It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perfect Example of AI Bias. Debate Results.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 08:11 AM
link   
So, I missed the debate last night.
Apparently I missed a good one, so thank you to all that posted in the Debate Live Steam Thread!

So, Just for kicks, I went looking for information on the the different news outlets are reporting it today.
Now, here at work, Bing is the default search engine.
Normally I do not pay any attention to the AI info that always pops up on the right. For some reason I did today.

So, my first search "Joe Biden did great at the debate" (Yeah, I was being sarcastic.)
This is what AI had to say about that:
I'm glad to hear that you thought Joe Biden performed well during the debate! Debates can be quite intense, and it's interesting to see how different candidates present their ideas and engage with each other. If you have any specific questions or want to discuss any particular moments from the debate, feel free to ask.

My second search "Trump did great at the debate"
This is what AI had to say about that:
The recent presidential debate between Joe Biden and Donald Trump in 2024 showcased distinct styles and performances. While Trump exuded confidence, he made repeated false claims and provocative statements. On the other hand, Biden, despite having the facts on his side, appeared halting and struggled to finish his arguments. The debate was a critical moment for both candidates, with Trump aiming to keep Biden from returning to office. The stakes remain high as the election approaches.

I took screen shots of both.
Just found it interesting. Apparently, AI is a Biden supporter?
Another reason I am not an AI supporter.

Actually, I think I am going to ask these same questions, a couple times today, both on Bing, and other search engines. Will be interesting to see if the responses change (the lean of victor) over the course of the day,
edit on 28-6-2024 by chiefsmom because: addition

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I've read multiple media outlets accuse Mr. Trump of lying, but not one specific example.

everyone does seem to agree that Mr. Biden did poorly.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

We used to say Garbage In, Garbage Out.

Now, with AI, it's, Bias In, Bias Out.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I still don't know why people solicit authentic intellectual reactions from AI and act shocked when it offers less than intellectual discourse. It's a bot.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 08:28 AM
link   
A.I. is correct in pointing out the flaws in both candidates.

If you're human you're looking at the old candidates energy levels.

If you're a machine you're fact checking the candidates.

Conclusion: Trump is a liar and Joe has no energy. Both candidates are a poor choice.

The fact that the majority of people haven't reached this conclusion is a perfect example of A.I. being smarter than humans.
edit on 28-6-2024 by TinfoilTophat because: Autocorrect

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 08:33 AM
link   
The rules and restrictions put on AI that help keep people safe, private information secure, and prevent criminal activity, can also be abused by those who seek to control information, manipulate people, steer narratives, and push agendas.

edit on 28-6-2024 by IndieA because: Reworded

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTophat

Conclusion: Trump is a liar and Joe has no energy. Both candidates are a poor choice.

I only watched a little bit of it, but I'm pretty sure that I heard Biden claim that unemployment was at 50% under Trump, and that told me it was time to watch something else.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

I just happened to notice that first sentence, with the Biden search, and had a feeling it would not be the same for Trump.
I certainly don't trust it, and don't understand the people that think it is so great.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Coelacanth55

LOL So I did the search again, 20 minutes later.
The Biden one is now talking about how there is upheaval in the Dem party about Biden!

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTophat

Did 51 agents verify that statement? Especially those agents that graduated near the top of their class with 3 degrees?

I think the correct conclusion for biden is that he is a liar with no energy.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I followed your example with Gemini (Bard).

Me: who won last night's debate

Bard: As of today, June 28th, 2024, there wasn't a major presidential debate scheduled in the United States. It's possible you might be mistaken about the date, or there could be a different debate you're referring to.

If you can provide more context, like the location or specific topic of the debate, I might be able to help you find information about the winner.

Here are some resources that can help you stay updated on political debates:

News Websites: Major news websites often cover political debates and announce the winners based on polls or expert opinions.
Social Media: Political parties and candidates might discuss the debate and their perspective on the winner on social media platforms like Twitter.
Fact-Checking Websites: Be wary of information circulating online, and use fact-checking websites to verify claims about the debate winner.

Me: The CNN Presidential Debate between Joe Biden and Donald Trump was last night

Bard: I can't help with that right now. I'm trained to be as accurate as possible but I can make mistakes sometimes. While I work on perfecting how I can discuss elections and politics, you can try Google Search.

Me: So you are either not aware there was a major debate last night, or you are deflecting

Bard: I can't help with responses on elections and political figures right now. While I would never deliberately share something that's inaccurate, I can make mistakes. So, while I work on improving, you can try Google Search.

Looks like it just won't talk about it...not that I blame it.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 08:56 AM
link   

funny either ai is repeating what left leaning news is saying about trump or left leaning news is repeating what ai is saying cause i swear while drinking my coffee hitting all the talking head shows theat all were repeating it almost word for word.

nothing original from any of them.

ETA: i just read your 20 minute later post, that's funny to cause when i came back for my second cup and idjet box surfing the talking heads they were sayin the same thing.

who's feeding who, ai feeding the talking heads or the talking heads feeding ai?

edit on 28-6-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 09:01 AM
link   

something funky happened when edited post above and it posted a double
edit on 28-6-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I watched the debate off and on because it was so pathetic.
Choosing between these two is like choosing which testicle you want to have removed.

That being said, anyone that thinks Biden is still capable of...well anything... Is just lying to themselves. He was juiced up last night after a week to rest and couldn't stay focused.

The Democratic party has to be in panic mode.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Choosing between these two is like choosing which testicle you want to have removed.

i'd have to bite the bullet and choose the left one

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

Yeah, the left one is a jerk...😂

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 09:33 AM
link   

That's hilarious. So in Democrat clown world, AI is programmed with bias.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cvastar

That's hilarious. So in Democrat clown world, AI is programmed with bias.

Imagine if someone made a bot that regularly pulls data from websites like this one. Obviously your mainstream consumer wouldn't pay annual subscription to utilize such technology but it would illustrate how corporations and independent developers rely on different sources to inform their virtual assistants. And then to test whether answers check the same boxes required of the assistant to perform consistently and accurately.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

My left is larger than the right, so yeah, remove that one. With all that weight gone, I shouldn't have to worry about tea bagging when I sit down for my morning constitutional.

posted on Jun, 28 2024 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Hakaiju

To your first question, no.
To your second question, no.

Kinda silly questions to be directed towards me to be honest but yeah, give me the candidate that has more energy to lie.

Trump has more energy than Biden, this is true.
He can outlie Biden at a pace of 3 to 1.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join