It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Incident Proving The Need For Unrestricted Concealed Carry Nationwide

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 03:52 PM
link   
As is typical when incidents such as what I am about to disclose happen, the left will once again demand more 2nd amendment restrictions but I must disagree with their constant attempts to disarm law-abiding citizens. The event I am about to present here IS a perfect illustration to confirm the need for unrestricted concealed carry across this nation. I am going to disclose my general location in writing this post but I feel I must to make you understand just how close to home this tragic incident is to me.

Yesterday, June 21st, 2024, a white man, 44-year-old Travis Posey, drove up into the Fordyce, Arkansas Mad Butcher parking lot and started shooting. He ended up wounding 11 people, killing another 3, and also wounding 2 police officers before he was eventually wounded himself and apprehended. Fordyce is a rural community of roughly 3,000 residents and The Mad Butcher grocery store is the only grocery store in Fordyce. Mr. Posey resides in yet another small rural community (New Edenburg) of roughly 134 residents just a few miles southeast of Fordyce. Why Mr. Posey committed this horrific tragedy remains a mystery at this point but I'm sure he will eventually reveal his motives.

I don't live in Fordyce but I shop in Fordyce. I buy my groceries at that store. I have patronized that store hundreds of times through the years. I was at that store just this past Monday. I could have easily been one of his victims yesterday. In reflecting on this tragic event, I feel a deep sympathy for Mr. Posey. I can only imagine the psychological trauma he has endured throughout his life to have driven him to this act of rage against his own neighbors and community. I can imagine. I think many of us can imagine ourselves being in a near similar state at one time or another throughout our life. His spirit was irreparably broken that day and he lashed out at the world. For some, there is no kindness in this world. No compassion. No help.

In the past, I have been supportive of the death penalty for capitol murder cases but I don't think I can be now, especially after witnessing the degree of corruption of our judicial system as exhibited in the ongoing corrupt Fani Willis rico case being conducted down in Fulton County Georgia. At the very least, it should be used with the utmost discretion. Where there is no doubt the perpetrator is unrepenting and morally unsalvagable. When a person's life is taken, his chance for repentance and salvation is also taken from him. I have come to believe our judicial system across the nation is as broken as Mr. Posey is. Because of this and the near certain truth that we are often times sending innocent or psychologically broken people to their deaths. Broken by the reality our society imposes on them, a society that is as much to blame as they are, I can no longer support our killing those our society has broken. We are spending trillions on foreign conflicts we have often times fomented but we can't treat the psychologically frail or broken amongst us? That's a sad testament to our morality.

This story made national news yesterday and you can just about bet your last dollar the anti-2nd Amendment crowd will use this incident to proclaim the need to relieve us of our so-called assault styled weapons because of this but what most will never realize is that Mr. Posey did not use an assault styled weapon to commit this tragedy. Not even a semiautomatic handgun with over 10-round capacity. He used a shotgun. A weapon so basic and plentiful in this rural setting. A weapon almost every person in this state owns and uses for recreational sport hunting. These people don't just want your Ar's, they want all of your guns. They want you disarmed....

New York's concealed carry restrictions have been based on need. How can an average citizen justify need, other than to say, from when, where or what time will a crazed killer appear? There is another epidemic sweeping this nation now that is similar to the last in that it was a planned operation, but unlike the last epidemic that affected the respiratory system, this plandemic affects the brain. Another planned intentional epidemic conducted and compounded by the criminality against our society by those that control our federal government, and it is in no way we the people. And who is the most affected by this new plandemic? The politicians themselves, I think. We are being governed by a crazed cabal of lunatics.

Our society is in freefall decline now. Morality has purposefully all but been eliminated, God has been removed from our society and we are headed into the abyss.

Protect yourselves. Concealed Carry!

edit on 22-6-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: charlest2

I recommend everyone that is able to get a CPL and carry every time you leave the house.
Spend as much time at the range as you can practicing your gun skills.

The only time I do not carry is when I am at work, which I do not agree with but that is their rule.

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

I used to have a permit but let it lapse several years ago. I think I will start carrying again after this. Fu## the permit. The 2nd is all the permit I need.

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 04:23 PM
link   
It's really rare to find a human being in this age. Way to be, charlest2. Please spread your good soul anywhere and everywhere.

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

It's Better to be Safe than Sorry Dead . God Agrees....
edit on 22-6-2024 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: whereisdagan

Thank You. It's hard for me to do though. My heart is good but my impulsiveness is weak.

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Take heart. There are now 28 states who have Constitutional Carry and as of July 4th, Louisiana will make 29. Liberal states will continue to restrict the citizens Right to protect themselves, while letting violent criminals back on the streets in the name of "fairness".

