It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what does "the best of the best" look like?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 07:17 AM
link   
In thinking about the shooting, we have all hashed out many different aspects of this, and incompetence is a big one that keeps making the rounds.

So we have the Secret Service. A group of law enforcement people who are brought in for one reason. They are the best, of the best. Or at least that's how it was. That's what we used to hear. I'd like to believe that's still the case, but in light of this, it sure doesn't seem that way. Sure we can all arm chair quarterback this, but in reality, the facts exist outside of anyone's political bubble. The agents there had one job to do. Not saying it's an easy one, but it's an important one. One they are all supposed to be willing to die for. Each one is supposed to take the bullet for whomever they are charged to protect. So for all involved, this is a big deal. Every time.

The failures were large enough they were captured on camera. Shooter climbed up on the roof of the very building cops were staged at. Folks in the crowd film him, point to him, tell cops about him, ask why nobody is doing anything about him, and he is able to crawl to his spot, set up his rifle, and take at least 4 shots. Maybe that's normal, but every part of my common sense tells me this is all wrong. If this was normal, folks would die all the time. Trump wasn't killed because he moved.

So at best, at the absolute best, this was a gargantuan failure of almost everything the best of the best were supposed to do. Secure the area, keep the asset safe. Once you think past the best, you have to entertain the idea many are talking about. "They" either planned this, or allowed it to happen. Now who "they" are will forever be a question we likely won't get answers to, and frankly, it doesn't matter. "They" will always exist in some form, and when you find one, there are more that you didn't find. Like cockroaches.

But if we are allowed to know the truth due to some independent investigations, it's my hope that we can find a way to shine a very bright light on this expose the "they" as much as possible, so they will be forced to stop the current war that's waging in the shadows. I'm not very optimistic that we will get to know the truth, but if by some luck we are, we should not allow it to keep festering. Point to it, and don't stop until everyone sees it.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 07:23 AM
link   
To me that 20 year old severely bullied "kid" was radicalized by both parties' rhetoric. If things don't change to end division then there may be another civil war 2024 style.

As for the Secret Service's competence, well we saw how badly they failed.
edit on q00000024731America/Chicago4242America/Chicago7 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Maybe this was the fake dollar ss rather than the keeping the prez alive ss?

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

who made the kid crazy is another discussion. What allowed him to act on his craziness is this one. And it's hard to see it any other way, than failure, be it accidental, or purposeful.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

who made the kid crazy is another discussion. What allowed him to act on his craziness is this one. And it's hard to see it any other way, than failure, be it accidental, or purposeful.

It's not for another discussion, that kid is a direct example of both parties' rhetoric and saying it isn't so, does not make it so.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

that would explain the seemingly unfit agents parading around with weapons they didn't seem familiar with. Being a robust person, I have intimate knowledge on the running abilities of a fat person. I'm too big to run. I adapt accordingly.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

It's not for another discussion, that kid is a direct example of both parties' rhetoric and saying it isn't so, does not make it so.

OK, kid is nuts, and it's everyone's fault. lead by example.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 07:30 AM
link   

a reply to: SprocketUK

that would explain the seemingly unfit agents parading around with weapons they didn't seem familiar with. Being a robust person, I have intimate knowledge on the running abilities of a fat person. I'm too big to run. I adapt accordingly.

Did you see the two troopers on stage aiming their weapons at the people filming?
edit on q00000030731America/Chicago4040America/Chicago7 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 07:31 AM
link   

It is both parties' rhetoric that is at fault, face the reality.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 07:38 AM
link   

face reality? WTF did I say?

And here, www.abovetopsecret.com... A place for your off topic talk, something you are famous for.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I agree that the media is very complicit in radicalizing people like this telling one lie after another about not just Trump but anyone they feel is a threat to them or the deep state through the years. If you are not part of their agenda and falling in line the media bashes and bad mouths and uses scare tactics. There are uniformed people right now that truly believe that Trump is another Hitler and that the country will fall into ruin if he gains power. They believe he said things he never said, they believe in this fake agenda that you can really only find on biden supported pages. The media in this country is very irresponsible.

