It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Russian cities have changed under Putin

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2024 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Hello ATS!

In Russia, after a long break, the YouTube channel RBS portal resumed its work. The authors of the channel make videos about the changes that have taken place in Russia. In particular, about how Russian cities have transformed over the past 20 years or more. Moreover, we are talking not only about Moscow and St. Petersburg, but about simple regional cities from the Russian hinterland. The videos are made in the style of “it was - it is now”, and show a striking contrast that city residents sometimes do not notice. Here are some videos:

Nizhny Novgorod.

Naberezhnye Chelny.

Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk on Sakhalin Island (Far East).

And this is my favorite video - Yoshkar - Ola.

It is clear why tourism, domestic and international, is growing with giant strides in Russia.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 2 2024 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

The cities look beautiful, i dont think you will get much argument there.

If you really want to demonstrate how things have changed for the better under Putin, are you able to provide some meaningful statistics?

Maybe you can provide us with some more details that are not as publically available in the west. Things like... Unemployment rates, Crime and Safety Rates, Poverty Levels, Cost of Living, Health Care coverage and Access, Average Household income, etc.

I would also be curious to know what is the military draft rate, average compensation for soldiers, and the rate of care and compensation for injured veterans.

Pretty buildings do not equal prosperity.
edit on 2-7-2024 by EndTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2024 @ 07:07 AM
link   
It’s Wikipedia so to be taken with a grain of salt.Vlad became a minister in 2000 and Russia had its lowest ever year agriculturally in 1999.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

The growth in agriculture output has been fairly steady and is about to reach an all time high almost double what it was. This is good for domestic use as well as export. Out put was around 58 billion in 1999 around 72 billion in the mid 2000’s and presently is at around 98 billion.(granted inflation could explain the dollar increase without any actual food increase because this is not a statistic based on volumes of food but rather value of food.

Putin is by no means a good person but when you fairly compare him to other Russian leaders of the past he is one of the most progressive(even if by our own western standards this seems strange)

It’s not that Putin is great for Russia it’s that Putin is less bad for Russia generally then what’s come before.

Not Russian half my family is from Ukraine simply stating my opinion as I see it.

a reply to: EndTime
edit on 2-7-2024 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2024 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I have repeatedly published similar statistics on the forum. You just need to dig into my threads.

posted on Jul, 2 2024 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
I have repeatedly published similar statistics on the forum. You just need to dig into my threads.

You have published two threads about the economic status of Russia this year, specially regarding the GDP.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Do you have others that actually address the statistics I asked for? Including the military draft rate, compensation and healthcare for injured veterans?

edit on 2-7-2024 by EndTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2024 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I provided some data in the comments. Naturally, what is in the public domain, I can find and publish.

posted on Jul, 2 2024 @ 08:02 AM
link   

I provided some data in the comments. Naturally, what is in the public domain, I can find and publish.

Okay, I will go through your comments to find the information if it is there. I will trust you are not wasting my time.

To keep the discussion moving forward, would you say that Putin has done well on things like unemployment, crime and safety, healthcare, poverty, and care for injured veterans?

posted on Jul, 2 2024 @ 08:12 AM
link   

www.telegraph.co.uk...

You may find this interesting. Basically the economy is on a war footing which increases GDP but this is of no benefit to the people.

Quite the opposite.

Putin is raising taxes to pay for his war.

All this has been pointed out to RT in those other threads.

posted on Jul, 2 2024 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Unemployment is now the lowest in the history of the Russian Federation. Crime also fell, but crime among migrants from Central Asia increased too much. Now in Russia this is a problem. Security has increased significantly; it is now safe to walk around cities at any time. Healthcare has grown enormously. New centers, clinics and clinics have been built. Basic free healthcare is provided to everyone, even migrants. Prices for commercial medical services are such that people from all over the world come to Russia for treatment. Huge amounts of money are allocated for the state healthcare project every year. Poverty levels have reached historic lows. Yesterday, the World Bank included Russia in the list of countries with high incomes.
Money is also allocated for rehabilitation, treatment and care of veterans within the framework of the state target program. All veterans are given plastic “SVOi” cards, to which all necessary payments are transferred, all benefits for all categories and all the veteran’s rights are listed. It works like a simple debit card, only with a list of benefits and services.

