It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spoken Language is the Greatest Lie.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Insanity . Mental Illness . Psychosis . It has many names but what is the Cause ?

Me and my harebrained self have a theory.

Language both spoken and written are the root cause of Psychosis . Ignoring of course the genetic predisposition for Schizophrenia and other borderline personality disorders, that is another conversation altogether that focuses almost completely on the Mind/Brain .

Can the Body Lie ?
Can the Mind Lie to itself ?
Can the heart Lie ?

The Answer is no , Albeit sure you can lie to yourself but you always know the truth in the back of your mind which is why cognitive dissonance is so damaging to the human Psyche .

Think about how a Lie detector works , it measures physiological arousal factors, including heart rate, blood pressure, respiration, perspiration, and skin conductivity. ‘ Taken straight from google ‘ . The tester asks a question and you lie with your words but your body tells the Truth .

We as Humans are all lie detectors . if you truly pay attention to Body language , Pupil dilation , Tone , word usage and many other things you can tell a person is lying . Our body , Mind and Heart want to tell the Truth , We want to be honest and everytime we lie it poisons us both inside and the person you are lying to . A lie can be written , for example History . Most of History is a lie and we as Humans can sense this and it drives us mad . A Friend can look at you and tell a lie , you look them in the eyes and you know they are lying but you want to believe them so you twist the very fabric of your own mind to believe them.

The Tower of Babel ….. Yes I’m referencing the Bible as I always do . The Bible is full of wisdom and Truth; you just have to know how to read between the lines . The Peoples of Earth built a tower to reach God . Long story short God scatters the people of Earth cursing them with different spoken languages. My theory is that before the Tower of Babel Humans had no need for Spoken and written Language . We communicated through Body language and Our minds, Hints we were unable to lie . Up to this point Humans for the most part didn’t even understand what a lie was, much less the damage it does to the human spirit.

In short , Lies make us crazy . We slowly or quickly go crazy over time trying to filter the lies out as we live our lives .

Thank you for your time .

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

So, you have concluded that communication is the root of evil. Why did you write that then? You are comunicating and therefore by your own admissions, committing evil.

I don't think you thought that through very well.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeyondKnowledge3

So, you have concluded that communication is the root of evil. Why did you write that then? You are comunicating and therefore by your own admissions, committing evil.

I don't think you thought that through very well.

Taking me a bit out of context but I see your point . Perhaps you didn't really think about what I'm trying to convey here , That's okay it only strengthens the point I'm trying to make.

Lies can only be written and or said. In saying that it does not mean that everything written or said is a lie does it ?? No I didn't think so .

We struggle to communicate with one another because we are constantly trying to sort through what is a lie all we can understand from one anther is what we say or write. For example My Girlfriend wishes I could read her mind
I of course cannot though this does not stop her from punishing for my inability to do so .

Trust is the rise and fall of human relationships, Break that Trust and it's over.
edit on 28-6-2024 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Is not a nonpoisonous snake looking like a poisonous one also a lie? Is not a false move in sports to make your opponent do something to your advantage also a lie? Is not a poison tasting sweet a lie? And all of these have not involved spoken or written language in any way.

There are many lies in this world yet you only scratch the surface of understanding that fact.

edit on 28-6-2024 by BeyondKnowledge3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
Lies can only be written and or said.

How does Denial and Delusion fit in then if it is silent and personal?

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Insanity . Mental Illness . Psychosis . It has many names but what is the Cause ?

You know, there are a few schools of thought on this. Dianetics and some of the theories it's based, on are based on the premise that trauma can get stored in the unconscious memory as engrams. Embedded in those memories can be words spoken during the incidents that created the trauma and those words and phrases can haunt us unconsciously and create mental illnesses and illogical behavior and thoughts.

I'm simplifying and changing some of the terminology around a bit. I'm not a scientologist but I did read Dianetics and found it interesting.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Hakaiju

No. All the analytical part of Dianetics is a misdirection. It is about the Tasp. The meter that you hold in the audit puts tin into your body through electrolysis and that fools your brain into feeling good. It is an electrochemical drug.

A Tasp is an electronic device worn or implanted that artificially stimulates the pleasure centers of the brain. The words are all just a distraction. Scientology is a religion invented by a science fiction writer to get rich. He even admitted it before inventing it.

edit on 28-6-2024 by BeyondKnowledge3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeyondKnowledge3
The meter that you hold in the audit puts tin into your body through electrolysis and that fools your brain into feeling good. It is an electrochemical drug.

Except that the E-meter works just fine with aluminum electrodes. It does put a minute DC current through a person, but it also works through two fingers on the same hand, so not sure how that might affect the brain.

Anyway, I'm not endorsing anything to do with the CoS, only pointing out that, if you believe Dianetics, words stored in your unconscious memory with trauma can affect you consciously. And I'm not claiming to even believe that, only that what they claim.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 05:18 PM
link   

It does work with aluminum also but everyone says the tin cans are better. The meter itself does not read anything useful or repeatable. It just delivers the slight current and the metals into the body.

Aluminum and tin short out the nerves in the brain making you feel better and think less.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

So if I said that the meter also works fine with iron or steel, would you then add those to the list?

This this actually got me thinking. I built myself my own meter to play around with. I wonder if it would work if I put the electrodes in salt water on one side of a dish and my fingers in the other side. There would be no contact with any metals at all then. Hmmmm...

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Lies can be done wordlessly, with pictures. Lies can be in print. Words themselves are an abstraction and states of delusion are more strongly emotional and wordless to the extent that the sufferer cannot distinguish reality from fantastic ideation.

