It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melania's statement is something everyone should pay attention to what do you guys think?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:
(post by WeMustCare removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

originally posted by: Shoshanna
a reply to: WeMustCare

trump is a badass remember when he launched 59 tomahawk missiles at syria we need a movie starring stephen seagal as trump. has to have a three word title as most seagal films do i suggest "born to serve" hehehehehe put the bottle down sho

The way the media insulted Melania and made up stories about her and Trump fighting, nearing divorce, and other negatives, makes me throw out all the "togetherness" emotions Melania wants us to feel and act upon. I want most Democrats eradicated, then get along with the few decent ones remaining.

well not eradicated but like i feel like there is a problem somewhere because these younger people seem so radical and also paranoid. idk if its because they havent been around long enough to see that the government does very little usually because of gridlock where the president and congress are two different parties and even when they are the same and it should be smooth sailing not that much actually gets done. theyre like worried trump can turn the entire world upside down in 8 years it will never happen. all he can do is improve things a little and pass the torch on. and all of what ive heard him talk about have been improvements to america not improvements to foreign countries like what biden has been doing.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shoshanna

originally posted by: Mahogani
Commenting on what you said first -- of course it is a ghostwriter. I have not even read the text yet, but we all know Melania's use of English is elementary at best. Any statements that came out from the first lady's office or now come from the former first lady's office come from the professionals on staff. Even the president's speeches get written by someone else.

Ok, gonna go back and read what they wrote.

shes so cute. "be best" freaking adorable.

No, it's beautifully written, I agree. I just read all of it twice.

But she did not write that. She does not command the English language in a way needed to write that.

Here is how I look at it.

I recently met a doctor. Recently, as in a few years ago; we've become something of friends. And he's been in the States for about a decade, but his English is fricking perfect. It's flawless. So I asked him how he learned English so well.

He told me it was not always so great and he worked on it very hard. When he became a doctor in his country, a certain status came with it. But when he came here to the States, even though he was a doctor, he didn't feel the same respect he did at home. He did not have the same vocabulary and could not express himself in the same way. Even the fellow doctors, he felt, did not take him seriously because of his poor English.

So he decided to fix that. He started reading voraciously, hundreds of books, medical journals in English... took advanced classes and so on. When his family went to bed at night, he would stay up and read, and practice his English.

And he did it. His accent is near imperceptible and his vocabulary impressive, ten years later.

He is a highly intelligent and highly driven person who was not happy not being taken seriously, so he put his mind to it and made a change.

Melania is a fashion model who has been here for 30 years and is content with her level of English. She is more than happy to have someone else speak for her or write for her.

And they did write it beautifully.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

isnt it a shame how some people look down on other people because theyre different? like who cares if somebody doesnt speak english well it doesnt mean theyre dumb im sorry people looked at the guy different just because he didnt speak english well that part shouldnt matter. the only problem i have is when people have been here for years and dont learn any english but then expect you to just understand spanish it happens surprisingly frequently where i live.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

But I understand it, even though it is sad.

We have all these thoughts and ideas in our heads. It's what makes us us. And the only way, or rather the best way, apart from visual art or music... the best way to get all those thoughts and ideas across to other humans is through language.

The better you grasp and use language, the better you get across who you are and what you think. And exchange those ideas with others. Even in our heads, our inner voices, they use language. It sounds like us.

So anyone who limits their knowledge of language is actually willingly limiting who they are and what they are capable of, in their lives. In the only life we have.

It should not be made fun of, but it's certainly not something to celebrate either.

Language makes us who we are. We should all strive to become masters at it.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I'm good with it.

I don't care if someone else helped her with it.

It says what she feels and she agrees with it.

She probably said how she felt and what she wanted to say, and a professional cleaned it up for her but still got the basic premise across that she wanted to say.

So it's all good.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Every time I have heard her speak she is eloquent and to the point, obviously an intelligent lady with some old world bearing in how she carries herself.

Also obvious she is not thrilled being in the political limelight.

