It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fallout and the end of #46

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 01:07 AM
link   
After Biden's two very important meetings today, he also had his worst blunders. Both severe in their timing and importance to some but also both while under the microscope of those determining his capabilities as a candidate for 2024.

Here is a piece from The telegraph:

But with his ridiculous errors on the names of some of his closest allies, he risked making America look like an international joke, and left Western leaders scrambling to cover for him.

It is almost certain that tonight’s events will see more Democrats come forward to declare they cannot support his campaign any longer.

He was insistent he would not stand down, and this campaign will only end when Mr Biden decides to end it.

But if Mr Biden looked shaky at the start of this week, tonight he looked finished. The coming days will be dark indeed.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

From NBC,

But a Democratic official, who was forbidden from speaking publicly about the political dynamics of Biden’s news conference, said he “did not do anything to reassure Democrats that he understands how dire his political situation is or that he has a realistic plan to win.”

“He seemed most comfortable talking about foreign policy issues like NATO, issues that swing voters in battleground states do not care about — at all,” the Democratic official said. “He also had no message for the future. The case he presented for re-election was all about achievements from two years ago.”

With the presidential nominating conventions approaching, a Democratic leadership aide said time is running out to sustain the intraparty fighting.

“The week after next when [lawmakers] are back is the final make-or-break moment,” the source said. “If Biden stays in at that point, we have to rally around him.”

www.nbcnews.com...

And Finally CNN:

Barack Obama and Nancy Pelosi have spoken privately about Joe Biden and the future of his 2024 campaign. Both the former president and ex-speaker expressed concerns about how much harder they think it’s become for the president to beat Donald Trump. Neither is quite sure what to do.

Democrats are desperate for the dispiriting infighting to end so they can get back to trying to beat the former president. And they’re begging either Obama or Pelosi to help them get there, aware that Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer doesn’t have the trust of Biden and that House Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries doesn’t have the depth of relationship to deliver the message.

CNN spoke with more than a dozen members of Congress, operatives and multiple people in touch with both Obama and Pelosi, many of whom say that the end for Biden’s candidacy feels clear and at this point it’s just a matter of how it plays out, even after Thursday night’s news conference.

www.cnn.com...

It's evident that Joe Biden is finished without the significant support he needs. The fact that the Left are practically begging for help from Pelosi and Obama is sad. Anyway, it looks like the 22nd of July will be 'the date' which Biden will or won't be their official candidate for 2024.

Over the next few months, it'll get uglier than usual as Joe steps aside after some 'deep' contemplation. Following that, the craziness surrounding the selection of the new 2024 candidate will make this one whirlwind of an election.

edit on th31202400000031bFri, 12 Jul 2024 01:08:00 -05002024000000x by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 01:33 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 02:00 AM
link   
He’s done , Dems and MSM can’t hide the fact that he is demented. It’s really sad watching at this point , the only talking point for the Dems is Trump Trump Trump.

Every negative thing Joe and his posse have done in the past few years was blamed on someone else (usually Trump).

The left is gonna go nuts when Trump gets back in the White House. Trumps first week back in the White House all the Dems will be screaming impeachment, 25th , Democracy is ruined. So sick of hearing the same crap from them.

Karmas a bitch

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Fact checking Biden’s post-NATO news conference
President errs on polls, border numbers and the timing of Trump’s remarks on Putin.

Here's WaPo take below

For me though it seems Biden flubs worse when he is trying to make a serious point. If he can't frame his Trump zingers properly, the message loses focus and comes across as babbling.

Forgetting the sequence of key events, touting UAW backing when the head of the UAW expressed concerns just today, shows a lack of immediate awareness, if not outright leaving Team Biden's only defense "well yeah he made mistakes but he is better than Trump" seems a bit hollow

www.msn.com... xj

CNN
1.2M Followers
UAW chief and other board members have concerns about Biden’s ability to beat Trump, source says

www.washingtonpost.com...

After the three-day NATO summit in Washington, President Biden answered questions from reporters. Here’s a roundup of claims he made, in the order in which he made them.

“In fact, the day after Putin invaded Ukraine, here’s what he said. ‘It was genius.’ ‘It was wonderful.’ Some of you forgot that. But that’s exactly what he said.”

Cut through the 2024 election noise. Get The Campaign Moment newsletter.
— Biden

Biden is basically correct on what Trump said, but he has the chronology wrong. Trump was admiring of Russian President Vladimir Putin the day before the invasion, not the day after.

“You gotta say, that’s pretty savvy,” Trump said on a conservative talk radio show of Putin’s decision to declare certain breakaway regions in Ukraine as independent. “And you know what the response was from Biden? There was no response. They didn’t have one for that. No, it’s very sad. Very sad.”

“This is genius,” Trump said. “Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine … . Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful.”

