It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass cyber attack happening right now Australia

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

Except the controversy Crowdstrike's been involved in isn't conspiracy theory

Crowdstrike -- involved in highly controversial, hotly contested 2016 election.

Crowdstrike -- suspected involvement in highly controversial, hotly contested 2020 election that millions of Americans believe was stolen.

It looks like Crowdstrike, again, is going to be involved in the pivotal, highly controversial and what will likely be another hotly contested election just a few months away.

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: cherokeetroy

I'm not saying that Crowdstrike hasn't been involved in some shady stuff in the past. What I am saying is the point you're trying to make about the EI-ISAC utilizing Crowdstrike does not constitute their members utilizing it. In fact, it's more likely to be Microsoft Defender and Sentinel based on this 2019 press release I found from MS. Link

Today, at the Microsoft Build developer conference, CEO Satya Nadella announced ElectionGuard, a free open-source software development kit (SDK) from our Defending Democracy Program. ElectionGuard will make voting secure, more accessible, and more efficient anywhere it’s used in the United States or in democratic nations around the world. ElectionGuard, developed with the assistance of our partner Galois, will be available starting this summer to election officials and election technology suppliers who can incorporate the technology into voting systems. Among ElectionGuard’s many benefits, it will enable end-to-end verification of elections, open results to third-party organizations for secure validation, and allow individual voters to confirm their votes were correctly counted.

If you're looking at who is helping to facilitate election interference, that would be the first place I would look, as they're already partnered with a large percentage of election organizations and vendors.

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

My general point is, based on their history, CrowdStrike shouldn't be partnered with the government at all, yet, they are. And now they're powerful enough to disrupt the entire globe. All due to "amateurish incompetence".

Our elections aren't secure. CrowdStrike isn't solely responsible but that corporation does play a role.

The biggest issue of this election will be trust and that's because there won't be any. From either side.

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
The Windows operating system allows kernel (System) and User instructions and permissions ln the same address space code threads.

Do you have a modern source for that information?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

This attack even spread to doctors' surgeries in the UK; my surgery was affected with a total service outage, they could not access their systems for at least 24 hours.

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

ArMap,

My "complaint" (if that is what it is) is not really so much with MS as with how the "rest of the world" watched them build a near-monopoly and decided it was easier to work with the devil rather than place demands on MS. Clients like the US government could have forced a lot of positive change, but they just let it roll.

So now we are where we are.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 21 2024 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Separation of System and User space in windows is an evolution for Microsoft but it is much better than it used to be.
Even still, it was not architected to be like Linux/Unix with native separation of System and User address space.

Sep or Win User and system space

edit on 21-7-2024 by charlyv because: sp

In the Quora discussion, few are talking about address space. They are fixed on System and User directory structures which have nothing to do with the "emulated" address space separation for User and System. That took a great deal of work to get to where it is today, but virtual it truly is.
edit on 21-7-2024 by charlyv because: content

edit on 21-7-2024 by charlyv because: sp

posted on Jul, 22 2024 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

I was expecting an official source, but thanks anyway.

posted on Jul, 24 2024 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Cavemannick

posted on Jul, 25 2024 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

I was expecting an official source, but thanks anyway.

Sorry. In the day, I was a DEC Advanced Systems Engineer. It was the hottest security feature in OS architecture.
Good explanation here: Separation of User and Kernel address space.
edit on 25-7-2024 by charlyv because: sp

posted on Jul, 26 2024 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Thanks for the explanation, but I know what it is, I only wanted to see an official reference that the "Windows operating system allows kernel (System) and User instructions and permissions ln the same address space code threads".

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I speak and read Russian. My heritage has some Russian in it. Having been behind the Iron Curtain during the Cold War, I know that the Russian people were not different than the people of the US. I cannot say the same thing now as my country has been corrupted by Chinese agents, destroying the moral fabric of society, creating cultural rot while Russia has turned their nation around.

While I am not overly political, I do have Russian friends in the real world and all of them wonder how it is I live where I do, with the sensibilities I have. I am a fairly conservative person who does not agree with the current administration or its policies. Several have said, I should go to Russia, and find myself a gorgeous Russian wife. Which would not be difficult, it’s the fact that I would need to work out a whole lot more to be attractive enough to land one.

Anyway brother, be safe. Not all of us hate the Russian people. Some of us know the difference between the average Russian and their government and we make that distinction just fine.

Take Care.

a reply to: RussianTroll

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Unseendimension

Thank you for such a comment, my friend. In reality, Russia is now like Noah's Ark for people with conservative traditional values. Welcome!
Putin signed a decree that opens the way to Russia for all traditionalists in the world.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2024 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Traditionalists?

You mean "conscripts"?

Conservative values?

Like a dictator for life that imprisons and bans all political opponents or murders them and anyone that voices critical opinions?
edit on 23-8-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

<< 5  6  7   >>

join