.. because she is a European and we have class

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

Every time I have heard her speak she is eloquent and to the point, obviously an intelligent lady with some old world bearing in how she carries herself.

i would definitely describe Melania as one classy lassie!

i dont think its just because shes european. shes her own person no matter where shes from

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

i would definitely describe Melania as one classy lassie!

i dont think it has anything to do with her being european shes her own person no matter where shes from. sorry i tried to edit my comment above because it put it in the quote with your comment but i dont know how to fix it keeps doing it

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Is Melania Trump a polyglot?
Melania told MSNBC in February 2016 that she spoke "English, Italian, French, German." Alongside her native Slovenian, that makes the five languages Crowley referred to. While it's also been claimed that she can speak Serbian, Newsweek could not find Melania claiming that herself.

link to source

she must be a DERP. Only 5? weak!

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 05:43 PM
link   
It's nice Melania has people who can help write her sentiments in language even the dumbest Americans can understand! I'm sure there's an official Spanish translation for those who don't wish to learn English-and the 57 other languages on all the official government papers for 'assistance' now.

Melania is one classy lady, and the best first lady we've had in many decades. Also the prettiest first lady we've ever had.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 05:44 PM
link   
i was just thinking i hope Melania knows how highly we think of her. do you guys think she does? im sure Donald tells her all the time but she probably doesnt really believe it just coming from him know what i mean? because like of course he would say that hes her husband. i hope she knows everybody likes her!

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Don't be sorry, you did nothing wrong. I will put content in others threads and hope they will start a thread about it...because I am not interested in making threads unless I think it is important that I do so. So if you see me post something then take it away and make a thread on it. Some people like making threads. In the time I have been here I have not made that many threads, so my flag count is low because of that. Some people have taken things I have brought to light in posts here and gone into depth to make a thread about them....I am happy I stimulated their curiosity.

In this case, you came up with the idea before I had, so no use saying you are sorry, especially since I would never have started a thread about it and because of that the exposure would not have been as good and most people would never have seen my post buried fifty replies or more down.

Keep up with creating threads so I can post on them.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 05:56 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 06:48 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Kaiju666

Nobody has ever hated legal immigrants. By legal we all mean those who applied for green cards or visas, who got checked and had to bring a minimum amount of money into the country, have a job lined up or own property.

Not asylum seekers or the hordes of family dragged in just because a 'srudent' lives here, nor those who just walk/boat in, demand money and a house and citizenship for nothing and get it no questions asked.

There is a difference you know?!

Legal immigrants are great.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Da Comrad. And Barons 1/2 Eastern European. What Dad say bout immigrants?

"Vell darling! U dynt tink he vas talking about ME"!

I'm just saying....
edit on 07243331America/ChicagoSun, 14 Jul 2024 19:25:33 -050025202400000033 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Da Comrad. And Barons 1/2 Eastern European. What Dad say bout immigrants?

"Vell darling! U dynt tink he vas talking about ME"!

I'm just saying....

At least Barron isn't an illegally born orphan from Indonesia 😃

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

Feel free to think of me an ignorant extremist if you wish but certainly this is ghostwritten, the reasons to think this have already been expressed by others.

It does read well. It flows and hits all the points, musically speaking it is ''pitch perefect''. But not written by her. It is beautifully done and very artful. But I do not think it is art, I think it is propaganda designed to pluck at the heartstrings of Americans who have been thrown further into tumult by this extremely ignorant and overly egotistical young dead man.

It is my belief that when peoples receive a shock such as this one that propagandists find fertile fields to plant their messages. This I"m sorry to say is, I think, one of those moments.

posted on Jul, 14 2024 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I'd assume a bit of both...her dictating to someone for the rough then sitting down and refining it. I seriously doubt any communication from any politician or related/tied to puts anything out in writing without polishing it. Spoken things can be different but usually rehearsed or strategized at the least. Every campaign my cousin has run worked that way...and thats only state and local offices.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join