Police do not protect people, they show up After a crime has been committed. It's up to you to protect yourself.

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

Take heart. There are now 28 states who have Constitutional Carry and as of July 4th, Louisiana will make 29. Liberal states will continue to restrict the citizens Right to protect themselves, while letting violent criminals back on the streets in the name of "fairness".

Police do not protect people, they show up After a crime has been committed. It's up to you to protect yourself.

" Dave , there is TRUTH in your Words of Death , and there is Also TRUTH in your Words of Life . Let Us All Enjoy Life , eh ? "

10 Bears Ghost Spirit
edit on 22-6-2024 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 07:01 PM
link   

I do. I have everyday since 1974.
✌️👍

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I like conceal carry but if open carry is legal where you are I don't know but I feel like open carry is more of a deterrent.

I mean if someone has bad intent they probably will think twice if they see like 1 in every 3 people everywhere they go openly armed and ready to nip problems in the bud.

Its only a weapon if you use it like one!

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

That idea is worthy of discussion. I guess it would be worthy of debate but I am reminded of a woman attending a local secluded country beer outlet several miles up the road from me. She was open carrying and I thought it quite naive of her to do so. In doing so, she was advertising to the potential robber to come in armed and expecting resistance from her. The problem as I saw it was that she would attempt to stop the armed and ready intruder without realizing he had the advantage of surprise and ready in his favor. In her instance, open carry could get her killed.

If she was carrying concealed, the element of surprise could have been in her favor.

Twenty or so years ago, when my now deceased companion managed a small country store south of me, one morning she got a phone call telling her the 2 young women attending the morning shift had been robbed and murdered. One was killed instantly by a shotgun blast to the face but the other lingered for some time from a similar blast to the midsection. Both were close-range shotgun blasts. They don't know how long she suffered before dying. They were told to never open the doors before the usual morning crowd began to arrive but since they knew the two that morning they went ahead and opened the door for them. They both died because of their innocence and lack of awareness even in those they knew.

Yes, they knew their murderers.

I owned a nice Ranger 482VS bassboat back then and enjoyed using it. After my companion retired, I could not enjoy it like I once did because she was terrified of being left alone at home after that incident. I ended up selling it because I didn't have the opportunity to use it much any longer.

posted on Jun, 22 2024 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

originally posted by: DAVID64

Take heart. There are now 28 states who have Constitutional Carry and as of July 4th, Louisiana will make 29. Liberal states will continue to

" Dave , there is TRUTH in your Words of Death , and there is Also TRUTH in your Words of Life . Let Us All Enjoy Life , eh ? "

10 Bears Ghost Spirit

My favorite part of the movie. I too carry every day. Keys, billfold, gun and spare mags. Trained in habits work.

Surprise, speed and overwhelming violence.

edit on 6/22/2024 by Albone because: Addition

edit on 6/22/2024 by Albone because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/22/2024 by Albone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2024 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Edit: wounding 11 people killing 3, and also wounding 2 police officers totaling 14 people shot including the assailant.

posted on Jun, 23 2024 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Some Raw video of the shooter taking shots

Frightening Video Shows The Mass Shooter Taking Shots At People Outside An Arkansas Grocery Store, Killing 3 And Injuring 10 Others Including 2 Troopers - Video

A video clip from the scene appears to show a man in the parking lot armed with a shotgun firing at officers, who were returning fire.

posted on Jun, 23 2024 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: tarantulabite1

The total killed has risen to 4 now.

So sad! If this can happen in a small sleepy little southern town like Fordyce, it can happen anywhere.
edit on 23-6-2024 by charlest2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2024 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Yes ....I was just quoting the video/headline

posted on Jun, 23 2024 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Only by arming more people will we stop the misuse of firearms.

Pew, pew, pew, pew, pew.

... and when the smoke clears, all will be peaceful and 'freedomy'.

posted on Jun, 23 2024 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

" .. and when the smoke clears, all will be peaceful and 'freedomy'."

...And all the Bad Guy Evil Killers of Innocents will be DEAD . Hurray for Self Defense !

posted on Jun, 23 2024 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

" .. and when the smoke clears, all will be peaceful and 'freedomy'."

...And all the Bad Guy Evil Killers of Innocents will be DEAD . Hurray for Self Defense !

Assuming that the evil guys don't shoot first, and/or have better aim, or that there is no collateral damage from all that ordinance flying around.

But that's silly 'cause the good guys always win. I have seen it on TV, every time!

edit on 2024-06-23T14:55:22-05:0002Sun, 23 Jun 2024 14:55:22 -050006pm00000030 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2024 @ 03:40 PM
link   

It's far better to go down fighting than to go down whimpering in a corner like a scared puppy pissing all over itself.

<<   2  3 >>

join