It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nearly two-thirds of Democrats want Biden to withdraw, new AP-NORC poll finds

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Nearly two-thirds of Democrats want Biden to withdraw, new AP-NORC poll finds

I don't see how they replace him at this late date, doesn't seem possible. Some Democrats seem to be pushing hard though

apnews.com... =TrueAnthem&utm_medium=AP&utm_source=Twitter

WASHINGTON (AP) — Nearly two-thirds of Democrats say President Joe Biden should withdraw from the presidential race and let his party nominate a different candidate, according to a new poll, sharply undercutting his post-debate claim that “average Democrats” are still with him even if some “big names” are turning on him.

The new survey by the AP-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research, conducted as Biden works to salvage his candidacy two weeks after his debate flop, also found that only about 3 in 10 Democrats are extremely or very confident that he has the mental capability to serve effectively as president, down slightly from 40% in an AP-NORC poll in February.

The findings underscore the challenges the 81-year-old president faces as he tries to silence calls from within his own party to leave the race and tries to convince Democrats that he’s the best candidate to defeat Donald Trump. The poll was conducted mostly before Saturday’s assassination attempt on Trump at a campaign rally in Pennsylvania. It’s unclear whether the shooting influenced people’s views of Biden, but the small number of poll interviews completed after the shooting provided no early indication that his prospects improved.

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Well the poll numbers speak for the people, sort of. Still a tie situation.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

So Virginia is the whole country huh? Fun.

As to the OP, I don't know either who they would put in. I say let him stay. He is his own worst enemy.

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

www.usatoday.com...

Respectfully that's just a Virginia State poll is it not?

www.usatoday.com...

Key points of the presidential poll
Virginia voters were polled at a time when Biden was facing backlash from within Democratic leadership – almost exclusively the non-minority members – for his poor performance in the June 27 CNN debate against Trump. Many of them have called for Biden to step away from a re-election bid, something the president vows he will not do.

One voting bloc to solidly stand behind Biden in the debate turmoil is Black Democratic leadership in Virginia and across the nation, but the VCU poll shows a significant drop in Virginia African American rank-and-file support. The last time the poll was conducted in December 2023, Biden had a 67% approval rating among minorities. The most recent poll shows that it is now down to just 46%.

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

If you dig really deep you can still find one or two polls showing Democrats want Biden to remain in the race; all the rest show the vast majority of liberals want him to drop out.

The problem seems to be there aren't any other candidates that would poll better than Biden.

Being a senior citizen I have to say a geriatric candidate is not my favorite choice-and it seems a lot of Americans agree after the last few years.
That leaves us with two choices, should our winning POTUS become incapacitated or die while in office: Kamalalalala or J.D.Vance.
That's pretty much a no-brainer, no matter what party you favor.

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 11:03 AM
link   

www.usatoday.com...

From your link…
“Trump’s lead falls within the poll’s 4.8% margin of error, indicating that Virginia, blue for the last four presidential elections, is up for grabs this year. Four years ago, Biden defeated Trump by 10% in the commonwealth.”

Trump is leading in a blue state that hasn’t been won by a Republican in 20 years, and that’s good news for Biden? 😆👌
Your mental health will be much better for it if you start managing your expectations so you won’t be too shattered in November.

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

www.usatoday.com...

From your link…
“Trump’s lead falls within the poll’s 4.8% margin of error, indicating that Virginia, blue for the last four presidential elections, is up for grabs this year. Four years ago, Biden defeated Trump by 10% in the commonwealth.”

Trump is leading in a blue state that hasn’t been won by a Republican in 20 years, and that’s good news for Biden? 😆👌
Your mental health will be much better for it if you start managing your expectations so you won’t be too shattered in November.

My mental health is just fine either way. Alternatively it's still in a tie situation, no getting around that.

www.nytimes.com...

But if Trump and Vance keep dodging answering the federal abortion ban question, that will be a red flag. However, it is still too early to judge, but the tie situation seems to be the ongoing theme.
edit on q00000013731America/Chicago4040America/Chicago7 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

If you dig really deep you can still find one or two polls showing Democrats want Biden to remain in the race; all the rest show the vast majority of liberals want him to drop out.

The problem seems to be there aren't any other candidates that would poll better than Biden.

Being a senior citizen I have to say a geriatric candidate is not my favorite choice-and it seems a lot of Americans agree after the last few years.
That leaves us with two choices, should our winning POTUS become incapacitated or die while in office: Kamalalalala or J.D.Vance.
That's pretty much a no-brainer, no matter what party you favor.

