It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 1,100 Migrants Arrived in First 10 Days of Labour Government

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Following a quiet Sunday and Monday where we saw no crossings today it's business as usual with 351 migrants from 6 boats ferried to the UK by the immigration ferry service.

Todays number would have been around 100 higher but the bottom of their boat ripped open , at least 12 died and more than 65 people were rescued and returned to France.

France's Interior minister Gerald Darmanin is expected in Pas-de-Calais later this afternoon.

Posting on X, he described the incident as "terrible", adding that "all government resources [have been] mobilised to find the missing and take care of the victims".
news.sky.com...

Hollow words Gerry it's your government allowing them to make the crossings , secure your border mon ami.
edit on 3-9-2024 by gortex because: spelling

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Hollow words Gerry it's your government allowing them to make the crossings , secure your border mon ami.

⬆️⬆️⬆️THIS⬆️⬆️⬆️
...and France is a safe country from wherever they've fled from, the poor victims of this were being too choosy about where they claimed asylum.
France was a better option than death, I hope others take note, and stay in the safe EU.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Thanks for all the updates mate, sterling work.

I honestly dont know the politics behind it, but if Britain didnt do Brexit and were still in the EU, would these boats still arrive.
Or would the French have to stop them leaving?

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge2

There's no real increase in the numbers, there's been a steady onslaught for years now.
That includes pre-Brexit days, pre-Kier Stalin.

From a British perspective the French have done precious little to stem the flow, simply a case of passing the hot potato onto the UK. Once they are in the boats and on their way over here its no longer their problem. That's the way its been for quite a few years now.
The French believe its a problem of the UK's own making - and to an extent they are right.

An interesting little read;
www.bbc.co.uk...

He did condemn the smugglers, but most of his comments focused on the lure of what he views as Britain’s loosely regulated job market, that acts like a magnet, drawing young Eritreans, determined Sudanese, Afghans, Syrians and Iraqis to this coastline, convinced that they if they can just make it across this last, short stretch of water - or even half way across - they’ll end up in a country where they can find work, even without the right paperwork.

To be honest, in a lot of cases I don't blame the immigrants themselves, in many cases they are fleeing horrific circumstances and living conditions etc especially by our standards.
Its the politicians who ignore the impact of their social engineering and the cares and concerns of those affected and the wider implications on our society.

If they first of all started enforcing existing regulations and laws that would see a huge reduction in the numbers entering the EU, then the UK and in turn RoI.
We could then go about the business of sorting our own issues out and weeding out the undesirables and illegals already here, fixing broken relationships and resetting our own priorities.

Then maybe we could start looking at the real core issue; Why so many of these people want to leave the #holes they come from.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Yesterday 317 migrants from 5 boats were ferried to the UK by the immigration ferry service.

Meanwhile Coco the clown called Rishi Sunak "the Prime Minister" twice during Prime Minister's Questions in the Commons today proving beyond doubt he actually is a bloody idiot.

Never thought it would happen but Starmer makes me wish Sunak was still PM.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Latest Opinium poll shows Starmer's popularity has plunged now standing at -13% down 6 points from just a couple of weeks ago when it was found he had dropped from +19 to -7.
x.com...

After just 2 months in office.

edit on 4-9-2024 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

At first I bristled when I heard the French were blaming us, but on second thoughts, they have a point.

But I am sure that with his vast succeses as head of Prosecutions he will crack down on the smuggling gangs.

Oh. Probably not......
edit on 4-9-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 03:57 PM
link   
A correction to my post above Kier Starmer actually called Rishi Sunak "Prime Minister" 5 times at Prime Minister's Questions today , how embarrassing.

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Following the report of a boat in the water off the French coast yesterday it seems they and others made it to the 12 mile line as 257 migrants from 5 boats were ferried to England yesterday.
edit on 5-9-2024 by gortex because: spelling

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
A correction to my post above Kier Starmer actually called Rishi Sunak "Prime Minister" 5 times at Prime Minister's Questions today , how embarrassing.

Somebody from his own party shoulda taken him aside after the second one, given him a slap and told him "hey little boy, you're the p.m. now. NOW ACT LIKE IT"

What a complete d1ckhead
edit on 5 9 2024 by SecretKnowledge2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Slightly off topic but still pertinent. ITV have investigated the conditions seasonal workers from EU are put up in and charged for. It's a damming report. These people are here for 6 months of the year totally legally and live in squalid conditions, pay rent, and are treated appalingly. I have absolutely no issue with these people coming here for 6 months to earn a living on a work visa, but my god, the conditions they are housed in and they way they are treated is disgusting.
Yet the 'irregular' migrants get 4* accomodation and extras!!!!
ITV link
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 5 2024 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Modern day slavery.

Disgusting.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Havnt time to read the link work beckons.

But they are the people our and your country needs. They are the ones who should be put up in hotels, given the good treatment.
What a horrible disgusting way to treat them.

Yet again another example of something that is very very wrong happening right in our faces. In years to come people will ask why we didnt do more to stop the boats.

posted on Sep, 6 2024 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge2

We are asking that question now.

<< 13  14  15   >>

join