Follow Fact-checking politicians

Follow
Trump made his remarks on Feb. 23, 2022. Russian forces invaded Ukraine on Feb. 24.

“As a consequence, working with Mexico, border encounters have gone down over 50 percent. The current level is lower today than when Trump left office.”

Biden’s framing is misleading. He is referring to a Department of Homeland Security estimate that the seven-day average of migrant apprehensions dropped more than 40 percent to less than 2,400 encounters per day since he issued an executive action barring asylum at the southern border. But the numbers are still higher than when Trump was president.

“The UAW just endorsed me.”

The United Auto Workers endorsed Biden in January. After Biden made this statement in response to a question about UAW support, there was an increase in search traffic about whether the union had endorsed him, perhaps because during his debate with Donald Trump, Biden falsely said he had been endorsed by the Border Patrol union. He quickly corrected himself at the time to say the union had endorsed the bipartisan border bill.

“There are at least five presidents running or incumbent presidents who had lower numbers than I have now later in the campaign.”

Biden’s whistling past the graveyard here. According to the presidential ratings tracked by FiveThirtyEight, Biden’s approval rating, 36.8 percent, at this point in his presidency is lower than any other presidents besides George H.W. Bush (36.7 percent) and Jimmy Carter (33.9 percent). Gerald Ford had an approval rating slightly higher. All three lost.

The statistics go back to Harry S. Truman and the advent of modern polling, so it’s unclear why Biden claimed five presidents had lower numbers. He could have been referring to election polling numbers, though approval ratings of incumbent presidents are a good guide to chances of victory. Presidents with approval ratings of at least 50 percent have won reelection — and Biden is far below that.

“As you recall, understandably, many of you and many economists thought my initial initiatives that I put forward, ‘can’t do that, it’s going to cause inflation, things are going to skyrocket, debt’s going to go up.’”

Inflation spiked to 9 percent one year after Biden passed his covid relief plan. Whether the bill made inflation worse is still subject to debate. As we have explained before, deficits (and thus the national debt) went up because of Biden’s policies.

“More children are killed by the bullet than any other cause of death.”

Biden: 'Control guns, not girls'
1:01
President Biden said on July 11 that his party must finish what they have started in promoting civil rights and women’s rights. (Video: The Washington Post, Photo: Demetrius Freeman/The Washington Post)
Biden is using a statistic on gun deaths of “children and teens,” meaning it includes deaths of 18- and 19-year-olds, who are legally considered adults in most states. When you focus only on children — 17 and younger — motor vehicle deaths (broadly defined) still rank No. 1, as they have for six decades, though the gap is rapidly closing. Deaths of children from gun violence have increased about 50 percent from 2019 to 2021, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention data shows.

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Episode 380: LIVE FROM FREEDOM FEST ‘24

In this episode of The Highwire, the case is clear that Biden is having symptoms of Parkinson disease. With Biden a strong supporter of the mRNA therapy, he is up to his 6th shot now. Del does ask the question, is there some amyloid beta prion disease to account for this neurological decline? How many others in government are going through a similar thing?

With what is going on with these kind of conditions, it is only going down hill. As for how long he can drag it out? What happens if he steps down just before the election? What kind of chaos and anarchy is that going to introduce to the election cycle?

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 03:18 AM
link   
As Biden's inner circle remains defiant, former allies in the MSM continue to have serious doubts.

It's a slow-motion train wreck,and we get to watch. This clip where he asks somebody off-camera "what are you doing?" ....mid-sentence?

www.reddit.com... _term=1&utm_content=share_button

www.newyorker.com...

There was a bad whiff about the event well before it began. In the hours leading up to the press conference, more dire news stalked Biden—a Pew Research poll found that seventy-one per cent of Biden’s own voters wanted both him and former President Donald Trump to drop out; a steady drip of Democratic lawmakers was practically begging him to “do the right thing” and step aside; quotes to the press from anonymous Biden aides declared his candidacy all but dead as his approval rating sank to a new low of just under thirty-seven per cent in the FiveThirtyEight average. “He needs to drop out,” one Biden campaign staffer told NBC News. “He will never recover from this.”

The enduring questions about Biden’s advanced age and continued fitness for office certainly weren’t helped by his pre-game gaffe at the final session of nato’s seventy-fifth-anniversary summit that he’s been hosting in Washington this week. “Ladies and gentlemen, President Putin,” he said, while introducing Ukraine’s President, Volodymyr Zelensky. He quickly caught himself and turned back to the podium to correct his mistake: “President Putin? He’s gonna beat President Putin.” But, coming less than an hour before the press conference, it wasn’t a good omen. And sure enough, Biden was barely into his first response before he let loose another gaffe, arguably even cringier than the first. Asked about Vice-President Kamala Harris and her ability to step in for him if need be, Biden responded by saying, “Look, I wouldn’t have picked Vice-President Trump to be Vice-President if I think she was not qualified to be President.” This time, he did not even spot the error.

edit on p000000317am076 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Power wonks and wonkettes jockeying for position. Ambitious dems smell blood on the water, but can they force their will on jill ?

