It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1955 Flying Saucer shot down by RED WING pilots over The Bull of the Woods central Oregon

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter2
Check this reddit link from today i found a few hours ago with a cropped/straightened version of the picture :

Here is the picture I took from the guy who claimed to have the original:
Reddit r/UFOs

That is linked in my OP

But just found this:

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze
But just found this:

I was searching exactly for those model soldiers (and hubcaps), but couldn't find the right ones because I felt the photo was a classic case of macro photography of miniatures.

That, to me, is the smoking gun that it's a hoax. Three out of four of those figurines appear to be an exact match.

The saddest part is that I wasted an hour of my time watching the Vetted video and getting all excited at what 'Con' James had to 'show' and say.

ETA: I wanted to be sure those were real toy soldiers and found the same kit on eBay.

It is listed as "Tamiya Military Miniatures 1/35 Scale German Soldiers"

edit on 24/6/2024 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

I think there are two issues in the case.

1. The fake photo.

2. The deathbed testimony and materials from a different guy.

Of course this being fake makes the second more suspect as well, but, time will tell.

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

I guess the photo was faked based on the drawing in Sturgill's book... it did seem to match too precisely.

So, the story could be real, but the evidence to support it isn't.

posted on Jun, 24 2024 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Excellent find!

Once completed….

UFO looks like some sort of quasi round pastry with a circular center filling on top… …..given the 1/35 scale of the soldier’s.

🍻

👽
edit on 24-6-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

Yep, I recognised the same ones plus, the one sitting down corresponds with the person on the right of the photo.

At 1/35 scale, those figurines are only between 5 and 5.5 cms tall.

Now to figure out what the UFO is. I looked at hubcaps, but couldn't find a good match. Your idea of some kind of cake/dessert mold is interesting... the search continues.

edit on 25/6/2024 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 09:58 AM
link   

This Space Opera…gets funnier and sadder at the same time …..as time goes on.

From MUFON to BUFFOONON

Such an “Prestigious” organization to get bamboozled into presenting a hoaxed photograph as FACT!

Perhaps it’s an IC op….and meant to discredit MUFON and succeeded because they fell for it and got hoodwinked…..or perhaps the IC and MUFON have been in Cahoots from the very beginning….

How could anybody trust MUFON?

They’ve lost credibility with me………

There’s an old saying that goes like this…….”One Oh $hit…..will wipe out, a Thousand Attaboy’s”

If MUFON is not working with the IC…….then if they want to maintain any shred of credibility…..they (Ron James) should triage this now and make a public Mia Culpa immediately or at the upcoming symposium ……and just admit that their screening process of individuals before accepting photos from them…FAILED….and …listen up MUFON and it’s Investigators…..to gain back public trust….they revamp their policies and procedures …so it won’t happen ever again.

👽🍺
edit on 25-6-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Ok, we have a sort of timeline, too.

That Tamiya kit was first released in 1984, so the hoax couldn’t have been done before that year.

The kit is not available anymore on Tamiya’s website, but there are many kits still available worldwide on the second-hand market.

Going even further, it’s obvious that the hoaxed photo was made after the release of Wayne Sturgill’s book, “Ominous: The Nexus and Reality of Flying Saucers”, because it reproduces the artist’s impression drawing in the book.

The book was first published April 20, 2023

So, the hoaxed photo was made between that date and when Ron James declares he met the person (in Oregon) who approached him with the 1955 story.

That could have been during the UFO Festival in McMinnville, Oregon, May 17–18, 2024.

edit on 25/6/2024 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Excellent 🍻

I’m pretty sure that at any sort of UFO festival, festivities, conference’s…etc. …about UFO’s and Alien’s ….there are unscrupulous vendors selling fakes of this and that….also con men and women pulling people to the side saying “Hey….I have a real photograph of an UFO and a real Alien…shhhh …come over here so we could talk…I could give you a great deal…and an ‘authentic’ account of how the photos came about”……heh heh heh.

If anything could be said about Humans…..we are a Gullible species 😉

Even Patrick the ex-cook from Vetted. Yeah…he’s easy to be used….since he’s relatively, a newbie in the UFOtainment…Arena. Everybody is in bed with each other. He’ll find that out…if he hasn’t already….with this debacle of now a hoaxed photo presented on his show. He was sucked in by Ron James.

That’s why Ron wanted to know Patrick’s background….Ron now knows..Patrick could be used..as demonstrated further in the Vetted vid….and Patrick a new target, is just blindly eating it up.

