It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just wall off these cities.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 07:21 AM
link   
It’s becoming increasingly clear where the problem abides:

I am reminded of the overpopulation studies done on mice. Link.

How people don’t like how reality doesn’t fit their preconceived notions so try to pretend the studies were flawed when they showed in stark detail what happens when you put to many animals in too small a space: they go crazy.

They can try to re-write history all they want. Two things are clear. Communism doesn’t work. Too many in too small a space creates insanity.

I’m a country boy and can’t abide large cities. Let these cities have all the toys and food they want. Wall them off and let nature take its course.

Of course this thread is tongue in cheek. But to me the insanity of these cities is clear.

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

when in clown world, be sure to have the right shoes. It's really important.

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 08:02 AM
link   

That’s weird, because every map I’m seeing is dramatically different.

Parliamentary elections are decided by the number of seats a party gets. National rally ended up coming in third, which only happened because the left parties formed a coalition.

So how would they win everything except Paris and not get a majority of seats?

Are you sure that map is correct?

www.lemonde.fr...

www.euronews.com...

edit on 8-7-2024 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

It’s just for her, not all the seats.

a reply to: network dude

Maybe we should have a voter breakdown by shoes worn.

I try never to have anything more shoe like than flip flops on my feet.

Should flip flops and clown shoes go in the same category?

Work boots and sneakers together or separate.

High heels definitely needs a category of their own.
edit on 8-7-2024 by pianopraze because: Added reply to network dude heading

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 08:16 AM
link   

How’s that work? Was that a poll?

The election is for the seats, and then the party selects the PM.

We’re about to see a mess from the coalition deciding how it’s going to delegate the leadership.

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

How’s that work? Was that a poll?

The election is for the seats, and then the party selects the PM.

We’re about to see a mess from the coalition deciding how it’s going to delegate the leadership.

Mess, well that’s one word for it. I can agree.

I feel sorry for France…

… and UK

… and us in the USA, as I doubt anyone but Dominion will decide our election.

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 08:21 AM
link   

From CriticalStinker's link,

I can't copy the political party's colour code and i ain't typing all that out.

But its for the second round results. It doesn't include the overseas results, but nearly all them voted for Macron's coalition from what ive read.

I don't believe the map in the OP is correct somewhat.

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 08:29 AM
link   

If your stance is that the right is better suited to govern, I would take all of this as a gift.

Here in the US, Biden has become the patsy for all the fault on the economy. He’s not without blame, his administration has been a mess, and added to the dire economic crisis. But many voters allocate accountability to the last admin to touch the hot potato. This was probably the best thing to happen to Trump since a second term would have seen at least comparable levels of inflation, and it would be a lot harder to blame anyone else.

In France, Macron announced a snap election. His party is the centrist party, and his presidential term ends in three years. The president seems to have more power in their government compared to other parliamentary countries. I imagine the nation will look at how centrists and the left fail when it comes to things like immigration and vote right in three years. Macron won’t be able to run either, so it will be a lot of fresh faces.

It’s no secret I don’t like any major parties in the world. So for me this is all a curiosity type of thing. I think the right would be better suited being tactical about how they sell their platform. Right now they’re only selling it to their base, and speaking down or making fun of all the other camps. That didn’t work for Hillary in 2016, so I’m curious how the right imagines the same tactic would work for them.

Elections are won by independents and moderates. Whoever sells the best to them wins.

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 08:41 AM
link   

My stance is overcrowded cities breed insanity. Those that live out of that city mindset bubble have a clearer view of the world more based on physical reality - not the made up reality of the cities.

Not really a left/right view.

More country vs city.

Common sense down to earth vs high falootin’ desposable society where you don’t need farms and regulate them to death for climate change as there is plenty of food in the grocery store.

I’m sure city people hold similar view of country. Lol. Seems every movie made by city folk is how wonderful cities are and how scary it is out in the mean old country.

Please re-read last sentence in my OP

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge2

as I understand it a crap ton of left leaning candidates dropped out to give minimal options and get the most votes to stop the right.

But my french is excessively rusty so I could be extremely wrong.

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 08:59 AM
link   

So you post an incorrect graphic without a link but are happy to link to a study on mice??? Talk about being lead by the propaganda and click bait....
edit on 8-7-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

If your stance is that the right is better suited to govern, I would take all of this as a gift.

Here in the US, Biden has become the patsy for all the fault on the economy. He’s not without blame, his administration has been a mess, and added to the dire economic crisis. But many voters allocate accountability to the last admin to touch the hot potato. This was probably the best thing to happen to Trump since a second term would have seen at least comparable levels of inflation, and it would be a lot harder to blame anyone else.