Once upon a time, 'truth' and 'fallacy' were absolutes. But now there are many people who think unfounded opinions are 'truth' and lies/fallacies are 'alternate-truths'.

It's like in the novel 1984 where they had instigated a process of redefining language until it became meaningless, as a way of preventing rational dissent.

Double plus ungood on the truthiness.

edit on 2024-06-28T17:45:46-05:0005Fri, 28 Jun 2024 17:45:46 -050006pm00000030 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Yes, and with CGI we now have moving picture lies.

And AI has introduced talking moving picture lies.

They have implanted mental lies in with those brain implants also.

It seems the lies don't end.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 05:52 PM
link   

The atoms could pass through the salt solution much like electroplating. Iron is toxic if the level is too high but I will have to look up the mental symptoms, I don't remember the specifics on that one.

I have a really nice digital controlled current and controlled voltage power supply I made. We might need to discuss some possible experiments on another thread. Do we have a mad scientist forum?

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 06:00 PM
link   

That's not true. Lies can be conveyed in body language and actions.

We struggle to communicate with one another because we are constantly trying to sort through what is a lie all we can understand from one anther is what we say or write

Huh? I don't struggle to communicate with other humans. I don't spend my time 'constantly trying' to sort out what is true or a lie in my daily communication.

I've lived my life in society, amongst people. I have, what I assume most humans also have, are intrinsic capabilities to quickly ascertain whether something communicated to me is a lie or not, for most things, and depending on context.

I only question the data when basic elements stop adding up and the communication doesn't mesh.

Perhaps you have some internal comprehension issues...?

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 06:10 PM
link   
While you speak great truths, I would argue that the word itself allows for the greatest lies to be told.

But that it in itself, is not a lie, only a medium to allow one honestly or its antithesis.

The choice is always yours; to be or not to be; to lie or not to lie.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Ummm...everybody...thinks...in languages...

Thinking is like your own voice...using words...to define objective and subjective stimuli...or experience...except it's done in the quiet of your own mind...within the confines of your...self...by you...

That's that...voice...in your head...or rather that train of thought that is interpreted by the mind thinking...as a voice speaking language...

The issue is that humans cultivate multiple...voices...or aspects...or constructs...each with it's own role...played by a compartmentalized commingling of id and ego...

Humans lie to themselves...all the time...inwardly...and outwardly...merely because it's interpretive within the experience both subjective and objective...within the thought processes...and/or the conscious/subconscious characterizations of the experiential..."I"...be it ego or id...doesn't negate the conscious/subconscious defense mechanism to guard fiction when confronted by uncomfortable fact...

Truth...which is neither subjective...or objective...is never bound by perception...or perspective...it's only constraint...is that it...IS...that it survives the test of repeatability...and exists unbounded by supposition...or theory...or even thought and the impingement of and focus of consciousness...

Humans lie conversationally...and internally through inner dialogue...do it every day...and maintain deception when unconscious...while asleep...while guarding their secret self/selves...

Lying...and lies...are natural personifications of defense mechanisms...allowing one to function within an outer mask of normalcy...as defined by the social mores and taboos in any given societal structure...to function and thrive in a world view...and societal strictures thoroughly constructed of illusion...

It's not really so difficult to comprehend that entities thriving within illusions...would then create/conceive their own self generated illusions not based on either fact...or truth...to define and defend their...choice...whether such is conscious...or subconscious...

YouSir
edit on 28-6-2024 by YouSir because: three uncommon comma's cancel clarification...

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

How does Denial and Delusion fit in then if it is silent and personal?

Denial is a Lie ? You can live in denial and it eats you alive because you know the truth in your mind.

Delusion is a Lie ? the same as denial .
edit on 28-6-2024 by asabuvsobelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Lies can be done wordlessly, with pictures. Lies can be in print. Words themselves are an abstraction and states of delusion are more strongly emotional and wordless to the extent that the sufferer cannot distinguish reality from fantastic ideation.

Once upon a time, 'truth' and 'fallacy' were absolutes. But now there are many people who think unfounded opinions are 'truth' and lies/fallacies are 'alternate-truths'.

It's like in the novel 1984 where they had instigated a process of redefining language until it became meaningless, as a way of preventing rational dissent.

Double plus ungood on the truthiness.

Pictures are no different than Written language ? I'm sure you've studied the Egyptian Hieroglyphs yes ?

Words themselves are an abstraction and states of delusion are more strongly emotional and wordless to the extent that the sufferer cannot distinguish reality from fantastic ideation.

Exactly further pushing into the realm of mental illness brought on by endless lies .

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: NoOneButMeAgain

Huh? I don't struggle to communicate with other humans. I don't spend my time 'constantly trying' to sort out what is true or a lie in my daily communication.

lol of course you do , Or you are beyond naive.

have, what I assume most humans also have, are intrinsic capabilities to quickly ascertain whether something communicated to me is a lie or not, for most things, and depending on context.

You mean you listen to them and read their body language ? Wasn't that an easier way to say what you just said ? Talking in circles and using useless words to try and make your point is not doing you any favors.

I only question the data when basic elements stop adding up and the communication doesn't mesh.

Rofl what ? You mean when they Lie
Christ help okay you're a bit stubborn aren't you

Perhaps you have some internal comprehension issues...?

Yeah it's called not trusting people .

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Yes mate the very condensed version of what you are saying is . Humans lie to themselves AKA Cognitive dissonance AKA Mental illness.

But the Truth is no one can lie to themselves . The Truth is always there .

People try to lie to themselves but eventually either 5 minutes from now or on their death bed the Truth comes out which is moot because they always knew the Truth .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join