It's a fair point, the Vice Presidential candidates are more important than ever.

I find it interesting though, never before in modern history has an incumbent President been pressured so much by his own party.

Hell LBJ had to implore the DNC to not nominate him in 68

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 11:17 AM
link   

www.usatoday.com...

From your link…

My mental health is just fine either way. Alternatively it's still in a tie situation, no getting around that.

A blue state in a tie situation is devastating to Bidens chances.
I’m surprised USA Today actually admitted that.
He can’t afford to lose any blue states.
Current projections show Trump winning 330 electorals.
If Trump wins the popular vote too, a very real probability, I sincerely hope your head doesn’t pop.

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 11:18 AM
link   

www.usatoday.com...

From your link…

If Trump wins the popular vote too, a very real probability, I sincerely hope your head doesn’t pop.

Early days yet, Trump and Vance still can screw it up.

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I was just thinking, if the democrats switched out Biden’s VP with someone fresh who has an actual functioning brain, Biden might actually not get blown out so bad in November.
They know Biden won’t make it 4 more years so his VP pick actually matters, and Kamala isn’t it.

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 11:21 AM
link   
They can't let him stay as it would enable the serious decline of integrity of the position of the POTUS, the position of the USA at home and on the world stage, and more of the complete incompetence we just witnessed on July 13th.

Because there is the risk he could win. And IF that were to happen, the next four years will be much worse than the present term we are experiencing.

Looking at the clown show handling of the assassination attempt on Trump, can you imagine if say a 9/11 or sudden large scale attack on the USA happened? I can't nor do I want to. And we're already under attack, Fentanyl everywhere, crime so out of control many large cities now have a "crime" tax, food and housing prices out of control. We cannot continue to allow the degradation our quality of life and conservatives aren't the only ones feeling it. The Left need to step up for themselves if not for our country. And Harris is no better. She actually came out and stated that the new VP Vance candidate was not loyal to our country and only for himself.

"Donald Trump has picked his new running mate: J.D. Vance. Trump looked for someone he knew would be a rubber stamp for his extreme agenda," Harris said in the video. "Make no mistake: J.D. Vance will be loyal only to Trump, not to our country."

A man who comes from a very broken home amidst drugs and alcohol, who worked hard, joined the Marines, graduated from Harvard, built a business that provides employment opportunities..... happens to be the epitome of a success.

I don't see how she can claim he isn't loyal to the USA as that is a direct insult to any military personnel who placed their lives on the line for this country.

The Left won't be able to get around Harris either so they're screwed. I'm more worried about the underhanded efforts of the election than what's being presented on the table.

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 11:21 AM
link   

www.usatoday.com...

From your link…

Very true.
It’s Trump’s to win or lose at this point.

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 11:27 AM
link   

I was just thinking, if the democrats switched out Biden’s VP with someone fresh who has an actual functioning brain, Biden might actually not get blown out so bad in November.
They know Biden won’t make it 4 more years so his VP pick actually matters, and Kamala isn’t it.

They are stuck between a Barrack and a hard place.

Kamala Harris is Barrack's candidate, hell she even tries to emulate his speeches with no success. Barrack was such a better communicator

then we have the Biden family, if they don't want Joe to leave he isn't leaving

then there are the big-money donors who do not want to finance a failed campaign and get zero influence for thier dollars spent.

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 11:29 AM
link   
It's obvious the Parti knows Biden is in trouble by the way they are handling and lying about the Trump shooting. 😊

link   

www.usatoday.com...

From your link…

Very true.

I agree and the MSM, DNC etc. is looking for every opportunity.

but let's face it Joe and Kamala have no room for error themselves

link   

www.usatoday.com...

From your link…

Very true.

Double post brought to you by Dominion software
edit on p000000317am076 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

But if Trump and Vance keep dodging answering the federal abortion ban question, that will be a red flag.

Get real, Trump is dodging nothing.

“At the urging of former President Donald Trump and his allies, the Republican Party is set to abandon a decadeslong push for a federal abortion ban and soften its stance on same-sex marriage in its platform, according to changes made in a draft policy platform passed Monday morning ahead of next week’s Republican National Convention in Milwaukee.“

“This is a position that leaves it up to the states, which is the position of the Republican Party.”
www.nbcnews.com...

Announced July 8th, 2024
Very transparent.
Where ya been?

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 11:51 AM
link   

100m of campaign money gets locked up if they do...only Biden's campaign can use it.

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 11:51 AM
link   

that's likely true, but there would be no way to remove a black woman from the ticket, and not have the progressive left sever your head. DEI positions must remain.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join