It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would YOU do???...weird development.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2024 @ 11:55 PM
link   
No sooner did I get done writing my post about the "4th of July" then some weird sh!t happened.

I literally hit "post" when I got an alert of a vehicle coming down our road. We live on a hill overlooking all the property around us. I went outside and I saw a vehicle speeding down the road and up into a neighbor's driveway. This particular neighbor went on vacation two days ago, took the whole family and their travel trailer and left to go someplace (the 4th is not my idea of a vacation, but whatever).

I go outside to see what's going on (mind you, this is almost a mile away). I see the vehicle come up to the house (where all the lights are off), I see the brake lights, and I even see the dome light when the door opens (I'm looking through a set of pretty decent binoculars). Then I see nothing. I see no lights come on inside the residence, I see nothing. Everything is blacked out.

I "think" I see some flashes of lights inside the house, like maybe from a flashlight, but I can't be sure...it's a long way off.

Neighbor didn't ask me to keep an eye on their house, so it's none of my business. We're friends, but he didn't ask for anything.

What would YOU do? I have three choices...I could go over there (at 11pm at night) and ask WTF is going on (armed of course), OR I could call the County Sheriff and tell them what I saw, OR...I could do nothing.

Note - I just looked again, and now there are 'less' lights on at the residence than when the vehicle pulled up. There were two outside lights on when they pulled up, and now there is only one. And, as I noted in my other post...it's pitch black dark out here tonight.

This is all I know at this point. I have no reason to believe there is any wrong doing, but I also know for a fact the neighbors left and aren't home...AND, the vehicle which came up their driveway was not theirs.

So...what would YOU do?

edit - I should also note...even if I called the Sheriff, he (or she) is probably 30-45 minutes out at very best (and that's assuming the nearest deputy isn't already tied up with something else).

edit on 7/5/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Do you have your neighbors cell phone number to call him? He could have someone coming to check on the house, calling the cops could be bad, especially if whomever is checking on his property has had a few drinks and the cops give him a ticket.

Don't know what to advise other than that. If the neighbor answers and nobody is supposed to be going out there, I would take a ride over there or call the cops. I would definitely pack if going over to someone's house for suspicious activity. He may have got someone to go there, but it seems they would have turned on the lights, not used a flashlight.

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Already called. No answer. Probably out of range based on the last time I asked where he and his family go since he got his new trailer.

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Going over to the house is difficult. The vehicle pulled up behind the residence between a couple 40' foot shipping containers. I'd have to drive all the way up their driveway in full view just to get to their house, not to mention the drive all the way down the road to even get to his driveway. Whomever is there would see me coming from literally a "mile" away. I would be at a significant disadvantage. Plus, all the lights are off now.

edit - If this neighbor would have asked me to look after his place, this would be much easier. I'd just drive over there in full view and lay on the horn until someone showed up, then I'd ask them what they were doing there. But this strategy doesn't work if it's a bad guy as I risk someone coming up behind me.

Wow...and I mean it is pitch black over there now!

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I'd call the sheriff; they might not get there before 'whoever' leaves but will take note of any vehicles they pass on the way in.

I could be someone they're looking for in the area; you never know.

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

I don't want to get anyone in trouble, especially not tonight, but I'm thinking this may be the best option right now.

My options are really limited. It's that or...do nothing...and I don't feel that's right either.

Going over there doesn't seem like a viable option right now, regardless of what I go over there with.

edit - I'm just concerned that I have no idea who this person could be. It could be nothing at all, maybe just someone tired who came home and sacked out. BUT, I've never seen this vehicle (as best I could see it in the dark) before. I'd be pissed if someone sent the cops to my house over nothing. This guy does have a grandson who's a bit flaky who lives with him, but the vehicle which showed up wasn't the grandson's truck. But it could have been a buddy...I just don't know.

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Man all I'm hearing is you're being a big chicken when you could've just called the sheriff to check on your neighbor's house since you're reluctant to do anything but snoop and post online about it.

edit on 5-7-2024 by AlroyFarms because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: AlroyFarms

what you're "hearing" is NOT what I am saying, and you don't live in a place like I live.