Be cautious Patrick. Being Comped Free by Ron James to be at the Symposium.. is just the first steps to gain your confidence and gullibility to be used. Like the Mob…once your in….you can’t get out. Free…comes with costs in other ways.

👽😆🍺

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Edited the above post…

👽🍺🧐

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Well, Patrick dropped a new video about the debunking of the 1955 story.

Ron James, in a telephone interview is not accepting, at this time, the figurines/diorama theory.

He says that there is more evidence... 20 more photos... of debris!

That's where I stopped listening... I can't believe what I'm hearing.

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22

Well, Patrick dropped a new video about the debunking of the 1955 story.

Ron James, in a telephone interview is not accepting, at this time, the figurines/diorama theory.

He says that there is more evidence... 20 more photos... of debris!

That's where I stopped listening... I can't believe what I'm hearing.

I agree it’s a SS.

There is two sources.

One is the army persons deathbed confession. They supposedly have material and photos they wanted released upon their death.

The second are these photos which seem to be faked for the book. I’m guessing they were made for the book as it has a drawing of the hoax photo.

This guy has messed things up royally conflating the two. Going to be hard to accept the deathbed reveal after obvious book hoax photos. Waiting to see.

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 01:47 PM
link   

4 points were quite evident to me…

1) Continue to plug the Symposium ($100.00)
2) Now plug the book Ominous which Ron has a hand in ($38.00)
3) Ron is wearing blinders if he can’t see an obvious hoaxed picture by evidence of the diorama German soldiers resting model figures..…seen here on ATS and other media…shows lack of due diligence.
4) I feel for Patrick….I was starting to like his podcasts but present circumstances is changing that.

Ron knows the jig is up! But now you have to still buy into the symposium to view the truth, whole truth and nothing but the truth…. 😆

Riddle me this….was Ron James Vetted to appear on Vetted?

Everything in UFOlogy goes back to this $$$$$$$

I wish I could write…..I’d write a book about the people in UFOlogy…writing books 😄

👽🍹

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Absolutely...$$ signs are blinding their vision.

One thing that perplexes me. If that photo was so super-secretive and only Ron James was privy to it, then why were prints for sale at $10 at whatever venue that display one was exhibited?

Secondly, the only way that the original photo could be verified as having been taken in 1955, would be to have the paper and/or negatives forensically tested... I'll wait.

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Secondly, the only way that the original photo could be verified as having been taken in 1955, would be to have the paper and/or negatives forensically tested... I'll wait.

Good luck with that 🤣

👽🍻

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Ok, we have a sort of timeline, too.

That Tamiya kit was first released in 1984, so the hoax couldn’t have been done before that year.

The kit is not available anymore on Tamiya’s website, but there are many kits still available worldwide on the second-hand market.

Going even further, it’s obvious that the hoaxed photo was made after the release of Wayne Sturgill’s book, “Ominous: The Nexus and Reality of Flying Saucers”, because it reproduces the artist’s impression drawing in the book.

The book was first published April 20, 2023

So, the hoaxed photo was made between that date and when Ron James declares he met the person (in Oregon) who approached him with the 1955 story.

That could have been during the UFO Festival in McMinnville, Oregon, May 17–18, 2024.

I think the drawing in the book was literally shown to be made from tracing the photo.

So the photo had to be made before the book was released.

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 06:10 PM
link   

In this light, TAMIYA should consider alien figures, hoaxers will have a field day.

edit on 6 25 24 by DaydreamerX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DaydreamerX

I'm surprised we haven't seen an UFO crash scene a flying UFO made with a 3D printer.

Old time hoaxers had to work harder to fool people.

posted on Jun, 25 2024 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
a reply to: DaydreamerX

I'm surprised we haven't seen an UFO crash scene a flying UFO made with a 3D printer.

Old time hoaxers had to work harder to fool people.

That’s true….3D crash sites are out there. Perhaps one like these will be used to perpetrate a hoax..or at least in an attempt…

👽🍺

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 02:24 AM
link   

I propose a theory that the hoaxed ufo craft itself in the photograph ….is the almond shaped eye and surrounding eye skin of an Alien latex mask typical to these…

When I look at the drawing….against the craft itself in the photograph…I see an eye that has been cut off a latex rubber mask and laid horizontally……I’ve removed the soldiers….and rotated the eye craft vertically to make my point….

Of course for diorama purposes the artist/modeler blend the eye into the crash scene…taking care of any rough cut rubber latex edges…and then there’s the lighting added for the darkish camera effects.

Hmmm

👽🤔🤓🥃
edit on 26-6-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join