I'll tell you about myself. A year ago I was hospitalized with a minor stroke. I stayed in the hospital for 10 days, I was treated for free through my health insurance policy, all the necessary tests were done, and after discharge I received the necessary medications at the clinic for free under the federal program. I also had the lens in my eye replaced for free last year. The operation took place in Moscow at the hospital of the Russian Academy of Sciences.American lens.
All this is just the last year, as far as I am concerned personally.

edit on 2-7-2024 by RussianTroll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2024 @ 08:24 AM
link   

www.reuters.com...

Basically due to the economy being on a war footing with massive spending on Defence based industry, which does not benefit ordinary Russians.

edit on 2-7-2024 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2024 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Unemployment is now the lowest in the history of the Russian Federation. Crime also fell

Full employment on the front or indeed dead!

Crime fallen too? Likewise, the crim's are dead curtousy of Mr Prighozin!

posted on Jul, 2 2024 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Let's see how those crime figures pan out now the prisons are being emptied?

posted on Jul, 2 2024 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Let's see how those crime figures pan out now the prisons are being emptied?

Russia will twist the figures to their advantage one way or another. Some fake Five Year Plan with figures looking astronomically wonderous. To quote ADL from years ago.............. "They talk sh*t"

posted on Jul, 2 2024 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Unemployment is now the lowest in the history of the Russian Federation. Crime also fell, but crime among migrants from Central Asia increased too much. Now in Russia this is a problem.

Migrant crime is an increasing problem throughout the developed world. Not sure what the answer is, certain it is not Rwanda as my govt seem to think.

As a true measure of a civilised society remains our attitudes toward and treatment of our most vulnerable, I would suggest one measurable vector might be how each society responds to vagrancy. With homelessness/rooflessness being an increasing problem, what does Russia do to alleviate the plight of those people? Do any of those lovely new cityscapes provide for the homeless?

The Housing First model is in use in other developed countries en.wikipedia.org... Are there any such programms in Russia?

posted on Jul, 2 2024 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Lies, damn lies, and Russian statistics?

posted on Jul, 2 2024 @ 09:56 AM
link   

All That Glitters Is Not Gold.

posted on Jul, 2 2024 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Healthcare has grown enormously. New centers, clinics and clinics have been built. Basic free healthcare is provided to everyone, even migrants. Prices for commercial medical services are such that people from all over the world come to Russia for treatment.

Oh really?
Understanding Russia's healthcare system

The 2021 Health Care Index lists Russia’s system as 58th best out of 89 countries, with a very low score for quality of infrastructure. A Bloomberg report ranks Russian healthcare last out of 55 developed countries based on the efficiency of state healthcare systems.

The thing is that the quality healthcare is only in major cities. In smaller towns or villages it leaves a lot to be desired. The same goes for poverty, which is visible mostly outside of the major cities.

You're right about crime and unemployment rates. They fell significantly under Putin but the crime rate has recently begun to slowly rise.

I'll tell you about myself. A year ago I was hospitalized with a minor stroke. I stayed in the hospital for 10 days, I was treated for free through my health insurance policy, all the necessary tests were done, and after discharge I received the necessary medications at the clinic for free under the federal program. I also had the lens in my eye replaced for free last year. The operation took place in Moscow at the hospital of the Russian Academy of Sciences.American lens.
All this is just the last year, as far as I am concerned personally.

And I spent a couple of days in a Polish hospital and also had all the tests. My friend had her lens changed for free too and was taken care of. Does that mean that the Polish healthcare is so awesome that people from all over the world come here for treatment? Get real. Anecdotal evidence is no proof here.

posted on Jul, 2 2024 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

You can't polish a turd.

posted on Jul, 2 2024 @ 11:01 AM
link   
More of your propaganda videos only showing one side of Russia, how about the real Russia??

edit on 2-7-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2024 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: covent

I'll tell you. 20 years ago in any major city in Russia there were a huge number of homeless people who had no documents, jobs or housing. They were called homeless (persons without a fixed place of residence), just like you have people under bridges. Now there are a minimum of these. My ex-wife works at the Center for the Restoration of the Rights of the Homeless. There they are provided with primary medical and other assistance, their documents are restored and they are released into the city. Now she has less and less work.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join