In France, Macron announced a snap election. His party is the centrist party, and his presidential term ends in three years. The president seems to have more power in their government compared to other parliamentary countries. I imagine the nation will look at how centrists and the left fail when it comes to things like immigration and vote right in three years. Macron won’t be able to run either, so it will be a lot of fresh faces.

It’s no secret I don’t like any major parties in the world. So for me this is all a curiosity type of thing. I think the right would be better suited being tactical about how they sell their platform. Right now they’re only selling it to their base, and speaking down or making fun of all the other camps. That didn’t work for Hillary in 2016, so I’m curious how the right imagines the same tactic would work for them.

Elections are won by independents and moderates. Whoever sells the best to them wins.

There are four major reasons for the inflation being so insane: covid spending, Ukraine spending, petrodollar/gas/manufacturing, and the border. Trump certainly gets equal, or more, blame as Biden for covid, but I am curious how the other three are on Trump, in your estimation.

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

as I understand it a crap ton of left leaning candidates dropped out to give minimal options and get the most votes to stop the right.

But my french is excessively rusty so I could be extremely wrong.

Good job its not important whether you're correct or not so. Left, right, centre.

La bleu, blah, blue.

Thats almost all my french linguistic skills

Ah, i have to give me auld mate a pint, cheers Irishhaf

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDuckEnergy

COVID spending absolutely dwarfs the rest of those.

Ukraine spending is a drop in the bucket, we’re producing more oil than any other nation is and ever has, and the border is a bit vague. I assume you mean the social cost on the immigrants? While certainly a burden, I’m not quite sure how that would tie into inflation.

We printed trillions of dollars, the Fed for the first time bought individual stocks, Blackrock headed the “relief” effort, and near zero interest rates caused a frenzy in real estate. Much of the real estate bought was by investment banks, and are being rented out or flipped. Now that interest rates went up to counter the low ones, there’s added cost to purchasing a house that is already double what it would have been in 2019.

The interest rates going up were known when they went down, it was part of the plan.

The US isn’t unique in trying to weaken the short term blow at the cost of mid to long term. But we did it none the less.

There was more capital deployed during COVID than 08’ and the Middle East wars combined (note the decision to used deployed not spent as the two are different).

I think it’s also important to note a lot of the publicly traded companies have been recording record quarters and years in the meantime while blaming rising costs on inflation, so I think greed also plays a part.

Edit: full disclosure, Biden helped pass about equal amounts in spending, and plenty of left leaning governments in the west did the same thing. My point isn’t that all the blame is in one place, but rather no one is innocent. That to me is an important distinction because the left and right around the world have tried blaming eachother. But independent voters are going to see that both did similar policies, so that makes elections a little bit more nuanced than many partisans would have us believe.
edit on 8-7-2024 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage

So you post an incorrect graphic without a link but are happy to link to a study on mice??? Talk about being lead by the propaganda and click bait....

You all keep bringing up different election.

She ran June 9, not July legislative map others posting, which critical correctly noted she did not run in.

edit on 8-7-2024 by pianopraze because: Not changed to noted

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 09:33 AM
link   

did a little more reading apparently the big winners promised a stupid amount of increase in spending by the govt... so yea more I read the more the election result makes sense.

Farewell france, you used to be a force and now you will fade into the darkness with nary a whisper.

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 09:36 AM
link   

She didn’t run on June 9th.

That was the French election to their representation into the EU parliament.

The two elections could have very different outcomes.

One is the governing body for the EU as a whole, and the more recent one was France’s parliament.

An analogy would be like how a state votes for its governor and house vs how it votes for a national election. Often times it’s much different depending on how voters see their state being run vs country.

Not a perfect analogy, but it’s the closest one I got for how the US elections work vs EU member nations.

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

That’s assuming the left coalition can be effective (in enacting their promises).

They’re likely going to have a lot of issues just within their party. Not to mention Macron and Le Pen’s parties collectively have more seats.

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

That would be a good pair of running shoes because you might have to run when something crazy like 911 happens. Or Antifa shows up at your restaurant with ill intent.

posted on Jul, 8 2024 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Yes, reading that. This is map for party win on June 9 according to post (link below). My apologies.

Here is community note going on these posts; and link to the op poster of this graphic on Twitter according to CN. He doesn’t look very right wing…

Twitter OP graphic

Edit to add here is same info created by Wikipedia:

[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024_European_Parliament_election_in_France#/media/File:2024_European_Parliamentary_Election_in_France.svg]Link[/ur l]

en.wikipedia.org...#/media/File:2024_European_Parliamentary_Election_in_France.svg

edit on 8-7-2024 by pianopraze because: Added Wikipedia info

edit on 8-7-2024 by pianopraze because: Trying to fix link posted 2 ways

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join