One willing to with force and to to his face call him Chump.Trump the Chump. Maybe a slogan of Dump Trump the Chump. Maybe just Dump the Chump. There will be no need for nicety, no need to pretend any of that. Trump has seen fit to make this a slugfest and the Democrats will chose someone who can stand him down in public.

If not, they certainly do not deserve my or any other persons vote.

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Their party is a mess.

I have a lot of criticism for them, but I don’t think he had any business running again. They could have invoked the 25th if they wanted to oust him.

I hope their party members take note of these shenanigans. But I doubt that as partisans are going to partisan.

I think we need more competition in our political environment. These two parties have been hedging out dissidents inside the parties and outside for a long time.

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Well , at Least Kamala will not have to Debate Vance Now.........(

This! Was really, really looking forward to the Harris/Vance VP debates.

Which could still happen. Wonder if anyone will take Biden's endorsement of her seriously.
edit on 21-7-2024 by gb540 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Open Convention. Kamala says she plans to EARN the party's nomination.

Pelosi in charge: www.politico.com...

(Kamala should make plans to return to California)

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

so in true Democrat style they simply changed the rules of the game and ousted their own nominee, voted for by their party voters.

That is one way of looking at it. But did they really change the rules? I think not. The rules have conditions for a case just like this and they are well written down. Though these rules have not been called into play for at least half a century, what is happening now has been foreseen and guidelines created to go by.

And all of that could also be a part of the red herring, that none of this is a surprise to those who run the party, that this has always been a contingency. While this ''secret'' of Biden's cognition and such has been poorly hidden from the public, it's my opinion that those who orchestrate the party have known for a long time and that those contingency plans have been well in the works. One might say that this all is really part of that plan.

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: BingoMcGoof

I'm holding with my prediction. Biden is out, right after the Republican Convention. This timing locks in the Republican ticket while leaving the Democrat ticket WIDE OPEN for adjustments over the next few weeks as media coverage and public opinion on that sways.

Media has recently and which I think will continue, sought to offer suggestions on who or what groupings may be viewed by polling or commenting by Democrats as being the best to run against Trump. It's' tossing stuff against the wall to find out what sticks best.

Meanwhile, with Biden's endorsement of Harris, the Republican Party has little choice but to focus on Harris, spending time and money on campaign adds against her. It's my prediction that that is a waste of time. She is a fed herring.

A strong narrative being broadcast right now is that the Democrat Party is in disarray. I do not believe this to be the dase. The notion having been pushed for weeks now, that people were running around either supporting Biden or those running around fomenting revolution against him I again believe to be a red herring. That the power points in that party do not talk to one another, that they are caught by surprise by any of this is just ludicrous.

Certainly there are factions within that party. I don't believe that it is all top down control, however those factions do have varying amounts of power so it will be coalition making. We may see entire administration coalitions emerging.

In any event, the Convention will proceed as Conventions used to proceed, by established proceedure. States will announce their nominees, speeches will be made and votes will be taken. This will proceed as the field narrows until one candidate or one coalition emerges as the chosen to defeat Trump.

We need to keep in mind that one thing every Democrat has in common is that Trump needs to be beaten. Global Climate change, Ukraine, Gaza, the border, will all take a back seat to beating Trump. Those other topics will come into play once the Champion is chosen.

I look for a candidate that can stand on the stage during a debate with him and call him out and face him down. One willing to with force and to to his face call him Chump.Trump the Chump. Maybe a slogan of Dump Trump the Chump. Maybe just Dump the Chump. There will be no need for nicety, no need to pretend any of that. Trump has seen fit to make this a slugfest and the Democrats will chose someone who can stand him down in public.

If not, they certainly do not deserve my or any other persons vote.

Very well thought out and reasoned post, considering I just got loads of flaming emojis on Discord

Newsome,Whitmer and HRC all say they endorse Harris, amazingly Obama did not

So when the states vote where will the slate fo choices come from, with 3 favored candidates not suggesting they will not oppose Madame Vice President Harris

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: gb540

I don't. This endorsement serves two functions as I see it. One is to help her keep face for future use, The other motive for the endorsement is to make her a red herring.

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 04:44 PM
link   

At this point, I do not believe anything I hear as set in stone. And what do I hear anyway other than statements made to witless media pundits.

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 05:04 PM
link   
What if Kennedy switched back to being a democrat?

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Commotion commotion magic potion, do 3am magic set it in motion. Printer printer do your will, as real as a 3 dollar bill. Poof$! And the winner is…

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Supposedly Joe Manchin is CONSIDERING re-registering as a Democrat and throwing his hat in the ring

Which to me sounds as if the DNC wants the appearance of a competition for Kamala to win.

x.com...

Jake Tapper
@jaketapper
·
12m
Sources close to Sen Joe Manchin, independent of WV, say he's considering re-registering as a Democrat and throwing his hat into the ring

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join