But with that said, now that more and more video and evidence is surfacing that something is very fishy about how this went down. Now I dont believe the BS that this was done by the trump campaign. Anyone that has ever shot a rifle knows that even with a well trained sniper, trying to pull something like that off would be entirely too risky, so the blame has to fall to what is stated above. Either the SS knew this was coming or let it happen. You can clearly see the SS sniper trained on the shooter for a minute or two before any shots were fired. When he went back to his scope to take out the threat he did not have to aim. He was already aimed. We will see if it is true or not but somewhere I read that the snipers superiors would not give him the all clear to take out the threat until after he popped off some rounds. That sounds like an order from above to me.

Look, they tried to slander him, they tried to make up fake russian collusion charges, they tried to impeach him twice, they tried to imprison him.. None of that worked. He keeps coming so what is the next logical step? Its not hard to do the math and draw the lines.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 07:40 AM
link   

face reality? WTF did I say?

And here, www.abovetopsecret.com... A place for your off topic talk, something you are famous for.

You are skirting around the root problem as usual, that is what I say.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTardis2

That's right, mentally ill people or politically radicalized people without mental health issues only bad choice issues will turn to violence if they believe they are doing what is right for the country. Plain and simple. The rhetoric needs to be controlled in a civil manner.
edit on q00000043731America/Chicago3636America/Chicago7 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I said this was going to happen and ta da ! here it is. You're trying to spread the blame, when in fact it's been the Left all along who have painted Trump and Conservatives as Nazis, Fascists, a threat to Democracy, saying Trump is going to be a Dictator etc, etc...

By the way, it was one of your Democrat heroes Hillary Clinton who said Conservatives need to be " re educated".

You were fine with labeling us last week and now you want to call for peace and unity.

This is on YOU.

Face the reality.
edit on 16-7-2024 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

I said this was going to happen and ta da ! here it is. You're trying to spread the blame, when in fact it's been the Left all along who have painted Trump and Conservatives as Nazis, Fascists, a threat to Democracy, saying Trump is going to be a Dictator etc, etc...

By the way, it was one of your Democrat heroes Hillary Clinton who said Conservatives need to be " re educated".

You were fine with labeling us last week and now you want to call for peace and unity.

This is on YOU.

Face the reality.

And there it is! Division at work to keep the sickness going.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 08:04 AM
link   

There ya go !! I knew I could count on you !

Keep spreading the blame !!

Division ? Not really. I voted for Obama the first time and found out it was a mistake. Everything I've seen from the Democrats since then has just reinforced my idea that you are bad for America.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Haha same dude!

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 08:08 AM
link   
No, division is what you and your ilk strive for.a reply to: quintessentone

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 08:13 AM
link   

a reply to: TheTardis2

That's right, mentally ill people or politically radicalized people without mental health issues only bad choice issues will turn to violence if they believe they are doing what is right for the country. Plain and simple. The rhetoric needs to be controlled in a civil manner.

Yes and no. I dont believe the media should ever be controlled by anyone. I think the media needs to start reporting the news and not reporting their opinions unless the programming is specifically listed as an opinion piece. Right now the media is solely controlled by the democrats with very little exception. That is dangerous and this lopsided reporting is what has lead us here. If the media had spent as long reporting on the good things Trump has done as they have reporting on how evil he is we would be in a different country right now. Just think about that for a second.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

There ya go !! I knew I could count on you !

Keep spreading the blame !!

Division ? Not really. I voted for Obama the first time and found out it was a mistake. Everything I've seen from the Democrats since then has just reinforced my idea that you are bad for America.

You can sure count on me to call out the BS here at ATS. I listen to both sides rhetoric, am I the only one here that does?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join