Cheers

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Makes not a ounce of difference to me in my position. Regardless of who's the guy in charge I act within the limits of my discretion. For all of you here on the boards who keep pushing these directives and not subject to it's rules, please respect the hard work sacrifce and collective efforts to keep the Peace.

It's quiet here tonight. Something showed up recently that caused us all to fight.

It was horrible to deal with and beautiful to see how average Americans understand how Beauty can be used to decieve.

Sincerely a humble woman who's so ugly that it hurts. The lengths some people go to to justify abuse? It hurts.

So stop defending women who abuse the graces given them in pursuit of certain causes.

Celebrate abstention and the right to procreate, and the reasons of compassionate end of life is not up for debate.

I was up for four violent days with voices in my head so loud and overwhelming it's something that I dread with nothing more than pain and rage I justified my Life, and I finally was allowed some sleep in defense of certain life.

It iusn't very easy and the rights of some certain sides, pushing certain DEMIQUEENS is abuseand why we fight.

So Men Iimplore and caution on these reasons I caution so on the power of beauty passion and it's effects to corrupt a soul.

I'm not trying to push my stance or ask for your saving grace, and thank you from women everywhere embarassed of our face and race.

edit on 7/12/24 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Enduro

The left is gonna go nuts when Trump gets back in the White House. Trumps first week back in the White House all the Dems will be screaming impeachment, 25th , Democracy is ruined.

On the flip side you have all the republicans, screaming they terk our election...

So sick of of hearing the same crap, it's like watching barely self aware siblings trowing a temper tantrum whenever the other gets his way...

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: Enduro

The left is gonna go nuts when Trump gets back in the White House. Trumps first week back in the White House all the Dems will be screaming impeachment, 25th , Democracy is ruined.

On the flip side you have all the republicans, screaming they terk our election...

So sick of of hearing the same crap, it's like watching barely self aware siblings trowing a temper tantrum whenever the other gets his way...

Ah, the "But Trump" retort. Never saw that one coming.

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Biden at his best is still bad, was a funny moment when he called Zelenskyy, Putin. geez

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Biden at his best is still bad, was a funny moment when he called Zelenskyy, Putin. geez

I thought the funniest remark was when he refered to Trump as his vice president.

edit on 1/1/1908 by nugget1 because: sp

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 08:02 AM
link   
He did great. It obviously proves he's totally alright and all the hype was just that. They even have polls showing he will beat Trump. So I hope all the mean talk goes away. Nobody should criticize the president of the United States. And he really shouldn't be bothered before 10 or after 4. With all that wisdom he has, you can't just let it all out at once, you have to "pace yourself".

I bet he beats Trump like a drum. Behind the woodshed. Like a drum.

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I thought the funnist remark was when he refered to Trump as his vice president.

Freudian Slip(s)?

Biden confuses his VP ally with his political enemy.
Biden confuses his ally Zelenskyy with his geopolitical enemy.

...in the SAME night.

Joe's BFFS Obama, Pelosi, Clooney, Shumer etc. and now all his sycophantic protectors in the Leftist media...are secretly stabbing him behind his back.

"Et tu Brute'?"

With "friends" like the Democrat Party...who needs enemies?

edit on CamFri, 12 Jul 2024 08:19:25 -0500Friday 1amJuly20247 by CarlLaFong because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Was it though?
Are Republicans synonymous with Trump?

Where in your rent free mental space did Trump factor into any of what I said?

Seems like TDS cuts both ways...

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: CarlLaFong

"Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me"!

Surely this cannot continue?

It's very sad.

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

"Infamy! Infamy! They've all got it in for me"!

Surely this cannot continue?

It's very sad.

It's never a very good idea to induce paranoia in the guy with the nuclear launch codes.

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 08:33 AM
link   

I don't know how it works with those codes?

He'd likely get confused and nuke Zelensky instead of Putin.

What's next? "My fellow Pelicans..."?

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
a reply to: network dude

Was it though?
Are Republicans synonymous with Trump?

Where in your rent free mental space did Trump factor into any of what I said?

Seems like TDS cuts both ways...

LOL. I'll leave it to you to ponder that for a while. For the life of me, I can't understand how anyone would tie Trump to republican's talking about stolen elections. It must be my TDS. DERP!

posted on Jul, 12 2024 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

I don't know how it works with those codes?

He'd likely get confused and nuke Zelensky instead of Putin.

Well, he's currently running against his own Vice President, without knowing it.

So anything is possible where Joe Biden is concerned.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join