It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would YOU do???...weird development.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Sounds like someone has been hiding out at dudes house to me. Human trafficking maybe. Lay low bro.
edit on 5000000583120247America/Chicago07pm7 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

I never thought of that angle! Hmmmm...

The wife is of Latino/Mexican descent. Wow!!...ya think???

I've never seen anything which would be a clue to that over there, but WOW!

edit - Historically, they've played this off as 'Native American Indian' which seemed somewhat accurate.

edit on 7/5/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Update...I'm NOT liking not being able to leave the house! This is bullsh!t.

I've had a couple beers (well cocktails) so I can't really push it too hard, but they won't even let me go up the road to my mailbox right now. I get stopped at the bottom of our drive, and told to go back inside. They've got vehicles 2-wide all the way up to the top of the hill on our road, there's no way around it. (Well, there IS a way around it, through our high pasture, and out onto a road which is about 7 miles around the way, but I'm thinking this wouldn't be a good idea if I all of a sudden showed up behind all of them! That probably wouldn't make me any friends!).

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Something I have noticed with the S Americans I meet building in my area, they consider themselves either Spanish or Indians, as in Aztecs even. These all spoke like my Cherokee in laws do to themselves and I said so to them. They were like we are Aztec decent and do not associate with the real Hispanics.

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Hell, there may be dead bodies then. This sound super serious. Prayed for you to be protected right here, right now.

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 11:55 PM
link   

The truck they brought in isn't doing anything. It's just sitting down there idling. I don't know what the heck they're doing!

edit - they've pulled the K-9 teams out now, so something is happening.

edit on 7/5/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

The truck they brought in isn't doing anything. It's just sitting down there idling. I don't know what the heck they're doing!

edit - they've pulled the K-9 teams out now, so something is happening.

I forgot where you are but I wish we could get you out of there if they would let you go.

Good night and I will keep you in my prayers.
edit on 6000000443120247America/Chicago07am7 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 12:08 AM
link   
They just let the roll-off truck go up the hill. Looks like they're trying to figure out if the roll-off truck can pick up the container. I call these things "Sea-Cans", but I think most know what I'm talking about here; they are ocean-going shipping containers, and they come in (2) sizes. These two are the larger of the (2) sizes.

I'm not sure what they're doing, but ordinarily shipping containers can't be picked up by a truck like this, so I don't know what they're thinking (?). They seem to be studying the end of the shipping container down by the ground, from what I can see. They're only interested in the one nearest the residence. The other one is open, and no one is looking at it. The one they're interested in is closed (and I've not seen them open it).

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Oh, I could get out if I needed to, so don't worry about me in that regard.

I'm just trying to not rock the boat too much here. Nothing is happening to me personally...I'm just an observer at this point.

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Heh...now they just sent the roll-off truck back down the hill. I'm kinda' thinking this is a bit of Keystone Kops here at the moment. I knew that truck couldn't pick up that container! (but nobody asked me! LOL!)

Dunno what they have in mind now (probably something crazy)

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Praying over you! In the name of Jesus!

I haven't been this fixated on anything on ATS in years!

Thank you for calling. If you caused a hassle for the neighbor, if he's a criminal, then he's due his just rewards. If someone is in trouble (trafficking) you absolutely did the right thing. If there is no criminal behavior then you did the right thing. I would want you as my neighbor.

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I'm really actually kind of surprised they haven't sent an Ordnance Disposal unit up there yet. Not my call, but there sure does seem to be a lot of attention focused on this (unopened) shipping container!

I think people are getting bored now. Some of the Fire/Rescue EMS units have shut down their lights now and are just sitting there. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Life-Flight helo bail here shortly either.

I'm getting kind of tired watching all this drama too.

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 12:35 AM
link   
As suspected...Life-Flight just spun up and they are OUTTA' here! Headed off to the east, so they're on a (real) critical care medical run. (They're based in Aurora, and I know most of their crews). I didn't figure they'd hang around long. (They'll stage out by us sometimes, and just wait, so tonight was probably just one of those nights. Normally they stage north of here, up towards town, but they're pretty flexible).

Everything else is pretty much stable at this moment.

I think everyone is going to die of boredom at this point!

Oh, and I took the UTV down the hill...I'm allowed to go get the mail now! LOL!!! (I didn't do that because there was no mail yesterday...LOL! I was just being nosy).

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 12:45 AM
link   
The container of interest is now open. The two K-9 teams are back up there. I can see the doors open.

I think this is going to be a great big 'nothing-burger', but man, there's a lot of people here!

WHOOPS! Just got asked to move all our cows over into our high pasture (from our north pasture, where they're just as curious as I am). So, they're gonna' do something! Not sure what, but now I've got to do that...so, maybe back later. This will take a while.

Off to herd some cows in the dark. Lovely!

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 03:00 AM
link   

What a wild event. Stay safe, and keep your cattle safe as well!

Cheers

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: BukkaWukka

Praying over you! In the name of Jesus!

I haven't been this fixated on anything on ATS in years!

Thank you for calling. If you caused a hassle for the neighbor, if he's a criminal, then he's due his just rewards. If someone is in trouble (trafficking) you absolutely did the right thing. If there is no criminal behavior then you did the right thing. I would want you as my neighbor.

Yup, me too.

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Any chance of getting a look at the license plate? or just the number …..

Sorry to hear your peaceful serenity has evaporated into a dramatic flashing light and thumping rotor event.

I offer this ditty in commiseration with your situation, also a very funny movie if your still penned up in the homestead and want some light entertainment.