This isn't some "Nosy Nancy" here! I'm a firearms instructor who uses this guy's shooting range as a teaching area. This is no bullsh!t.

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

So did you actually do anything?

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Sheriff has now been contacted. (this is just getting stupid)

They asked if I saw anything illegal. I said "No". They asked if I have any proof the person who drove up the drive doesn't belong there. Again, "No". Sheriff's department asked me what I want them to do. I said "I don't know, maybe come by and see if everything is okay". They said, and I quote..."Unless it's a welfare check on a specific individual there needs to be a crime in progress for us to investigate".

So...AlroyFarms...what do you suggest I do now, tough guy???

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 12:27 AM
link   

If you were my neighbor I'd be ever so grateful that you called for a welfare check. If it's nothing, no harm no foul BUT.....

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 12:27 AM
link   

I'm not the tough cowboy. You are.

Post more about it as...nothing...develops, I guess.

Happy 4th

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 12:30 AM
link   
They did give me the the cell phone number of the deputy in the area and said I can call him if I see anything suspicious. My response to them was, I already told them I saw something suspicious, and they clarified..."no, suspicious like as in a crime being committed".

I can't see a damn thing over there now. There's less lights on than before.

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AlroyFarms

I'm brave, but I'm not stupid!

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I just called this dude. He said he'll swing by our place and we can talk about it, then maybe go over there together.

I'm good with that.

We'll see what happens.

edit - I think I might even know this particular deputy. He lives a couple miles from here. He knew exactly the house I was talking about, and he's been over to our place on some previous livestock issues.

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 12:51 AM
link   
IDK, I think all your storytelling throughout the years might be giving you a case of the willies? Or the feds are wiring his place while he is gone? Give him a heads up when he gets back.
edit on 5-7-2024 by RobRocket because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 12:53 AM
link   
So...some updates...

Wife just got a text from a widow down the way who really IS a "nosy Nancy". She wanted to know if we saw the same thing. Said she contacted her neighbor (a guy we partner with to do road maintenance). He called me. We're going over there to see what's going on. No idea how long it will take the deputy sheriff to get here. His take is the grandson is not a good kid (possibly drugs), thinks he has some bad friends. Said the grandson tried to offer his teenage son drugs a while back (outside his HS). I think it was weed, so not a big deal...if true.

It could be nothing, and I hope it is. I'd rather have it defuse without the Sheriff involved. No noise coming from the residence, just silence and the vehicle has not left (yet), but it is around the back of the house between two large shipping containers which is odd.

This house, is not some multi-millionaire. The owner is just a residential plumber and he's been getting by. His wife is retired. They're just normal people as far as I know. He's got a sweet spot to use as a firing range, and this is most of my dealings with him. We used to lease some pasture from him when we had more livestock, but we don't do that too much anymore since we bought a bunch of additional property in the area.

This is just strange. It's not like him, and it's notable.

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: RobRocket
IDK, I think all your storytelling throughout the years might be giving you a case of the willies? Or the feds are wiring his place while he is gone? Give him a heads up when he gets back.

LOL!!! You could be right! LOL!!

I don't think so in this particular case, but it's certainly a possibility!!

I don't think the Feds have anything to do with this. If anything, it's some dude who has just decided to case out their place for whatever reason. I'm actually not paranoid (as amazing as this may seem).

Just letting it go without doing anything is certainly an option. My road maintenance neighbor should be here shortly and we're just going to drive over there (full lights) and see what's going on.

Like I said...could be nothing at all.

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Update 2 - Sheriff just showed up and so did my neighbor. So, we're going over there now.

I'll report back.

edit - I don't use ATS on my phone, so it might be a while. Sorry.

posted on Jul, 5 2024 @ 01:24 AM
link   
What would I do?

Go over there stark nekked and ask whomever I came across if I was late for the orgy.
edit on 5-7-2024 by cocnutcrab883 because: Spelling

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join