Spoiler alert. The posted youtube video is pretty much a blowbyblow of the b-grade splatter flick 😁 hope your situation doesn’t devolve into a resemblance of it 😳

edit on 6-7-2024 by Dalamax because: Eta

edit on 6-7-2024 by Dalamax because: Add spoiler alert

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Were they the type of family that put their every move and activity on social media ? sounds like someone was after their guns /tools and knew when to hit and where .

I would have put a few screws /nails under his tyres when the cop was not looking , we used to do this to cop cars when we were kids ,

Time for some night vision equipment FCD m.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 08:33 PM
link   

No sooner did I get done writing my post about the "4th of July" then some weird sh!t happened.

I literally hit "post" when I got an alert of a vehicle coming down our road. We live on a hill overlooking all the property around us. I went outside and I saw a vehicle speeding down the road and up into a neighbor's driveway. This particular neighbor went on vacation two days ago, took the whole family and their travel trailer and left to go someplace (the 4th is not my idea of a vacation, but whatever).

I go outside to see what's going on (mind you, this is almost a mile away). I see the vehicle come up to the house (where all the lights are off), I see the brake lights, and I even see the dome light when the door opens (I'm looking through a set of pretty decent binoculars). Then I see nothing. I see no lights come on inside the residence, I see nothing. Everything is blacked out.

I "think" I see some flashes of lights inside the house, like maybe from a flashlight, but I can't be sure...it's a long way off.

Neighbor didn't ask me to keep an eye on their house, so it's none of my business. We're friends, but he didn't ask for anything.

What would YOU do? I have three choices...I could go over there (at 11pm at night) and ask WTF is going on (armed of course), OR I could call the County Sheriff and tell them what I saw, OR...I could do nothing.

Note - I just looked again, and now there are 'less' lights on at the residence than when the vehicle pulled up. There were two outside lights on when they pulled up, and now there is only one. And, as I noted in my other post...it's pitch black dark out here tonight.

This is all I know at this point. I have no reason to believe there is any wrong doing, but I also know for a fact the neighbors left and aren't home...AND, the vehicle which came up their driveway was not theirs.

So...what would YOU do?

edit - I should also note...even if I called the Sheriff, he (or she) is probably 30-45 minutes out at very best (and that's assuming the nearest deputy isn't already tied up with something else).

One thing came to mind after I read this..(I know it's late but still)... Do you have any device that is IR or starlight?!

If you do or can record the IR/SL activity.. that's proof right there!

2. Try and be good neighbor and when they come home, explain what you saw and did in hopes the both of you will protect each other's property from nefarious activity. If they could give you a schedule of their vacation and any of their kids/family that might be over at their house while they're gone would help immensely!! I have a big family and my nieces and nephews are always over at their house when your mom and dad is gone sometimes so that could be a factor too of what you were seeing.

3. Hmmmmmmm .... Has been the first time cops raided a house while owers were gone. 👍😮‍💨

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Update...Okay, so we all went over to the residence. Found the mystery vehicle. It was parked exactly where I saw it park. It is not registered to the residence (and this is all the deputy would tell me). The deputy was not the guy I was thinking he was; he was one of the ones that came out to resolve a livestock issue we had previously, but not the particular guy who lives near here.

We walked around the house. There were absolutely no lights on inside. We couldn’t go in (obviously), but the vehicle was there, just as I had described and the hood was still warm, so the vehicle had been recently driven.

We knocked on the door(s) (they have three), but no one answered. We looked for any signs of breaking and entering, and there were none. It was clearly obvious someone was there, but they were not answering the door.

The owner has two dogs, one of them is not very nice. There was no sign of either dog. Maybe the neighbor took the dogs with him (although this is doubtful for the one dog; it’s pretty wild and untamed). No explanation for where the dogs were; they’re normally there.

I left two messages on the resident’s (I’m not saying his name here) cell phone to call me when he got the message and stated what was going on. The deputy Sheriff also left a message. It’s well after midnight now. There are still no lights on.

We were up there with 3 trucks, bright headlights and the deputy’s spotlights for a good half hour. Nobody showed up. The place was lit up like a Christmas tree with all our lights.

There was no evidence of wrongdoing, but the simple fact they didn’t answer the door is suspicious enough, IMO.

It doesn’t appear to be more than one person (possibly two) from looking at the vehicle. The back seats were full of miscellaneous junk (i.e. jackets, small auto part boxes, etc.), so no indications someone was sitting in them when the vehicle pulled up, but the two front seats were clean and may have been occupied. The vehicle is a ’96 Ford Explorer, gold in color.

There were no outstanding warrants on the vehicle or it’s owner, but the license tags were expired (but less than 30 days, which gets a pass here in Colorado). The backup K-9 unit which showed up after we got there ran a dog around the vehicle and it somewhat alerted, but nothing major (i.e. not enough for a warrant, according to the handler). He said, the way the dog reacted, it was likely marijuana, but a very small amount. Who the driver of the vehicle was is unknown.

The deputy Sheriff was pretty interested in the whole situation and said he’d be back later (he didn’t explain why, even when I asked). They made note of the vehicle make, model and year and radioed in the description to watch for the vehicle if it was seen later tonight.

Our observations were not wrong, and our concern was warranted. Everyone agreed on this.

This is all I know. And this is what happened. I can’t really do any more from here. (…unless…something further happens).

The vehicle is still there, and the lights are still off. The deputy Sheriff is parked down the road (for now). He said he’ll stay there for a while (no idea how long).

This gets weirder by the minute! Did the cop run the plates at all?! (Unless I miss this small but probably the most important fact!)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join